Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Psychology of Pleasure", Nathaniel Branden (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
2. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
(c) Morality and mysticism.
3. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
4. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's associate.
(b) Rand's favorite writer.
(c) The creator of Objectivism.
(d) Rand's husband.
5. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
(c) Superiority complexes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
2. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
3. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
4. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
5. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)