|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
2. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
3. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
4. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's husband.
(b) Rand's favorite writer.
(c) The creator of Objectivism.
(d) Rand's associate.
5. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
2. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
3. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
4. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
5. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)