|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
2. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
(a) Working on a project.
(b) Writing a song.
(c) Watching television.
3. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
4. According to Ayn Rand, one must pass moral judgment in order to live what kind of life?
5. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(a) Self interest.
(b) Self worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
2. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
3. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
4. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
5. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)