|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the millionairess found a hospital?
2. Where does Ill go in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The wood.
(b) The shop.
(c) The church.
(d) The train station.
3. Who do the townspeople remark spent a night in their town in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who has acquired a television set in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Stockers.
(b) The Siemethofers.
(c) The Heimbergers.
(d) Ill's family.
5. The sedan chair upon which Claire rides was a gift from whom?
(a) The British Prime Minister.
(b) The American President.
(c) The German President.
(d) The French President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What/who is shot in front of Ill's shop in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What are the names of Claire's eunuchs?
3. What animal has Claire brought with her to the town?
4. To whom was the town museum sold in the play?
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, who is playing music?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who delivers exposition about the town in the opening scene of the play? What is revealed?
2. How does the theme of denial progress in the townspeople through Act 2?
3. Describe the anonymity of the town in which the play is based. How does this reflect the people of the town?
4. Why does Claire go to the Village Wood? What is revealed in her first visit there?
5. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Where is Ill going in Act 2, Scene 3? Who does he meet there?
7. How does the mayor end his conversation with Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
9. How does Claire explain the justification for her offer to the town of Guellen at the end of Act 1?
10. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 in Claire's questioning.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)