|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire say may be reintroduced to the town upon meeting the Priest?
(a) The school system.
(b) The death penalty.
(c) The museum.
(d) The hospital.
2. What is Claire's 8th husband's occupation?
(b) Film star.
(c) Oil refiner.
(d) Nobel Prize winner.
3. What nationality is Claire's 8th husband?
4. What/who is shot in front of Ill's shop in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The lion.
(d) The panther.
5. In addition to botany, what did Claire pass in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actual name of Claire's husband when she arrives in town?
2. What does the priest have in Act 2, Scene 2 which startles Ill?
3. Where had Louis Perch emigrated to?
4. Who did the millionairess have do her portrait?
5. To whom was the town museum sold in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the townspeople awaiting in the beginning of the play? Why?
2. In the beginning of Act 2, what does Ill see from his window? What does he do?
3. How does the theme of denial progress in the townspeople through Act 2?
4. How does Act 2, Scene 3 illustrate the theme of denial?
5. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
6. What is the priest's opinion of Ill's problems in Act 2?
7. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. Where is Ill going in Act 2, Scene 3? Who does he meet there?
9. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 in Claire's questioning.
10. Why does Claire go to the Village Wood? What is revealed in her first visit there?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)