|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
2. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
3. If a person saves a stranger from a burning building at the risk of their own life, then that person is acting upon which principles?
(d) Self interest.
4. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
5. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, human error is _______________.
2. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
3. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
4. What is "an institution that holds exclusive power to enforce certain rules for social conduct in a given geographical area?"
5. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)