|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the town owns a car, according to the Mayor in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The doctor.
(c) The priest.
2. What does Ill say the people are hunting him like in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A rabid dog.
(b) A panther.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A wild animal.
3. Who composed a quartet in the town of The Visit?
4. Who first calls out to Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Policeman.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) Ill's wife.
5. What do the townspeople tell Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To divorce his wife.
(b) To have an enjoyable trip.
(c) To stay or be killed.
(d) To marry Claire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has acquired a television set in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who says in Act 2, Scene 3, "I don't know what you're trying to do. It's up to you to go. Just get on the train"?
3. Of whom does Claire say "They need me, and I need them"?
4. What are the names of Claire's eunuchs?
5. What does Claire say may be reintroduced to the town upon meeting the Priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes looking for money in Act 1, Scene 1? Who do the townspeople blame for their situation?
2. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Ill realize in his conversation with the mayor in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. How does the mayor end his conversation with Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
6. Why does Claire go to the Village Wood? What is revealed in her first visit there?
7. What questions and answers take place between Ill and the townspeople in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
8. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What are the townspeople awaiting in the beginning of the play? Why?
10. What does Ill notice about the customer purchases in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)