|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the noble, true, infallible judge in Western society, according to Rand?
(b) The President.
(c) Religious leaders.
(d) Jesus Christ.
2. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
(a) Atlas Shrugged.
(b) The Fountainhead.
(c) The Virtue of Selfishness.
(d) The Objectivist Ethics.
3. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
4. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
(b) 1960s Liberals.
5. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(b) Pros and cons.
(d) Cause and effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
2. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
3. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
4. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
5. According to Ayn Rand, one must pass moral judgment in order to live what kind of life?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)