|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Ill's shop.
(b) The Golden Apple.
(c) The church.
(d) Town Hall.
2. What does the Schoolmaster claim is the root of much evil in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What does Claire say you have husbands for in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Display purposes.
(c) Useful agendas.
(d) Fur coats.
4. Who tries to speak up to the reporters in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) The Policeman.
(c) The Schoolmaster.
(d) The Mayor.
5. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The camera jammed.
(b) The microphone went out.
(c) The lights went out.
(d) They couldn't believe it.
6. Where was the Schoolmaster offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Stockholm College.
(b) Kalberstadt College.
(c) Humboldt University.
(d) Kaffigen College.
7. In Act 3, Scene 4, the Schoolmaster says, "For what would be the sense of wealth, which created not a wealth of ____?"
8. Who is taking a course in literature in Act 3, Scene 3?
9. What is the name of the factory in the town which is mentioned in Act 3, Scene 1?
10. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The Hospital.
(b) The Church.
(c) Konrad's Village Wood.
(d) Petersen's Barn.
11. What was Claire's father's name in the play?
(a) Godfrey Zisselman.
(b) Hildegen Wascher.
(c) Godfrey Heinman.
(d) Godfrey Wascher.
12. In the postscript, the author writes that "just as any creature is sealed off inside its skin, so the play is sealed off inside ____."
13. In terms of performance, the author writes in the postscript that "all that is art should seem to be _____."
14. What was the name of the child which Claire bore?
15. The author in the postscript says the characters speak as befits what in the final scene?
(a) The ancient.
(b) The guilty.
(c) The rich.
(d) The absurd.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was Claire's shortest marriage?
2. The author claims in the postscript that he has depicted people in the play and not what?
3. Where has Claire sent Hoby in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who has performed guest shows at the town auditorium?
5. Where do Claire and Ill meet in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)