|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claire recall that Ill used to buy cigarettes from in their youth?
(a) Little Matilda.
(b) Little Natalia.
(c) Little Loretta.
(d) Little Susanna.
2. Who does Claire say will be following after the eunuchs soon in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The butler.
(c) The musician.
3. Who is speaking at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(b) The Mayor.
(d) The Radio Announcer.
4. What does Claire remark that she hates in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. The author in the postscript says that under the circumstances of the play he is not sure of what?
(a) He would have stayed.
(b) He wouldn't have left.
(c) He'd have committed suicide.
(d) He would have acted differently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ill cry out after the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. Where is tea being served to the ladies after the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What do the reporters want a photograph of Ill selling?
4. What does the Schoolmaster claim is the root of much evil in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. What is the Doctor's last name in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Claire's love of power revealed in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Claire reveal to her guests in Act 3, Scene 1 regarding Guellen?
3. How did the child of Ill and Claire die?
4. What does Durrenmatt say in reference to allegory or symbolism in the postscript?
5. What are Claire's final words to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
6. Where does Ill meet Claire in Act 3, Scene 3? Who is she with?
7. How does Durrenmatt say he relates to the characters of the play in the postscript?
8. What does Ill thank Claire for in Act 3, Scene 3?
9. Why is the vote held twice in the final scene? Why do the reporters leave?
10. What does Durrenmatt mean regarding "not imposing excessive meaning" in the postscript?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)