|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Power lust.
(b) Self preservation.
(c) Self affliction.
(d) Power planning.
2. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Higher, lower.
(b) Lower, higher.
(c) Better, worse.
(d) Worse, better.
3. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's favorite writer.
(b) The creator of Objectivism.
(c) Rand's husband.
(d) Rand's associate.
4. According to Rand, which country was the first to establish a system in which the society was subordinated to the individual rights?
(a) The United Kingdom.
(b) The United States.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) Ancient Egypt.
5. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, without these two things there can be no gray.
2. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
3. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
4. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
5. How does Western Society deem moral judgment?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)