|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Keep and follow.
(b) Obtain and keep.
(c) Learn and keep.
(d) Obtain and obey.
2. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
(a) Too religious.
3. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(a) Common ground.
4. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
5. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
2. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
3. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
4. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
5. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)