|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The microphone went out.
(b) The lights went out.
(c) They couldn't believe it.
(d) The camera jammed.
2. In the postscript, the author writes that he has portrayed action and not what?
3. What does Claire tell her visitors they are covered in in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Animal hair.
4. Who is speaking at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(c) The Radio Announcer.
(d) The Mayor.
5. What has Ill's son bought in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) College enrollment.
(b) A horse.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ill ask for in his final moments in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. What establishment did Claire send the eunuchs to in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Who enters to speak to Claire in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
5. Where was the Schoolmaster offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Claire's love of power revealed in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How does Act 3, Scene 3 change the tone of the play and the reader's view of the main characters?
3. What is the outcome of the vote in Act 3, Scene 4? How do the townspeople justify it?
4. Why is the vote held twice in the final scene? Why do the reporters leave?
5. What is revealed about the townspeople in the final scene of the play?
6. How has Ill's character undergone a drastic change in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. Who begins to tell the truth to the press in Act 3, Scene 2? Who stops him?
8. What does the mayor tell Ill in Act 3, Scene 2 when offering him the gun?
9. Where does Ill meet Claire in Act 3, Scene 3? Who is she with?
10. What are Ill's final requests before dying?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)