|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Claire's father's occupation?
2. What is Ill doing upstairs in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What has Ill's son bought in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) A carriage.
(c) College enrollment.
(d) A car.
4. What is Claire wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A ball gown.
(b) A wedding gown.
(c) A black dress.
(d) A tiara.
5. What does Claire say her marriage to Hoby was?
(a) Her shortest.
(b) Her longest.
(c) Her second-shortest.
(d) Her second-longest.
6. In the postscript, how does the author say he considers himself in comparison to the characters of the play?
(a) Owning of.
(b) At no great remove.
(c) Removed from.
(d) Filled with judgment.
7. Who does not raise a hand in the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Ill's wife.
(d) The Schoolmaster.
8. Who tries to speak up to the reporters in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Policeman.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The Schoolmaster.
9. What does Mrs. Ill call the butcher in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Zussenmoff.
(b) Mr. Zerich.
(c) Mr. Hofbauer.
(d) Mr. Heimlin.
10. What was Claire's father's name in the play?
(a) Godfrey Zisselman.
(b) Godfrey Wascher.
(c) Godfrey Heinman.
(d) Hildegen Wascher.
11. Which character says he's been over-drinking lately in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Schoolmaster.
(b) The Mayor.
(d) The Policeman.
12. Where was the Doctor offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Stockholm College.
(b) Erlangen University.
(c) Kalberstadt College.
(d) Kaffigen College.
13. What kind of cigarettes does the butcher buy in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Romeo and Juliets.
14. What does Claire order her ninth husband to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Stop thinking.
(c) Go for a drive.
(d) Think harder.
15. The author states in the postscript that the townspeople must emphatically not be portrayed as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Schoolmaster claim the town is "not" moved by in its actions in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. The inscription which descends in Act 3, Scene 4 reads, "Life is Serious, ____ Serene."
3. What does Claire remark that she hates in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Where does Mrs. Ill tell the reporters her husband is in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Who does Claire recall that Ill used to buy cigarettes from in their youth?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)