Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to botany, what did Claire pass in school?
2. What is the name of the oil company the millionairess owns?
(a) Getty Oil.
(b) American Oil.
(c) Armenian Oil.
(d) Gulf Oil.
3. What is Ill's son's name?
4. Who did the millionairess have do her portrait?
5. What does the mayor have sitting on his desk in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A sword.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A revolver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Priest ask to button his soutane?
2. Where does Ill go in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What was the year in which the paternity trial took place?
4. What object has Claire brought with her which she has prominently displayed in the hotel?
5. What does the priest have in Act 2, Scene 2 which startles Ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Durrenmatt say he relates to the characters of the play in the postscript?
2. Who meets Claire in Act 3, Scene 1? Why?
3. Where does Ill go in Act 2, Scene 2? What is alarming to him there?
4. Describe the anonymity of the town in which the play is based. How does this reflect the people of the town?
5. What does Ill point out to prove his point in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. What is the outcome of the vote in Act 3, Scene 4? How do the townspeople justify it?
7. Where is the second place Ill goes in Act 2, Scene 2? What does he meet there?
8. Who has arrived in the town in Act 3, Scene 2? What is the townspeople's concern about this?
9. Why does Claire go to the Village Wood? What is revealed in her first visit there?
10. What does Ill ask Claire about in Act 3, Scene 3? What is her reply?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)