|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire call her ninth husband?
2. To whom was Claire's shortest marriage?
(a) The Armenian.
(b) Count Holk.
(c) The Duke of Winchester.
(d) Lord Ishmael.
3. What does Claire say you have husbands for in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Fur coats.
(b) Useful agendas.
(c) Display purposes.
4. Man One says that every bridesmaid was a what in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Film starlet.
(b) A princess.
(c) A queen.
(d) A millionairess.
5. In the postscript, how does the author say he considers himself in comparison to the characters of the play?
(a) At no great remove.
(b) Filled with judgment.
(c) Removed from.
(d) Owning of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire say she plans to turn the world into in Act 3?
2. In Act 3, Scene 4, the Schoolmaster says, "For what would be the sense of wealth, which created not a wealth of ____?"
3. Where did Claire have the two eunuchs shipped to in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Who owns Konrad's Village Wood?
5. What does Mrs. Ill call the butcher in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Durrenmatt mean regarding "not imposing excessive meaning" in the postscript?
2. What does Durrenmatt say in reference to allegory or symbolism in the postscript?
3. What does the author suggest the play resembles in the postscript?
4. What does Ill thank Claire for in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What is expressed in the final song of the play?
6. How is Claire's love of power revealed in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. Who has arrived in the town in Act 3, Scene 2? What is the townspeople's concern about this?
8. What are Ill's final requests before dying?
9. What does Claire reveal to her guests in Act 3, Scene 1 regarding Guellen?
10. Who begins to tell the truth to the press in Act 3, Scene 2? Who stops him?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)