|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Call for Claire.
(b) Drag Ill away.
(c) Kill Ill.
2. What are the names of Claire's eunuchs?
(a) Joey and Roby.
(b) Koby and Loby.
(c) Moby and Toby.
(d) Toby and Roby.
3. Who did the millionairess have do her portrait?
4. What is the Policeman's name in the play?
5. How do the townspeople begin buying things in Act 2?
(a) With cash.
(b) With gold.
(c) With silver.
(d) On credit.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what language is The Visit translated?
2. How much money does Claire give to the train master?
3. What color hair did Claire have in her youth?
4. What does the priest have in Act 2, Scene 2 which startles Ill?
5. Upon whose arrival are the townspeople awaiting in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the anonymity of the town in which the play is based. How does this reflect the people of the town?
2. Where is the second place Ill goes in Act 2, Scene 2? What does he meet there?
3. What is the priest's opinion of Ill's problems in Act 2?
4. What is the reaction to Ill's points in Act 2, Scene 3? How do they blockade him?
5. What does Ill realize in his conversation with the mayor in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. In the beginning of Act 2, what does Ill see from his window? What does he do?
7. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 in Claire's questioning.
8. How does Act 2, Scene 3 illustrate the theme of denial?
9. In Act 2, Scene 1, is the town already set to kill Ill? What is his principle concern?
10. Who, as a whole, are Claire's ex-husbands? How does she feel about them?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)