|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
2. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
(a) The Objectivist Ethics.
(b) The Fountainhead.
(c) Atlas Shrugged.
(d) The Virtue of Selfishness.
3. According to Rand, a nation has only the right to __________ of its individual citizens.
(a) Revoke the rights.
(b) Protect the rights.
(c) Create the rights.
(d) Decide the rights.
4. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
5. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
(a) A local coffee shop.
(b) Public health care.
(d) Public parks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
2. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
3. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
4. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
5. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)