|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Claire sent Hoby in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) Hong Kong.
2. What was Claire's father's name in the play?
(a) Godfrey Heinman.
(b) Godfrey Wascher.
(c) Hildegen Wascher.
(d) Godfrey Zisselman.
3. In Act 3, Scene 4, the Schoolmaster says, "For what would be the sense of wealth, which created not a wealth of ____?"
4. What does the Schoolmaster claim is the root of much evil in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. The author claims in the postscript that he has depicted people in the play and not what?
(b) Two-dimensional ideas.
(c) Cardboard cutouts.
6. Who does Ill tell the Priest to pray for in Act 3, Scene 4?
(b) His family.
7. What is Claire wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A ball gown.
(b) A tiara.
(c) A wedding gown.
(d) A black dress.
8. Where does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The church.
(b) Town Hall.
(c) Ill's shop.
(d) The Golden Apple.
9. The author in the postscript says that under the circumstances of the play he is not sure of what?
(a) He would have acted differently.
(b) He would have stayed.
(c) He wouldn't have left.
(d) He'd have committed suicide.
10. The Schoolmaster says in his speech to the townspeople in Act 3, Scene 4, "Have we not always been a ____ community?"
11. Who is taking a course in literature in Act 3, Scene 3?
12. Which character says he's been over-drinking lately in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Policeman.
(b) The Schoolmaster.
(c) The Mayor.
13. What was Claire's father's occupation?
14. The inscription which descends in Act 3, Scene 4 reads, "Life is Serious, ____ Serene."
15. What does Mrs. Ill call the butcher in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Zerich.
(b) Mr. Hofbauer.
(c) Mr. Zussenmoff.
(d) Mr. Heimlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author claims that the events only take their decisive turn during the scene where?
2. To whom was Claire's shortest marriage?
3. What does the author state that Ill ultimately receives in the end of the play?
4. Who does not raise a hand in the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. Where does Mrs. Ill tell the reporters her husband is in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)