|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lux Lisbon's body found?
(a) Outside on the lawn.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In her bed.
(d) In the car in the garage.
2. What is Lux observed doing on the roof of the house?
(b) Making love.
3. What color corsages did the boys get for the Lisbon girls?
4. How does Therese kill herself?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She slits her wrists.
(c) She takes an overdose of sleeping pills and gin.
(d) She sticks her head in the oven.
5. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
6. Where do the Lisbon girls spend the Day of Grieving?
(a) Outside, behind the school.
(b) In their homerooms.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) At home.
7. What do the Lisbons do with the flowers they receive?
(a) They leave them to rot.
(b) They dry them.
(c) They give them to hospital patients.
(d) They put them in vases.
8. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
(a) Teaching piano lessons.
(b) Tending her grandmother's orchids.
(c) Caring for a houseful of cats.
(d) Knitting sweaters for her grandchildren.
9. What is Old Mrs. Karafilis' weekly ritual?
(a) She makes a trip to the hairdresser.
(b) She gets a manicure.
(c) She takes an Epsom salt bath.
(d) She takes a drive through the countryside.
10. What happens to Mr. Lisbon over Christmas vacation?
(a) He leaves his job.
(b) He learns to ski.
(c) He buys a new car.
(d) He has a heart attack.
11. What does Mr. Lisbon attempt to flush down the toilet?
(b) Fish flies.
(c) A retainer.
(d) A dead mouse.
12. Who does Mr. Lisbon think for a few moments is a ghost?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon.
13. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
(a) A May Day dance.
(c) Home baseball games.
(d) Spring carnival.
14. What do the boys clean off the Lisbons' house?
(a) Old paint.
(c) Dead fish flies.
15. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
(a) She meets a friend in her backyard.
(b) Her ham radio.
(c) The telephone.
(d) A pen pal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Lisbon take the girls after removing them from school?
2. What is Lux's real reason for going to the hospital?
3. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
4. When the boys call the Lisbon girls the second time, what do they do?
5. What major project is the Parks Department working on?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)