|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what is Cecilia buried?
(a) Her nightgown.
(b) A blue flowered dress.
(c) A beige dress with a lace collar.
(d) The wedding dress she always wore.
2. What does Cecilia do for the majority of the afternoon on the day she died?
(a) She helps decorate the house.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) She takes a bath.
(d) She reads a magazine.
3. Which Lisbon girl is thought of as "the weird sister"?
4. What does Mr. Lisbon say was Cecilia's state of mind the day she killed herself?
(a) Pleased about the upcoming party.
(b) Very sad.
(d) Angry about having to help with the party.
5. Who files past Cecilia's open casket?
(a) The entire Lisbon family.
(b) Cecilia's sisters.
(c) Cecilia's parents.
(d) All of the mourners.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whom does Dominic Palazzano have a crush?
2. Why are no bodies being buried during Chapter 2?
3. Which boy is known as the brainy one?
4. What does Mr. Lisbon show the boys during the party?
5. Which sister has her own bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cecilia look like in her coffin?
2. What major revelation do the boys have upon entering the Lisbon girls' party?
3. What were Mr. Lisbon's problems with the cemeteries he visited?
4. Describe Cecilia's ascent from the party to her bedroom.
5. Describe Cecilia Lisbon's first attempt at suicide.
6. How does the Lisbon girls' party differ from other parties the boys have attended?
7. What happens in the Baldinos' backyard to arouse neighborhood suspicions?
8. What are Cecilia's two moods toward the end of the diary?
9. How did Cecilia Lisbon die?
10. Name three events the boys read about in Cecilia's diary.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)