|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the postscript, how does the author say he considers himself in comparison to the characters of the play?
(a) Removed from.
(b) At no great remove.
(c) Filled with judgment.
(d) Owning of.
2. What does Claire order her ninth husband to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Stop thinking.
(b) Think harder.
(c) Go fishing.
(d) Go for a drive.
3. What does Claire call her ninth husband?
4. Who is taking a course in literature in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The Church.
(b) Petersen's Barn.
(c) The Hospital.
(d) Konrad's Village Wood.
6. What does the author claim that Claire does not represent in the play?
(a) The Death Penalty.
(d) The Marshall Plan.
7. What does Claire offer to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A flower.
(d) A suitcase.
8. The inscription which descends in Act 3, Scene 4 reads, "Life is Serious, ____ Serene."
9. Who speaks up with questions when Ill takes the stage at the town meeting in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) No one.
(c) The Priest.
(d) The Schoolmaster.
10. What does Ill cry out after the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(b) "My God!"
(c) "Help me!"
11. What establishment did Claire send the eunuchs to in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Her opium den.
(b) Her brothel.
(c) Her factory.
(d) Her prison.
12. Where has Claire sent Hoby in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Hong Kong.
13. What is the Doctor's last name in the play?
14. Where was the Schoolmaster offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Kaffigen College.
(b) Stockholm College.
(c) Humboldt University.
(d) Kalberstadt College.
15. What was the name of the child which Claire bore?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what passage of the bible did the Priest make a sermon in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who does Claire say will be following after the eunuchs soon in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. The painter gives Mrs. Ill a portrait of whom in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Where is tea being served to the ladies after the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. Who does the author compare the character of Claire to in the postscript?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)