|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
2. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
3. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
4. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
5. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
2. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
3. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
4. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
5. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)