|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the boys wait for the Lisbon girls' signal the night of June 15?
(a) In the Buells' attic.
(b) Hidden in the Lisbons' yard.
(c) In their old treehouse.
(d) On the Larsons' roof.
2. What kind of music does Mrs. Lisbon listen to?
3. What major project is the Parks Department working on?
(a) Street sweeping.
(b) Removing the diseased elm trees.
(c) Filling potholes.
(d) Planting spring bulbs.
4. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
5. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
(a) Plastic flowers.
(b) Laminated pictures of the Virgin Mary.
(d) Notes from the Lisbon girls.
6. Who is Linda Perl?
(a) The girls' therapist.
(b) A friend of Mrs. Lisbon's.
(c) A teacher at the high school.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
7. What does Mrs. Lisbon force Lux to destroy?
(a) Her makeup.
(b) Her rock and roll records.
(c) Her sexy clothing.
(d) Some of her books.
8. What do the girls attempt to save from certain death?
(a) An injured bird.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A stray cat.
(d) The elm tree in their yard.
9. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) Pants and a sweater.
(b) A coat.
(c) A sundress.
(d) A flannel nightgown.
10. How do the girls reach out to the boys?
(a) They make prank phone calls.
(b) They leave anonymous notes in mailboxes.
(c) They contact them with Therese's radio.
(d) They send a signed letter through the mail.
11. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
(a) A dying elm tree.
(b) A rusted-out car.
(c) A stone wall.
(d) The Lisbons' fence.
12. What are the green pamphlets sent out by the Chamber of Commerce about?
(a) Dutch elm disease.
(b) Local elections.
(c) Teenage suicide.
(d) Energy conservation.
13. What do the boys clean off the Lisbons' house?
(a) Dead fish flies.
(d) Old paint.
14. Which of the girls engages in promiscuous sexual relationships?
15. When the boys find Muffie Perry, what is she doing?
(a) Teaching piano lessons.
(b) Caring for a houseful of cats.
(c) Tending her grandmother's orchids.
(d) Knitting sweaters for her grandchildren.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
2. Where does Mrs. Lisbon take the girls after removing them from school?
3. Who is Miss Lynn Kilsem?
4. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
5. What is different about Trip Fontaine's home life?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)