|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
2. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
3. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
4. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(a) Cause and effect.
(d) Pros and cons.
5. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
2. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
3. According to Rand, which country was the first to establish a system in which the society was subordinated to the individual rights?
4. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
5. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)