|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has acquired a television set in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Ill's family.
(b) The Siemethofers.
(c) The Heimbergers.
(d) The Stockers.
2. In Act 2, Scene 3, what music is playing?
(a) A funeral march.
(b) A folk song.
(c) A classical dirge.
(d) A wedding march.
3. What does Ill say the people are hunting him like in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A wild animal.
(b) A rabid dog.
(c) A panther.
(d) A criminal.
4. What is Ill's occupation?
(b) Bus driver.
5. What is Claire's 8th husband's occupation?
(a) Film star.
(b) Oil refiner.
(d) Nobel Prize winner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Priest tell Ill is rising in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What was the year in which the paternity trial took place?
3. Ill used to call Claire "my little" what?
4. What are the names of Claire's gum chewing brutes?
5. What does the Priest tell Ill to do when he flings himself on him in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire explain the justification for her offer to the town of Guellen at the end of Act 1?
2. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
3. What strange questions does Claire ask upon her arrival in the town? What are the replies?
4. Who comes looking for money in Act 1, Scene 1? Who do the townspeople blame for their situation?
5. What is the reaction to Ill's points in Act 2, Scene 3? How do they blockade him?
6. Who, as a whole, are Claire's ex-husbands? How does she feel about them?
7. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What questions and answers take place between Ill and the townspeople in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
9. What does Ill point out to prove his point in Act 2, Scene 3?
10. How does Act 2, Scene 3 illustrate the theme of denial?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)