|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(b) A loved one.
(c) All humans.
2. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
3. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(a) Proportionate to Z.
(b) To B as B is to C.
(d) A in the Actual Reality.
4. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
5. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's husband.
(b) The creator of Objectivism.
(c) Rand's associate.
(d) Rand's favorite writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
2. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
3. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
4. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
5. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)