|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire call her ninth husband?
2. Who does Claire recall that Ill used to buy cigarettes from in their youth?
(a) Little Natalia.
(b) Little Matilda.
(c) Little Susanna.
(d) Little Loretta.
3. What does Mrs. Ill call the butcher in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Heimlin.
(b) Mr. Hofbauer.
(c) Mr. Zussenmoff.
(d) Mr. Zerich.
4. What does Claire order her ninth husband to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Think harder.
(b) Go for a drive.
(c) Stop thinking.
(d) Go fishing.
5. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The Church.
(b) The Hospital.
(c) Konrad's Village Wood.
(d) Petersen's Barn.
6. The author claims that the events only take their decisive turn during the scene where?
(a) Petersen's Barn.
(b) Konrad's Wood.
(c) Ill's store.
(d) The Golden Apple.
7. What does Ill ask for in his final moments in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A pipe.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A last meal.
8. Whose performance in the choir does Claire remark upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Policeman's.
(b) The Schoolmaster's.
(c) The Mayor's.
(d) The Doctor's.
9. The author in the postscript says that under the circumstances of the play he is not sure of what?
(a) He'd have committed suicide.
(b) He wouldn't have left.
(c) He would have stayed.
(d) He would have acted differently.
10. What kind of car does Hoby have?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A BMW.
11. What does the author write gives rise to speech in the postscript?
(a) Ideas and feelings.
(b) Thought and action.
(d) Good diction.
12. Who does Ill tell the Priest to pray for in Act 3, Scene 4?
(c) His family.
13. In terms of performance, the author writes in the postscript that "all that is art should seem to be _____."
14. Who is taking a course in literature in Act 3, Scene 3?
15. Who does Claire say her ninth husband reminds her of in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Count Holk.
(b) Count Alexander.
(c) The Duke of Earle.
(d) Count Zisselman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters to speak to Claire in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who does the Schoolmaster compare Claire to in Act 3?
3. What was the name of the child which Claire bore?
4. The author in the postscript says the characters speak as befits what in the final scene?
5. What does Claire tell her visitors they are covered in in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)