|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
2. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
(a) That not all people are selfish.
(b) That everyone is selfish.
(c) That selfishness is cruel and wrong.
(d) That selfishness is the right way.
3. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
(a) Law of the Land.
(b) Law of Identity.
(c) Law of Actual Reality.
(d) Laws of the Self.
4. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
5. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(c) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
2. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
3. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
4. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
5. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)