|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author claims in the postscript that he has depicted people in the play and not what?
(a) Two-dimensional ideas.
(d) Cardboard cutouts.
2. Where has Claire sent Hoby in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Hong Kong.
3. What does Claire invite her visitors to sit upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A bench.
(c) A cask.
(d) A log.
4. What kind of cigarettes does the butcher buy in Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) Romeo and Juliets.
5. Who does Ill tell the Priest to pray for in Act 3, Scene 4?
(b) His family.
6. In the postscript, the author writes that "just as any creature is sealed off inside its skin, so the play is sealed off inside ____."
7. What does Ill ask for in his final moments in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A cigarette.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A last meal.
8. What does Claire use to examine her guests in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A lorgnette.
9. Who has performed guest shows at the town auditorium?
(a) The Kalberstadt Repertory Players.
(b) The French Repertory Theatre.
(c) The Kaffigen Repertory Players.
(d) The Oneida Repertory Players.
10. The author states that producers and directors of the play will likely come nearest the mark of its intention if they approach it in the style of what?
(a) Brechtian performance.
(b) Classical Shakespeare.
(d) Greek tragedy.
11. What does the Doctor say that Ill died of in the end of the play?
(a) Heart attack.
12. In terms of performance, the author writes in the postscript that "all that is art should seem to be _____."
13. What does Claire call her ninth husband?
14. How does the author say the characters speak in the final scene in the postscript?
(a) A relaxed fashion.
(b) With determination.
(c) An abstract fashion.
(d) A formal fashion.
15. What is the name of Ill's daughter in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Hoby have?
2. The inscription which descends in Act 3, Scene 4 reads, "Life is Serious, ____ Serene."
3. What does Mrs. Ill call the butcher in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Who owns Konrad's Village Wood?
5. Who is taking a course in literature in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)