|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Lower, higher.
(b) Worse, better.
(c) Better, worse.
(d) Higher, lower.
2. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) The United States.
3. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(a) Self amorous.
4. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That it is absolutely correct.
(b) That is needs to be proven.
(c) That it is faulty.
(d) That it is absolutely incorrect.
5. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
2. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
3. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
4. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
5. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)