|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
2. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's husband.
(b) The creator of Objectivism.
(c) Rand's favorite writer.
(d) Rand's associate.
3. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
(a) Superiority complexes.
4. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
(a) Public recognition.
(b) Nothing, it should be a selfless act.
(c) A reward.
(d) One's happiness.
5. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(c) Common ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
2. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
3. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
4. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
5. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)