|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose late arrival gives life to the party?
(a) Jeff Maldrum.
(c) Sammy "the Shark" Baldino.
(d) Dominic Palazzano.
2. Which Lisbon sister used a depilatory wax?
3. What does Mr. Lisbon find Cecilia doing in preparation for the party?
(a) Tying balloons to the ceiling.
(c) Hanging streamers.
(d) Baking cookies.
4. Who leaves the party early?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon.
(b) Joe the Retard.
(c) Cecilia Lisbon.
(d) Diana Porter.
5. On whom does Dominic Palazzano have a crush?
(a) Lux Lisbon.
(b) Amy Schraff.
(c) Diana Porter.
(d) Cecilia Lisbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lisbon's profession?
2. What major event has never happened in the town during the boys' lifetimes?
3. Which Lisbon girl has a chipped tooth?
4. Which boy is the only one who has been allowed into the Lisbon home?
5. What garment does Cecilia always wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cecilia do on the last day of her life?
2. What do the boys see when they first look into the Lisbons' home on June 15th?
3. Describe a few of the changes the boys noticed at the Lisbon house after Cecilia came home from the hospital.
4. What scene awaits the boys as they return home from Alice O'Connor's party?
5. What is Dr. Hornicker's latest theory about the girls' suicides?
6. What is the narrators' final conclusion about the girls' suicides?
7. What is Dr. Hornicker's opinion of Lux after meeting with her in the hospital?
8. How did Lux's date end?
9. How does Mr. Lisbon's behavior at school change after Cecilia's suicide?
10. What do the boys make of Therese's ham radio conversations?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)