|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class does Lux Lisbon often skip with Julie Winthrop?
2. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
(a) Teaching piano lessons.
(b) Caring for a houseful of cats.
(c) Knitting sweaters for her grandchildren.
(d) Tending her grandmother's orchids.
3. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
(a) "Reader's Digest."
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her knitting.
(d) Her teddy bear.
4. What is Mary's favorite occupation?
(b) Looking at herself in the mirror.
(c) Reading romance novels.
(d) Watching television.
5. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
(a) For permission to marry Lux.
(b) For a college recommendation.
(c) For permission to take Lux to Homecoming.
(d) For help with his science homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Trip Fontaine's home life?
2. What do the boys find in the basement?
3. What interesting contraption does Mr. Lisbon have in his classroom?
4. At the Lisbons' house, who sits next to Trip?
5. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
2. Describe the state of the Lisbon house in Chapter 4.
3. How do the boys spend the early part of the evening on June 15?
4. What was "The Day of Grieving" and how was it observed?
5. What is Dr. Hornicker's opinion of Lux after meeting with her in the hospital?
6. What rebellious activities does Lux engage in?
7. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
8. What signs did the Lisbon girls show of rejoining the community?
9. Why is Lux taken by ambulance to the hospital?
10. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)