|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
(d) Mental health.
2. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Self affliction.
(b) Power planning.
(c) Power lust.
(d) Self preservation.
3. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(a) Self worth.
(d) Self interest.
4. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
5. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
3. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
4. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
5. Historically, what did socialist economic planning come about as a reaction to?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)