|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) The United States.
(d) Nazi Germany.
2. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
3. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
(a) Achieved by.
(b) Created by.
(c) Completed within.
(d) Forced upon.
4. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(a) Collective whole.
5. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
(b) Explain your competence.
(c) Flatter your prospective employer.
(d) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
2. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
3. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
4. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
5. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)