|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon whose arrival are the townspeople awaiting in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Where does the Schoolmaster say that one of "those little eunuchs" emigrated to?
3. How does Claire drink her whiskey?
(b) On ice.
(c) As a Manhattan.
4. Who was Claire's third husband?
(a) King Ferdinand.
(b) Count Holk.
(c) Duke of Winchester.
(d) Count Zachman.
5. What are the names of Claire's gum chewing brutes?
(a) Toby and Roby.
(b) Moby and Toby.
(c) Josey and Moby.
(d) Joey and Roby.
6. What does the priest have in Act 2, Scene 2 which startles Ill?
(a) A revolver.
(b) A bayonet.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A dagger.
7. What does Claire smoke?
8. To whom was the town museum sold in the play?
9. What is the location where Act 1, Scene 1 begins?
(a) Petersen's Barn.
(b) The train station.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The graveyard.
10. The Priest tells Ill, "You are your own ____."
11. The sedan chair upon which Claire rides was a gift from whom?
(a) The British Prime Minister.
(b) The German President.
(c) The French President.
(d) The American President.
12. What/who is shot in front of Ill's shop in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The panther.
(c) The lion.
13. What does Claire say may be reintroduced to the town upon meeting the Priest?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The school system.
(c) The death penalty.
(d) The museum.
14. What does the Priest tell Ill is rising in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The spectre of his soul.
(b) The realization of his crimes.
(c) The suffering of mankind.
(d) The spectre of his guilt.
15. What is Claire's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Policeman tells Ill that the proposal made by Claire is what?
2. What is Ill's son's name?
3. What is the name of the town bailiff in the play?
4. What has escaped in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who does Ill say is a member of the Town Council in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)