Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
(b) The United Kingdom.
(d) The United States.
2. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
(c) Elimination of context.
(d) A drop-key.
3. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
4. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Obtain and obey.
(b) Obtain and keep.
(c) Keep and follow.
(d) Learn and keep.
5. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
2. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
3. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
4. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
5. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)