|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie carry on her nightly pilgrimages outside?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) Her pillow.
(c) A laminated picture of the Virgin Mary.
(d) A photo of Cecilia.
2. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) A flannel nightgown.
(b) A coat.
(c) A sundress.
(d) Pants and a sweater.
3. How does Trip Fontaine get home after the dance?
(a) He rides in Parkie's car with the others.
(b) He calls his father for a ride.
(c) He takes a cab with Lux.
(d) He walks.
4. Who visits Lux in the hospital?
(a) Father Moody.
(b) Trip Fontaine.
(c) Miss Kilsem.
(d) Dr. Hornicker.
5. Where does Mary go by herself?
(a) The orthodontist's office.
(b) The post office.
(c) The dry cleaner.
(d) The hairdresser.
6. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
(b) A May Day dance.
(c) Home baseball games.
(d) Spring carnival.
7. What do the Lisbons do with the flowers they receive?
(a) They put them in vases.
(b) They leave them to rot.
(c) They dry them.
(d) They give them to hospital patients.
8. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
(b) The newspaper.
9. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
(a) A dying elm tree.
(b) The Lisbons' fence.
(c) A rusted-out car.
(d) A stone wall.
10. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
(a) She meets a friend in her backyard.
(b) A pen pal.
(c) The telephone.
(d) Her ham radio.
11. What does Mr. Lisbon talk about with the neighborhood fathers who come to visit?
(a) Lawn care.
12. What class does Lux Lisbon often skip with Julie Winthrop?
13. What appears in the window of Cecilia's old bedroom?
(a) A candle shrine.
(b) A stained-glass decoration.
(c) Easter decorations.
(d) A revolving Chinese lantern.
14. What is Lux observed doing on the roof of the house?
(d) Making love.
15. Which of his daughters does Mr. Lisbon see eating M&Ms and feel as if she is a stranger?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys find Trip, years later, to interview him?
2. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
3. What color corsages did the boys get for the Lisbon girls?
4. Which of the following is not a condition of the girls' attendance at the Homecoming dance?
5. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)