|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) The United States.
(d) Soviet Russia.
2. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
3. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Lower, higher.
(b) Higher, lower.
(c) Worse, better.
(d) Better, worse.
4. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
5. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(b) A loved one.
(d) All humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
2. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
3. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
4. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
5. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)