|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(a) Louis XVII.
(c) Louis XIV.
2. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Korean Conflict.
3. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
4. What does Rand blame on the notion that causes men to feel inferior?
5. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
2. Finish the quotation: "Individual rights are the means of subordinating ________ to moral law."
3. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
4. What is "an institution that holds exclusive power to enforce certain rules for social conduct in a given geographical area?"
5. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)