|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Lower, higher.
(b) Better, worse.
(c) Higher, lower.
(d) Worse, better.
2. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Voluntary taxation.
(b) Dependent financing.
(c) Mandatory taxation.
(d) Independent financing.
3. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(a) United Kingdom.
(c) United States.
4. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
5. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
(a) That everyone is selfish.
(b) That selfishness is the right way.
(c) That not all people are selfish.
(d) That selfishness is cruel and wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
2. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
3. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
4. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
5. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)