|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
2. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(b) Collective whole.
3. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(a) Self amorous.
4. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That is needs to be proven.
(b) That it is faulty.
(c) That it is absolutely incorrect.
(d) That it is absolutely correct.
5. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
2. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
3. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
4. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
5. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)