|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
2. Which fictional character from "Atlas Shrugged" does Ayn Rand constantly refer to in order to explain her Objectivist theory?
(a) Peter Keating.
(b) Nathanial Branden.
(c) Howard Roark.
(d) John Galt.
3. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
(c) Too religious.
4. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
5. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
(a) The downfall of the individual.
(b) A group governed by a government.
(c) The most efficient way of governing the earth.
(d) A collection of individuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
2. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
3. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
4. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
5. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)