|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claire recall that Ill used to buy cigarettes from in their youth?
(a) Little Natalia.
(b) Little Susanna.
(c) Little Loretta.
(d) Little Matilda.
2. What does the author claim must not be overlooked in the character of Claire?
(a) Sense of evil.
(b) Sense of humor.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her beauty.
3. Who is taking a course in literature in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Who does Ill tell the Priest to pray for in Act 3, Scene 4?
(b) His family.
5. From what passage of the bible did the Priest make a sermon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Matthew, thirteen.
(b) First Corinthians, thirteen.
(c) Luther, thirteen.
(d) Revelations, nine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Claire have the two eunuchs shipped to in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Who enters to speak to Claire in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What kind of cigarettes does the butcher buy in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Which character says he's been over-drinking lately in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What is Ill doing upstairs in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's point in writing the postscript?
2. What plea do the visitors make to Claire in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Why is the vote held twice in the final scene? Why do the reporters leave?
4. What does Claire reveal to her guests in Act 3, Scene 1 regarding Guellen?
5. What takes place in the climax of the play? Where is this scene located?
6. Who meets Claire in Act 3, Scene 1? Why?
7. What conclusion has Ill come to in Act 3, Scene 2? Who does he discuss this with in his shop?
8. What does Ill ask Claire about in Act 3, Scene 3? What is her reply?
9. What does Claire respond to the offer in Act 3, Scene 1?
10. How does Act 3, Scene 3 change the tone of the play and the reader's view of the main characters?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)