|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town bailiff in the play?
2. Where does the Schoolmaster say that one of "those little eunuchs" emigrated to?
3. What are the names of Claire's gum chewing brutes?
(a) Moby and Toby.
(b) Toby and Roby.
(c) Joey and Roby.
(d) Josey and Moby.
4. What is Claire's last name?
5. What do the townspeople do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Kill Ill.
(b) Call for Claire.
(d) Drag Ill away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire smoke?
2. Who was Claire's third husband?
3. What object has Claire brought with her which she has prominently displayed in the hotel?
4. What season is it in Act 2 of The Visit?
5. What does the Priest tell Ill to do when he flings himself on him in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ill come to notice about the appearance of his customers in Act 2, Scene 1? What is their reply?
2. What does Claire ask to tour in the town? What do the townspeople note about her presence?
3. What does Ill realize in his conversation with the mayor in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. How does Claire explain the justification for her offer to the town of Guellen at the end of Act 1?
5. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. In Act 2, Scene 1, is the town already set to kill Ill? What is his principle concern?
7. How does the mayor end his conversation with Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. Who delivers exposition about the town in the opening scene of the play? What is revealed?
9. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. Describe the anonymity of the town in which the play is based. How does this reflect the people of the town?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)