|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) The United States.
(d) Soviet Russia.
2. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
3. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Learn and keep.
(b) Keep and follow.
(c) Obtain and obey.
(d) Obtain and keep.
4. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
5. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(a) A loved one.
(b) All humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
2. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
3. Which fictional character from "Atlas Shrugged" does Ayn Rand constantly refer to in order to explain her Objectivist theory?
4. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
5. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)