|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the extreme example Rand uses to illustrate what can go wrong in a society that doesn't uphold the rights of the individual?
(b) The United States.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) Soviet Russia.
2. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
3. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
4. What is "an institution that holds exclusive power to enforce certain rules for social conduct in a given geographical area?"
(c) Code of conduct.
5. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
(b) Total Freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
2. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
3. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
4. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
5. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)