|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cecilia first attempt suicide?
(a) Slitting her wrists.
(b) Taking sleeping pills.
(c) Hanging herself.
(d) Jumping out of her window.
2. What prompts Lux to write all over her binder and her underwear?
(a) Seeing a boy with his shirt off.
(b) Hearing a new song she loved.
(c) Watching a movie with her favorite actor.
(d) Stroking a whale.
3. Which boy is the only one who has been allowed into the Lisbon home?
(a) Dominic Palazzolo.
(b) Peter Sissen.
(c) Joe Larson.
(d) Paul Baldino.
4. Which of these things is not found in Cecilia's room by Lucy Brock?
(a) Tarot cards.
(b) A zodiac mobile.
(c) A Ouija board.
(d) Black underwear.
5. What does Paul say the concrete tree stump in his yard is?
(a) A barbecue.
(b) The entrance to a secret tunnel.
(c) A safe.
(d) A fountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lisbon notice about her daughter's appearance inside the casket?
2. Which of the Lisbon girls is the last to attempt suicide?
3. What major event has never happened in the town during the boys' lifetimes?
4. On whom does Dominic Palazzano have a crush?
5. Which of these is NOT something the boys get Joe to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cecilia Lisbon die?
2. What does the cemetery where Cecilia's service is held look like?
3. What are Cecilia's two moods toward the end of the diary?
4. When Peter Sissen reports back to the boys about his time inside the Lisbon house, what does Paul Baldino vow to do?
5. How did the boys obtain Cecilia's diary?
6. What were Mr. Lisbon's problems with the cemeteries he visited?
7. Describe a few of the changes the boys noticed at the Lisbon house after Cecilia came home from the hospital.
8. How does the Lisbon girls' party differ from other parties the boys have attended?
9. What does Peter Sissen find in the Lisbon girls' bathroom?
10. Describe Cecilia Lisbon's first attempt at suicide.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)