|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
(a) The telephone.
(b) Her ham radio.
(c) She meets a friend in her backyard.
(d) A pen pal.
2. What song's lyrics are published in the newspaper as a possible cause of the Lisbon girls' suicides?
(a) "Virgin Suicide."
(b) "When Youth Sees No Future."
(c) "Bridge Over Troubled Water."
(d) "Cruel Crux."
3. What major project is the Parks Department working on?
(a) Removing the diseased elm trees.
(b) Street sweeping.
(c) Planting spring bulbs.
(d) Filling potholes.
4. What interesting contraption does Mr. Lisbon have in his classroom?
(a) A large fish tank.
(b) A revolving solar system.
(c) Elaborate circuitry boards.
(d) A Venus fly-trap.
5. How does Old Mrs. Karafilis travel up and down stairs?
(a) She uses a walker.
(b) Using a rope tied around her waist.
(c) She walks on her own.
(d) She gets carried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys clean off the Lisbons' house?
2. What do the boys find in the basement?
3. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
4. Which of these is not an observation made about Lux in the weeks following her removal from school?
5. At the Lisbons' house, who sits next to Trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys see when they first look into the Lisbons' home on June 15th?
2. How do the boys spend the early part of the evening on June 15?
3. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
4. How did Lux's date end?
5. How does Mr. Lisbon's behavior at school change after Cecilia's suicide?
6. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
7. Describe the state of the Lisbon house in Chapter 4.
8. What is Dr. Hornicker's opinion of Lux after meeting with her in the hospital?
9. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
10. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)