|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the location where Act 1, Scene 1 begins?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) Petersen's Barn.
(c) The train station.
(d) The hotel.
2. What is the name Claire calls her husband upon her arrival in the town?
3. Who does Ill say is a member of the Town Council in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The Policeman.
(d) The Postmaster.
4. Who buys Cognac in Ill's store?
5. What is Claire's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has acquired a washing machine in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Along with Louis Perch, who was the other witness who testified in court many years ago?
3. What does the Mayor inform Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Ill do at the end of in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Where does the Schoolmaster say that one of "those little eunuchs" emigrated to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who, as a whole, are Claire's ex-husbands? How does she feel about them?
2. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 in Claire's questioning.
3. Describe the anonymity of the town in which the play is based. How does this reflect the people of the town?
4. Where is the second place Ill goes in Act 2, Scene 2? What does he meet there?
5. How has the mayor's tone changed regarding Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. How does the mayor end his conversation with Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What are the townspeople awaiting in the beginning of the play? Why?
8. Where does Ill go in Act 2, Scene 2? What is alarming to him there?
9. What does Ill point out to prove his point in Act 2, Scene 3?
10. What does Ill come to notice about the appearance of his customers in Act 2, Scene 1? What is their reply?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)