|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
2. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Lower, higher.
(b) Worse, better.
(c) Higher, lower.
(d) Better, worse.
3. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
4. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(b) Self amorous.
5. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
2. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
3. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
4. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
5. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)