|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
(b) Nazi Germany.
2. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
(b) Free nation.
3. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) The United States.
(d) Nazi Germany.
4. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
(b) 1960s Liberals.
5. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
2. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
3. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
4. Which country does Rand seek refuge after fleeing Soviet Russia?
5. Historically, what did socialist economic planning come about as a reaction to?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Rand, do humans need government? How does Ayn Rand define government?
2. How does Rand define rights in her essay, "Man's Rights?"
3. How does Ayn Rand describe "Socialism" in her essay, "The Monument Builders?"
4. How does Louis XIV fit into Ayn Rand's discussion in her essay, "The Monument Builders?"
5. Explain why Ayn Rand is against collectivized ethics.
6. What does it mean to live an existence of stagnation, according to Nathaniel Branden? What scenarios does Nathaniel Branden present in his explanation?
7. What is the focus of the essay, "The Monument Builders?"
8. What are Ayn Rand's views on mandatory taxation?
9. What does Nathaniel Branden discuss in his essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," in regard to human growth?
10. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand uses the principle to explain communism, communist thought, and society. Explain Ayn Rand's revulsion toward communism and how it pairs with collectivized ethics.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)