|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys Cognac in Ill's store?
2. What is the actual name of Claire's husband when she arrives in town?
3. The Priest tells Ill, "You are your own ____."
4. Where did the millionairess found a hospital?
5. What does Claire say may be reintroduced to the town upon meeting the Priest?
(a) The museum.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The school system.
(d) The death penalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name Claire calls her husband upon her arrival in the town?
2. What are the names of Claire's eunuchs?
3. What does Claire's husband own?
4. What animal has Claire brought with her to the town?
5. Where had Louis Perch emigrated to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions and answers take place between Ill and the townspeople in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Who has arrived in the town in Act 3, Scene 2? What is the townspeople's concern about this?
3. What are Claire's final words to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. How does Claire explain the justification for her offer to the town of Guellen at the end of Act 1?
5. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. Why does Claire go to the Village Wood? What is revealed in her first visit there?
7. What does Ill thank Claire for in Act 3, Scene 3?
8. What is the outcome of the vote in Act 3, Scene 4? How do the townspeople justify it?
9. Who, as a whole, are Claire's ex-husbands? How does she feel about them?
10. What does Claire reveal to her guests in Act 3, Scene 1 regarding Guellen?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)