|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
2. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
(a) The most efficient way of governing the earth.
(b) A group governed by a government.
(c) The downfall of the individual.
(d) A collection of individuals.
3. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
(a) Nazi Germany.
4. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
(a) The creation of offspring.
(b) The society.
(c) Man's life.
(d) The development of the world.
5. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
(a) Physical force.
(b) Emotion persuasion.
(c) Moral force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
2. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
3. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
4. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
5. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)