|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Old Mrs. Karafilis travel up and down stairs?
(a) She walks on her own.
(b) Using a rope tied around her waist.
(c) She uses a walker.
(d) She gets carried.
2. Who fetches the Lisbons' mail?
(c) Mrs. Lisbon.
(d) Mr. Lisbon.
3. What appears in the window of Cecilia's old bedroom?
(a) A stained-glass decoration.
(b) Easter decorations.
(c) A candle shrine.
(d) A revolving Chinese lantern.
4. Whose idea is the "Day of Grieving"?
(a) Mrs. Woodhouse's.
(b) Mr. Lisbon's.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse's.
(d) Miss Arndt's.
5. What does Mrs. Lisbon force Lux to destroy?
(a) Her makeup.
(b) Her rock and roll records.
(c) Some of her books.
(d) Her sexy clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
2. Where does Mrs. Lisbon take the girls after removing them from school?
3. Where is Lux Lisbon's body found?
4. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
5. Where do the boys find Trip, years later, to interview him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the state of the Lisbons' basement on June 15th.
2. Describe Mr. Lisbon's vision of a ghost.
3. Describe three ways in which the Lisbon girls tried to contact the boys.
4. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
5. How do the Lisbon girls save, at least temporarily, their elm tree?
6. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
7. How do the boys spend the early part of the evening on June 15?
8. How did Lux's date end?
9. What rebellious activities does Lux engage in?
10. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)