|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie carry on her nightly pilgrimages outside?
(a) A photo of Cecilia.
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A laminated picture of the Virgin Mary.
(d) Her pillow.
2. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
(a) Says a rosary for Cecilia.
(b) Has a chat with Uncle Tucker.
(c) Takes a walk.
(d) Tends a small flower garden.
3. What kind of car does Trip drive?
(a) A VW Beetle.
(b) A Camaro.
(c) A Trans-Am.
(d) A Mustang.
4. What annual household chore does Mr. Lisbon ignore this year?
(a) Removing the screens.
(b) Mulching the flowers.
(c) Clearing the gutters.
(d) Raking the leaves.
5. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(c) Smoke marijuana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the girls engages in promiscuous sexual relationships?
2. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
3. What are the green pamphlets sent out by the Chamber of Commerce about?
4. What major project is the Parks Department working on?
5. What is Old Mrs. Karafilis' weekly ritual?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys spend the early part of the evening on June 15?
2. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
3. How did the Lisbons deal with their friends' and neighbors' offers of sympathy?
4. Describe three ways in which the Lisbon girls tried to contact the boys.
5. Describe the state of the Lisbon house in Chapter 4.
6. What was "The Day of Grieving" and how was it observed?
7. Describe Mary Lisbon's favorite way to pass time during the imprisonment.
8. What do the boys see when they first look into the Lisbons' home on June 15th?
9. What is Dr. Hornicker's opinion of Lux after meeting with her in the hospital?
10. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)