|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says in Act 2, Scene 3, "I don't know what you're trying to do. It's up to you to go. Just get on the train"?
2. What object has Claire brought with her which she has prominently displayed in the hotel?
3. What animal has Claire brought with her to the town?
4. What has escaped in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does the name of the town from The Visit mean in German?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions and answers take place between Ill and the townspeople in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Ill notice about the customer purchases in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is the reaction to Ill's points in Act 2, Scene 3? How do they blockade him?
4. In the beginning of Act 2, what does Ill see from his window? What does he do?
5. What does Ill realize in his conversation with the mayor in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What does Ill come to notice about the appearance of his customers in Act 2, Scene 1? What is their reply?
7. What does Claire ask to tour in the town? What do the townspeople note about her presence?
8. What does Ill say to Claire in his attempts to woo her in the Village Wood? How does she respond?
9. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What are the townspeople awaiting in the beginning of the play? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What opinion of religion does the author express in the play? How is this thematically and symbolically represented?
Essay Topic 2
What do the townspeople sing in the final chorus of the play? How does this represent the author's views of poverty in comparison to greed?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the character of Claire to that of Medea, whom is mentioned on multiple occasions in the play. How are they similar?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)