|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author claim must not be overlooked in the character of Claire?
(a) Sense of humor.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Sense of evil.
(d) Her beauty.
2. What does the Schoolmaster claim is the root of much evil in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. Who owns Konrad's Village Wood?
(a) The Mayor.
(c) The Doctor.
4. What does the author claim that Claire does not represent in the play?
(a) The Marshall Plan.
(c) The Death Penalty.
5. Who does the Schoolmaster compare Claire to in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cigarettes does the butcher buy in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who does the author compare the character of Claire to in the postscript?
3. Who is speaking at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
4. Whose performance in the choir does Claire remark upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Who does the Schoolmaster say he is an admirer of in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire respond to the offer in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Ill thank Claire for in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What is the author's point in writing the postscript?
4. Who begins to tell the truth to the press in Act 3, Scene 2? Who stops him?
5. Who has arrived in the town in Act 3, Scene 2? What is the townspeople's concern about this?
6. What does the author suggest the play resembles in the postscript?
7. How does Durrenmatt say he relates to the characters of the play in the postscript?
8. What does Claire reveal to her guests in Act 3, Scene 1 regarding Guellen?
9. What is the outcome of the vote in Act 3, Scene 4? How do the townspeople justify it?
10. What does the mayor tell Ill in Act 3, Scene 2 when offering him the gun?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)