|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople offer to Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A noose.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) Money to stay.
(d) To take him to the station.
2. Where did the millionairess found a kindergarten?
3. What does the priest have in Act 2, Scene 2 which startles Ill?
(a) A bayonet.
(b) A revolver.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A rifle.
4. What does the Priest say the townspeople are doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Affirming life.
(b) Preparing his coffin.
(c) Enjoying life.
(d) Waiting to kill him.
5. What is Ill's occupation?
(d) Bus driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor inform Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who buys Cognac in Ill's store?
3. Where had Louis Perch emigrated to?
4. Who says in Act 2, Scene 3, "I don't know what you're trying to do. It's up to you to go. Just get on the train"?
5. What are the names of Claire's eunuchs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plea do the visitors make to Claire in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What are Claire's final words to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. How does Act 3, Scene 3 change the tone of the play and the reader's view of the main characters?
4. Who, as a whole, are Claire's ex-husbands? How does she feel about them?
5. How does Claire explain the justification for her offer to the town of Guellen at the end of Act 1?
6. What does Ill ask Claire about in Act 3, Scene 3? What is her reply?
7. What does Ill point out to prove his point in Act 2, Scene 3?
8. Why is the vote held twice in the final scene? Why do the reporters leave?
9. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What does Claire reveal to her guests in Act 3, Scene 1 regarding Guellen?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)