|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
2. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
3. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
(a) Roman Empire.
(b) Ancient Greece.
(c) Ottoman Empire.
(d) Ancient Egypt.
4. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
5. What is "the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
2. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
3. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
4. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
5. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Ayn Rand's views on mandatory taxation?
2. According to Ayn Rand, what are the benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
3. What type of projects does the principle of "collectivized ethics" support, and by which means are those tasks carried out? Explain.
4. Does Ayn Rand believe that a society must devise a moral code? How should a society decide upon a moral code?
5. How do people falsely define Individualism, as stated by Nathaniel Branden?
6. How must an individual justify his/her action, as stated by Nathaniel Branden in his essay, "Counterfeit Individualism?"
7. Explain the notion of "collectivized ethics" as mentioned in Ayn Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics."
8. What is the definition of "power lust" as defined by Ayn Rand in her essay, "The Monument Builders?" Explain.
9. How does Louis XIV fit into Ayn Rand's discussion in her essay, "The Monument Builders?"
10. What are Ayn Rand's thoughts on racism and how does she define it?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)