|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ill say is a member of the Town Council in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Postmaster.
(b) The Policeman.
(c) The Priest.
(d) The Mayor.
2. What is Claire's 8th husband's occupation?
(a) Oil refiner.
(b) Nobel Prize winner.
(d) Film star.
3. To whom was the town museum sold in the play?
4. What object has Claire brought with her which she has prominently displayed in the hotel?
(a) A guillotine.
(b) A statue.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A noose.
5. What do the townspeople tell Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To stay or be killed.
(b) To divorce his wife.
(c) To marry Claire.
(d) To have an enjoyable trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What is the name of the hotel in the town of the play?
3. In Act 2, Scene 3, what music is playing?
4. Who composed a quartet in the town of The Visit?
5. Who has acquired a washing machine in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ill say to Claire in his attempts to woo her in the Village Wood? How does she respond?
2. What does Ill realize in his conversation with the mayor in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
4. Who comes looking for money in Act 1, Scene 1? Who do the townspeople blame for their situation?
5. What questions and answers take place between Ill and the townspeople in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
6. What is the priest's opinion of Ill's problems in Act 2?
7. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. In Act 2, Scene 1, is the town already set to kill Ill? What is his principle concern?
9. Where does Ill go in Act 2, Scene 2? What is alarming to him there?
10. How does the theme of denial progress in the townspeople through Act 2?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)