|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
3. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
4. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
5. What type of tools must one use in a real life situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
2. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
3. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
4. Rand states that judgment is a ______ action to commit.
5. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)