|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire say you have husbands for in Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) Useful agendas.
(c) Display purposes.
(d) Fur coats.
2. What is Mrs. Ill referring to when she says in Act 3, "They're in fashion today"?
(a) High collars.
(b) High heels.
(c) Large hair.
(d) Large breasts.
3. What is Claire wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A black dress.
(b) A tiara.
(c) A wedding gown.
(d) A ball gown.
4. How does the author say the characters speak in the final scene in the postscript?
(a) A relaxed fashion.
(b) An abstract fashion.
(c) A formal fashion.
(d) With determination.
5. In the postscript, the author writes that "just as any creature is sealed off inside its skin, so the play is sealed off inside ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Schoolmaster claim the town is "not" moved by in its actions in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. Where do Claire and Ill meet in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. That author claims in the postscript that "nothing could harm this comedy with a tragic end more than ______."
4. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. Who does the Schoolmaster say he is an admirer of in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)