|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(a) United Kingdom.
(c) United States.
2. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
(b) Flatter your prospective employer.
(c) Explain your competence.
(d) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
3. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
4. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
5. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
2. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
3. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
4. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
5. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)