|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Claire's first husband from?
2. What does the mayor have sitting on his desk in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A sword.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A revolver.
3. How does Claire drink her whiskey?
(a) As a Manhattan.
(d) On ice.
4. What nationality is Claire's 8th husband?
5. How much money does Claire give to the train master?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Ill note that the townspeople are all owning new?
2. What does Ill accuse the townspeople of doing in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is the location where Act 1, Scene 1 begins?
4. What does Ill do at the end of in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. The Policeman tells Ill that the proposal made by Claire is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes looking for money in Act 1, Scene 1? Who do the townspeople blame for their situation?
2. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. How does Claire explain the justification for her offer to the town of Guellen at the end of Act 1?
5. Where is the second place Ill goes in Act 2, Scene 2? What does he meet there?
6. How does the theme of denial progress in the townspeople through Act 2?
7. Why does Claire go to the Village Wood? What is revealed in her first visit there?
8. What are the townspeople awaiting in the beginning of the play? Why?
9. How does Act 2, Scene 3 illustrate the theme of denial?
10. Where is Ill going in Act 2, Scene 3? Who does he meet there?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)