|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
(b) Every individual.
(c) Some individuals.
2. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(c) Something to be considered.
3. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's choice only.
(b) A man's actions and choices.
(c) A man's actions only.
(d) A man's life.
4. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
(b) Public health care.
(c) Public parks.
(d) A local coffee shop.
5. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
2. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
3. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
4. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
5. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)