|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has acquired a television set in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Ill's family.
(b) The Stockers.
(c) The Siemethofers.
(d) The Heimbergers.
2. Who is the woman who runs half naked across the stage in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who do the townspeople remark spent a night in their town in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Where does Ill tell the townspeople he is going to emigrate to in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What is the name of the town in which The Visit takes place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has escaped in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is the name of the oil company the millionairess owns?
3. Where was Claire's first husband from?
4. Who in the town owns a car, according to the Mayor in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is the name Claire calls her husband upon her arrival in the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ill realize in his conversation with the mayor in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Why does Claire go to the Village Wood? What is revealed in her first visit there?
3. In the beginning of Act 2, what does Ill see from his window? What does he do?
4. What is the reaction to Ill's points in Act 2, Scene 3? How do they blockade him?
5. What strange questions does Claire ask upon her arrival in the town? What are the replies?
6. What about Claire's body is symbolic of her character?
7. What does Ill believe has caused the change in the townspeople in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. Describe the anonymity of the town in which the play is based. How does this reflect the people of the town?
9. In Act 2, Scene 1, is the town already set to kill Ill? What is his principle concern?
10. How does the theme of denial progress in the townspeople through Act 2?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)