|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
2. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
3. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
4. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
5. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(a) To B as B is to C.
(b) A in the Actual Reality.
(d) Proportionate to Z.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
2. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
3. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
4. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
5. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)