|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the mayor make a toast in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Ill tells the townspeople he wrote to the Chief Constable where in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Where does Ill go in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The train station.
(b) The church.
(c) The shop.
(d) The wood.
4. What do the townspeople tell Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To have an enjoyable trip.
(b) To stay or be killed.
(c) To marry Claire.
(d) To divorce his wife.
5. What object has Claire brought with her which she has prominently displayed in the hotel?
(a) A noose.
(b) A statue.
(c) A guillotine.
(d) A coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was the town museum sold in the play?
2. Where did the millionairess found a kindergarten?
3. Where does Ill tell the townspeople he is going first in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What do the townspeople do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What animal has Claire brought with her to the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the second place Ill goes in Act 2, Scene 2? What does he meet there?
2. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Where is Ill going in Act 2, Scene 3? Who does he meet there?
4. What strange questions does Claire ask upon her arrival in the town? What are the replies?
5. Who, as a whole, are Claire's ex-husbands? How does she feel about them?
6. How does the mayor end his conversation with Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. How does the theme of denial progress in the townspeople through Act 2?
8. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. Who delivers exposition about the town in the opening scene of the play? What is revealed?
10. What other strange questions does Claire ask once at her hotel?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)