|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
2. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(c) All humans.
(d) A loved one.
3. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
4. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
5. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
(b) The government.
(c) Christian dogma.
(d) Traditional doctrines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
2. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
3. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
4. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
5. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)