|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the location where Act 1, Scene 1 begins?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The train station.
(c) Petersen's Barn.
(d) The graveyard.
2. The sedan chair upon which Claire rides was a gift from whom?
(a) The British Prime Minister.
(b) The American President.
(c) The German President.
(d) The French President.
3. What is the name Claire calls her husband upon her arrival in the town?
4. What is Ill's wife's name?
5. What has escaped in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The panther.
(b) The madman.
(c) The lion.
(d) The cougar.
6. What does the name of the town from The Visit mean in German?
7. Where does the Schoolmaster say that one of "those little eunuchs" emigrated to?
8. What is the actual name of Claire's husband when she arrives in town?
9. What do the townspeople offer to Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To take him to the station.
(b) A noose.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) Money to stay.
10. Where did the millionairess found a hospital?
11. What does Claire's husband own?
(a) Oil refineries.
(b) Car factories.
(d) Tobacco plantations.
12. Who has acquired a television set in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Stockers.
(b) Ill's family.
(c) The Heimbergers.
(d) The Siemethofers.
13. What does the mayor have sitting on his desk in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A sword.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A shotgun.
14. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Ill note that the townspeople are all owning new?
15. What kind of tie is the mayor wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ill's first name in the play?
2. What animal has Claire brought with her to the town?
3. What/who is shot in front of Ill's shop in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who buys Cognac in Ill's store?
5. To whom was the town museum sold in the play?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)