|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
(a) Public parks.
(b) A local coffee shop.
(d) Public health care.
2. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
3. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
4. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Higher, lower.
(b) Worse, better.
(c) Better, worse.
(d) Lower, higher.
5. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) Soviet Russia.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
2. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
3. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
4. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
5. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)