|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
2. In what year did Ayn Rand write, "How Does One Lead a Rational Life in an Irrational Society?"
3. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
(b) Free nation.
4. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
5. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
2. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
3. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
4. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
5. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)