|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire use to examine her guests in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) A lorgnette.
(d) A magnifying glass.
2. Which character says he's been over-drinking lately in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Schoolmaster.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Policeman.
3. The author states in the postscript that the townspeople must emphatically not be portrayed as what?
4. The author claims in the postscript that he has depicted people in the play and not what?
(b) Cardboard cutouts.
(c) Two-dimensional ideas.
5. What does the author state that Ill ultimately receives in the end of the play?
6. In the postscript, the author writes that he has portrayed action and not what?
7. Where was the Doctor offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Stockholm College.
(b) Kaffigen College.
(c) Kalberstadt College.
(d) Erlangen University.
8. Whose performance in the choir does Claire remark upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Schoolmaster's.
(b) The Doctor's.
(c) The Policeman's.
(d) The Mayor's.
9. Who does Claire recall that Ill used to buy cigarettes from in their youth?
(a) Little Susanna.
(b) Little Matilda.
(c) Little Natalia.
(d) Little Loretta.
10. What does the Schoolmaster claim is the root of much evil in Act 3, Scene 4?
11. What does Claire invite her visitors to sit upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A log.
(c) A bench.
(d) A cask.
12. What was Claire's father's name in the play?
(a) Godfrey Wascher.
(b) Godfrey Heinman.
(c) Godfrey Zisselman.
(d) Hildegen Wascher.
13. What does Ill cry out after the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) "Help me!"
(c) "My God!"
14. Who does the author compare the character of Claire to in the postscript?
15. In the postscript, how does the author say he considers himself in comparison to the characters of the play?
(a) Owning of.
(b) Filled with judgment.
(c) At no great remove.
(d) Removed from.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Ill tell the reporters her husband is in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does the author claim must not be overlooked in the character of Claire?
3. Where do Claire and Ill meet in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Who does Claire say her ninth husband reminds her of in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What does Mrs. Ill call the butcher in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)