|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's life.
(b) A man's choice only.
(c) A man's actions only.
(d) A man's actions and choices.
2. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
(a) That everyone is selfish.
(b) That not all people are selfish.
(c) That selfishness is cruel and wrong.
(d) That selfishness is the right way.
3. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
4. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
5. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(d) Collective whole.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
2. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
3. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
4. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
5. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)