|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which The Visit takes place?
2. Of whom does Claire say "They need me, and I need them"?
(a) The children.
(b) The Town Hall.
(c) The reporters.
(d) The husbands.
3. What kind of tie is the mayor wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Ill used to call Claire "my little" what?
5. What are the names of Claire's gum chewing brutes?
(a) Toby and Roby.
(b) Moby and Toby.
(c) Josey and Moby.
(d) Joey and Roby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the townspeople begin buying things in Act 2?
2. Who do the townspeople say invented gunpowder in the town?
3. Who says in Act 2, Scene 3, "I don't know what you're trying to do. It's up to you to go. Just get on the train"?
4. Where was Claire's first husband from?
5. Where does Ill tell the townspeople he is going first in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
2. How does Act 2, Scene 3 illustrate the theme of denial?
3. What other strange questions does Claire ask once at her hotel?
4. What is the priest's opinion of Ill's problems in Act 2?
5. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What does Ill realize in his conversation with the mayor in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. How does Claire explain the justification for her offer to the town of Guellen at the end of Act 1?
8. How does the theme of denial progress in the townspeople through Act 2?
9. Who comes looking for money in Act 1, Scene 1? Who do the townspeople blame for their situation?
10. What is the reaction to Ill's points in Act 2, Scene 3? How do they blockade him?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)