|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's associate.
(b) Rand's favorite writer.
(c) The creator of Objectivism.
(d) Rand's husband.
2. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
3. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
4. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
5. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
(a) Mental health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
2. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
3. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
4. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
5. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)