|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Greek philosopher is mentioned once within the book?
2. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
3. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Voluntary taxation.
(b) Dependent financing.
(c) Independent financing.
(d) Mandatory taxation.
4. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
5. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
2. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
3. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
4. According to Rand, a nation has only the right to __________ of its individual citizens.
5. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)