|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
(a) A dying elm tree.
(b) The Lisbons' fence.
(c) A stone wall.
(d) A rusted-out car.
2. Where is Lux Lisbon's body found?
(a) Outside on the lawn.
(b) In her bed.
(c) In the car in the garage.
(d) In the basement.
3. What annual household chore does Mr. Lisbon ignore this year?
(a) Raking the leaves.
(b) Clearing the gutters.
(c) Removing the screens.
(d) Mulching the flowers.
4. What does Mrs. Lisbon force Lux to destroy?
(a) Her rock and roll records.
(b) Her makeup.
(c) Her sexy clothing.
(d) Some of her books.
5. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
(a) A pen pal.
(b) The telephone.
(c) She meets a friend in her backyard.
(d) Her ham radio.
6. Who visits Lux in the hospital?
(a) Trip Fontaine.
(b) Dr. Hornicker.
(c) Miss Kilsem.
(d) Father Moody.
7. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
(a) A sundress.
(b) A flannel nightgown.
(c) A coat.
(d) Pants and a sweater.
8. Who is Linda Perl?
(a) A friend of Mrs. Lisbon's.
(b) A teacher at the high school.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) The girls' therapist.
9. What does Lux take with her to the hospital?
(a) Her diary.
(b) Her knitting.
(c) Her teddy bear.
(d) "Reader's Digest."
10. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
11. What do the boys see Mary bring into her bedroom a few nights after their extended telephone exchange?
(a) A black trunk.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A card table.
(d) A stray cat.
12. How does Trip Fontaine get home after the dance?
(a) He rides in Parkie's car with the others.
(b) He calls his father for a ride.
(c) He walks.
(d) He takes a cab with Lux.
13. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
(a) The Karafilis' basement.
(b) Her own house in the neighborhood.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) The Karafilis' attic.
14. What does Mr. Lisbon talk about with the neighborhood fathers who come to visit?
(d) Lawn care.
15. Where do the boys wait for the Lisbon girls' signal the night of June 15?
(a) In their old treehouse.
(b) Hidden in the Lisbons' yard.
(c) On the Larsons' roof.
(d) In the Buells' attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color corsages did the boys get for the Lisbon girls?
2. Which of the following is not a condition of the girls' attendance at the Homecoming dance?
3. Which of the girls engages in promiscuous sexual relationships?
4. Who is Miss Lynn Kilsem?
5. What is Lux's real reason for going to the hospital?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)