|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what passage of the bible did the Priest make a sermon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Revelations, nine.
(b) Luther, thirteen.
(c) Matthew, thirteen.
(d) First Corinthians, thirteen.
2. What does the Schoolmaster claim the town is moved by in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. Where has Claire sent Hoby in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) Hong Kong.
4. What kind of car does Hoby have?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A Cadillac.
(d) A BMW.
5. Where did Claire have the two eunuchs shipped to in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) St. Martin.
(d) Hong Kong.
6. What kind of cigarettes does the butcher buy in Act 3, Scene 2?
(d) Romeo and Juliets.
7. The Schoolmaster says in his speech to the townspeople in Act 3, Scene 4, "Have we not always been a ____ community?"
8. Where does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Ill's shop.
(b) The church.
(c) The Golden Apple.
(d) Town Hall.
9. What is Claire's ninth husband?
(a) A Nobel Prize winner.
(b) A musician.
(c) A plastic surgeon.
(d) A film star.
10. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The camera jammed.
(b) The lights went out.
(c) They couldn't believe it.
(d) The microphone went out.
11. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Konrad's Village Wood.
(b) Petersen's Barn.
(c) The Hospital.
(d) The Church.
12. What do the reporters want a photograph of Ill selling?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A fur.
(d) An axe.
13. What was the name of the child which Claire bore?
14. What does Claire say you have husbands for in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Useful agendas.
(b) Fur coats.
(c) Display purposes.
15. The author claims in the postscript that he has depicted people in the play and not what?
(b) Cardboard cutouts.
(c) Two-dimensional ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author compare the character of Claire to in the postscript?
2. What does Claire say of Sunshine Square in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Who took away the child that Claire bore?
4. How does the author say the characters speak in the final scene in the postscript?
5. That author claims in the postscript that "nothing could harm this comedy with a tragic end more than ______."
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)