|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon goes shopping regularly.
(b) A friend does their grocery shopping.
(c) Their well-stocked bomb shelter.
(d) Regular grocery deliveries.
2. What do Lux and Julie do instead of going to class?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Meet boys behind the school.
(c) Read magazines.
(d) Go out for coffee.
3. Where do the Lisbon girls spend the Day of Grieving?
(a) In their homerooms.
(b) At home.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Outside, behind the school.
4. What does Mr. Lisbon attempt to flush down the toilet?
(a) A retainer.
(c) A dead mouse.
(d) Fish flies.
5. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(d) Smoke marijuana.
6. What does Mr. Lisbon often bring home for his daughters?
(d) Comic books.
7. Which of these is not an observation made about Lux in the weeks following her removal from school?
(a) She seems to have a large sense of charity.
(b) She seems to enjoy her activities upon the roof.
(c) She has lost weight.
(d) She has cold sores and is losing a patch of her hair.
8. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
(a) Has a chat with Uncle Tucker.
(b) Takes a walk.
(c) Says a rosary for Cecilia.
(d) Tends a small flower garden.
9. What does Trip do when faced with the headmaster one afternoon after returning from his car?
(a) He walks right by him.
(b) He turns and leaves school.
(c) He dashes to the bathroom.
(d) He ducks into the wrong classroom.
10. What does Mr. Lisbon use paint cans for in Chapter 4?
(a) Watering plants.
(b) Mixing paint.
(c) Catching water leaks.
(d) Storing tools.
11. What class does Lux Lisbon often skip with Julie Winthrop?
12. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
(b) The newspaper.
13. What does Bonnie carry on her nightly pilgrimages outside?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A laminated picture of the Virgin Mary.
(c) A photo of Cecilia.
(d) Her pillow.
14. What do the girls attempt to save from certain death?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) The elm tree in their yard.
(c) An injured bird.
(d) A stray cat.
15. What major project is the Parks Department working on?
(a) Street sweeping.
(b) Filling potholes.
(c) Removing the diseased elm trees.
(d) Planting spring bulbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interesting contraption does Mr. Lisbon have in his classroom?
2. What do the boys find in the basement?
3. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
4. What are the green pamphlets sent out by the Chamber of Commerce about?
5. Where does Mary go by herself?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)