|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair did Claire have in her youth?
2. Who does Ill say is a member of the Town Council in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Postmaster.
(c) The Policeman.
(d) The Priest.
3. What are the names of Claire's gum chewing brutes?
(a) Moby and Toby.
(b) Josey and Moby.
(c) Toby and Roby.
(d) Joey and Roby.
4. How much money does Claire give to the train master?
5. What is the name of the town in which The Visit takes place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Priest ask to button his soutane?
2. What/who is shot in front of Ill's shop in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Where did the millionairess found a hospital?
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, who is playing music?
5. Who did the millionairess have do her portrait?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is expressed in the final song of the play?
2. Where does Ill go in Act 2, Scene 2? What is alarming to him there?
3. What are Claire's final words to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. How does Act 2, Scene 3 illustrate the theme of denial?
5. What does Durrenmatt mean regarding "not imposing excessive meaning" in the postscript?
6. What is the author's point in writing the postscript?
7. What does the author suggest the play resembles in the postscript?
8. Who has arrived in the town in Act 3, Scene 2? What is the townspeople's concern about this?
9. What are Ill's final requests before dying?
10. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)