|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(a) Honorably intended.
(b) Morally correct.
2. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
3. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
4. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
(a) The United States.
(c) The United Kingdom.
5. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
(c) Nazi Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
2. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
3. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
4. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
5. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)