|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
2. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
3. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
(a) Self interest.
4. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
(a) Counterfeit individualism.
5. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's actions only.
(b) A man's life.
(c) A man's actions and choices.
(d) A man's choice only.
Short Answer Questions
1. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
2. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
3. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
4. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
5. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)