|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Lisbon often bring home for his daughters?
(a) Comic books.
2. What do the Lisbons and Trip watch on TV?
(a) A Disney program.
(b) A concert.
(d) The news.
3. Which of the following is not a condition of the girls' attendance at the Homecoming dance?
(a) They have to drive to the dance with their parents.
(b) Mr. Lisbon is a dance chaperone.
(c) They have to be home by 11 p.m.
(d) They all have to have dates.
4. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
(a) A May Day dance.
(b) Spring carnival.
(c) Home baseball games.
5. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
(a) They contact them with Therese's radio.
(b) They send a signed letter through the mail.
(c) They make prank phone calls.
(d) They leave anonymous notes in mailboxes.
6. Where do the boys find Trip, years later, to interview him?
(a) In rehab.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In Europe.
(d) Working a construction job.
7. What does Mr. Lisbon use paint cans for in Chapter 4?
(a) Catching water leaks.
(b) Storing tools.
(c) Watering plants.
(d) Mixing paint.
8. Where does Mrs. Lisbon take the girls after removing them from school?
(a) To a military school.
(b) To visit Cecilia's grave.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To their grandmother's.
9. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
(a) Says a rosary for Cecilia.
(b) Takes a walk.
(c) Has a chat with Uncle Tucker.
(d) Tends a small flower garden.
10. Who is Linda Perl?
(a) A newspaper reporter.
(b) A friend of Mrs. Lisbon's.
(c) The girls' therapist.
(d) A teacher at the high school.
11. What are the green pamphlets sent out by the Chamber of Commerce about?
(a) Energy conservation.
(b) Teenage suicide.
(c) Local elections.
(d) Dutch elm disease.
12. What is Mary's favorite occupation?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Reading romance novels.
(c) Looking at herself in the mirror.
13. Who fetches the Lisbons' mail?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon.
(c) Mr. Lisbon.
14. When the boys get to the Lisbon house, who is waiting for them?
15. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
(a) Caring for a houseful of cats.
(b) Tending her grandmother's orchids.
(c) Knitting sweaters for her grandchildren.
(d) Teaching piano lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not an observation made about Lux in the weeks following her removal from school?
2. Which of his daughters does Mr. Lisbon see eating M&Ms and feel as if she is a stranger?
3. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
4. How does Trip Fontaine get home after the dance?
5. What does Mr. Lisbon talk about with the neighborhood fathers who come to visit?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)