|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
2. In which year was Branden's essay, "Counterfeit Individualism" written?
3. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) The United States.
4. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
(a) Christian dogma.
(c) Traditional doctrines.
(d) The government.
5. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
2. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
3. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
4. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
5. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)