|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his daughters does Mr. Lisbon see eating M&Ms and feel as if she is a stranger?
2. What happens to Mr. Lisbon over Christmas vacation?
(a) He learns to ski.
(b) He buys a new car.
(c) He leaves his job.
(d) He has a heart attack.
3. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
4. What does Mrs. Lisbon force Lux to destroy?
(a) Her rock and roll records.
(b) Her sexy clothing.
(c) Some of her books.
(d) Her makeup.
5. Which of these is not an observation made about Lux in the weeks following her removal from school?
(a) She seems to enjoy her activities upon the roof.
(b) She has cold sores and is losing a patch of her hair.
(c) She seems to have a large sense of charity.
(d) She has lost weight.
6. What major project is the Parks Department working on?
(a) Planting spring bulbs.
(b) Removing the diseased elm trees.
(c) Filling potholes.
(d) Street sweeping.
7. Where do the boys wait for the Lisbon girls' signal the night of June 15?
(a) Hidden in the Lisbons' yard.
(b) In their old treehouse.
(c) In the Buells' attic.
(d) On the Larsons' roof.
8. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
(a) Laminated pictures of the Virgin Mary.
(c) Notes from the Lisbon girls.
(d) Plastic flowers.
9. Who is Miss Lynn Kilsem?
(a) The school social worker.
(b) The school secretary.
(c) The Spanish teacher.
(d) A new student.
10. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
(a) The Karafilis' basement.
(b) The Karafilis' attic.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) Her own house in the neighborhood.
11. How does Trip Fontaine get home after the dance?
(a) He rides in Parkie's car with the others.
(b) He walks.
(c) He calls his father for a ride.
(d) He takes a cab with Lux.
12. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
(a) Her ham radio.
(b) A pen pal.
(c) The telephone.
(d) She meets a friend in her backyard.
13. What is Mary's favorite occupation?
(a) Looking at herself in the mirror.
(c) Reading romance novels.
(d) Watching television.
14. Whose car do the boys take to the dance?
(a) Parkie Denton's.
(b) Trip Fontaine's.
(c) Kevin Head's.
(d) Joe Hill Conley's.
15. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
(a) For help with his science homework.
(b) For permission to take Lux to Homecoming.
(c) For a college recommendation.
(d) For permission to marry Lux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys find in the basement?
2. What is Old Mrs. Karafilis' weekly ritual?
3. What does Trip do when faced with the headmaster one afternoon after returning from his car?
4. What do the Lisbons and Trip watch on TV?
5. Who visits Lux in the hospital?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)