|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) A flannel nightgown.
(b) A coat.
(c) Pants and a sweater.
(d) A sundress.
2. What do the girls attempt to save from certain death?
(a) An injured bird.
(b) The elm tree in their yard.
(c) A stray cat.
(d) A raccoon.
3. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
(a) Home baseball games.
(b) Spring carnival.
(d) A May Day dance.
4. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
(a) Regular grocery deliveries.
(b) Their well-stocked bomb shelter.
(c) A friend does their grocery shopping.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon goes shopping regularly.
5. What is Lux observed doing on the roof of the house?
(b) Making love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonnie carry on her nightly pilgrimages outside?
2. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
3. Whose car do the boys take to the dance?
4. Where do the boys find Trip, years later, to interview him?
5. What is different about Trip Fontaine's home life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys spend the early part of the evening on June 15?
2. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
3. What do the boys see when they first look into the Lisbons' home on June 15th?
4. How did the Lisbons deal with their friends' and neighbors' offers of sympathy?
5. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
6. Describe Mr. Lisbon's vision of a ghost.
7. What signs did the Lisbon girls show of rejoining the community?
8. How does Mr. Lisbon's behavior at school change after Cecilia's suicide?
9. What rebellious activities does Lux engage in?
10. What was "The Day of Grieving" and how was it observed?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)