Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lisbon talk about with the neighborhood fathers who come to visit?
2. What is Old Mrs. Karafilis' weekly ritual?
3. Where does Mary go by herself?
4. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
5. In what condition is the Lisbons' basement?
Most people, after a tragedy, look for something or someone on whom to put the blame, even if it is the victim(s). This happens several times throughout the course of the novel. Please discuss at least three ways in which a character tries to place blame, including on whom/what, why, and how it affects other characters/the story itself.
Jeffrey Eugenides opens the book with the last Lisbon girl's suicide. How does that set the tone for the novel? Is it helpful to the reader or does it take away from the story?
Compare the story of the Lisbon girls to the story of the dying elm trees. How does one represent the other? How are they connected?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)