|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Self affliction.
(b) Power planning.
(c) Self preservation.
(d) Power lust.
2. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
3. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
(a) Writing a song.
(c) Working on a project.
(d) Watching television.
4. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
5. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
2. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
3. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
4. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
5. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)