|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Self affliction.
(b) Power lust.
(c) Self preservation.
(d) Power planning.
2. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(a) United Kingdom.
(b) United States.
3. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
4. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(b) Morally correct.
(c) Honorably intended.
5. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
2. According to Rand, what type of principles have ruled Western Society for years?
3. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
4. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
5. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)