|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
2. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
3. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(b) Self worth.
(c) Self interest.
4. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
5. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
2. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
3. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
4. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
5. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)