|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
(b) Total Freedom.
2. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
3. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
4. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
5. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(b) Self interest.
(d) Self worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
2. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
3. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
4. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
5. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)