|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cecilia first attempt suicide?
(a) Jumping out of her window.
(b) Hanging herself.
(c) Slitting her wrists.
(d) Taking sleeping pills.
2. When, according to the boys, had "the majority of the dying" occurred?
(a) During the Vietnam War.
(b) During World War II.
(c) During the Korean War.
(d) During a major influenza epidemic.
3. Which boy is known as the brainy one?
(a) Tim Winer.
(b) Kevin Head.
(c) Chase Buell.
(d) David Barker.
4. What is found hanging from a crucifix in one of the girls' rooms?
(a) A scarf.
(c) A brassiere.
5. Which girl has a secret stash of makeup under the bathroom sink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister has her own bedroom?
2. What does Mrs. Lisbon notice about her daughter's appearance inside the casket?
3. Who finds Cecilia after her first suicide attempt?
4. What is Mr. Lisbon's hobby?
5. What does Mr. Lisbon find Cecilia doing in preparation for the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cecilia's ascent from the party to her bedroom.
2. What signs did the Lisbon girls show of rejoining the community?
3. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Lux's disobedience?
4. What happened to the Baldino family in the months after the Lisbon girls' deaths?
5. How did the three older girls end their evening at the dance?
6. Describe Mr. Lisbon's vision of a ghost.
7. What is Dr. Hornicker's latest theory about the girls' suicides?
8. How does Mary spend her time at home after her stay in the hospital?
9. How did Lux's date end?
10. Describe three ways in which the Lisbon girls tried to contact the boys.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)