|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Louis Perch emigrated to?
2. What is the actual name of Claire's husband when she arrives in town?
3. What is Claire's last name?
4. Ill tells the townspeople he wrote to the Chief Constable where in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Ill note that the townspeople are all owning new?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Priest tell Ill is rising in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is Ill's wife's name?
3. Who says in Act 2, Scene 3, "I don't know what you're trying to do. It's up to you to go. Just get on the train"?
4. Ill used to call Claire "my little" what?
5. What does Claire say may be reintroduced to the town upon meeting the Priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the theme of denial progress in the townspeople through Act 2?
2. Who comes looking for money in Act 1, Scene 1? Who do the townspeople blame for their situation?
3. What is the reaction to Ill's points in Act 2, Scene 3? How do they blockade him?
4. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
5. What strange questions does Claire ask upon her arrival in the town? What are the replies?
6. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 in Claire's questioning.
8. Describe the anonymity of the town in which the play is based. How does this reflect the people of the town?
9. What other strange questions does Claire ask once at her hotel?
10. Why does Claire go to the Village Wood? What is revealed in her first visit there?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)