|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, which country was the first to establish a system in which the society was subordinated to the individual rights?
(a) The United States.
(b) Ancient Greece.
(c) Ancient Egypt.
(d) The United Kingdom.
2. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Explain your competence.
(b) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
(c) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
(d) Flatter your prospective employer.
3. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Learn and keep.
(b) Obtain and obey.
(c) Keep and follow.
(d) Obtain and keep.
4. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
5. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
(a) Atlas Shrugged.
(b) The Fountainhead.
(c) The Virtue of Selfishness.
(d) The Objectivist Ethics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
2. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
3. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
4. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
5. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)