|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, without these two things there can be no gray.
(a) Reason and rationality.
(b) Gray and white.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Reason and self-interest.
2. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(a) Self worth.
(c) Self interest.
3. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(a) A in the Actual Reality.
(b) To B as B is to C.
(d) Proportionate to Z.
4. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(a) All humans.
(d) A loved one.
5. Which fictional character from "Atlas Shrugged" does Ayn Rand constantly refer to in order to explain her Objectivist theory?
(a) Nathanial Branden.
(b) Howard Roark.
(c) John Galt.
(d) Peter Keating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
2. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
3. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
4. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
5. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)