|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
2. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
(a) That selfishness is cruel and wrong.
(b) That not all people are selfish.
(c) That everyone is selfish.
(d) That selfishness is the right way.
3. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
4. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
5. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(a) Self interest.
(c) Self worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
2. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
3. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
4. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
5. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)