|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When, according to the boys, had "the majority of the dying" occurred?
(a) During World War II.
(b) During the Korean War.
(c) During a major influenza epidemic.
(d) During the Vietnam War.
2. What does Mrs. Lisbon notice about her daughter's appearance inside the casket?
(a) Her chapped lips.
(b) Her bitten fingernails.
(c) Her dry skin.
(d) Her bony knees.
3. What happens just as the paramedics arrive?
(a) The Lisbons' sprinkler system goes on.
(b) The telephone rings.
(c) It begins to rain.
(d) The ice cream truck comes down the street.
4. Which of the Lisbon girls is the first to attempt suicide?
5. Who takes Cecilia's diary from the Lisbon house?
(a) The plumber's assistant.
(b) The electrician.
(c) The chimney sweep.
(d) The plumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Cecilia after her first suicide attempt?
2. What kind of music does Cecilia like to listen to?
3. Where does Dominic end up moving to?
4. What does Dominic do to prove his love?
5. What reassuring noise do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon hear as the girls get ready for the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrators' final conclusion about the girls' suicides?
2. What kind of night do the boys have at Alice O'Connor's party?
3. What does Mr. Hedlie do at the Lisbon house?
4. What is the coroner's reaction to the bodies of the Lisbon girls?
5. What scene awaits the boys as they return home from Alice O'Connor's party?
6. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
7. Why were the boys happy that Joe came to the party?
8. What happened to the Baldino family in the months after the Lisbon girls' deaths?
9. How did the emergency workers retrieve Cecilia's body?
10. What do the adult boys discover about Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon after speaking to Mr. Lisbon?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)