|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
2. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
3. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
4. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
5. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
2. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
3. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
4. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
5. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)