|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
(b) 1960s Liberals.
2. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(c) Car accident.
3. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
(c) The United States.
4. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
5. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
2. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
3. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
4. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
5. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)