|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music does Mrs. Lisbon listen to?
2. What do Lux and Julie do instead of going to class?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Meet boys behind the school.
(c) Read magazines.
(d) Go out for coffee.
3. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
(a) For help with his science homework.
(b) For a college recommendation.
(c) For permission to marry Lux.
(d) For permission to take Lux to Homecoming.
4. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
(a) A stone wall.
(b) A rusted-out car.
(c) The Lisbons' fence.
(d) A dying elm tree.
5. What appears in the window of Cecilia's old bedroom?
(a) A candle shrine.
(b) A revolving Chinese lantern.
(c) Easter decorations.
(d) A stained-glass decoration.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what condition is the Lisbons' basement?
2. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
3. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
4. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
5. Who is Miss Lynn Kilsem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys see when they first look into the Lisbons' home on June 15th?
2. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
3. How do the Lisbon girls save, at least temporarily, their elm tree?
4. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
5. How does Mr. Lisbon's behavior at school change after Cecilia's suicide?
6. What happens on Trip Fontaine's vacation in Acapulco that changes his life significantly?
7. Describe Mary Lisbon's favorite way to pass time during the imprisonment.
8. How did the three older girls end their evening at the dance?
9. What is Dr. Hornicker's opinion of Lux after meeting with her in the hospital?
10. Why is Lux taken by ambulance to the hospital?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)