|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claire's ninth husband?
(a) A film star.
(b) A Nobel Prize winner.
(c) A plastic surgeon.
(d) A musician.
2. Who does Claire say will be following after the eunuchs soon in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The musician.
(d) The butler.
3. In Act 3, Scene 4, the Schoolmaster says, "For what would be the sense of wealth, which created not a wealth of ____?"
4. What was Claire's father's occupation?
5. How much does the painter charge Mrs. Ill for the painting in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) 35 pounds.
(b) 30 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 10 pounds.
6. Where has Claire sent Hoby in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Hong Kong.
7. Who is taking a course in literature in Act 3, Scene 3?
8. Where did Claire have the two eunuchs shipped to in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) St. Martin.
(b) Hong Kong.
9. Who is speaking at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(c) The Radio Announcer.
(d) The Mayor.
10. What does the author state that Ill ultimately receives in the end of the play?
11. In the postscript, how does the author say he considers himself in comparison to the characters of the play?
(a) At no great remove.
(b) Owning of.
(c) Removed from.
(d) Filled with judgment.
12. The painter gives Mrs. Ill a portrait of whom in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Ill's daughter.
13. What has Ill's son bought in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) College enrollment.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A car.
14. In terms of performance, the author writes in the postscript that "all that is art should seem to be _____."
15. In the postscript, the author writes that he has portrayed action and not what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author writes in the postscript that Ill's family is not wicked, only what?
2. Who does Claire say her ninth husband reminds her of in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. Who does the Schoolmaster compare Claire to in Act 3?
5. What does Claire invite her visitors to sit upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)