|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Counterfeit Individualism", Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
2. According to Rand, which country was the first to establish a system in which the society was subordinated to the individual rights?
(a) The United Kingdom.
(b) Ancient Egypt.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) The United States.
3. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
4. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
(a) Self esteem.
(d) A sense of purpose.
5. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
(a) Anxiety and guilt.
(b) Anxiety and frivolity.
(c) Belief and guilt.
(d) Reason and control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
2. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
3. In what year did Ayn Rand write, "How Does One Lead a Rational Life in an Irrational Society?"
4. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
5. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)