|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
2. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
(d) Counterfeit individualism.
3. On what principle is a person who steals something they want acting on?
(c) Rational thought.
4. What type of tools must one use in a real life situation?
5. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
2. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
3. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
4. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
5. Which country does Rand seek refuge after fleeing Soviet Russia?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)