|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
2. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
3. According to Rand, a nation has only the right to __________ of its individual citizens.
(a) Revoke the rights.
(b) Protect the rights.
(c) Create the rights.
(d) Decide the rights.
4. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(d) Something to be considered.
5. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
2. What is the extreme example Rand uses to illustrate what can go wrong in a society that doesn't uphold the rights of the individual?
3. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
4. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
5. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rand define rights in her essay, "Man's Rights?"
2. Does Ayn Rand believe that a society must devise a moral code? How should a society decide upon a moral code?
3. What are Ayn Rand's views on mandatory taxation?
4. According to Rand, do humans need government? How does Ayn Rand define government?
5. How does Ayn Rand describe "Socialism" in her essay, "The Monument Builders?"
6. Explain the notion of "collectivized ethics" as mentioned in Ayn Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics."
7. What does Rand consider to be the source of rights and how does she describe the origin?
8. How must an individual justify his/her action, as stated by Nathaniel Branden in his essay, "Counterfeit Individualism?"
9. Explain the idea of "Collectivized Rights" as Rand describes.
10. Explain why Ayn Rand is against collectivized ethics.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)