|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
2. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That it is faulty.
(b) That is needs to be proven.
(c) That it is absolutely incorrect.
(d) That it is absolutely correct.
3. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(c) Collective whole.
4. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(c) Self amorous.
5. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
2. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
3. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
4. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
5. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)