|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople tell Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To marry Claire.
(b) To stay or be killed.
(c) To have an enjoyable trip.
(d) To divorce his wife.
2. What color hair did Claire have in her youth?
3. Of whom does Claire say "They need me, and I need them"?
(a) The husbands.
(b) The children.
(c) The reporters.
(d) The Town Hall.
4. What does Ill say the people are hunting him like in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A wild animal.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A panther.
(d) A rabid dog.
5. What does the Priest tell Ill is rising in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The spectre of his soul.
(b) The suffering of mankind.
(c) The realization of his crimes.
(d) The spectre of his guilt.
6. What kind of tie is the mayor wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What does the Mayor inform Ill in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is going to jail.
(b) His marriage is null.
(c) He won't be mayor.
(d) He is going to be killed.
8. What is Claire's 8th husband's occupation?
(a) Nobel Prize winner.
(c) Oil refiner.
(d) Film star.
9. How does Claire drink her whiskey?
(b) On ice.
(d) As a Manhattan.
10. Where does the Schoolmaster say that one of "those little eunuchs" emigrated to?
11. What do the townspeople offer to Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) To take him to the station.
(c) Money to stay.
(d) A noose.
12. What is Ill's son's name?
13. From what language is The Visit translated?
14. What is the location where Act 1, Scene 1 begins?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) Petersen's Barn.
(d) The train station.
15. What was Claire's maiden name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Claire's eunuchs?
2. What does the Priest say the townspeople are doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Where did the millionairess found a kindergarten?
4. What does the Priest tell Ill to do when he flings himself on him in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Where had Louis Perch emigrated to?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)