|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
(b) Free nation.
2. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
3. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
4. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
(c) A sense of purpose.
(d) Self esteem.
5. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
2. What book did Rand write to illustrate her objectivist views by setting up a scenario where the characters protest against collectivist ideals?
3. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
4. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
5. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)