|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
2. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Lower, higher.
(b) Better, worse.
(c) Higher, lower.
(d) Worse, better.
3. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Dependent financing.
(b) Voluntary taxation.
(c) Independent financing.
(d) Mandatory taxation.
4. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
(a) That selfishness is cruel and wrong.
(b) That everyone is selfish.
(c) That not all people are selfish.
(d) That selfishness is the right way.
5. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(a) United Kingdom.
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
2. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
3. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
4. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
5. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)