|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Trip finally make contact with Lux?
(a) At Assembly.
(b) In the parking lot.
(c) During math class.
(d) At lunchtime.
2. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(c) Smoke marijuana.
3. What happens to Mr. Lisbon over Christmas vacation?
(a) He leaves his job.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He buys a new car.
(d) He learns to ski.
4. What kind of car does Trip drive?
(a) A VW Beetle.
(b) A Camaro.
(c) A Trans-Am.
(d) A Mustang.
5. Who is Linda Perl?
(a) A newspaper reporter.
(b) A teacher at the high school.
(c) The girls' therapist.
(d) A friend of Mrs. Lisbon's.
6. What is different about Trip Fontaine's home life?
(a) He lives with his grandparents.
(b) He lives without electricity.
(c) He has a child.
(d) His father is gay.
7. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
(a) A stone wall.
(b) A rusted-out car.
(c) The Lisbons' fence.
(d) A dying elm tree.
8. Where does Mary go by herself?
(a) The dry cleaner.
(b) The post office.
(c) The hairdresser.
(d) The orthodontist's office.
9. What do the boys clean off the Lisbons' house?
(a) Old paint.
(d) Dead fish flies.
10. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
(d) The newspaper.
11. Which of the following is not a condition of the girls' attendance at the Homecoming dance?
(a) They have to drive to the dance with their parents.
(b) They have to be home by 11 p.m.
(c) Mr. Lisbon is a dance chaperone.
(d) They all have to have dates.
12. What do the Lisbons and Trip watch on TV?
(a) A Disney program.
(b) The news.
(c) A concert.
13. What color corsages did the boys get for the Lisbon girls?
14. What are the green pamphlets sent out by the Chamber of Commerce about?
(a) Teenage suicide.
(b) Local elections.
(c) Dutch elm disease.
(d) Energy conservation.
15. What does Mrs. Lisbon force Lux to destroy?
(a) Her sexy clothing.
(b) Her rock and roll records.
(c) Some of her books.
(d) Her makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song's lyrics are published in the newspaper as a possible cause of the Lisbon girls' suicides?
2. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
3. Who is Miss Lynn Kilsem?
4. Which of these is not an observation made about Lux in the weeks following her removal from school?
5. How does Old Mrs. Karafilis travel up and down stairs?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)