|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
(a) Moralist principles.
(c) The common good.
2. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
3. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(d) Common ground.
4. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
5. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
(a) Complete and Incomplete.
(b) Directly and Indirectly.
(c) Directly and with proper intent.
(d) Purely and Directly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
2. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
3. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
4. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
5. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)