|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Lisbon over Christmas vacation?
(a) He learns to ski.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He buys a new car.
(d) He leaves his job.
2. How does Therese kill herself?
(a) She slits her wrists.
(b) She sticks her head in the oven.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She takes an overdose of sleeping pills and gin.
3. What are the green pamphlets sent out by the Chamber of Commerce about?
(a) Energy conservation.
(b) Dutch elm disease.
(c) Local elections.
(d) Teenage suicide.
4. What do Lux and Julie do instead of going to class?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Read magazines.
(c) Go out for coffee.
(d) Meet boys behind the school.
5. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
6. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
(a) The newspaper.
7. What does Mr. Lisbon talk about with the neighborhood fathers who come to visit?
(b) Lawn care.
8. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
(a) Plastic flowers.
(b) Laminated pictures of the Virgin Mary.
(d) Notes from the Lisbon girls.
9. What does Mr. Lisbon often bring home for his daughters?
(c) Comic books.
10. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
(a) A pen pal.
(b) Her ham radio.
(c) The telephone.
(d) She meets a friend in her backyard.
11. Where does Trip finally make contact with Lux?
(a) In the parking lot.
(b) At Assembly.
(c) During math class.
(d) At lunchtime.
12. Whose car do the boys take to the dance?
(a) Joe Hill Conley's.
(b) Parkie Denton's.
(c) Kevin Head's.
(d) Trip Fontaine's.
13. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
14. What do the boys see Mary bring into her bedroom a few nights after their extended telephone exchange?
(a) A black trunk.
(b) A stray cat.
(c) A card table.
(d) A suitcase.
15. Who is Miss Lynn Kilsem?
(a) The Spanish teacher.
(b) The school secretary.
(c) The school social worker.
(d) A new student.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the boys get to the Lisbon house, who is waiting for them?
2. What is different about Trip Fontaine's home life?
3. Where is Lux Lisbon's body found?
4. What class does Lux Lisbon often skip with Julie Winthrop?
5. What is Lux's real reason for going to the hospital?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)