|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 3, what music is playing?
(a) A classical dirge.
(b) A funeral march.
(c) A folk song.
(d) A wedding march.
2. What is Ill's wife's name?
3. What is the location where Act 1, Scene 1 begins?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) Petersen's Barn.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The train station.
4. Who do the townspeople say invented gunpowder in the town?
(a) Bertold Schneiderman.
(b) Bertold Schwartz.
(c) Gustav Windtroft.
(d) Bertold Brahms.
5. Who composed a quartet in the town of The Visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople offer to Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What is Claire's 8th husband's occupation?
3. Where does Ill go in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What was Claire's maiden name?
5. How do the townspeople begin buying things in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Ill going in Act 2, Scene 3? Who does he meet there?
2. What is the reaction to Ill's points in Act 2, Scene 3? How do they blockade him?
3. Who comes looking for money in Act 1, Scene 1? Who do the townspeople blame for their situation?
4. What other strange questions does Claire ask once at her hotel?
5. What does Ill point out to prove his point in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. What is the priest's opinion of Ill's problems in Act 2?
7. Who, as a whole, are Claire's ex-husbands? How does she feel about them?
8. How does Act 2, Scene 3 illustrate the theme of denial?
9. What questions and answers take place between Ill and the townspeople in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
10. Where does Ill go in Act 2, Scene 2? What is alarming to him there?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)