|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
(a) Tends a small flower garden.
(b) Takes a walk.
(c) Has a chat with Uncle Tucker.
(d) Says a rosary for Cecilia.
2. What appears in the window of Cecilia's old bedroom?
(a) A candle shrine.
(b) A stained-glass decoration.
(c) Easter decorations.
(d) A revolving Chinese lantern.
3. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
(a) She meets a friend in her backyard.
(b) The telephone.
(c) A pen pal.
(d) Her ham radio.
4. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
(b) The newspaper.
5. What happens to Mr. Lisbon over Christmas vacation?
(a) He buys a new car.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He learns to ski.
(d) He leaves his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys clean off the Lisbons' house?
2. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
3. What do the Lisbons and Trip watch on TV?
4. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
5. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Hornicker's opinion of Lux after meeting with her in the hospital?
2. How does Mr. Lisbon's behavior at school change after Cecilia's suicide?
3. How did the Lisbons deal with their friends' and neighbors' offers of sympathy?
4. Describe the physical changes happening to the Lisbon home.
5. Describe the state of the Lisbon house in Chapter 4.
6. Why is Lux taken by ambulance to the hospital?
7. Describe three ways in which the Lisbon girls tried to contact the boys.
8. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
9. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
10. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)