|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
(a) The United States.
2. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
3. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
4. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's choice only.
(b) A man's actions and choices.
(c) A man's life.
(d) A man's actions only.
5. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That it is faulty.
(b) That it is absolutely incorrect.
(c) That is needs to be proven.
(d) That it is absolutely correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
2. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
3. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
4. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
5. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)