|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) The United States.
(c) Nazi Germany.
2. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(b) Collective whole.
3. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
(c) Not difficult.
(d) Not easy.
4. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
5. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
2. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
3. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
4. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
5. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)