|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
2. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
(b) Mental health.
3. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
4. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
5. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
(a) The Objectivist Ethics.
(b) The Fountainhead.
(c) Atlas Shrugged.
(d) The Virtue of Selfishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
2. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
3. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
4. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
5. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)