|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Trip and Lux do under the bleachers?
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Drink peach schnapps.
(d) Make love.
2. What color corsages did the boys get for the Lisbon girls?
3. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
(a) A rusted-out car.
(b) The Lisbons' fence.
(c) A stone wall.
(d) A dying elm tree.
4. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(a) Smoke marijuana.
(b) Drink alcohol.
5. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
(a) They make prank phone calls.
(b) They leave anonymous notes in mailboxes.
(c) They contact them with Therese's radio.
(d) They send a signed letter through the mail.
6. Who visits Lux in the hospital?
(a) Miss Kilsem.
(b) Dr. Hornicker.
(c) Trip Fontaine.
(d) Father Moody.
7. What does Bonnie carry on her nightly pilgrimages outside?
(a) A laminated picture of the Virgin Mary.
(b) A photo of Cecilia.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) Her pillow.
8. When the boys call the Lisbon girls the second time, what do they do?
(a) They hang up when Lux answers.
(b) They profess their love for the girls.
(c) They read a poem.
(d) They play a song over the phone.
9. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
(a) For a college recommendation.
(b) For permission to take Lux to Homecoming.
(c) For permission to marry Lux.
(d) For help with his science homework.
10. Where does Trip finally make contact with Lux?
(a) At Assembly.
(b) At lunchtime.
(c) During math class.
(d) In the parking lot.
11. What kind of car does Trip drive?
(a) A Mustang.
(b) A VW Beetle.
(c) A Trans-Am.
(d) A Camaro.
12. What is Mary's favorite occupation?
(a) Reading romance novels.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Looking at herself in the mirror.
13. Where does Mary go by herself?
(a) The hairdresser.
(b) The orthodontist's office.
(c) The dry cleaner.
(d) The post office.
14. When the boys get to the Lisbon house, who is waiting for them?
15. What is Lux observed doing on the roof of the house?
(a) Making love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trip do when faced with the headmaster one afternoon after returning from his car?
2. Who fetches the Lisbons' mail?
3. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
4. In what condition is the Lisbons' basement?
5. What is different about Trip Fontaine's home life?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)