|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
2. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
3. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
(c) Mental health.
4. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
5. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
2. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
3. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
4. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
5. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)