|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
(a) Every individual.
(d) Some individuals.
2. In which year was Branden's essay, "Counterfeit Individualism" written?
3. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(a) The United States.
(b) Nazi Germany.
(d) Soviet Russia.
4. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
5. This stated that private facilities cannot refuse services to patrons based on race, creed, religion, sex, etc.
(a) The Bill of Rights.
(b) The Civil Rights Bill.
(c) The Sedition Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what is the only cure for racism?
2. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
3. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
4. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
5. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nathaniel Branden discuss in his essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," in regard to human growth?
2. Does Ayn Rand believe that a society must devise a moral code? How should a society decide upon a moral code?
3. According to Ayn Rand, what are the benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
4. How does Ayn Rand describe "Socialism" in her essay, "The Monument Builders?"
5. What does Rand consider to be the source of rights and how does she describe the origin?
6. According to Rand, do humans need government? How does Ayn Rand define government?
7. How does Louis XIV fit into Ayn Rand's discussion in her essay, "The Monument Builders?"
8. What is the definition of "power lust" as defined by Ayn Rand in her essay, "The Monument Builders?" Explain.
9. Explain why Ayn Rand is against collectivized ethics.
10. How does Ayn Rand believe that a government should finance itself in a free society?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)