|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(c) Soviet Russia.
(d) The United States.
2. Which fictional character from "Atlas Shrugged" does Ayn Rand constantly refer to in order to explain her Objectivist theory?
(a) John Galt.
(b) Peter Keating.
(c) Howard Roark.
(d) Nathanial Branden.
3. According to Rand, what is defined as conducting one's life according to the divinity of nonexistent beings?
4. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
5. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
2. What is the extreme example Rand uses to illustrate what can go wrong in a society that doesn't uphold the rights of the individual?
3. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
4. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
5. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)