|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Drag Ill away.
(b) Call for Claire.
(d) Kill Ill.
2. What is Ill's occupation?
(d) Bus driver.
3. Where had Louis Perch emigrated to?
4. What does the Priest tell Ill is rising in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The spectre of his guilt.
(b) The realization of his crimes.
(c) The suffering of mankind.
(d) The spectre of his soul.
5. What object has Claire brought with her which she has prominently displayed in the hotel?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A statue.
(c) A guillotine.
(d) A noose.
6. Who did the millionairess have do her portrait?
7. Who was Claire's third husband?
(a) Duke of Winchester.
(b) Count Holk.
(c) King Ferdinand.
(d) Count Zachman.
8. What kind of tie is the mayor wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What does Claire's husband own?
(a) Tobacco plantations.
(c) Oil refineries.
(d) Car factories.
10. What does the mayor have sitting on his desk in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A sword.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A shotgun.
11. Who says in Act 2, Scene 3, "I don't know what you're trying to do. It's up to you to go. Just get on the train"?
(a) Ill's wife.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The Priest.
(d) The Policeman.
12. What is the actual name of Claire's husband when she arrives in town?
13. Who does the Priest ask to button his soutane?
14. Where did the millionairess found a kindergarten?
15. What does Claire smoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ill's first name in the play?
2. What is Claire's last name?
3. What does Claire say may be reintroduced to the town upon meeting the Priest?
4. What is the name Claire calls her husband upon her arrival in the town?
5. What husband is Claire with when she first arrives in the town?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)