|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
(a) One's happiness.
(b) A reward.
(c) Public recognition.
(d) Nothing, it should be a selfless act.
2. What book did Rand write to illustrate her objectivist views by setting up a scenario where the characters protest against collectivist ideals?
(a) Atlas Shrugged.
(b) The Virtue of Selfishness.
(c) The Fountainhead.
(d) Total Freedom.
3. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
4. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
5. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Historically, what did socialist economic planning come about as a reaction to?
2. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
3. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
4. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
5. According to Ayn Rand, human error is _______________.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)