|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
2. According to Rand, a nation has only the right to __________ of its individual citizens.
(a) Protect the rights.
(b) Decide the rights.
(c) Revoke the rights.
(d) Create the rights.
3. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
4. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
5. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
(c) A drop-key.
(d) Elimination of context.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
2. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
3. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
4. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
5. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)