Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Lisbon girls is the last to attempt suicide?
2. How long before her death does Cecilia begin writing her diary?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) A year and a half.
3. Who finds Cecilia after her first suicide attempt?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon.
(b) Peter Sissen.
(c) Lux Lisbon.
(d) Paul Baldino.
4. Whose late arrival gives life to the party?
(a) Jeff Maldrum.
(b) Sammy "the Shark" Baldino.
(d) Dominic Palazzano.
5. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon not find Cecilia's demeanor during the party strange?
(a) She is just as sociable as usual.
(b) She isn't feeling well.
(c) She is always quiet with company.
(d) She is on drugs that made her sleepy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Lisbon sister used a depilatory wax?
2. What happens just as the paramedics arrive?
3. Which of the Lisbon girls is the first to attempt suicide?
4. What is Cecilia holding when she is taken to the hospital?
5. Which sister interrupts one of the boys in his search through their bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What signs did the Lisbon girls show of rejoining the community?
2. How did Trip Fontaine "make his move" regarding Lux?
3. Describe the state of the Lisbons' basement on June 15th.
4. What did Mary look like when she was found dead?
5. How did the emergency workers retrieve Cecilia's body?
6. How does the Lisbon girls' party differ from other parties the boys have attended?
7. What are Cecilia's two moods toward the end of the diary?
8. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
9. Who was Dominic Palazzano and what was his part in Cecilia's story?
10. How does Mary spend her time at home after her stay in the hospital?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)