|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
(a) A reward.
(b) Public recognition.
(c) One's happiness.
(d) Nothing, it should be a selfless act.
2. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
3. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
4. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Obtain and obey.
(b) Obtain and keep.
(c) Keep and follow.
(d) Learn and keep.
5. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
2. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
3. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
4. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
5. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)