|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Power lust.
(b) Self affliction.
(c) Power planning.
(d) Self preservation.
2. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(b) United States.
(c) United Kingdom.
3. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
4. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(b) Pros and cons.
(c) Cause and effect.
5. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's actions only.
(b) A man's actions and choices.
(c) A man's life.
(d) A man's choice only.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Ayn Rand write, "How Does One Lead a Rational Life in an Irrational Society?"
2. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
3. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
4. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
5. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)