|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Lisbon serving at the party?
2. What do the paramedics do first upon arriving at the Lisbon house?
3. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Cecilia's asking to leave the party?
4. What is Mr. Lisbon's hobby?
5. What is Cecilia doing as she goes up and down the stairs before the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter Sissen find in the Lisbon girls' bathroom?
2. What major revelation do the boys have upon entering the Lisbon girls' party?
3. How did the emergency workers retrieve Cecilia's body?
4. What does Cecilia look like in her coffin?
5. Why were the boys happy that Joe came to the party?
6. Describe a few of the changes the boys noticed at the Lisbon house after Cecilia came home from the hospital.
7. What happens in the Baldinos' backyard to arouse neighborhood suspicions?
8. Describe the appearance of Cecilia's diary.
9. What did Cecilia do on the last day of her life?
10. How did the boys obtain Cecilia's diary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Communication--and the lack of it--plays a crucial role in the telling of this story. Please discuss ways in which the Lisbon girls communicate with the outside and with one another, as well as how a lack of communication affects the story.
Essay Topic 2
The character of Dr. Hornicker recurs throughout the novel. What is his significance? How does he contribute to the story? What is his effect, if any, on the Lisbon family?
Essay Topic 3
During the media frenzy following the triple suicide, the boys, "For the first time ever...sympathized with the President because we saw how wildly our sphere of influence was misrepresented by those in no position to know what was going on." Please explain what they meant by this and discuss its justification.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)