|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lux's real reason for going to the hospital?
(a) She has appendicitis.
(b) She suspects she's pregnant.
(c) She wants to talk to a therapist.
(d) She twists her ankle.
2. What do Lux and Julie do instead of going to class?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Read magazines.
(c) Meet boys behind the school.
(d) Go out for coffee.
3. What kind of car does Trip drive?
(a) A Camaro.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) A Trans-Am.
(d) A VW Beetle.
4. What color corsages did the boys get for the Lisbon girls?
5. What does Bonnie do outside the house each night?
(a) Says a rosary for Cecilia.
(b) Tends a small flower garden.
(c) Has a chat with Uncle Tucker.
(d) Takes a walk.
6. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
7. What annual household chore does Mr. Lisbon ignore this year?
(a) Removing the screens.
(b) Mulching the flowers.
(c) Raking the leaves.
(d) Clearing the gutters.
8. How does Therese kill herself?
(a) She takes an overdose of sleeping pills and gin.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She sticks her head in the oven.
(d) She slits her wrists.
9. At the Lisbons' house, who sits next to Trip?
(c) Mr Lisbon.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon.
10. How does Therese communicate with the outside world?
(a) She meets a friend in her backyard.
(b) The telephone.
(c) Her ham radio.
(d) A pen pal.
11. How does Trip Fontaine get home after the dance?
(a) He takes a cab with Lux.
(b) He walks.
(c) He calls his father for a ride.
(d) He rides in Parkie's car with the others.
12. Where does Mrs. Lisbon take the girls after removing them from school?
(a) To a military school.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To their grandmother's.
(d) To visit Cecilia's grave.
13. What does Mr. Lisbon often bring home for his daughters?
(a) Comic books.
14. Where do the boys wait for the Lisbon girls' signal the night of June 15?
(a) On the Larsons' roof.
(b) In the Buells' attic.
(c) Hidden in the Lisbons' yard.
(d) In their old treehouse.
15. In what condition is the Lisbons' basement?
(a) Filled with boxes, old toys, bicycles, etc.
(b) Exactly as it was the night of the party.
(c) Immaculately clean.
(d) Completely redecorated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men of the neighborhood try to remove?
2. Where does Mary go by herself?
3. What do the boys find in the basement?
4. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
5. What is Lux wearing when she climbs into Trip's car?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)