|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(d) Self amorous.
2. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(b) Something to be considered.
3. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
4. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's actions and choices.
(b) A man's life.
(c) A man's actions only.
(d) A man's choice only.
5. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
(a) Not difficult.
(b) Not easy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
2. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
3. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
4. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
5. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)