|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author state that Ill ultimately receives in the end of the play?
2. What is the name of the factory in the town which is mentioned in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is Mrs. Ill referring to when she says in Act 3, "They're in fashion today"?
(a) High collars.
(b) Large breasts.
(c) Large hair.
(d) High heels.
4. What is Ill doing upstairs in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What does the Schoolmaster claim is the root of much evil in Act 3, Scene 4?
6. Who owns Konrad's Village Wood?
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Doctor.
7. What does Claire say she plans to turn the world into in Act 3?
(a) A cathedral.
(b) A brothel.
(c) Her destiny.
(d) A graveyard.
8. The author in the postscript says that under the circumstances of the play he is not sure of what?
(a) He would have acted differently.
(b) He would have stayed.
(c) He'd have committed suicide.
(d) He wouldn't have left.
9. Where do Claire and Ill meet in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Petersen's Barn.
(b) The Golden Apple.
(c) Konrad's Village Wood.
(d) Ill's store.
10. What does the Doctor say that Ill died of in the end of the play?
(c) Heart attack.
11. Where was the Schoolmaster offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Stockholm College.
(b) Kalberstadt College.
(c) Kaffigen College.
(d) Humboldt University.
12. Who does the Schoolmaster compare Claire to in Act 3?
13. The author writes in the postscript that Ill's family is not wicked, only what?
14. What does Ill ask for in his final moments in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A pipe.
(d) A last meal.
15. What does Claire call her ninth husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not raise a hand in the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. What does Claire tell her visitors they are covered in in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What do the reporters want a photograph of Ill selling?
4. Where has Claire sent Hoby in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. The painter gives Mrs. Ill a portrait of whom in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)