|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the extreme example Rand uses to illustrate what can go wrong in a society that doesn't uphold the rights of the individual?
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) Soviet Russia.
(d) The United States.
2. What does Rand blame on the notion that causes men to feel inferior?
3. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
4. What type of tools must one use in a real life situation?
5. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The Korean Conflict.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
2. According to Rand, what type of principles have ruled Western Society for years?
3. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
4. Finish the statement: According to Rand, " One must _____, and prepare to be _______."
5. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)