|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is taking a course in literature in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What does Mrs. Ill call the butcher in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Zussenmoff.
(b) Mr. Hofbauer.
(c) Mr. Zerich.
(d) Mr. Heimlin.
3. Who speaks up with questions when Ill takes the stage at the town meeting in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Priest.
(b) No one.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Schoolmaster.
4. What does Claire remark that she hates in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What does Claire offer to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A flower.
(d) An umbrella.
6. Where does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The church.
(b) The Golden Apple.
(c) Town Hall.
(d) Ill's shop.
7. What does the Schoolmaster claim the town is moved by in Act 3, Scene 4?
8. That author claims in the postscript that "nothing could harm this comedy with a tragic end more than ______."
(a) Heavy seriousness.
(d) The avant-garde.
9. What does the author claim must not be overlooked in the character of Claire?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Sense of humor.
(c) Sense of evil.
(d) Her beauty.
10. Who does the Schoolmaster say he is an admirer of in Act 3, Scene 2?
11. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The lights went out.
(b) The camera jammed.
(c) They couldn't believe it.
(d) The microphone went out.
12. Who is speaking at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(b) The Radio Announcer.
(c) The Mayor.
13. Who enters to speak to Claire in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Priest and the Schoolmaster.
(b) The Doctor and Schoolmaster.
(c) The Priest and the Doctor.
(d) The Mayor and the Doctor.
14. What kind of cigarettes does the butcher buy in Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) Romeo and Juliets.
15. Who took away the child that Claire bore?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) State Agency.
(c) Women's Programme.
(d) The Adoption Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Doctor offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Ill cry out after the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. The inscription which descends in Act 3, Scene 4 reads, "Life is Serious, ____ Serene."
4. What is Mrs. Ill referring to when she says in Act 3, "They're in fashion today"?
5. What was the name of the child which Claire bore?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)