|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of new typewriter has the mayor gotten in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does the Priest say the townspeople are doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Enjoying life.
(b) Affirming life.
(c) Waiting to kill him.
(d) Preparing his coffin.
3. What husband is Claire with when she first arrives in the town?
4. Who buys Cognac in Ill's store?
5. What does the priest have in Act 2, Scene 2 which startles Ill?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A bayonet.
6. What is Ill's son's name?
7. Where does Ill go in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The church.
(b) The wood.
(c) The shop.
(d) The train station.
8. What do the townspeople tell Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To stay or be killed.
(b) To divorce his wife.
(c) To have an enjoyable trip.
(d) To marry Claire.
9. What is Ill carrying in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A notebook.
10. What kind of tie is the mayor wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
11. Where did the millionairess found a kindergarten?
12. What does the mayor have sitting on his desk in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A sword.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A shotgun.
13. Where was Claire's first husband from?
14. What does Claire's husband own?
(a) Car factories.
(b) Tobacco plantations.
(c) Oil refineries.
15. What animal has Claire brought with her to the town?
(a) An ocelot.
(b) A lion.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A panther.
Short Answer Questions
1. What/who is shot in front of Ill's shop in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who first calls out to Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. From what language is The Visit translated?
4. What is the name of the town bailiff in the play?
5. Who in the town owns a car, according to the Mayor in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)