|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What establishment did Claire send the eunuchs to in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Her opium den.
(b) Her brothel.
(c) Her factory.
(d) Her prison.
2. What does Claire offer to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A flower.
(d) An umbrella.
3. In the postscript, the author writes that he has portrayed action and not what?
4. Who owns Konrad's Village Wood?
(b) The Mayor.
(d) The Doctor.
5. What does Claire invite her visitors to sit upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A cask.
(b) A log.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 4, the Schoolmaster says, "For what would be the sense of wealth, which created not a wealth of ____?"
2. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
3. What is Claire wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Where has Claire sent Hoby in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Who does not raise a hand in the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Claire's final words to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Who meets Claire in Act 3, Scene 1? Why?
3. What conclusion has Ill come to in Act 3, Scene 2? Who does he discuss this with in his shop?
4. What does Durrenmatt mean regarding "not imposing excessive meaning" in the postscript?
5. What is revealed about the townspeople in the final scene of the play?
6. What is expressed in the final song of the play?
7. How does Durrenmatt say he relates to the characters of the play in the postscript?
8. What are Ill's final requests before dying?
9. How is Claire's love of power revealed in Act 3, Scene 1?
10. What is absurd about the proposition made to Claire in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)