|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(c) United Kingdom.
(d) United States.
2. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
3. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Self preservation.
(b) Power planning.
(c) Self affliction.
(d) Power lust.
4. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
(c) 1960s Liberals.
5. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
(c) Moralist principles.
(d) The common good.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
2. Historically, what did socialist economic planning come about as a reaction to?
3. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
4. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
5. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)