|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
2. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(b) Self worth.
(d) Self interest.
3. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
4. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
(a) Careful consideration.
5. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
2. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
3. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
4. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
5. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)