|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
(a) A nursing home.
(b) The Karafilis' basement.
(c) The Karafilis' attic.
(d) Her own house in the neighborhood.
2. What is Mary's favorite occupation?
(a) Reading romance novels.
(b) Looking at herself in the mirror.
(c) Watching television.
3. Where does Mrs. Lisbon take the girls after removing them from school?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To their grandmother's.
(c) To a military school.
(d) To visit Cecilia's grave.
4. What kind of car does Trip drive?
(a) A Mustang.
(b) A Camaro.
(c) A Trans-Am.
(d) A VW Beetle.
5. What does Bonnie carry on her nightly pilgrimages outside?
(a) Her pillow.
(b) A laminated picture of the Virgin Mary.
(c) A photo of Cecilia.
(d) A teddy bear.
6. Which of the following is not a condition of the girls' attendance at the Homecoming dance?
(a) Mr. Lisbon is a dance chaperone.
(b) They have to drive to the dance with their parents.
(c) They have to be home by 11 p.m.
(d) They all have to have dates.
7. What do the boys find in the basement?
(a) The girls' trunk, opened.
(b) Mary's body.
(c) Bonnie's body.
(d) Lux's diary.
8. In what condition is the Lisbons' basement?
(a) Completely redecorated.
(b) Filled with boxes, old toys, bicycles, etc.
(c) Immaculately clean.
(d) Exactly as it was the night of the party.
9. Where is Lux Lisbon's body found?
(a) In her bed.
(b) Outside on the lawn.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the car in the garage.
10. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
11. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
(d) The newspaper.
12. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) A flannel nightgown.
(b) A coat.
(c) Pants and a sweater.
(d) A sundress.
13. Which of the girls engages in promiscuous sexual relationships?
14. Where do the boys wait for the Lisbon girls' signal the night of June 15?
(a) On the Larsons' roof.
(b) In the Buells' attic.
(c) In their old treehouse.
(d) Hidden in the Lisbons' yard.
15. Where does Trip finally make contact with Lux?
(a) At lunchtime.
(b) At Assembly.
(c) In the parking lot.
(d) During math class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Trip and Lux do under the bleachers?
2. What happens to Mr. Lisbon over Christmas vacation?
3. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
4. When the boys get to the Lisbon house, who is waiting for them?
5. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)