|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire say she plans to turn the world into in Act 3?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) Her destiny.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A cathedral.
2. The author states that producers and directors of the play will likely come nearest the mark of its intention if they approach it in the style of what?
(a) Greek tragedy.
(c) Brechtian performance.
(d) Classical Shakespeare.
3. Where was the Doctor offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Erlangen University.
(b) Kaffigen College.
(c) Kalberstadt College.
(d) Stockholm College.
4. From what passage of the bible did the Priest make a sermon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Revelations, nine.
(b) Matthew, thirteen.
(c) Luther, thirteen.
(d) First Corinthians, thirteen.
5. Who tries to speak up to the reporters in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Schoolmaster.
(b) The Policeman.
(c) The Mayor.
6. The Schoolmaster says in his speech to the townspeople in Act 3, Scene 4, "Have we not always been a ____ community?"
7. Where does Mrs. Ill tell the reporters her husband is in Act 3, Scene 2?
8. What is Claire wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A black dress.
(b) A ball gown.
(c) A tiara.
(d) A wedding gown.
9. What does Claire remark that she hates in Act 3, Scene 3?
10. The author claims that the events only take their decisive turn during the scene where?
(a) Petersen's Barn.
(b) The Golden Apple.
(c) Konrad's Wood.
(d) Ill's store.
11. Where does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Ill's shop.
(b) The Golden Apple.
(c) Town Hall.
(d) The church.
12. Where was the Schoolmaster offered a job in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Kaffigen College.
(b) Kalberstadt College.
(c) Stockholm College.
(d) Humboldt University.
13. Man One says that every bridesmaid was a what in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Film starlet.
(b) A millionairess.
(c) A queen.
(d) A princess.
14. Who does Claire recall that Ill used to buy cigarettes from in their youth?
(a) Little Susanna.
(b) Little Natalia.
(c) Little Loretta.
(d) Little Matilda.
15. What was Claire's father's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author claim must not be overlooked in the character of Claire?
2. What does Claire invite her visitors to sit upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is the principle concern that Claire's visitors come to speak to her about in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who owns Konrad's Village Wood?
5. What is the name of the factory in the town which is mentioned in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)