|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
2. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
(d) Jesus Christ.
3. According to Rand, what type of principles have ruled Western Society for years?
4. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
5. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
2. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
3. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
4. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
5. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)