|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(a) Something to be considered.
2. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Mandatory taxation.
(b) Voluntary taxation.
(c) Independent financing.
(d) Dependent financing.
3. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
4. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
5. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(b) Lottery basis.
(d) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
2. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
3. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
4. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
5. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)