|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls attempt to save from certain death?
(a) An injured bird.
(b) A stray cat.
(c) The elm tree in their yard.
(d) A raccoon.
2. What class does Lux Lisbon often skip with Julie Winthrop?
3. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon goes shopping regularly.
(b) Their well-stocked bomb shelter.
(c) Regular grocery deliveries.
(d) A friend does their grocery shopping.
4. What does Bonnie carry on her nightly pilgrimages outside?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) Her pillow.
(c) A laminated picture of the Virgin Mary.
(d) A photo of Cecilia.
5. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
(a) For permission to marry Lux.
(b) For permission to take Lux to Homecoming.
(c) For a college recommendation.
(d) For help with his science homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the boys get to the Lisbon house, who is waiting for them?
2. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
3. What do the boys find in the basement?
4. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
5. What annual household chore does Mr. Lisbon ignore this year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What signs did the Lisbon girls show of rejoining the community?
2. How do the Lisbon girls save, at least temporarily, their elm tree?
3. Describe the state of the Lisbons' basement on June 15th.
4. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
5. How did the Lisbons deal with their friends' and neighbors' offers of sympathy?
6. What happens on Trip Fontaine's vacation in Acapulco that changes his life significantly?
7. What is Dr. Hornicker's opinion of Lux after meeting with her in the hospital?
8. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
9. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
10. Why is Lux taken by ambulance to the hospital?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)