|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
2. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
3. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
(a) Law of Identity.
(b) Law of the Land.
(c) Law of Actual Reality.
(d) Laws of the Self.
4. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(c) Public Recognition.
5. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
2. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
3. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
4. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
5. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)