|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
(a) The government.
(c) Traditional doctrines.
(d) Christian dogma.
2. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
3. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
4. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
5. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
2. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
3. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
4. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
5. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)