|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor inform Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is going to be killed.
(b) He won't be mayor.
(c) His marriage is null.
(d) He is going to jail.
2. In Act 2, Scene 3, what music is playing?
(a) A wedding march.
(b) A funeral march.
(c) A folk song.
(d) A classical dirge.
3. Where does the Schoolmaster say that one of "those little eunuchs" emigrated to?
4. What is the name of the oil company the millionairess owns?
(a) Armenian Oil.
(b) Getty Oil.
(c) American Oil.
(d) Gulf Oil.
5. Where was Claire's first husband from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ill's son's name?
2. What nationality is Claire's 8th husband?
3. What is the name of the hotel in the town of the play?
4. What do the townspeople do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does the Priest tell Ill is rising in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the child of Ill and Claire die?
2. Why is the vote held twice in the final scene? Why do the reporters leave?
3. What does Claire ask to tour in the town? What do the townspeople note about her presence?
4. In the beginning of Act 2, what does Ill see from his window? What does he do?
5. How does the mayor end his conversation with Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What takes place in the climax of the play? Where is this scene located?
7. What are Claire's final words to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
8. What does Ill ask Claire about in Act 3, Scene 3? What is her reply?
9. What is the outcome of the vote in Act 3, Scene 4? How do the townspeople justify it?
10. What does Durrenmatt say regarding the setting of the play?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)