|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(a) Self amorous.
2. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
3. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
4. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
(b) The United States.
5. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
(b) Public parks.
(c) Public health care.
(d) A local coffee shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
2. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
3. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
4. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
5. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)