|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
2. Rand states that judgment is a ______ action to commit.
3. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
4. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
5. This stated that private facilities cannot refuse services to patrons based on race, creed, religion, sex, etc.
(a) The Bill of Rights.
(b) The Civil Rights Bill.
(d) The Sedition Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
2. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
3. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
4. According to Rand, which country was the first to establish a system in which the society was subordinated to the individual rights?
5. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)