|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Trip Fontaine's home life?
(a) He lives with his grandparents.
(b) He has a child.
(c) His father is gay.
(d) He lives without electricity.
2. What kind of music does Mrs. Lisbon listen to?
3. What do Trip and Lux do under the bleachers?
(a) Drink peach schnapps.
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Make love.
4. Where do the boys find Trip, years later, to interview him?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In rehab.
(c) Working a construction job.
(d) In Europe.
5. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears in the window of Cecilia's old bedroom?
2. Where do the Lisbon girls spend the Day of Grieving?
3. How does Therese kill herself?
4. Who does Mr. Lisbon think for a few moments is a ghost?
5. What color corsages did the boys get for the Lisbon girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Lisbons deal with their friends' and neighbors' offers of sympathy?
2. Describe Mary Lisbon's favorite way to pass time during the imprisonment.
3. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
4. What rebellious activities does Lux engage in?
5. Describe the state of the Lisbon house in Chapter 4.
6. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
7. What signs did the Lisbon girls show of rejoining the community?
8. What is Dr. Hornicker's opinion of Lux after meeting with her in the hospital?
9. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
10. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)