|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
(a) Relgious elixir.
(b) Basic morality.
(c) Only morality.
(d) True morality.
2. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
3. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
(a) Not difficult.
(d) Not easy.
4. According to Rand, what is the only cure for racism?
5. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That it is faulty.
(b) That it is absolutely correct.
(c) That is needs to be proven.
(d) That it is absolutely incorrect.
Short Answer Questions
1. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
2. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
3. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
4. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
5. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)