|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the extreme example Rand uses to illustrate what can go wrong in a society that doesn't uphold the rights of the individual?
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) The United States.
2. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
3. In which year was Branden's essay, "Counterfeit Individualism" written?
4. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
5. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
Short Answer Questions
1. This stated that private facilities cannot refuse services to patrons based on race, creed, religion, sex, etc.
2. According to Rand, what is the only cure for racism?
3. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
4. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
5. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis XIV fit into Ayn Rand's discussion in her essay, "The Monument Builders?"
2. Does Ayn Rand believe that a society must devise a moral code? How should a society decide upon a moral code?
3. What does it mean to live an existence of stagnation, according to Nathaniel Branden? What scenarios does Nathaniel Branden present in his explanation?
4. What is the focus of the essay, "The Monument Builders?"
5. What is the definition of "power lust" as defined by Ayn Rand in her essay, "The Monument Builders?" Explain.
6. How does Ayn Rand describe "Socialism" in her essay, "The Monument Builders?"
7. According to Rand, do humans need government? How does Ayn Rand define government?
8. Explain why Ayn Rand is against collectivized ethics.
9. Explain the idea of "Collectivized Rights" as Rand describes.
10. What are Ayn Rand's views on mandatory taxation?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)