|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
(a) The Objectivist Quarterly.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Journal of Behavioral Psychology.
(d) The Objectivist Newsletter.
2. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
3. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
4. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(c) Louis XIV.
(d) Louis XVII.
5. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, without these two things there can be no gray.
2. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
3. Finish the quotation: "Individual rights are the means of subordinating ________ to moral law."
4. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
5. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)