|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
2. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(a) Proportionate to Z.
(b) To B as B is to C.
(c) A in the Actual Reality.
3. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
4. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
5. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(c) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
2. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
3. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
4. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
5. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)