|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(a) Louis XIV.
(b) Louis XVII.
2. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(d) Common ground.
3. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
4. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
5. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
(b) Various religions.
(c) Church Fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
2. What book did Rand write to illustrate her objectivist views by setting up a scenario where the characters protest against collectivist ideals?
3. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
4. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
5. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)