|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is tea being served to the ladies after the vote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The City Park.
(b) Petermen's Barn.
(c) Ill's shop.
(d) The Golden Apple.
2. What does Claire say of Sunshine Square in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She is renovating it.
(b) She owns it.
(c) She is going to buy it.
(d) She burned it down.
3. Man One says that every bridesmaid was a what in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Film starlet.
(b) A queen.
(c) A millionairess.
(d) A princess.
4. What does the Schoolmaster claim the town is moved by in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. What does the author claim must not be overlooked in the character of Claire?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Sense of humor.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Sense of evil.
6. The author in the postscript says the characters speak as befits what in the final scene?
(a) The rich.
(b) The absurd.
(c) The guilty.
(d) The ancient.
7. Who does the Schoolmaster say he is an admirer of in Act 3, Scene 2?
8. What is Ill doing upstairs in Act 3, Scene 2?
9. What is Claire's ninth husband?
(a) A musician.
(b) A plastic surgeon.
(c) A film star.
(d) A Nobel Prize winner.
10. What does the Doctor say that Ill died of in the end of the play?
(a) Heart attack.
11. What does Claire remark that she hates in Act 3, Scene 3?
12. The author states in the postscript that the townspeople must emphatically not be portrayed as what?
13. Who is speaking at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Mayor.
(c) The Radio Announcer.
14. What does Claire say her marriage to Hoby was?
(a) Her longest.
(b) Her second-longest.
(c) Her second-shortest.
(d) Her shortest.
15. What is the Doctor's last name in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire tell her visitors they are covered in in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who is taking a course in literature in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What does Claire say you have husbands for in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What is Claire wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. The inscription which descends in Act 3, Scene 4 reads, "Life is Serious, ____ Serene."
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)