|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) A flannel nightgown.
(b) A sundress.
(c) A coat.
(d) Pants and a sweater.
2. Where do the Lisbon girls spend the Day of Grieving?
(a) Outside, behind the school.
(b) In their homerooms.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) At home.
3. Whose idea is the "Day of Grieving"?
(a) Miss Arndt's.
(b) Mr. Lisbon's.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse's.
(d) Mrs. Woodhouse's.
4. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
5. Where do the boys wait for the Lisbon girls' signal the night of June 15?
(a) Hidden in the Lisbons' yard.
(b) In the Buells' attic.
(c) In their old treehouse.
(d) On the Larsons' roof.
6. Who is Linda Perl?
(a) A newspaper reporter.
(b) A friend of Mrs. Lisbon's.
(c) The girls' therapist.
(d) A teacher at the high school.
7. What kind of music does Mrs. Lisbon listen to?
8. What do Trip and Lux do under the bleachers?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Make love.
(d) Drink peach schnapps.
9. What do the boys find in the basement?
(a) Lux's diary.
(b) The girls' trunk, opened.
(c) Mary's body.
(d) Bonnie's body.
10. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
(a) Their well-stocked bomb shelter.
(b) Mrs. Lisbon goes shopping regularly.
(c) A friend does their grocery shopping.
(d) Regular grocery deliveries.
11. What do the Lisbons and Trip watch on TV?
(a) A concert.
(c) A Disney program.
(d) The news.
12. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
(a) A dying elm tree.
(b) A stone wall.
(c) The Lisbons' fence.
(d) A rusted-out car.
13. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(b) Drink alcohol.
(d) Smoke marijuana.
14. Where do the boys find Trip, years later, to interview him?
(a) Working a construction job.
(b) In rehab.
(c) In Europe.
(d) In a hospital.
15. What is Lux's real reason for going to the hospital?
(a) She twists her ankle.
(b) She suspects she's pregnant.
(c) She has appendicitis.
(d) She wants to talk to a therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Lisbons' house, who sits next to Trip?
2. Where does Mrs. Lisbon take the girls after removing them from school?
3. What color corsages did the boys get for the Lisbon girls?
4. What do the Lisbons do with the flowers they receive?
5. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)