|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
2. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
3. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
4. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
5. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
(a) Anxiety and guilt.
(b) Anxiety and frivolity.
(c) Belief and guilt.
(d) Reason and control.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
2. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
3. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
4. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
5. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)