|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the boys wait for the Lisbon girls' signal the night of June 15?
(a) Hidden in the Lisbons' yard.
(b) In the Buells' attic.
(c) On the Larsons' roof.
(d) In their old treehouse.
2. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
3. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) A flannel nightgown.
(b) Pants and a sweater.
(c) A coat.
(d) A sundress.
4. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
(a) The Lisbons' fence.
(b) A rusted-out car.
(c) A dying elm tree.
(d) A stone wall.
5. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
(a) For help with his science homework.
(b) For permission to take Lux to Homecoming.
(c) For a college recommendation.
(d) For permission to marry Lux.
6. What do the boys see Mary bring into her bedroom a few nights after their extended telephone exchange?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) A black trunk.
(c) A card table.
(d) A suitcase.
7. Who fetches the Lisbons' mail?
(a) Mr. Lisbon.
(c) Mrs. Lisbon.
8. What appears in the window of Cecilia's old bedroom?
(a) Easter decorations.
(b) A revolving Chinese lantern.
(c) A candle shrine.
(d) A stained-glass decoration.
9. What object appears randomly around the neighborhood, including under windshield wipers and between bicycle spokes?
(a) Laminated pictures of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Plastic flowers.
(d) Notes from the Lisbon girls.
10. Where is Lux Lisbon's body found?
(a) In the car in the garage.
(b) Outside on the lawn.
(c) In her bed.
(d) In the basement.
11. When the boys call the Lisbon girls the second time, what do they do?
(a) They hang up when Lux answers.
(b) They read a poem.
(c) They play a song over the phone.
(d) They profess their love for the girls.
12. Where do the Lisbon girls spend the Day of Grieving?
(a) At home.
(b) Outside, behind the school.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In their homerooms.
13. Which of the following is not a condition of the girls' attendance at the Homecoming dance?
(a) They all have to have dates.
(b) They have to drive to the dance with their parents.
(c) Mr. Lisbon is a dance chaperone.
(d) They have to be home by 11 p.m.
14. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
(a) Her ham radio.
(b) A pen pal.
(c) The telephone.
(d) She meets a friend in her backyard.
15. When the boys get to the Lisbon house, who is waiting for them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the girls engages in promiscuous sexual relationships?
2. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
3. Which of these is not an observation made about Lux in the weeks following her removal from school?
4. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
5. What annual household chore does Mr. Lisbon ignore this year?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)