|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the noble, true, infallible judge in Western society, according to Rand?
(b) The President.
(c) Religious leaders.
(d) Jesus Christ.
2. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
3. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(c) Pros and cons.
(d) Cause and effect.
4. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
(b) The government.
(c) Traditional doctrines.
(d) Christian dogma.
5. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
2. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
3. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
4. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
5. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)