|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
(a) Notes from the Lisbon girls.
(c) Plastic flowers.
(d) Laminated pictures of the Virgin Mary.
2. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
(a) They contact them with Therese's radio.
(b) They leave anonymous notes in mailboxes.
(c) They make prank phone calls.
(d) They send a signed letter through the mail.
3. Who visits Lux in the hospital?
(a) Trip Fontaine.
(b) Dr. Hornicker.
(c) Father Moody.
(d) Miss Kilsem.
4. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
(a) Their well-stocked bomb shelter.
(b) A friend does their grocery shopping.
(c) Regular grocery deliveries.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon goes shopping regularly.
5. What major project is the Parks Department working on?
(a) Filling potholes.
(b) Removing the diseased elm trees.
(c) Planting spring bulbs.
(d) Street sweeping.
6. What kind of car does Trip drive?
(a) A VW Beetle.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) A Trans-Am.
(d) A Camaro.
7. What does Mr. Lisbon use paint cans for in Chapter 4?
(a) Catching water leaks.
(b) Watering plants.
(c) Storing tools.
(d) Mixing paint.
8. Which of his daughters does Mr. Lisbon see eating M&Ms and feel as if she is a stranger?
9. What does Mr. Lisbon talk about with the neighborhood fathers who come to visit?
(c) Lawn care.
10. Who does Mr. Lisbon think for a few moments is a ghost?
(d) Mrs. Lisbon.
11. What are the green pamphlets sent out by the Chamber of Commerce about?
(a) Dutch elm disease.
(b) Teenage suicide.
(c) Energy conservation.
(d) Local elections.
12. How does Old Mrs. Karafilis travel up and down stairs?
(a) She gets carried.
(b) She walks on her own.
(c) She uses a walker.
(d) Using a rope tied around her waist.
13. What annual household chore does Mr. Lisbon ignore this year?
(a) Raking the leaves.
(b) Clearing the gutters.
(c) Mulching the flowers.
(d) Removing the screens.
14. What song's lyrics are published in the newspaper as a possible cause of the Lisbon girls' suicides?
(a) "Virgin Suicide."
(b) "Bridge Over Troubled Water."
(c) "When Youth Sees No Future."
(d) "Cruel Crux."
15. Who fetches the Lisbons' mail?
(c) Mr. Lisbon.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
2. Whose car do the boys take to the dance?
3. What do the girls attempt to save from certain death?
4. At the Lisbons' house, who sits next to Trip?
5. In what condition is the Lisbons' basement?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)