|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
2. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
3. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
4. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
5. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
(a) Total freedom.
(c) Rational interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
2. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
3. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
4. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
5. According to Rand, what type of principles have ruled Western Society for years?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)