|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
2. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
(a) Life, death.
(b) Morality, mysticism.
(c) Happiness, sadness.
(d) Health, illness.
3. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
(c) 1960s Liberals.
4. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
5. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
2. According to Rand, what is the only cure for racism?
3. On what principle is a person who steals something they want acting on?
4. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
5. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)