|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
2. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
(a) Nazi Germany.
3. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(b) Car accident.
4. How does Western Society deem moral judgment?
5. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
(a) Counterfeit individualism.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
2. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
3. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
4. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
5. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)