|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which The Visit takes place?
2. What season is it in Act 2 of The Visit?
3. Who is the woman who runs half naked across the stage in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is the Policeman's name in the play?
5. In addition to botany, what did Claire pass in school?
6. Where did the millionairess found a hospital?
7. How does Claire drink her whiskey?
(a) As a Manhattan.
(d) On ice.
8. Where does Ill go in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The train station.
(b) The wood.
(c) The shop.
(d) The church.
9. What does the Priest say he is about to perform in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A baptism.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A marriage.
(d) A mass.
10. Upon whose arrival are the townspeople awaiting in Act 1, Scene 1?
11. What does the Priest say the townspeople are doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Preparing his coffin.
(b) Enjoying life.
(c) Affirming life.
(d) Waiting to kill him.
12. Who has acquired a washing machine in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Heimbergers.
(b) The Police Headquarters.
(c) Ill's family.
(d) The Siemethofers.
13. What does Ill say the people are hunting him like in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A rabid dog.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A panther.
(d) A wild animal.
14. What does the priest have in Act 2, Scene 2 which startles Ill?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A revolver.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A bayonet.
15. From what language is The Visit translated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town bailiff in the play?
2. What do the townspeople do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. How do the townspeople begin buying things in Act 2?
4. What does Claire say may be reintroduced to the town upon meeting the Priest?
5. Where does Ill tell the townspeople he is going first in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)