|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
(a) Knowledge and happiness.
(b) Supply and demand.
(c) Happiness and trade.
(d) Knowledge and trade.
2. According to Rand, without these two things there can be no gray.
(a) Reason and self-interest.
(b) Reason and rationality.
(c) Gray and white.
(d) Black and white.
3. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
4. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(a) Morally correct.
(c) Honorably intended.
5. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
2. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
3. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
4. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
5. Which country established a socialist system by force?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)