|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Independent financing.
(b) Dependent financing.
(c) Voluntary taxation.
(d) Mandatory taxation.
2. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
3. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
(a) Forced upon.
(b) Created by.
(c) Achieved by.
(d) Completed within.
4. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
5. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Explain your competence.
(b) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
(c) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
(d) Flatter your prospective employer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
2. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
3. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
4. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
5. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)