Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lisbon talk about with the neighborhood fathers who come to visit?
2. What is Old Mrs. Karafilis' weekly ritual?
3. Where does Mary go by herself?
4. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
5. In what condition is the Lisbons' basement?
Essay Topic 1
Communication--and the lack of it--plays a crucial role in the telling of this story. Please discuss ways in which the Lisbon girls communicate with the outside and with one another, as well as how a lack of communication affects the story.
Essay Topic 2
At the dance, Therese says to her date, "We just want to live. If anyone would let us." What does she mean? Are the Lisbon girls not living? Is she referring to Cecilia, or to her own future suicide? Is there someone or something refusing to let them live?
Essay Topic 3
The Virgin Suicides is written from an unusual first-person plural point of view. How does this point of view affect how the story is told? What characters are part of the "we," and why do you think the author uses this deliberate ambiguity?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)