|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears in the window of Cecilia's old bedroom?
(a) A revolving Chinese lantern.
(b) A candle shrine.
(c) A stained-glass decoration.
(d) Easter decorations.
2. Whose idea is the "Day of Grieving"?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse's.
(b) Mrs. Woodhouse's.
(c) Mr. Lisbon's.
(d) Miss Arndt's.
3. What color corsages did the boys get for the Lisbon girls?
4. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
(a) A nursing home.
(b) Her own house in the neighborhood.
(c) The Karafilis' basement.
(d) The Karafilis' attic.
5. What are the green pamphlets sent out by the Chamber of Commerce about?
(a) Energy conservation.
(b) Dutch elm disease.
(c) Teenage suicide.
(d) Local elections.
6. Where is Lux Lisbon's body found?
(a) In the car in the garage.
(b) Outside on the lawn.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In her bed.
7. What do the girls order to help them escape their boredom?
(c) The newspaper.
8. Which girl keeps watch for the boys?
9. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
(a) Her diary.
(b) "Reader's Digest."
(c) Her knitting.
(d) Her teddy bear.
10. What does Mrs. Lisbon force Lux to destroy?
(a) Her sexy clothing.
(b) Some of her books.
(c) Her rock and roll records.
(d) Her makeup.
11. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) A coat.
(b) Pants and a sweater.
(c) A flannel nightgown.
(d) A sundress.
12. What does Trip do in his car during the day?
(a) Smoke marijuana.
(c) Drink alcohol.
13. What does Trip do when faced with the headmaster one afternoon after returning from his car?
(a) He walks right by him.
(b) He dashes to the bathroom.
(c) He ducks into the wrong classroom.
(d) He turns and leaves school.
14. Who does Mr. Lisbon think for a few moments is a ghost?
(d) Mrs. Lisbon.
15. How does Trip Fontaine get home after the dance?
(a) He walks.
(b) He rides in Parkie's car with the others.
(c) He calls his father for a ride.
(d) He takes a cab with Lux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
2. What spring activity do the girls not attend as usual?
3. In what condition is the Lisbons' basement?
4. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
5. What does Mr. Lisbon attempt to flush down the toilet?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)