|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
2. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
3. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Lower, higher.
(b) Higher, lower.
(c) Worse, better.
(d) Better, worse.
4. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's associate.
(b) The creator of Objectivism.
(c) Rand's favorite writer.
(d) Rand's husband.
5. According to Rand, what type of principles have ruled Western Society for years?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
2. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
3. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
4. In Rand's essay, "How Does One Lead a Rational Life in an Irrational Society?" Rand states that people often dismiss evil around them out of what?
5. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)