|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major project is the Parks Department working on?
(a) Removing the diseased elm trees.
(b) Street sweeping.
(c) Filling potholes.
(d) Planting spring bulbs.
2. Who does Mr. Lisbon think for a few moments is a ghost?
(d) Mrs. Lisbon.
3. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
(a) The telephone.
(b) She meets a friend in her backyard.
(c) Her ham radio.
(d) A pen pal.
4. When the boys get to the Lisbon house, who is waiting for them?
5. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
6. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
(a) Notes from the Lisbon girls.
(b) Laminated pictures of the Virgin Mary.
(c) Plastic flowers.
7. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) Pants and a sweater.
(b) A sundress.
(c) A flannel nightgown.
(d) A coat.
8. What appears in the window of Cecilia's old bedroom?
(a) Easter decorations.
(b) A candle shrine.
(c) A revolving Chinese lantern.
(d) A stained-glass decoration.
9. What does Mr. Lisbon often bring home for his daughters?
(b) Comic books.
10. What does Mr. Lisbon talk about with the neighborhood fathers who come to visit?
(a) Lawn care.
11. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Smoke marijuana.
12. Which of these is not an observation made about Lux in the weeks following her removal from school?
(a) She seems to enjoy her activities upon the roof.
(b) She has lost weight.
(c) She has cold sores and is losing a patch of her hair.
(d) She seems to have a large sense of charity.
13. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
(a) They send a signed letter through the mail.
(b) They contact them with Therese's radio.
(c) They leave anonymous notes in mailboxes.
(d) They make prank phone calls.
14. What does Mrs. Lisbon force Lux to destroy?
(a) Her rock and roll records.
(b) Her sexy clothing.
(c) Her makeup.
(d) Some of her books.
15. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
(b) A May Day dance.
(c) Spring carnival.
(d) Home baseball games.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose car do the boys take to the dance?
2. What class does Lux Lisbon often skip with Julie Winthrop?
3. Where do the boys find Trip, years later, to interview him?
4. What is Lux's real reason for going to the hospital?
5. What kind of car does Trip drive?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)