|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys congregate after changing out of their party clothes?
2. Which boy is the only one who has been allowed into the Lisbon home?
3. Who leaves the party early?
4. Who files past Cecilia's open casket?
5. From where do the boys watch the paramedics arrive at the Lisbon house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a few of the changes the boys noticed at the Lisbon house after Cecilia came home from the hospital.
2. What does the cemetery where Cecilia's service is held look like?
3. Who was Dominic Palazzano and what was his part in Cecilia's story?
4. What does Cecilia look like in her coffin?
5. What did Cecilia do on the last day of her life?
6. Describe Cecilia's bedroom.
7. What does Peter Sissen find in the Lisbon girls' bathroom?
8. What were Mr. Lisbon's problems with the cemeteries he visited?
9. When Peter Sissen reports back to the boys about his time inside the Lisbon house, what does Paul Baldino vow to do?
10. Name three events the boys read about in Cecilia's diary.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Communication--and the lack of it--plays a crucial role in the telling of this story. Please discuss ways in which the Lisbon girls communicate with the outside and with one another, as well as how a lack of communication affects the story.
Essay Topic 2
How does the state of the Lisbon house connect to the rest of the story? What connections can be drawn between the conditions of the house and the condition of the people inside it? How do the people viewing it from the outside respond? The people inside?
Essay Topic 3
The Virgin Suicides is full of sexual and religious symbolism. Please choose at least three major symbols and explain their significance to the story and relation to one another, and explain how these two seemingly disparate subjects intertwine.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)