|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
(a) Public parks.
(b) A local coffee shop.
(c) Public health care.
2. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
3. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(a) Lottery basis.
(d) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
4. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
5. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Mandatory taxation.
(b) Dependent financing.
(c) Voluntary taxation.
(d) Independent financing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
2. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
3. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
4. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
5. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)