|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accessory is Cecilia wearing at the party?
2. What does Cecilia do for the majority of the afternoon on the day she died?
(a) She reads a magazine.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) She helps decorate the house.
(d) She takes a bath.
3. What prompts Lux to write all over her binder and her underwear?
(a) Hearing a new song she loved.
(b) Stroking a whale.
(c) Watching a movie with her favorite actor.
(d) Seeing a boy with his shirt off.
4. Who, in the boys' collective memory, has died recently?
(a) A great-uncle.
(b) Family dogs.
(c) A grandmother.
(d) A town librarian.
5. Who finds Cecilia after her first suicide attempt?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon.
(b) Peter Sissen.
(c) Lux Lisbon.
(d) Paul Baldino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul say the concrete tree stump in his yard is?
2. Whose late arrival gives life to the party?
3. Where is Dominic from?
4. How much time elapses between the first Lisbon girl's attempt at suicide and the last Lisbon girl's attempt?
5. There is a rumor that which Lisbon girl has a crush on Dominic Palazzano?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cecilia's ascent from the party to her bedroom.
2. What does the cemetery where Cecilia's service is held look like?
3. Describe a few of the changes the boys noticed at the Lisbon house after Cecilia came home from the hospital.
4. How did Cecilia Lisbon die?
5. Describe the appearance of Cecilia's diary.
6. Describe Cecilia Lisbon's first attempt at suicide.
7. What were Mr. Lisbon's problems with the cemeteries he visited?
8. What does Cecilia look like in her coffin?
9. When Peter Sissen reports back to the boys about his time inside the Lisbon house, what does Paul Baldino vow to do?
10. What did Cecilia do on the last day of her life?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)