|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
(b) Sedition Act.
(c) Human Rights Act.
(d) Civil Rights Act.
2. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
3. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
4. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Korean Conflict.
5. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(a) Self amorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
2. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
3. The notion that many people define individualism as the action of not conforming to the standard actions or ideas of the group is _________.
4. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
5. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)