|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
2. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
3. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) The creator of Objectivism.
(b) Rand's favorite writer.
(c) Rand's husband.
(d) Rand's associate.
4. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
(b) Morality and mysticism.
5. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
Short Answer Questions
1. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
2. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
3. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
4. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
5. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)