|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ill doing upstairs in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The camera jammed.
(b) They couldn't believe it.
(c) The lights went out.
(d) The microphone went out.
3. What was Claire's father's occupation?
4. What does Claire offer to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A flower.
5. From what passage of the bible did the Priest make a sermon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) First Corinthians, thirteen.
(b) Revelations, nine.
(c) Luther, thirteen.
(d) Matthew, thirteen.
6. Where was the Doctor offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Erlangen University.
(b) Kalberstadt College.
(c) Stockholm College.
(d) Kaffigen College.
7. What was Claire's father's name in the play?
(a) Godfrey Wascher.
(b) Godfrey Zisselman.
(c) Godfrey Heinman.
(d) Hildegen Wascher.
8. The author claims that the events only take their decisive turn during the scene where?
(a) Ill's store.
(b) Petersen's Barn.
(c) The Golden Apple.
(d) Konrad's Wood.
9. What does the author claim must not be overlooked in the character of Claire?
(a) Sense of evil.
(b) Sense of humor.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her beauty.
10. What does Claire say she plans to turn the world into in Act 3?
(a) A cathedral.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) Her destiny.
11. What is Claire wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A tiara.
(b) A wedding gown.
(c) A ball gown.
(d) A black dress.
12. Which character says he's been over-drinking lately in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Schoolmaster.
(d) The Policeman.
13. What did the choir perform in Act 3, Scene 1?
14. How does the author say the characters speak in the final scene in the postscript?
(a) A relaxed fashion.
(b) An abstract fashion.
(c) A formal fashion.
(d) With determination.
15. What does the Schoolmaster claim the town is moved by in Act 3, Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Hoby have?
2. The author states that producers and directors of the play will likely come nearest the mark of its intention if they approach it in the style of what?
3. What does Claire tell her visitors they are covered in in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who does the Schoolmaster say he is an admirer of in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Who does Claire say her ninth husband reminds her of in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)