|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
(c) Every individual.
(d) Some individuals.
2. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
(a) The Church.
3. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
(a) Self esteem.
(b) A sense of purpose.
4. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
5. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
2. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
3. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
4. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
5. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)