|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
3. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
4. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
(a) One's happiness.
(b) A reward.
(c) Public recognition.
(d) Nothing, it should be a selfless act.
5. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
2. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
3. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
4. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
5. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)