|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
2. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(a) United Kingdom.
(c) United States.
3. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
4. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
5. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Independent financing.
(b) Dependent financing.
(c) Voluntary taxation.
(d) Mandatory taxation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
2. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
3. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
4. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
5. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)