|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ill ask for in his final moments in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A last meal.
(d) A cigarette.
2. Who took away the child that Claire bore?
(a) Women's Programme.
(b) State Agency.
(c) The Adoption Center.
(d) The Salvation Army.
3. What is Mrs. Ill referring to when she says in Act 3, "They're in fashion today"?
(a) Large hair.
(b) High heels.
(c) High collars.
(d) Large breasts.
4. Who has performed guest shows at the town auditorium?
(a) The French Repertory Theatre.
(b) The Oneida Repertory Players.
(c) The Kaffigen Repertory Players.
(d) The Kalberstadt Repertory Players.
5. What does Claire say the world turned her into in Act 3?
(a) A madame.
(b) A millionaire.
(c) A witch.
(d) A whore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns Konrad's Village Wood?
2. How does the author say the characters speak in the final scene in the postscript?
3. What does Claire call her ninth husband?
4. What does Claire offer to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What was Claire's father's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author suggest the play resembles in the postscript?
2. What conclusion has Ill come to in Act 3, Scene 2? Who does he discuss this with in his shop?
3. What does Durrenmatt say regarding the setting of the play?
4. What is the author's point in writing the postscript?
5. What is expressed in the final song of the play?
6. What does Ill ask Claire about in Act 3, Scene 3? What is her reply?
7. What does Claire respond to the offer in Act 3, Scene 1?
8. What does Claire reveal to her guests in Act 3, Scene 1 regarding Guellen?
9. Who meets Claire in Act 3, Scene 1? Why?
10. How has Ill's character undergone a drastic change in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)