|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ill doing upstairs in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Where does Mrs. Ill tell the reporters her husband is in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Whose performance in the choir does Claire remark upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Policeman's.
(b) The Schoolmaster's.
(c) The Mayor's.
(d) The Doctor's.
4. Who speaks up with questions when Ill takes the stage at the town meeting in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The Schoolmaster.
(d) No one.
5. What kind of car does Hoby have?
(a) A Mercedes.
(b) A Porsche.
(c) A BMW.
(d) A Cadillac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire remark that she hates in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Who does Claire say will be following after the eunuchs soon in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Man One says that every bridesmaid was a what in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. Which character says he's been over-drinking lately in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Claire's love of power revealed in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How did the child of Ill and Claire die?
3. What does Claire reveal to her guests in Act 3, Scene 1 regarding Guellen?
4. What does Durrenmatt mean regarding "not imposing excessive meaning" in the postscript?
5. What does Ill ask Claire about in Act 3, Scene 3? What is her reply?
6. What takes place in the climax of the play? Where is this scene located?
7. How does Act 3, Scene 3 change the tone of the play and the reader's view of the main characters?
8. What does the author suggest the play resembles in the postscript?
9. What does Durrenmatt say in reference to allegory or symbolism in the postscript?
10. What is revealed about the townspeople in the final scene of the play?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)