|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Call for Claire.
(b) Drag Ill away.
(c) Kill Ill.
2. What does the name of the town from The Visit mean in German?
3. Where does Ill tell the townspeople he is going to emigrate to in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. The sign at the train station in Act 2 says, "Visit the Passion Plays in _______."
5. What is the actual name of Claire's husband when she arrives in town?
6. Ill tells the townspeople he wrote to the Chief Constable where in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. What does the Priest tell Ill is rising in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The spectre of his soul.
(b) The spectre of his guilt.
(c) The realization of his crimes.
(d) The suffering of mankind.
8. What kind of new typewriter has the mayor gotten in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. How much money does Claire give to the train master?
10. Of whom does Claire say "They need me, and I need them"?
(a) The children.
(b) The reporters.
(c) The Town Hall.
(d) The husbands.
11. Where does Ill go in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The shop.
(b) The train station.
(c) The wood.
(d) The church.
12. Who did the millionairess have do her portrait?
13. Who does the Priest ask to button his soutane?
14. What does Claire say may be reintroduced to the town upon meeting the Priest?
(a) The school system.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The museum.
(d) The death penalty.
15. Who does Ill go to talk to at City Hall in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Jury.
(b) The Judge.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ill's first name in the play?
2. Who says in Act 2, Scene 3, "I don't know what you're trying to do. It's up to you to go. Just get on the train"?
3. What is the name of the town bailiff in the play?
4. What does the Priest say he is about to perform in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who composed a quartet in the town of The Visit?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)