|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political system punishes irrationality and rewards rational thought?
2. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
3. The notion that many people define individualism as the action of not conforming to the standard actions or ideas of the group is _________.
4. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
5. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
(b) Free nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
2. In which year was Branden's essay, "Counterfeit Individualism" written?
3. According to Rand, what is the only cure for racism?
4. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
5. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)