|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Claire have the two eunuchs shipped to in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Hong Kong.
(d) St. Martin.
2. Who took away the child that Claire bore?
(a) Women's Programme.
(b) The Salvation Army.
(c) State Agency.
(d) The Adoption Center.
3. What does Claire say you have husbands for in Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) Useful agendas.
(c) Display purposes.
(d) Fur coats.
4. What does Claire invite her visitors to sit upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A cask.
(c) A log.
(d) A bench.
5. Who owns Konrad's Village Wood?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Doctor.
6. What does the author write gives rise to speech in the postscript?
(b) Good diction.
(c) Thought and action.
(d) Ideas and feelings.
7. What does the Schoolmaster claim the town is "not" moved by in its actions in Act 3, Scene 4?
8. What was Claire's father's occupation?
9. The inscription which descends in Act 3, Scene 4 reads, "Life is Serious, ____ Serene."
10. What does the author state that Ill ultimately receives in the end of the play?
11. Who does the Schoolmaster compare Claire to in Act 3?
12. What does the author claim that Claire does not represent in the play?
(b) The Marshall Plan.
(d) The Death Penalty.
13. What does the Doctor say that Ill died of in the end of the play?
(c) Heart attack.
14. Where does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Town Hall.
(b) The Golden Apple.
(c) Ill's shop.
(d) The church.
15. What has Ill's son bought in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A car.
(c) College enrollment.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire order her ninth husband to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Who does Claire say her ninth husband reminds her of in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What does Ill ask for in his final moments in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. What kind of car does Hoby have?
5. What does Claire say the world turned her into in Act 3?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)