|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people know that Cecilia has attempted suicide a second time?
(a) They hear her fall.
(b) They hear her scream.
(c) One of her sisters finds her.
(d) They see it happen.
2. Where are the scars Cecilia tried to hide?
(a) On her wrists.
(b) On her legs.
(c) On her face.
(d) On her neck.
3. On whom does Dominic Palazzano have a crush?
(a) Cecilia Lisbon.
(b) Lux Lisbon.
(c) Amy Schraff.
(d) Diana Porter.
4. From where do the boys watch the paramedics arrive at the Lisbon house?
(a) Mr. Larson's Oldsmobile.
(b) The Lisbons' porch.
(c) The Lisbons' yard.
(d) The roof of the neighbors' house.
5. What does Mr. Lisbon say was Cecilia's state of mind the day she killed herself?
(a) Angry about having to help with the party.
(c) Pleased about the upcoming party.
(d) Very sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found hanging from a crucifix in one of the girls' rooms?
2. What does Mr. Lisbon show the boys during the party?
3. What reassuring noise do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon hear as the girls get ready for the party?
4. What does Mrs. Pitzenberger think she sees in Cecilia's hand?
5. Which Lisbon sister used a depilatory wax?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the boys happy that Joe came to the party?
2. Name three events the boys read about in Cecilia's diary.
3. Describe the appearance of Cecilia's diary.
4. What were Mr. Lisbon's problems with the cemeteries he visited?
5. What does Cecilia look like in her coffin?
6. What are Cecilia's two moods toward the end of the diary?
7. Describe a few of the changes the boys noticed at the Lisbon house after Cecilia came home from the hospital.
8. Describe Cecilia Lisbon's first attempt at suicide.
9. How did the emergency workers retrieve Cecilia's body?
10. What happens in the Baldinos' backyard to arouse neighborhood suspicions?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)