|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Lynn Kilsem?
(a) A new student.
(b) The school secretary.
(c) The Spanish teacher.
(d) The school social worker.
2. Who fetches the Lisbons' mail?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon.
(d) Mr. Lisbon.
3. How does Old Mrs. Karafilis travel up and down stairs?
(a) She walks on her own.
(b) She uses a walker.
(c) She gets carried.
(d) Using a rope tied around her waist.
4. How does Trip Fontaine get home after the dance?
(a) He calls his father for a ride.
(b) He takes a cab with Lux.
(c) He walks.
(d) He rides in Parkie's car with the others.
5. Where do the boys find Trip, years later, to interview him?
(a) Working a construction job.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In Europe.
(d) In rehab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lisbon often bring home for his daughters?
2. What do Lux and Julie do instead of going to class?
3. What is Lux observed doing on the roof of the house?
4. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
5. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
2. How does Mr. Lisbon's behavior at school change after Cecilia's suicide?
3. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
4. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
5. Why is Lux taken by ambulance to the hospital?
6. Describe the state of the Lisbon house in Chapter 4.
7. What do the boys see when they first look into the Lisbons' home on June 15th?
8. Describe Mary Lisbon's favorite way to pass time during the imprisonment.
9. What was "The Day of Grieving" and how was it observed?
10. What happens on Trip Fontaine's vacation in Acapulco that changes his life significantly?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)