Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
(a) Nazi Germany.
2. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
3. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
4. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
(a) Various religions.
(c) Church Fathers.
5. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
(a) The creation of offspring.
(b) The society.
(c) Man's life.
(d) The development of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
2. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
3. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
4. Who is the noble, true, infallible judge in Western society, according to Rand?
5. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)