|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
2. Finish the statement: According to Rand, " One must _____, and prepare to be _______."
(a) Act, judged.
(b) Love, loved.
(c) Act, questioned.
(d) Judge, judged.
3. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
4. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) The United States.
(d) Nazi Germany.
5. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
2. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
3. According to Rand, what is defined as conducting one's life according to the divinity of nonexistent beings?
4. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
5. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)