|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Claire's eunuchs?
(a) Joey and Roby.
(b) Moby and Toby.
(c) Toby and Roby.
(d) Koby and Loby.
2. What is Claire's last name?
3. What is Ill's son's name?
4. Where was Claire's first husband from?
5. What husband is Claire with when she first arrives in the town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which The Visit takes place?
2. What is Ill's first name in the play?
3. Who do the townspeople say invented gunpowder in the town?
4. What kind of new typewriter has the mayor gotten in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Where had Louis Perch emigrated to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ill go in Act 2, Scene 2? What is alarming to him there?
2. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 in Claire's questioning.
3. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What strange questions does Claire ask upon her arrival in the town? What are the replies?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, is the town already set to kill Ill? What is his principle concern?
6. What does Ill say to Claire in his attempts to woo her in the Village Wood? How does she respond?
7. What does Ill notice about the customer purchases in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. In the beginning of Act 2, what does Ill see from his window? What does he do?
9. Who comes looking for money in Act 1, Scene 1? Who do the townspeople blame for their situation?
10. What other strange questions does Claire ask once at her hotel?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)