|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Historically, what did socialist economic planning come about as a reaction to?
2. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
3. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Korean Conflict.
(d) The Cold War.
4. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
5. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Achieved with.
(b) Opposite of.
(c) Different from.
(d) Synonymous with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
2. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
3. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
4. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
5. According to Rand, which country was the first to establish a system in which the society was subordinated to the individual rights?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nathaniel Branden discuss in his essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," in regard to human growth?
2. What is Rand's view on the Civil Rights Bill of 1964?
3. How must an individual justify his/her action, as stated by Nathaniel Branden in his essay, "Counterfeit Individualism?"
4. What type of projects does the principle of "collectivized ethics" support, and by which means are those tasks carried out? Explain.
5. Explain the notion of "collectivized ethics" as mentioned in Ayn Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics."
6. Does Ayn Rand believe that a society must devise a moral code? How should a society decide upon a moral code?
7. How does Ayn Rand believe that a government should finance itself in a free society?
8. What are Ayn Rand's thoughts on racism and how does she define it?
9. How do people falsely define Individualism, as stated by Nathaniel Branden?
10. How does Rand define rights in her essay, "Man's Rights?"
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)