|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
(a) Only morality.
(b) Relgious elixir.
(c) Basic morality.
(d) True morality.
2. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
3. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
4. Finish the quotation: "Individual rights are the means of subordinating ________ to moral law."
(a) The individual.
5. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(a) A loved one.
(c) All humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
2. According to Rand, without these two things there can be no gray.
3. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
4. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
5. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)