|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What annual household chore does Mr. Lisbon ignore this year?
(a) Raking the leaves.
(b) Mulching the flowers.
(c) Removing the screens.
(d) Clearing the gutters.
2. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
(a) They contact them with Therese's radio.
(b) They send a signed letter through the mail.
(c) They leave anonymous notes in mailboxes.
(d) They make prank phone calls.
3. What is Old Mrs. Karafilis' weekly ritual?
(a) She takes a drive through the countryside.
(b) She takes an Epsom salt bath.
(c) She gets a manicure.
(d) She makes a trip to the hairdresser.
4. What kind of music does Mrs. Lisbon listen to?
5. Where does Trip finally make contact with Lux?
(a) In the parking lot.
(b) During math class.
(c) At Assembly.
(d) At lunchtime.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Trip Fontaine get home after the dance?
2. Which of the girls engages in promiscuous sexual relationships?
3. What does Mr. Lisbon use paint cans for in Chapter 4?
4. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
5. Which of these is not an observation made about Lux in the weeks following her removal from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was "The Day of Grieving" and how was it observed?
2. Why is Lux taken by ambulance to the hospital?
3. Describe the state of the Lisbons' basement on June 15th.
4. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
5. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
6. How does Mr. Lisbon's behavior at school change after Cecilia's suicide?
7. Describe Mary Lisbon's favorite way to pass time during the imprisonment.
8. How did Lux's date end?
9. What rebellious activities does Lux engage in?
10. Describe three ways in which the Lisbon girls tried to contact the boys.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)