|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
2. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
3. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
(b) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
(c) Explain your competence.
(d) Flatter your prospective employer.
4. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
5. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(b) Lottery basis.
(d) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
2. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
3. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
4. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
5. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)