|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 4, the Schoolmaster says, "For what would be the sense of wealth, which created not a wealth of ____?"
2. What is Ill doing upstairs in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. How does the author say the characters speak in the final scene in the postscript?
(a) With determination.
(b) A relaxed fashion.
(c) A formal fashion.
(d) An abstract fashion.
4. What does Claire remark that she hates in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Who does the author compare the character of Claire to in the postscript?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to speak up to the reporters in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. The author states in the postscript that the townspeople must emphatically not be portrayed as what?
3. Where do Claire and Ill meet in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
5. What is Claire's ninth husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire respond to the offer in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Durrenmatt say regarding the setting of the play?
3. Who has arrived in the town in Act 3, Scene 2? What is the townspeople's concern about this?
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, how do the townspeople view Ill?
5. What does Claire reveal to her guests in Act 3, Scene 1 regarding Guellen?
6. What is the outcome of the vote in Act 3, Scene 4? How do the townspeople justify it?
7. What does Ill ask Claire about in Act 3, Scene 3? What is her reply?
8. Who begins to tell the truth to the press in Act 3, Scene 2? Who stops him?
9. What is the author's point in writing the postscript?
10. What takes place in the climax of the play? Where is this scene located?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)