|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that producers and directors of the play will likely come nearest the mark of its intention if they approach it in the style of what?
(a) Greek tragedy.
(c) Brechtian performance.
(d) Classical Shakespeare.
2. The author in the postscript says that under the circumstances of the play he is not sure of what?
(a) He would have acted differently.
(b) He would have stayed.
(c) He'd have committed suicide.
(d) He wouldn't have left.
3. What is the principle concern that Claire's visitors come to speak to her about in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Library.
(b) The Schools.
4. The author states in the postscript that the townspeople must emphatically not be portrayed as what?
5. What does the Schoolmaster claim the town is "not" moved by in its actions in Act 3, Scene 4?
6. What kind of cigarettes does the butcher buy in Act 3, Scene 2?
(d) Romeo and Juliets.
7. Who does the Schoolmaster compare Claire to in Act 3?
8. What is Ill doing upstairs in Act 3, Scene 2?
9. What does the Doctor say that Ill died of in the end of the play?
(c) Heart attack.
10. Whose performance in the choir does Claire remark upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Mayor's.
(b) The Policeman's.
(c) The Doctor's.
(d) The Schoolmaster's.
11. Who is taking a course in literature in Act 3, Scene 3?
12. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Konrad's Village Wood.
(b) The Hospital.
(c) Petersen's Barn.
(d) The Church.
13. What did the choir perform in Act 3, Scene 1?
14. What is Mrs. Ill referring to when she says in Act 3, "They're in fashion today"?
(a) High heels.
(b) High collars.
(c) Large breasts.
(d) Large hair.
15. What does Ill's family leave him to go do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Go visit relatives.
(b) See a movie.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Go for a drive in the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has performed guest shows at the town auditorium?
2. Where does Mrs. Ill tell the reporters her husband is in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Claire say her marriage to Hoby was?
4. The author claims in the postscript that he has depicted people in the play and not what?
5. What was Claire's father's name in the play?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)