|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ill's family leave him to go do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Go visit relatives.
(c) See a movie.
(d) Go for a drive in the country.
2. What does Claire say she plans to turn the world into in Act 3?
(a) Her destiny.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A cathedral.
3. In terms of performance, the author writes in the postscript that "all that is art should seem to be _____."
4. What has Ill's son bought in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) A carriage.
(c) College enrollment.
(d) A car.
5. Who is speaking at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Mayor.
(c) The Radio Announcer.
6. Where does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The church.
(b) The Golden Apple.
(c) Ill's shop.
(d) Town Hall.
7. What does Claire say you have husbands for in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Display purposes.
(b) Useful agendas.
(d) Fur coats.
8. What does the author write gives rise to speech in the postscript?
(a) Ideas and feelings.
(b) Good diction.
(d) Thought and action.
9. What is Claire wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A black dress.
(b) A wedding gown.
(c) A tiara.
(d) A ball gown.
10. What does Claire remark that she hates in Act 3, Scene 3?
11. What does Ill cry out after the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) "Help me!"
(c) "My God!"
12. What does Ill ask for in his final moments in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A last meal.
(b) A cigarette.
(d) A pipe.
13. What does Claire order her ninth husband to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Think harder.
(b) Go for a drive.
(c) Stop thinking.
(d) Go fishing.
14. What does Claire say her marriage to Hoby was?
(a) Her second-longest.
(b) Her longest.
(c) Her second-shortest.
(d) Her shortest.
15. Who tries to speak up to the reporters in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) The Schoolmaster.
(c) The Policeman.
(d) The Mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Schoolmaster claim the town is moved by in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. What is the Doctor's last name in the play?
3. Why does the reporter ask the Mayor to redo the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. Who took away the child that Claire bore?
5. What is the name of Ill's daughter in the play?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)