|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
2. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
3. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
(c) Total freedom.
(d) Rational interests.
4. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
5. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
2. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
3. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
4. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
5. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)