|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That it is absolutely correct.
(b) That it is faulty.
(c) That is needs to be proven.
(d) That it is absolutely incorrect.
2. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
3. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Worse, better.
(b) Higher, lower.
(c) Lower, higher.
(d) Better, worse.
4. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
5. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(a) Something to be considered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
2. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
3. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
4. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
5. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)