|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the location where Act 1, Scene 1 begins?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The train station.
(c) Petersen's Barn.
(d) The hotel.
2. What is the name of the town bailiff in the play?
3. What does Claire say may be reintroduced to the town upon meeting the Priest?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The death penalty.
(c) The museum.
(d) The school system.
4. Who did the millionairess have do her portrait?
5. Where did the millionairess found a kindergarten?
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to botany, what did Claire pass in school?
2. What does Ill accuse the townspeople of doing in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is Ill's son's name?
4. What do the townspeople offer to Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What do the townspeople do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claire go to the Village Wood? What is revealed in her first visit there?
2. Who, as a whole, are Claire's ex-husbands? How does she feel about them?
3. What is the priest's opinion of Ill's problems in Act 2?
4. Where does Ill go in Act 2, Scene 2? What is alarming to him there?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, is the town already set to kill Ill? What is his principle concern?
6. How does the theme of denial progress in the townspeople through Act 2?
7. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What other strange questions does Claire ask once at her hotel?
9. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. How does Act 2, Scene 3 illustrate the theme of denial?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)