|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(a) Self worth.
(d) Self interest.
3. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
4. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
(d) Careful consideration.
5. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
2. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
3. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
4. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
5. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)