|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the town owns a car, according to the Mayor in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The priest.
(c) The doctor.
2. Who do the townspeople remark spent a night in their town in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Ill say the people are hunting him like in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A rabid dog.
(b) A panther.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A wild animal.
4. What husband is Claire with when she first arrives in the town?
5. What is the location where Act 1, Scene 1 begins?
(a) The hotel.
(b) Petersen's Barn.
(c) The train station.
(d) The graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ill's wife's name?
2. What do the townspeople do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. The sign at the train station in Act 2 says, "Visit the Passion Plays in _______."
4. Where had Louis Perch emigrated to?
5. What does the mayor have sitting on his desk in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire explain the justification for her offer to the town of Guellen at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Ill come to notice about the appearance of his customers in Act 2, Scene 1? What is their reply?
3. Who delivers exposition about the town in the opening scene of the play? What is revealed?
4. Where does Ill go in Act 2, Scene 2? What is alarming to him there?
5. Describe the anonymity of the town in which the play is based. How does this reflect the people of the town?
6. Where is the second place Ill goes in Act 2, Scene 2? What does he meet there?
7. What are the townspeople awaiting in the beginning of the play? Why?
8. In Act 2, Scene 1, is the town already set to kill Ill? What is his principle concern?
9. What does Ill point out to prove his point in Act 2, Scene 3?
10. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)