|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
2. Historically, what did socialist economic planning come about as a reaction to?
3. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
4. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
5. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(d) Something to be considered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
2. This stated that private facilities cannot refuse services to patrons based on race, creed, religion, sex, etc.
3. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
4. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
5. What is "an institution that holds exclusive power to enforce certain rules for social conduct in a given geographical area?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of projects does the principle of "collectivized ethics" support, and by which means are those tasks carried out? Explain.
2. What are Ayn Rand's views on mandatory taxation?
3. How do people falsely define Individualism, as stated by Nathaniel Branden?
4. What does it mean to live an existence of stagnation, according to Nathaniel Branden? What scenarios does Nathaniel Branden present in his explanation?
5. Explain the notion of "collectivized ethics" as mentioned in Ayn Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics."
6. Explain why Ayn Rand is against collectivized ethics.
7. According to Ayn Rand, what are the benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
8. How does Ayn Rand believe that a government should finance itself in a free society?
9. What are Ayn Rand's thoughts on racism and how does she define it?
10. According to Rand, do humans need government? How does Ayn Rand define government?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)