|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The microphone went out.
(b) The camera jammed.
(c) The lights went out.
(d) They couldn't believe it.
2. What does Claire say her marriage to Hoby was?
(a) Her longest.
(b) Her second-shortest.
(c) Her shortest.
(d) Her second-longest.
3. In terms of performance, the author writes in the postscript that "all that is art should seem to be _____."
4. What was Claire's father's name in the play?
(a) Hildegen Wascher.
(b) Godfrey Zisselman.
(c) Godfrey Heinman.
(d) Godfrey Wascher.
5. What does Claire order her ninth husband to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Think harder.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Go for a drive.
(d) Stop thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author in the postscript says that under the circumstances of the play he is not sure of what?
2. How does the author say the characters speak in the final scene in the postscript?
3. What is Claire wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does the author state that Ill ultimately receives in the end of the play?
5. Where did Claire have the two eunuchs shipped to in Act 3, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Claire's love of power revealed in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is the author's point in writing the postscript?
3. What is revealed about the townspeople in the final scene of the play?
4. What does the mayor tell Ill in Act 3, Scene 2 when offering him the gun?
5. How has Ill's character undergone a drastic change in Act 3, Scene 2?
6. What conclusion has Ill come to in Act 3, Scene 2? Who does he discuss this with in his shop?
7. How does Durrenmatt say he relates to the characters of the play in the postscript?
8. What does Claire reveal to her guests in Act 3, Scene 1 regarding Guellen?
9. Who has arrived in the town in Act 3, Scene 2? What is the townspeople's concern about this?
10. What does Claire respond to the offer in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)