|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
(a) Too religious.
2. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
(c) A sense of purpose.
(d) Self esteem.
3. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
4. Which Greek philosopher is mentioned once within the book?
5. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Different from.
(b) Achieved with.
(c) Synonymous with.
(d) Opposite of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
2. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
3. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
4. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
5. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)