|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Lisbons do with the flowers they receive?
(a) They dry them.
(b) They put them in vases.
(c) They leave them to rot.
(d) They give them to hospital patients.
2. Who visits Lux in the hospital?
(a) Miss Kilsem.
(b) Father Moody.
(c) Trip Fontaine.
(d) Dr. Hornicker.
3. Where do the Lisbon girls spend the Day of Grieving?
(a) At home.
(b) Outside, behind the school.
(c) In their homerooms.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. Whose car do the boys take to the dance?
(a) Trip Fontaine's.
(b) Joe Hill Conley's.
(c) Parkie Denton's.
(d) Kevin Head's.
5. Who is Linda Perl?
(a) A teacher at the high school.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A friend of Mrs. Lisbon's.
(d) The girls' therapist.
6. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
(a) Tends a small flower garden.
(b) Has a chat with Uncle Tucker.
(c) Says a rosary for Cecilia.
(d) Takes a walk.
7. Where do the boys find Trip, years later, to interview him?
(a) Working a construction job.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In rehab.
(d) In Europe.
8. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
(a) The Karafilis' basement.
(b) Her own house in the neighborhood.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) The Karafilis' attic.
9. When the boys call the Lisbon girls the second time, what do they do?
(a) They profess their love for the girls.
(b) They play a song over the phone.
(c) They read a poem.
(d) They hang up when Lux answers.
10. What do Trip and Lux do under the bleachers?
(b) Drink peach schnapps.
(c) Smoke cigarettes.
(d) Make love.
11. Where does Mary go by herself?
(a) The post office.
(b) The orthodontist's office.
(c) The dry cleaner.
(d) The hairdresser.
12. What song's lyrics are published in the newspaper as a possible cause of the Lisbon girls' suicides?
(a) "When Youth Sees No Future."
(b) "Virgin Suicide."
(c) "Bridge Over Troubled Water."
(d) "Cruel Crux."
13. What do the boys see Mary bring into her bedroom a few nights after their extended telephone exchange?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A card table.
(c) A black trunk.
(d) A stray cat.
14. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) Pants and a sweater.
(b) A coat.
(c) A flannel nightgown.
(d) A sundress.
15. Where does Mrs. Lisbon take the girls after removing them from school?
(a) To their grandmother's.
(b) To a military school.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To visit Cecilia's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys clean off the Lisbons' house?
2. Which of his daughters does Mr. Lisbon see eating M&Ms and feel as if she is a stranger?
3. What kind of car does Trip drive?
4. How does Old Mrs. Karafilis travel up and down stairs?
5. What does Bonnie carry on her nightly pilgrimages outside?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)