|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire order her ninth husband to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Stop thinking.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Go for a drive.
(d) Think harder.
2. What does the Schoolmaster claim is the root of much evil in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What did the choir perform in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What is the name of the factory in the town which is mentioned in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Claire say you have husbands for in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Fur coats.
(c) Display purposes.
(d) Useful agendas.
6. The author claims that the events only take their decisive turn during the scene where?
(a) Konrad's Wood.
(b) Ill's store.
(c) The Golden Apple.
(d) Petersen's Barn.
7. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) They couldn't believe it.
(b) The lights went out.
(c) The camera jammed.
(d) The microphone went out.
8. What does the author write gives rise to speech in the postscript?
(a) Thought and action.
(b) Ideas and feelings.
(d) Good diction.
9. Who is speaking at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Radio Announcer.
10. Where was the Schoolmaster offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Kalberstadt College.
(b) Kaffigen College.
(c) Humboldt University.
(d) Stockholm College.
11. What does the Schoolmaster claim the town is moved by in Act 3, Scene 4?
12. Who does the Schoolmaster compare Claire to in Act 3?
13. What is Mrs. Ill referring to when she says in Act 3, "They're in fashion today"?
(a) Large breasts.
(b) High heels.
(c) High collars.
(d) Large hair.
14. To whom was Claire's shortest marriage?
(a) The Armenian.
(b) Count Holk.
(c) Lord Ishmael.
(d) The Duke of Winchester.
15. The painter gives Mrs. Ill a portrait of whom in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Ill's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is tea being served to the ladies after the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. The author claims in the postscript that he has depicted people in the play and not what?
3. Who does the Schoolmaster say he is an admirer of in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Claire say she plans to turn the world into in Act 3?
5. Man One says that every bridesmaid was a what in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)