|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the townspeople begin buying things in Act 2?
(a) With cash.
(b) On credit.
(c) With silver.
(d) With gold.
2. How does Claire drink her whiskey?
(c) As a Manhattan.
(d) On ice.
3. The Priest tells Ill, "You are your own ____."
4. Who first calls out to Ill in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) Ill's wife.
(c) The Priest.
(d) The Policeman.
5. What does Ill accuse the townspeople of doing in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Bribing him.
(b) Kidnapping him.
(c) Crowding him.
(d) Smothering him.
6. The sedan chair upon which Claire rides was a gift from whom?
(a) The American President.
(b) The British Prime Minister.
(c) The French President.
(d) The German President.
7. What is Claire's 8th husband's occupation?
(b) Nobel Prize winner.
(c) Film star.
(d) Oil refiner.
8. To whom was the town museum sold in the play?
9. What is the name of the town in which The Visit takes place?
10. In Act 2, Scene 3, who is playing music?
11. What husband is Claire with when she first arrives in the town?
12. Where was Claire's first husband from?
13. What does the Priest tell Ill to do when he flings himself on him in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Kill himself.
14. Who has acquired a television set in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Stockers.
(b) Ill's family.
(c) The Heimbergers.
(d) The Siemethofers.
15. What/who is shot in front of Ill's shop in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The panther.
(c) The lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sign at the train station in Act 2 says, "Visit the Passion Plays in _______."
2. Of whom does Claire say "They need me, and I need them"?
3. Where does Ill go in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Who do the townspeople remark spent a night in their town in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where was Claire in a plane crash?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)