|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
2. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
(a) Moralist principles.
(c) The common good.
3. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
(a) Created by.
(b) Forced upon.
(c) Completed within.
(d) Achieved by.
4. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) Soviet Russia.
(d) The United States.
5. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fictional character from "Atlas Shrugged" does Ayn Rand constantly refer to in order to explain her Objectivist theory?
2. In Rand's essay, "How Does One Lead a Rational Life in an Irrational Society?" Rand states that people often dismiss evil around them out of what?
3. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
4. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
5. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)