|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name Claire calls her husband upon her arrival in the town?
2. How much money does Claire give to the train master?
3. What kind of new typewriter has the mayor gotten in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who do the townspeople say invented gunpowder in the town?
(a) Bertold Brahms.
(b) Bertold Schneiderman.
(c) Gustav Windtroft.
(d) Bertold Schwartz.
5. Who buys Cognac in Ill's store?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which The Visit takes place?
2. What color hair did Claire have in her youth?
3. Who did the millionairess have do her portrait?
4. What does the Priest say he is about to perform in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What husband is Claire with when she first arrives in the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the priest's opinion of Ill's problems in Act 2?
2. What does Ill notice about the customer purchases in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What questions and answers take place between Ill and the townspeople in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Where is the second place Ill goes in Act 2, Scene 2? What does he meet there?
6. What other strange questions does Claire ask once at her hotel?
7. Who delivers exposition about the town in the opening scene of the play? What is revealed?
8. What does Ill realize in his conversation with the mayor in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What does Claire ask to tour in the town? What do the townspeople note about her presence?
10. Who, as a whole, are Claire's ex-husbands? How does she feel about them?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)