|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
2. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
3. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
(a) Supply and demand.
(b) Happiness and trade.
(c) Knowledge and happiness.
(d) Knowledge and trade.
4. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
5. According to Rand, a nation has only the right to __________ of its individual citizens.
(a) Create the rights.
(b) Revoke the rights.
(c) Decide the rights.
(d) Protect the rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
2. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
3. In which year was Branden's essay, "Counterfeit Individualism" written?
4. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
5. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)