|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The lights went out.
(b) They couldn't believe it.
(c) The camera jammed.
(d) The microphone went out.
2. What is Ill doing upstairs in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. The inscription which descends in Act 3, Scene 4 reads, "Life is Serious, ____ Serene."
4. What does Claire tell her visitors they are covered in in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Animal hair.
5. Where is tea being served to the ladies after the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Golden Apple.
(b) Petermen's Barn.
(c) The City Park.
(d) Ill's shop.
6. What does Claire offer to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A flower.
(d) A cigarette.
7. What does the author claim that Claire does not represent in the play?
(a) The Death Penalty.
(d) The Marshall Plan.
8. What kind of cigarettes does the butcher buy in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Romeo and Juliets.
9. Where does Mrs. Ill tell the reporters her husband is in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What is the principle concern that Claire's visitors come to speak to her about in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) The Library.
(c) The Schools.
11. What was Claire's father's occupation?
12. What is Claire's ninth husband?
(a) A film star.
(b) A Nobel Prize winner.
(c) A musician.
(d) A plastic surgeon.
13. Who tries to speak up to the reporters in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Policeman.
(b) The Mayor.
(d) The Schoolmaster.
14. The author writes in the postscript that Ill's family is not wicked, only what?
15. The author in the postscript says the characters speak as befits what in the final scene?
(a) The absurd.
(b) The ancient.
(c) The guilty.
(d) The rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the postscript, the author writes that he has portrayed action and not what?
2. Who does not raise a hand in the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What is the name of the factory in the town which is mentioned in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What is the Doctor's last name in the play?
5. From what passage of the bible did the Priest make a sermon in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)