|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Synonymous with.
(b) Opposite of.
(c) Different from.
(d) Achieved with.
2. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
3. What political system punishes irrationality and rewards rational thought?
4. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
(b) Public parks.
(c) Public health care.
(d) A local coffee shop.
5. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
(b) The common good.
(c) Moralist principles.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
2. Which country does Rand seek refuge after fleeing Soviet Russia?
3. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
4. What does Rand blame on the notion that causes men to feel inferior?
5. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the definition of "power lust" as defined by Ayn Rand in her essay, "The Monument Builders?" Explain.
2. What are Ayn Rand's thoughts on racism and how does she define it?
3. According to Ayn Rand, what are the benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
4. What does Rand consider to be the source of rights and how does she describe the origin?
5. How does Ayn Rand believe that a government should finance itself in a free society?
6. Does Ayn Rand believe that a society must devise a moral code? How should a society decide upon a moral code?
7. What does Nathaniel Branden discuss in his essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," in regard to human growth?
8. What are Ayn Rand's views on mandatory taxation?
9. Explain the notion of "collectivized ethics" as mentioned in Ayn Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics."
10. According to Rand, do humans need government? How does Ayn Rand define government?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)