|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
(a) Her ham radio.
(b) The telephone.
(c) A pen pal.
(d) She meets a friend in her backyard.
2. What do the boys clean off the Lisbons' house?
(c) Dead fish flies.
(d) Old paint.
3. What happens to Mr. Lisbon over Christmas vacation?
(a) He leaves his job.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He learns to ski.
(d) He buys a new car.
4. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
(a) Their well-stocked bomb shelter.
(b) Regular grocery deliveries.
(c) A friend does their grocery shopping.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon goes shopping regularly.
5. How does Therese kill herself?
(a) She takes an overdose of sleeping pills and gin.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She sticks her head in the oven.
(d) She slits her wrists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
2. Where does Mrs. Lisbon take the girls after removing them from school?
3. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
4. When the boys get to the Lisbon house, who is waiting for them?
5. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
2. Describe the state of the Lisbon house in Chapter 4.
3. Describe Mr. Lisbon's vision of a ghost.
4. Describe three ways in which the Lisbon girls tried to contact the boys.
5. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
6. How do the Lisbon girls save, at least temporarily, their elm tree?
7. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
8. Why is Lux taken by ambulance to the hospital?
9. What signs did the Lisbon girls show of rejoining the community?
10. What happens on Trip Fontaine's vacation in Acapulco that changes his life significantly?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)