|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That author claims in the postscript that "nothing could harm this comedy with a tragic end more than ______."
(a) Heavy seriousness.
(c) The avant-garde.
2. What kind of car does Hoby have?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A Cadillac.
(d) A Porsche.
3. Where has Claire sent Hoby in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Hong Kong.
4. What does Claire call her ninth husband?
5. What does Claire remark that she hates in Act 3, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author state that Ill ultimately receives in the end of the play?
2. What is the name of the factory in the town which is mentioned in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
4. Who does Claire say her ninth husband reminds her of in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Where did Claire have the two eunuchs shipped to in Act 3, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's point in writing the postscript?
2. What does the author suggest the play resembles in the postscript?
3. What is revealed about the townspeople in the final scene of the play?
4. What conclusion has Ill come to in Act 3, Scene 2? Who does he discuss this with in his shop?
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, how do the townspeople view Ill?
6. Who has arrived in the town in Act 3, Scene 2? What is the townspeople's concern about this?
7. What does Durrenmatt say regarding the setting of the play?
8. What does Durrenmatt mean regarding "not imposing excessive meaning" in the postscript?
9. What does Claire reveal to her guests in Act 3, Scene 1 regarding Guellen?
10. How has Ill's character undergone a drastic change in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)