|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
2. Where does Mary go by herself?
(a) The dry cleaner.
(b) The hairdresser.
(c) The post office.
(d) The orthodontist's office.
3. What do the Lisbons do with the flowers they receive?
(a) They put them in vases.
(b) They leave them to rot.
(c) They dry them.
(d) They give them to hospital patients.
4. Whose car do the boys take to the dance?
(a) Parkie Denton's.
(b) Joe Hill Conley's.
(c) Kevin Head's.
(d) Trip Fontaine's.
5. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(b) Smoke marijuana.
(c) Drink alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
2. What does Mr. Lisbon use paint cans for in Chapter 4?
3. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
4. What kind of car does Trip drive?
5. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Lisbon's behavior at school change after Cecilia's suicide?
2. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
3. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
4. How do the Lisbon girls save, at least temporarily, their elm tree?
5. What was "The Day of Grieving" and how was it observed?
6. How do the boys spend the early part of the evening on June 15?
7. What do the boys see when they first look into the Lisbons' home on June 15th?
8. Describe three ways in which the Lisbon girls tried to contact the boys.
9. What signs did the Lisbon girls show of rejoining the community?
10. What happens on Trip Fontaine's vacation in Acapulco that changes his life significantly?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)