|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
2. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
3. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(a) Self amorous.
4. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
5. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(c) The United States.
(d) Soviet Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
2. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
3. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
4. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
5. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)