|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before her death does Cecilia begin writing her diary?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) Six months.
(d) Nine months.
2. How does Cecilia succeed in killing herself?
(a) She takes sleeping pills.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She slits her wrists.
(d) She impales herself on a fence.
3. Which sister has her own bedroom?
4. What is found hanging from a crucifix in one of the girls' rooms?
(c) A brassiere.
(d) A scarf.
5. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon not find Cecilia's demeanor during the party strange?
(a) She isn't feeling well.
(b) She is always quiet with company.
(c) She is on drugs that made her sleepy.
(d) She is just as sociable as usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lisbon show the boys during the party?
2. What happens just as the paramedics arrive?
3. What is one of Cecilia's major subjects near the end of the diary?
4. Why are no bodies being buried during Chapter 2?
5. What is Mrs. Lisbon serving at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major revelation do the boys have upon entering the Lisbon girls' party?
2. How does the Lisbon girls' party differ from other parties the boys have attended?
3. Describe the appearance of Cecilia's diary.
4. What were Mr. Lisbon's problems with the cemeteries he visited?
5. What does the cemetery where Cecilia's service is held look like?
6. What does Peter Sissen find in the Lisbon girls' bathroom?
7. When Peter Sissen reports back to the boys about his time inside the Lisbon house, what does Paul Baldino vow to do?
8. Why does Mr. Lisbon have to take a tour of several cemeteries?
9. What did Cecilia do on the last day of her life?
10. Describe Cecilia's ascent from the party to her bedroom.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)