|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
2. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
3. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(a) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
(b) Lottery basis.
4. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
(a) 1960s Liberals.
5. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
(a) A local coffee shop.
(c) Public parks.
(d) Public health care.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
2. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
3. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
4. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
5. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)