|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears in the window of Cecilia's old bedroom?
(a) Easter decorations.
(b) A candle shrine.
(c) A revolving Chinese lantern.
(d) A stained-glass decoration.
2. When the boys call the Lisbon girls the second time, what do they do?
(a) They read a poem.
(b) They profess their love for the girls.
(c) They play a song over the phone.
(d) They hang up when Lux answers.
3. What is Lux's real reason for going to the hospital?
(a) She suspects she's pregnant.
(b) She twists her ankle.
(c) She has appendicitis.
(d) She wants to talk to a therapist.
4. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
(a) The Lisbons' fence.
(b) A rusted-out car.
(c) A dying elm tree.
(d) A stone wall.
5. What does Mrs. Lisbon force Lux to destroy?
(a) Some of her books.
(b) Her sexy clothing.
(c) Her makeup.
(d) Her rock and roll records.
6. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) A flannel nightgown.
(b) A coat.
(c) A sundress.
(d) Pants and a sweater.
7. What song's lyrics are published in the newspaper as a possible cause of the Lisbon girls' suicides?
(a) "Cruel Crux."
(b) "When Youth Sees No Future."
(c) "Virgin Suicide."
(d) "Bridge Over Troubled Water."
8. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
(a) They contact them with Therese's radio.
(b) They make prank phone calls.
(c) They send a signed letter through the mail.
(d) They leave anonymous notes in mailboxes.
9. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(a) Smoke marijuana.
(d) Drink alcohol.
10. Who is Linda Perl?
(a) The girls' therapist.
(b) A friend of Mrs. Lisbon's.
(c) A teacher at the high school.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
11. What is Lux observed doing on the roof of the house?
(c) Making love.
12. What do Trip and Lux do under the bleachers?
(a) Drink peach schnapps.
(b) Make love.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
13. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
(a) For help with his science homework.
(b) For permission to marry Lux.
(c) For permission to take Lux to Homecoming.
(d) For a college recommendation.
14. Where is Lux Lisbon's body found?
(a) In the car in the garage.
(b) In the basement.
(c) Outside on the lawn.
(d) In her bed.
15. Which of his daughters does Mr. Lisbon see eating M&Ms and feel as if she is a stranger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys clean off the Lisbons' house?
2. What kind of music does Mrs. Lisbon listen to?
3. What are the green pamphlets sent out by the Chamber of Commerce about?
4. Who is Miss Lynn Kilsem?
5. Which of these is not an observation made about Lux in the weeks following her removal from school?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)