|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
2. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
(d) The United States.
3. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
4. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(b) Self amorous.
5. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
Short Answer Questions
1. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
2. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
3. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
4. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
5. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)