|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Power planning.
(b) Power lust.
(c) Self preservation.
(d) Self affliction.
2. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
3. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
4. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(b) Louis XIV.
(c) Louis XVII.
5. On what principle is a person who steals something they want acting on?
(d) Rational thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Western Society deem moral judgment?
2. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
3. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
4. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
5. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)