|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
2. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
3. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
4. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
5. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
(c) Self interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the quotation: "Individual rights are the means of subordinating ________ to moral law."
2. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
3. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
4. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
5. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)