|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fictional character from "Atlas Shrugged" does Ayn Rand constantly refer to in order to explain her Objectivist theory?
(a) Peter Keating.
(b) Nathanial Branden.
(c) John Galt.
(d) Howard Roark.
2. According to Rand, what is the only cure for racism?
3. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
4. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
5. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Synonymous with.
(b) Achieved with.
(c) Opposite of.
(d) Different from.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
2. In the act of conceding one's own reason in favor of another's, one commits an act of ______________.
3. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
4. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
5. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)