|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
(a) They send a signed letter through the mail.
(b) They leave anonymous notes in mailboxes.
(c) They make prank phone calls.
(d) They contact them with Therese's radio.
2. When the boys call the Lisbon girls the second time, what do they do?
(a) They hang up when Lux answers.
(b) They play a song over the phone.
(c) They profess their love for the girls.
(d) They read a poem.
3. What do the Lisbons and Trip watch on TV?
(a) A concert.
(b) The news.
(d) A Disney program.
4. Whose car do the boys take to the dance?
(a) Joe Hill Conley's.
(b) Trip Fontaine's.
(c) Kevin Head's.
(d) Parkie Denton's.
5. Where does Trip finally make contact with Lux?
(a) At lunchtime.
(b) During math class.
(c) At Assembly.
(d) In the parking lot.
6. What annual household chore does Mr. Lisbon ignore this year?
(a) Raking the leaves.
(b) Mulching the flowers.
(c) Clearing the gutters.
(d) Removing the screens.
7. Which of the following is not a condition of the girls' attendance at the Homecoming dance?
(a) They have to be home by 11 p.m.
(b) They all have to have dates.
(c) Mr. Lisbon is a dance chaperone.
(d) They have to drive to the dance with their parents.
8. What do the girls attempt to save from certain death?
(a) An injured bird.
(b) A stray cat.
(c) The elm tree in their yard.
(d) A raccoon.
9. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
(a) Her teddy bear.
(b) Her diary.
(c) "Reader's Digest."
(d) Her knitting.
10. What is Lux observed doing on the roof of the house?
(b) Making love.
11. What is Mary's favorite occupation?
(a) Looking at herself in the mirror.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Reading romance novels.
12. Where do the boys find Trip, years later, to interview him?
(a) In Europe.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) Working a construction job.
(d) In rehab.
13. What does Bonnie carry on her nightly pilgrimages outside?
(a) A photo of Cecilia.
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) Her pillow.
(d) A laminated picture of the Virgin Mary.
14. How does Trip Fontaine get home after the dance?
(a) He rides in Parkie's car with the others.
(b) He calls his father for a ride.
(c) He takes a cab with Lux.
(d) He walks.
15. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) A coat.
(b) Pants and a sweater.
(c) A flannel nightgown.
(d) A sundress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
2. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
3. Where do the Lisbon girls spend the Day of Grieving?
4. What do the boys see Mary bring into her bedroom a few nights after their extended telephone exchange?
5. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)