|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
(a) A dying elm tree.
(b) A rusted-out car.
(c) The Lisbons' fence.
(d) A stone wall.
2. What is Lux's real reason for going to the hospital?
(a) She suspects she's pregnant.
(b) She twists her ankle.
(c) She wants to talk to a therapist.
(d) She has appendicitis.
3. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(b) Drink alcohol.
(c) Smoke marijuana.
4. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
(a) For permission to marry Lux.
(b) For a college recommendation.
(c) For permission to take Lux to Homecoming.
(d) For help with his science homework.
5. How does Therese kill herself?
(a) She takes an overdose of sleeping pills and gin.
(b) She sticks her head in the oven.
(c) She slits her wrists.
(d) She hangs herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lisbon attempt to flush down the toilet?
2. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
3. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
4. What class does Lux Lisbon often skip with Julie Winthrop?
5. Who fetches the Lisbons' mail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mary Lisbon's favorite way to pass time during the imprisonment.
2. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
3. How did the three older girls end their evening at the dance?
4. Describe the state of the Lisbons' basement on June 15th.
5. What rebellious activities does Lux engage in?
6. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
7. How did the Lisbons deal with their friends' and neighbors' offers of sympathy?
8. What happens on Trip Fontaine's vacation in Acapulco that changes his life significantly?
9. What do the boys see when they first look into the Lisbons' home on June 15th?
10. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)