|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
2. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
3. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(d) Common ground.
4. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
5. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what is defined as conducting one's life according to the divinity of nonexistent beings?
2. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
3. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
4. Which Greek philosopher is mentioned once within the book?
5. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)