|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
2. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's favorite writer.
(b) Rand's associate.
(c) The creator of Objectivism.
(d) Rand's husband.
3. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
4. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
5. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(a) To B as B is to C.
(c) A in the Actual Reality.
(d) Proportionate to Z.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
2. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
3. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
4. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
5. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)