|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
(d) The newspaper.
2. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
(a) The Karafilis' basement.
(b) Her own house in the neighborhood.
(c) The Karafilis' attic.
(d) A nursing home.
3. How does Trip Fontaine get home after the dance?
(a) He takes a cab with Lux.
(b) He calls his father for a ride.
(c) He walks.
(d) He rides in Parkie's car with the others.
4. In what condition is the Lisbons' basement?
(a) Completely redecorated.
(b) Immaculately clean.
(c) Exactly as it was the night of the party.
(d) Filled with boxes, old toys, bicycles, etc.
5. What does Mr. Lisbon use paint cans for in Chapter 4?
(a) Storing tools.
(b) Mixing paint.
(c) Catching water leaks.
(d) Watering plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Trip and Lux do under the bleachers?
2. Where do the boys wait for the Lisbon girls' signal the night of June 15?
3. What class does Lux Lisbon often skip with Julie Winthrop?
4. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
5. What is Lux's real reason for going to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
2. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
3. Describe three ways in which the Lisbon girls tried to contact the boys.
4. What rebellious activities does Lux engage in?
5. How do the boys spend the early part of the evening on June 15?
6. How does Mr. Lisbon's behavior at school change after Cecilia's suicide?
7. Why is Lux taken by ambulance to the hospital?
8. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
9. Describe the physical changes happening to the Lisbon home.
10. Describe the state of the Lisbons' basement on June 15th.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)