|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
(b) The common good.
(d) Moralist principles.
2. In Rand's essay, "How Does One Lead a Rational Life in an Irrational Society?" Rand states that people often dismiss evil around them out of what?
3. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
(a) Rational interests.
(b) Total freedom.
4. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
5. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(c) Public Recognition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
2. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
3. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
4. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
5. What political system punishes irrationality and rewards rational thought?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)