|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which The Visit takes place?
2. Where did the millionairess found a hospital?
3. What is the name of the oil company the millionairess owns?
(a) Gulf Oil.
(b) Getty Oil.
(c) American Oil.
(d) Armenian Oil.
4. What animal has Claire brought with her to the town?
(a) An ocelot.
(b) A panther.
(c) A lion.
(d) A cougar.
5. Who first calls out to Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Policeman.
(b) Ill's wife.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sedan chair upon which Claire rides was a gift from whom?
2. How does Claire drink her whiskey?
3. What does Ill do at the end of in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Where did the millionairess found a kindergarten?
5. Of whom does Claire say "They need me, and I need them"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who meets Claire in Act 3, Scene 1? Why?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, is the town already set to kill Ill? What is his principle concern?
3. What does Claire respond to the offer in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
5. What is the priest's opinion of Ill's problems in Act 2?
6. How is Claire's love of power revealed in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. Who comes looking for money in Act 1, Scene 1? Who do the townspeople blame for their situation?
8. How does Act 3, Scene 3 change the tone of the play and the reader's view of the main characters?
9. What are the townspeople awaiting in the beginning of the play? Why?
10. What are Ill's final requests before dying?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)