|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire tell her visitors they are covered in in Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) Animal hair.
2. What does Claire say the world turned her into in Act 3?
(a) A whore.
(b) A madame.
(c) A witch.
(d) A millionaire.
3. What is Claire's ninth husband?
(a) A musician.
(b) A plastic surgeon.
(c) A Nobel Prize winner.
(d) A film star.
4. In the postscript, the author writes that "just as any creature is sealed off inside its skin, so the play is sealed off inside ____."
5. What is Claire wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A wedding gown.
(b) A black dress.
(c) A tiara.
(d) A ball gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire use to examine her guests in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What was Claire's father's occupation?
3. Where was the Doctor offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does the author state that Ill ultimately receives in the end of the play?
5. Where did Claire have the two eunuchs shipped to in Act 3, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, how do the townspeople view Ill?
2. How does Act 3, Scene 3 change the tone of the play and the reader's view of the main characters?
3. How did the child of Ill and Claire die?
4. What conclusion has Ill come to in Act 3, Scene 2? Who does he discuss this with in his shop?
5. What is expressed in the final song of the play?
6. Who begins to tell the truth to the press in Act 3, Scene 2? Who stops him?
7. Who has arrived in the town in Act 3, Scene 2? What is the townspeople's concern about this?
8. What does Ill thank Claire for in Act 3, Scene 3?
9. What is revealed about the townspeople in the final scene of the play?
10. How does Durrenmatt say he relates to the characters of the play in the postscript?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)