|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is Cecilia buried?
2. What garment does Cecilia always wear?
3. Which Lisbon girl is thought of as "the weird sister"?
4. How many times is Dominic Palazzano mentioned in Cecilia's diary?
5. Which Lisbon sister likes to sunbathe in a bikini?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the adult boys discover about Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon after speaking to Mr. Lisbon?
2. Describe Cecilia Lisbon's first attempt at suicide.
3. When Peter Sissen reports back to the boys about his time inside the Lisbon house, what does Paul Baldino vow to do?
4. What does Peter Sissen find in the Lisbon girls' bathroom?
5. What does the cemetery where Cecilia's service is held look like?
6. How did the emergency workers retrieve Cecilia's body?
7. Why does Mr. Lisbon have to take a tour of several cemeteries?
8. Describe a few of the changes the boys noticed at the Lisbon house after Cecilia came home from the hospital.
9. Who was Dominic Palazzano and what was his part in Cecilia's story?
10. How did Cecilia Lisbon die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon. What is their relationship like? What are their relationships with their daughters like? How does the male-female dynamic play out in these two characters?
Essay Topic 2
How does the state of the Lisbon house connect to the rest of the story? What connections can be drawn between the conditions of the house and the condition of the people inside it? How do the people viewing it from the outside respond? The people inside?
Essay Topic 3
During the media frenzy following the triple suicide, the boys, "For the first time ever...sympathized with the President because we saw how wildly our sphere of influence was misrepresented by those in no position to know what was going on." Please explain what they meant by this and discuss its justification.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)