|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sister has her own bedroom?
2. Which of the Lisbon girls is the first to attempt suicide?
3. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Cecilia's asking to leave the party?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is sad.
(d) She doesn't care.
4. Who takes Cecilia's diary from the Lisbon house?
(a) The chimney sweep.
(b) The plumber's assistant.
(c) The electrician.
(d) The plumber.
5. How does Cecilia succeed in killing herself?
(a) She impales herself on a fence.
(b) She slits her wrists.
(c) She takes sleeping pills.
(d) She hangs herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister interrupts one of the boys in his search through their bathroom?
2. There is a rumor that which Lisbon girl has a crush on Dominic Palazzano?
3. What does Paul say the concrete tree stump in his yard is?
4. What does Cecilia do for the majority of the afternoon on the day she died?
5. When, according to the boys, had "the majority of the dying" occurred?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of Cecilia's diary.
2. What major revelation do the boys have upon entering the Lisbon girls' party?
3. Why does Mr. Lisbon have to take a tour of several cemeteries?
4. Who was Dominic Palazzano and what was his part in Cecilia's story?
5. How does the Lisbon girls' party differ from other parties the boys have attended?
6. What happens in the Baldinos' backyard to arouse neighborhood suspicions?
7. What does Cecilia look like in her coffin?
8. What did Cecilia do on the last day of her life?
9. Describe Cecilia Lisbon's first attempt at suicide.
10. Describe Cecilia's ascent from the party to her bedroom.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)