|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of new typewriter has the mayor gotten in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Claire smoke?
3. What/who is shot in front of Ill's shop in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The lion.
(b) The panther.
4. What season is it in Act 2 of The Visit?
5. What are the names of Claire's eunuchs?
(a) Moby and Toby.
(b) Joey and Roby.
(c) Toby and Roby.
(d) Koby and Loby.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what language is The Visit translated?
2. The Priest tells Ill, "You are your own ____."
3. Who has acquired a television set in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Ill's son's name?
5. What does the name of the town from The Visit mean in German?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the second place Ill goes in Act 2, Scene 2? What does he meet there?
2. What does Ill realize in his conversation with the mayor in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Describe the anonymity of the town in which the play is based. How does this reflect the people of the town?
5. What is the reaction to Ill's points in Act 2, Scene 3? How do they blockade him?
6. What does Ill say to Claire in his attempts to woo her in the Village Wood? How does she respond?
7. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. Why does Claire go to the Village Wood? What is revealed in her first visit there?
9. In the beginning of Act 2, what does Ill see from his window? What does he do?
10. How does Act 2, Scene 3 illustrate the theme of denial?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)