|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(a) Self worth.
(b) Self interest.
2. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
(a) Law of Identity.
(b) Law of the Land.
(c) Laws of the Self.
(d) Law of Actual Reality.
3. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
(b) Rational interests.
(c) Total freedom.
4. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
5. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's husband.
(b) The creator of Objectivism.
(c) Rand's associate.
(d) Rand's favorite writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
2. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
3. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
4. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
5. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)