|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Priest say he is about to perform in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A marriage.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A baptism.
(d) A mass.
2. Where did the millionairess found a hospital?
3. What is Ill's wife's name?
4. What kind of new typewriter has the mayor gotten in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Ill used to call Claire "my little" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ill say is a member of the Town Council in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does the Priest tell Ill is rising in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What husband is Claire with when she first arrives in the town?
4. Of whom does Claire say "They need me, and I need them"?
5. The Priest tells Ill, "You are your own ____."
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where is the second place Ill goes in Act 2, Scene 2? What does he meet there?
3. How does the theme of denial progress in the townspeople through Act 2?
4. How does the mayor end his conversation with Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Ill come to notice about the appearance of his customers in Act 2, Scene 1? What is their reply?
6. Why does Claire go to the Village Wood? What is revealed in her first visit there?
7. What does Ill say to Claire in his attempts to woo her in the Village Wood? How does she respond?
8. What questions and answers take place between Ill and the townspeople in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
9. Where is Ill going in Act 2, Scene 3? Who does he meet there?
10. What does Ill point out to prove his point in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)