|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
2. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
3. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
(a) Happiness and trade.
(b) Knowledge and trade.
(c) Supply and demand.
(d) Knowledge and happiness.
4. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
(a) Law of Identity.
(b) Law of Actual Reality.
(c) Laws of the Self.
(d) Law of the Land.
5. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(c) Self amorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
2. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
3. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
4. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
5. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)