|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Claire's father's name in the play?
(a) Hildegen Wascher.
(b) Godfrey Wascher.
(c) Godfrey Zisselman.
(d) Godfrey Heinman.
2. To whom was Claire's shortest marriage?
(a) Lord Ishmael.
(b) Count Holk.
(c) The Duke of Winchester.
(d) The Armenian.
3. Who enters to speak to Claire in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Mayor and the Doctor.
(b) The Priest and the Doctor.
(c) The Doctor and Schoolmaster.
(d) The Priest and the Schoolmaster.
4. What is the Doctor's last name in the play?
5. Who owns Konrad's Village Wood?
(a) The Mayor.
(c) The Doctor.
6. Where does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The Golden Apple.
(b) Town Hall.
(c) The church.
(d) Ill's shop.
7. What does Claire remark that she hates in Act 3, Scene 3?
8. The author states in the postscript that the townspeople must emphatically not be portrayed as what?
9. What does the author claim must not be overlooked in the character of Claire?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Sense of humor.
(c) Sense of evil.
(d) Her intelligence.
10. Which character says he's been over-drinking lately in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Schoolmaster.
(b) The Policeman.
(c) The Mayor.
11. What does Claire order her ninth husband to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Go for a drive.
(b) Think harder.
(c) Stop thinking.
(d) Go fishing.
12. What was the name of the child which Claire bore?
13. What does Claire offer to Ill in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A flower.
14. The painter gives Mrs. Ill a portrait of whom in Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) Ill's daughter.
15. In the postscript, the author writes that he has portrayed action and not what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Doctor say that Ill died of in the end of the play?
2. Who does Claire say will be following after the eunuchs soon in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Who is speaking at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
4. Who does not raise a hand in the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. What does the author write gives rise to speech in the postscript?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)