|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Lisbon use paint cans for in Chapter 4?
(a) Mixing paint.
(b) Watering plants.
(c) Catching water leaks.
(d) Storing tools.
2. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
(a) The Lisbons' fence.
(b) A rusted-out car.
(c) A stone wall.
(d) A dying elm tree.
3. Which of the girls engages in promiscuous sexual relationships?
4. Which of his daughters does Mr. Lisbon see eating M&Ms and feel as if she is a stranger?
5. What is Lux observed doing on the roof of the house?
(c) Making love.
6. Which of these is not an observation made about Lux in the weeks following her removal from school?
(a) She seems to enjoy her activities upon the roof.
(b) She has cold sores and is losing a patch of her hair.
(c) She seems to have a large sense of charity.
(d) She has lost weight.
7. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(c) Smoke marijuana.
(d) Drink alcohol.
8. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
(a) Laminated pictures of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Notes from the Lisbon girls.
(c) Plastic flowers.
9. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
(a) Her own house in the neighborhood.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) The Karafilis' attic.
(d) The Karafilis' basement.
10. What do the Lisbons do with the flowers they receive?
(a) They leave them to rot.
(b) They give them to hospital patients.
(c) They dry them.
(d) They put them in vases.
11. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
(a) Teaching piano lessons.
(b) Knitting sweaters for her grandchildren.
(c) Tending her grandmother's orchids.
(d) Caring for a houseful of cats.
12. What does Trip do when faced with the headmaster one afternoon after returning from his car?
(a) He ducks into the wrong classroom.
(b) He walks right by him.
(c) He turns and leaves school.
(d) He dashes to the bathroom.
13. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
(b) The newspaper.
14. How does Old Mrs. Karafilis travel up and down stairs?
(a) She gets carried.
(b) She uses a walker.
(c) Using a rope tied around her waist.
(d) She walks on her own.
15. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
(a) They leave anonymous notes in mailboxes.
(b) They make prank phone calls.
(c) They contact them with Therese's radio.
(d) They send a signed letter through the mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Lux in the hospital?
2. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
3. What interesting contraption does Mr. Lisbon have in his classroom?
4. What do Trip and Lux do under the bleachers?
5. What do the Lisbons and Trip watch on TV?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)