|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks up with questions when Ill takes the stage at the town meeting in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Priest.
(b) No one.
(c) The Schoolmaster.
(d) The Mayor.
2. Whose performance in the choir does Claire remark upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Doctor's.
(b) The Schoolmaster's.
(c) The Policeman's.
(d) The Mayor's.
3. What does Ill's family leave him to go do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Go visit relatives.
(c) Go for a drive in the country.
(d) See a movie.
4. What has Ill's son bought in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) College enrollment.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A car.
5. Who does the author compare the character of Claire to in the postscript?
6. Who tries to speak up to the reporters in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Schoolmaster.
(b) The Policeman.
(c) The Mayor.
7. The inscription which descends in Act 3, Scene 4 reads, "Life is Serious, ____ Serene."
8. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Konrad's Village Wood.
(b) The Hospital.
(c) The Church.
(d) Petersen's Barn.
9. What does Claire tell her visitors they are covered in in Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) Animal hair.
10. Man One says that every bridesmaid was a what in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A millionairess.
(b) A princess.
(c) Film starlet.
(d) A queen.
11. What kind of cigarettes does the butcher buy in Act 3, Scene 2?
(d) Romeo and Juliets.
12. What is the principle concern that Claire's visitors come to speak to her about in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) The Library.
(d) The Schools.
13. What was Claire's father's occupation?
14. In the postscript, how does the author say he considers himself in comparison to the characters of the play?
(a) Filled with judgment.
(b) Owning of.
(c) At no great remove.
(d) Removed from.
15. What is Claire wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A ball gown.
(b) A tiara.
(c) A wedding gown.
(d) A black dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Schoolmaster says in his speech to the townspeople in Act 3, Scene 4, "Have we not always been a ____ community?"
2. Who owns Konrad's Village Wood?
3. What kind of car does Hoby have?
4. Who does the Schoolmaster compare Claire to in Act 3?
5. The author in the postscript says that under the circumstances of the play he is not sure of what?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)