|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(b) Lottery basis.
(d) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
2. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
3. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
(a) That selfishness is the right way.
(b) That everyone is selfish.
(c) That selfishness is cruel and wrong.
(d) That not all people are selfish.
4. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Higher, lower.
(b) Better, worse.
(c) Worse, better.
(d) Lower, higher.
5. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
2. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
3. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
4. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
5. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)