|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boys call the Lisbon girls the second time, what do they do?
(a) They read a poem.
(b) They play a song over the phone.
(c) They hang up when Lux answers.
(d) They profess their love for the girls.
2. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) A flannel nightgown.
(b) A coat.
(c) Pants and a sweater.
(d) A sundress.
3. What kind of car does Trip drive?
(a) A Trans-Am.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) A Camaro.
(d) A VW Beetle.
4. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
5. What does Bonnie carry on her nightly pilgrimages outside?
(a) Her pillow.
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A laminated picture of the Virgin Mary.
(d) A photo of Cecilia.
6. Whose idea is the "Day of Grieving"?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse's.
(b) Mrs. Woodhouse's.
(c) Mr. Lisbon's.
(d) Miss Arndt's.
7. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
(a) Spring carnival.
(b) Home baseball games.
(d) A May Day dance.
8. Where does Mrs. Lisbon take the girls after removing them from school?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To visit Cecilia's grave.
(c) To their grandmother's.
(d) To a military school.
9. In what condition is the Lisbons' basement?
(a) Exactly as it was the night of the party.
(b) Immaculately clean.
(c) Filled with boxes, old toys, bicycles, etc.
(d) Completely redecorated.
10. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
(a) Teaching piano lessons.
(b) Knitting sweaters for her grandchildren.
(c) Tending her grandmother's orchids.
(d) Caring for a houseful of cats.
11. What major project is the Parks Department working on?
(a) Filling potholes.
(b) Removing the diseased elm trees.
(c) Street sweeping.
(d) Planting spring bulbs.
12. What do the boys find in the basement?
(a) Lux's diary.
(b) The girls' trunk, opened.
(c) Mary's body.
(d) Bonnie's body.
13. Who is Linda Perl?
(a) The girls' therapist.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A teacher at the high school.
(d) A friend of Mrs. Lisbon's.
14. Where does Trip finally make contact with Lux?
(a) At Assembly.
(b) In the parking lot.
(c) At lunchtime.
(d) During math class.
15. What class does Lux Lisbon often skip with Julie Winthrop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song's lyrics are published in the newspaper as a possible cause of the Lisbon girls' suicides?
2. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
3. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
4. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
5. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)