|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
(a) Laminated pictures of the Virgin Mary.
(c) Plastic flowers.
(d) Notes from the Lisbon girls.
2. Where do the Lisbon girls spend the Day of Grieving?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) At home.
(c) Outside, behind the school.
(d) In their homerooms.
3. What do the boys clean off the Lisbons' house?
(a) Dead fish flies.
(c) Old paint.
4. What do the Lisbons do with the flowers they receive?
(a) They leave them to rot.
(b) They put them in vases.
(c) They dry them.
(d) They give them to hospital patients.
5. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
(a) Caring for a houseful of cats.
(b) Knitting sweaters for her grandchildren.
(c) Tending her grandmother's orchids.
(d) Teaching piano lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
2. In what condition is the Lisbons' basement?
3. What do the Lisbons and Trip watch on TV?
4. What class does Lux Lisbon often skip with Julie Winthrop?
5. What kind of car does Trip drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
2. How does Mr. Lisbon's behavior at school change after Cecilia's suicide?
3. Describe the state of the Lisbon house in Chapter 4.
4. How do the Lisbon girls save, at least temporarily, their elm tree?
5. What was "The Day of Grieving" and how was it observed?
6. What is Dr. Hornicker's opinion of Lux after meeting with her in the hospital?
7. Why is Trip so flummoxed by his attraction to Lux?
8. Describe the state of the Lisbons' basement on June 15th.
9. What was the media's first reaction to Cecilia's suicide, and why?
10. What happens on Trip Fontaine's vacation in Acapulco that changes his life significantly?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)