|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
2. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Worse, better.
(b) Lower, higher.
(c) Better, worse.
(d) Higher, lower.
3. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(b) Something to be considered.
4. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
(a) The United States.
5. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(b) United Kingdom.
(c) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
2. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
3. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
4. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
5. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)