|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
2. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(b) Louis XIV.
(d) Louis XVII.
3. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Power planning.
(b) Self preservation.
(c) Power lust.
(d) Self affliction.
4. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(a) All humans.
(d) A loved one.
5. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(d) Self amorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
2. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
3. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
4. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
5. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)