|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boys get to the Lisbon house, who is waiting for them?
2. When the boys call the Lisbon girls the second time, what do they do?
(a) They hang up when Lux answers.
(b) They read a poem.
(c) They profess their love for the girls.
(d) They play a song over the phone.
3. What does Bonnie carry on her nightly pilgrimages outside?
(a) A laminated picture of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Her pillow.
(c) A photo of Cecilia.
(d) A teddy bear.
4. Which of these is not an observation made about Lux in the weeks following her removal from school?
(a) She has lost weight.
(b) She has cold sores and is losing a patch of her hair.
(c) She seems to have a large sense of charity.
(d) She seems to enjoy her activities upon the roof.
5. What does Mrs. Lisbon force Lux to destroy?
(a) Her rock and roll records.
(b) Some of her books.
(c) Her sexy clothing.
(d) Her makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color corsages did the boys get for the Lisbon girls?
2. Which of the following is not a condition of the girls' attendance at the Homecoming dance?
3. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
4. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
5. Where does Trip finally make contact with Lux?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
2. What happens on Trip Fontaine's vacation in Acapulco that changes his life significantly?
3. How do the Lisbon girls save, at least temporarily, their elm tree?
4. How did Lux's date end?
5. How do the boys spend the early part of the evening on June 15?
6. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
7. What was "The Day of Grieving" and how was it observed?
8. Why is Lux taken by ambulance to the hospital?
9. Describe three ways in which the Lisbon girls tried to contact the boys.
10. What do the boys see when they first look into the Lisbons' home on June 15th?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)