|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
2. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
3. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
(a) That everyone is selfish.
(b) That selfishness is cruel and wrong.
(c) That not all people are selfish.
(d) That selfishness is the right way.
4. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
(b) Mental health.
5. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(a) Louis XVII.
(c) Louis XIV.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fictional character from "Atlas Shrugged" does Ayn Rand constantly refer to in order to explain her Objectivist theory?
2. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
3. According to Ayn Rand, human error is _______________.
4. What does Rand blame on the notion that causes men to feel inferior?
5. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)