|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boys get to the Lisbon house, who is waiting for them?
2. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
(a) Has a chat with Uncle Tucker.
(b) Takes a walk.
(c) Says a rosary for Cecilia.
(d) Tends a small flower garden.
3. What are the green pamphlets sent out by the Chamber of Commerce about?
(a) Local elections.
(b) Dutch elm disease.
(c) Teenage suicide.
(d) Energy conservation.
4. What do the boys clean off the Lisbons' house?
(a) Old paint.
(b) Dead fish flies.
5. What do the Lisbons do with the flowers they receive?
(a) They put them in vases.
(b) They dry them.
(c) They leave them to rot.
(d) They give them to hospital patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his daughters does Mr. Lisbon see eating M&Ms and feel as if she is a stranger?
2. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
3. Where does Mrs. Lisbon take the girls after removing them from school?
4. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
5. How does Trip Fontaine get home after the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
2. How did the three older girls end their evening at the dance?
3. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
4. Why is Lux taken by ambulance to the hospital?
5. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
6. What happens on Trip Fontaine's vacation in Acapulco that changes his life significantly?
7. What was "The Day of Grieving" and how was it observed?
8. What signs did the Lisbon girls show of rejoining the community?
9. Describe the physical changes happening to the Lisbon home.
10. Describe Mary Lisbon's favorite way to pass time during the imprisonment.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)