|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary go by herself?
(a) The hairdresser.
(b) The post office.
(c) The orthodontist's office.
(d) The dry cleaner.
2. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(b) Drink alcohol.
(d) Smoke marijuana.
3. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
(a) Tending her grandmother's orchids.
(b) Knitting sweaters for her grandchildren.
(c) Caring for a houseful of cats.
(d) Teaching piano lessons.
4. Where does Trip finally make contact with Lux?
(a) During math class.
(b) In the parking lot.
(c) At Assembly.
(d) At lunchtime.
5. Who visits Lux in the hospital?
(a) Miss Kilsem.
(b) Dr. Hornicker.
(c) Father Moody.
(d) Trip Fontaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
2. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
3. What is different about Trip Fontaine's home life?
4. Where do the boys wait for the Lisbon girls' signal the night of June 15?
5. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on Trip Fontaine's vacation in Acapulco that changes his life significantly?
2. What was "The Day of Grieving" and how was it observed?
3. Describe Mary Lisbon's favorite way to pass time during the imprisonment.
4. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
5. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
6. How do the boys spend the early part of the evening on June 15?
7. Describe the state of the Lisbon house in Chapter 4.
8. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
9. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
10. Describe the physical changes happening to the Lisbon home.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)