|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Worse, better.
(b) Lower, higher.
(c) Better, worse.
(d) Higher, lower.
2. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
3. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
(a) Self esteem.
(b) A sense of purpose.
4. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
5. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(a) A in the Actual Reality.
(b) To B as B is to C.
(d) Proportionate to Z.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
2. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
3. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
4. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
5. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)