|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
2. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
(a) The Objectivist Quarterly.
(b) The Journal of Behavioral Psychology.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Objectivist Newsletter.
3. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
(a) A drop-key.
(d) Elimination of context.
4. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
(a) Anxiety and guilt.
(b) Anxiety and frivolity.
(c) Reason and control.
(d) Belief and guilt.
5. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
2. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
3. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
4. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
5. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)