|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object has Claire brought with her which she has prominently displayed in the hotel?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A guillotine.
(c) A noose.
(d) A statue.
2. The sedan chair upon which Claire rides was a gift from whom?
(a) The French President.
(b) The British Prime Minister.
(c) The German President.
(d) The American President.
3. What is the actual name of Claire's husband when she arrives in town?
4. What has escaped in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The lion.
(b) The cougar.
(c) The panther.
(d) The madman.
5. Who did the millionairess have do her portrait?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which The Visit takes place?
2. Who does Ill go to talk to at City Hall in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What nationality is Claire's 8th husband?
4. What does Claire smoke?
5. What does Claire say may be reintroduced to the town upon meeting the Priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 in Claire's questioning.
2. What are the townspeople awaiting in the beginning of the play? Why?
3. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What strange questions does Claire ask upon her arrival in the town? What are the replies?
5. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
6. Who comes looking for money in Act 1, Scene 1? Who do the townspeople blame for their situation?
7. Where does Ill go in Act 2, Scene 2? What is alarming to him there?
8. How does Claire explain the justification for her offer to the town of Guellen at the end of Act 1?
9. What is the priest's opinion of Ill's problems in Act 2?
10. Describe the anonymity of the town in which the play is based. How does this reflect the people of the town?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)