|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
2. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(c) Self interest.
(d) Self worth.
3. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
4. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
5. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
2. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
3. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
4. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
5. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)