|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the boys wait for the Lisbon girls' signal the night of June 15?
(a) In the Buells' attic.
(b) On the Larsons' roof.
(c) In their old treehouse.
(d) Hidden in the Lisbons' yard.
2. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
(a) Their well-stocked bomb shelter.
(b) A friend does their grocery shopping.
(c) Regular grocery deliveries.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon goes shopping regularly.
3. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) A sundress.
(b) Pants and a sweater.
(c) A flannel nightgown.
(d) A coat.
4. What do the girls attempt to save from certain death?
(a) The elm tree in their yard.
(b) An injured bird.
(c) A stray cat.
(d) A raccoon.
5. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
(a) They make prank phone calls.
(b) They send a signed letter through the mail.
(c) They contact them with Therese's radio.
(d) They leave anonymous notes in mailboxes.
6. What is Mary's favorite occupation?
(b) Watching television.
(c) Looking at herself in the mirror.
(d) Reading romance novels.
7. Where do the boys find Trip, years later, to interview him?
(a) In rehab.
(b) Working a construction job.
(c) In Europe.
(d) In a hospital.
8. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
9. Which of the girls engages in promiscuous sexual relationships?
10. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
(b) Laminated pictures of the Virgin Mary.
(c) Notes from the Lisbon girls.
(d) Plastic flowers.
11. What kind of music does Mrs. Lisbon listen to?
12. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
(a) "Reader's Digest."
(b) Her knitting.
(c) Her teddy bear.
(d) Her diary.
13. Who fetches the Lisbons' mail?
(a) Mr. Lisbon.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon.
14. What do Lux and Julie do instead of going to class?
(a) Read magazines.
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Meet boys behind the school.
(d) Go out for coffee.
15. What major project is the Parks Department working on?
(a) Planting spring bulbs.
(b) Filling potholes.
(c) Street sweeping.
(d) Removing the diseased elm trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
2. Where does Trip finally make contact with Lux?
3. What do the Lisbons and Trip watch on TV?
4. What song's lyrics are published in the newspaper as a possible cause of the Lisbon girls' suicides?
5. Where does Mary go by herself?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)