|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boys get to the Lisbon house, who is waiting for them?
2. What does Mrs. Lisbon force Lux to destroy?
(a) Her makeup.
(b) Her rock and roll records.
(c) Her sexy clothing.
(d) Some of her books.
3. What do the Lisbons and Trip watch on TV?
(a) The news.
(b) A concert.
(c) A Disney program.
4. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
(a) A friend does their grocery shopping.
(b) Their well-stocked bomb shelter.
(c) Regular grocery deliveries.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon goes shopping regularly.
5. Where do the boys wait for the Lisbon girls' signal the night of June 15?
(a) Hidden in the Lisbons' yard.
(b) In their old treehouse.
(c) On the Larsons' roof.
(d) In the Buells' attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annual household chore does Mr. Lisbon ignore this year?
2. Who is Miss Lynn Kilsem?
3. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
4. Which of his daughters does Mr. Lisbon see eating M&Ms and feel as if she is a stranger?
5. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rebellious activities does Lux engage in?
2. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
3. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
4. How do the Lisbon girls save, at least temporarily, their elm tree?
5. Describe Mr. Lisbon's vision of a ghost.
6. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
7. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
8. What do the boys see when they first look into the Lisbons' home on June 15th?
9. Describe three ways in which the Lisbon girls tried to contact the boys.
10. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)