|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the town owns a car, according to the Mayor in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The priest.
(c) The doctor.
2. The Priest tells Ill, "You are your own ____."
3. What does the Priest tell Ill to do when he flings himself on him in Act 2, Scene 2?
(d) Kill himself.
4. What does Ill say the people are hunting him like in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A rabid dog.
(c) A panther.
(d) A wild animal.
5. What kind of new typewriter has the mayor gotten in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom does Claire say "They need me, and I need them"?
2. Where does Ill tell the townspeople he is going first in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What was Claire's maiden name?
4. What has escaped in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Ill's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
2. How does the mayor end his conversation with Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who delivers exposition about the town in the opening scene of the play? What is revealed?
4. What does Ill come to notice about the appearance of his customers in Act 2, Scene 1? What is their reply?
5. How does Claire explain the justification for her offer to the town of Guellen at the end of Act 1?
6. What does Ill realize in his conversation with the mayor in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What other strange questions does Claire ask once at her hotel?
8. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What does Ill say to Claire in his attempts to woo her in the Village Wood? How does she respond?
10. What does Ill notice about the customer purchases in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)