|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
(b) Jesus Christ.
2. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
3. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(b) Car accident.
4. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(d) Public Recognition.
5. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
(b) Total freedom.
(c) Rational interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
2. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
3. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
4. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
5. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)