|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
2. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
(c) Counterfeit individualism.
3. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
4. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
5. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(b) Lottery basis.
(d) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
2. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
3. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
4. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
5. According to Rand, what type of principles have ruled Western Society for years?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)