|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair did Claire have in her youth?
2. What is Claire's 8th husband's occupation?
(a) Film star.
(b) Nobel Prize winner.
(c) Oil refiner.
3. What/who is shot in front of Ill's shop in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The lion.
(b) The panther.
4. To whom was the town museum sold in the play?
5. What is the name of the town bailiff in the play?
6. Who has acquired a television set in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Stockers.
(b) Ill's family.
(c) The Heimbergers.
(d) The Siemethofers.
7. What does the mayor have sitting on his desk in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A sword.
(d) A revolver.
8. What object has Claire brought with her which she has prominently displayed in the hotel?
(a) A statue.
(b) A guillotine.
(c) A noose.
(d) A coffin.
9. What is the name of the hotel in the town of the play?
(a) The Goerthe Hotel.
(b) The Golden Tree.
(c) The Quartz Inn.
(d) The Golden Apple.
10. What has escaped in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The lion.
(b) The madman.
(c) The panther.
(d) The cougar.
11. What was Claire's maiden name?
12. What do the townspeople tell Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To divorce his wife.
(b) To have an enjoyable trip.
(c) To marry Claire.
(d) To stay or be killed.
13. What does Claire's husband own?
(a) Tobacco plantations.
(c) Oil refineries.
(d) Car factories.
14. What is the name Claire calls her husband upon her arrival in the town?
15. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Ill note that the townspeople are all owning new?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ill say the people are hunting him like in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. The sedan chair upon which Claire rides was a gift from whom?
3. Ill used to call Claire "my little" what?
4. Who do the townspeople say invented gunpowder in the town?
5. What does the Priest say he is about to perform in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)