|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fictional character from "Atlas Shrugged" does Ayn Rand constantly refer to in order to explain her Objectivist theory?
(a) John Galt.
(b) Howard Roark.
(c) Nathanial Branden.
(d) Peter Keating.
2. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Achieved with.
(b) Opposite of.
(c) Synonymous with.
(d) Different from.
3. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
(a) The United Kingdom.
(c) The United States.
4. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
5. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
2. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
3. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
4. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
5. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)