|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ill accuse the townspeople of doing in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Bribing him.
(b) Crowding him.
(c) Kidnapping him.
(d) Smothering him.
2. What does the priest have in Act 2, Scene 2 which startles Ill?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A bayonet.
3. Ill tells the townspeople he wrote to the Chief Constable where in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What is the name of the town bailiff in the play?
5. To whom was the town museum sold in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name of the town from The Visit mean in German?
2. What was Claire's maiden name?
3. Who do the townspeople say invented gunpowder in the town?
4. Who has acquired a television set in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who has acquired a washing machine in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
2. Where is the second place Ill goes in Act 2, Scene 2? What does he meet there?
3. In the beginning of Act 2, what does Ill see from his window? What does he do?
4. How does the theme of denial progress in the townspeople through Act 2?
5. What does Ill realize in his conversation with the mayor in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What is the priest's opinion of Ill's problems in Act 2?
7. Who comes looking for money in Act 1, Scene 1? Who do the townspeople blame for their situation?
8. What are the townspeople awaiting in the beginning of the play? Why?
9. What strange questions does Claire ask upon her arrival in the town? What are the replies?
10. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)