|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claire's last name?
2. What do the townspeople do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) Kill Ill.
(c) Call for Claire.
(d) Drag Ill away.
3. How old is Ill in The Visit?
4. What has escaped in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The madman.
(b) The panther.
(c) The lion.
(d) The cougar.
5. What does the Priest tell Ill is rising in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The spectre of his soul.
(b) The suffering of mankind.
(c) The realization of his crimes.
(d) The spectre of his guilt.
6. Who composed a quartet in the town of The Visit?
7. Who do the townspeople say invented gunpowder in the town?
(a) Bertold Schneiderman.
(b) Gustav Windtroft.
(c) Bertold Schwartz.
(d) Bertold Brahms.
8. The Priest tells Ill, "You are your own ____."
9. What kind of tie is the mayor wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What does the Priest say the townspeople are doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Enjoying life.
(b) Preparing his coffin.
(c) Affirming life.
(d) Waiting to kill him.
11. In Act 2, Scene 3, who is playing music?
12. How does Claire drink her whiskey?
(b) On ice.
(d) As a Manhattan.
13. What do the townspeople offer to Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A noose.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) To take him to the station.
(d) Money to stay.
14. Where does Ill tell the townspeople he is going to emigrate to in Act 2, Scene 3?
15. What does the Priest tell Ill to do when he flings himself on him in Act 2, Scene 2?
(d) Kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to botany, what did Claire pass in school?
2. Where does the Schoolmaster say that one of "those little eunuchs" emigrated to?
3. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Ill note that the townspeople are all owning new?
4. What is Claire's 8th husband's occupation?
5. What nationality is Claire's 8th husband?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)