|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lisbon force Lux to destroy?
(a) Her rock and roll records.
(b) Her sexy clothing.
(c) Some of her books.
(d) Her makeup.
2. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
(a) Their well-stocked bomb shelter.
(b) Mrs. Lisbon goes shopping regularly.
(c) A friend does their grocery shopping.
(d) Regular grocery deliveries.
3. What is Lux's real reason for going to the hospital?
(a) She has appendicitis.
(b) She twists her ankle.
(c) She suspects she's pregnant.
(d) She wants to talk to a therapist.
4. What does Mr. Lisbon attempt to flush down the toilet?
(a) A dead mouse.
(b) Fish flies.
(c) A retainer.
5. What does Mr. Lisbon talk about with the neighborhood fathers who come to visit?
(a) Lawn care.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
2. Which of the following is not a condition of the girls' attendance at the Homecoming dance?
3. Which of his daughters does Mr. Lisbon see eating M&Ms and feel as if she is a stranger?
4. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
5. Where is Lux Lisbon's body found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys spend the early part of the evening on June 15?
2. How did the three older girls end their evening at the dance?
3. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
4. What is Dr. Hornicker's opinion of Lux after meeting with her in the hospital?
5. What was "The Day of Grieving" and how was it observed?
6. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
7. What signs did the Lisbon girls show of rejoining the community?
8. How does Mr. Lisbon's behavior at school change after Cecilia's suicide?
9. Describe the state of the Lisbon house in Chapter 4.
10. What rebellious activities does Lux engage in?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)