|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what kind of "tour" is Mr. Lisbon taken on in Chapter 2?
(a) A tour of local churches.
(b) A tour of the hospital.
(c) A tour of the funeral home.
(d) A tour of area cemeteries.
2. Why are the neighborhood children kept from the funeral?
(a) To protect their minds from being contaminated by the tragedy.
(b) The Lisbons request that only adults attend.
(c) There isn't enough room in the church.
(d) The children are supposed to be in school.
3. What is Mr. Lisbon's hobby?
(c) Crossword puzzles.
4. What reassuring noise do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon hear as the girls get ready for the party?
(b) Cecilia's bracelets jangling.
(c) Loud disco music.
(d) The girls arguing with one another.
5. Who takes Cecilia's diary from the Lisbon house?
(a) The plumber.
(b) The chimney sweep.
(c) The plumber's assistant.
(d) The electrician.
6. Where do the boys congregate after changing out of their party clothes?
(a) Chase Buell's roof.
(b) The Lisbons' yard.
(c) Paul Baldino's home.
(d) Mr. Larson's Oldsmobile.
7. What kind of music does Cecilia like to listen to?
(a) Rock music.
(b) Classical pieces.
(c) Celtic singers.
(d) Bluegrass music.
8. What does Cecilia do for the majority of the afternoon on the day she died?
(a) She helps decorate the house.
(b) She takes a bath.
(c) She reads a magazine.
(d) She takes a nap.
9. What prompts Lux to write all over her binder and her underwear?
(a) Stroking a whale.
(b) Hearing a new song she loved.
(c) Seeing a boy with his shirt off.
(d) Watching a movie with her favorite actor.
10. What is Mr. Lisbon's profession?
(b) Public relations executive.
(d) High school math teacher.
11. What does the psychiatrist recommend to Cecilia's parents?
(a) That they keep a closer eye on her.
(b) That she go on anti-depressants.
(c) That they relax their rules.
(d) That she be hospitalized.
12. Where are the scars Cecilia tried to hide?
(a) On her face.
(b) On her legs.
(c) On her wrists.
(d) On her neck.
13. Which sister has her own bedroom?
14. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Cecilia's asking to leave the party?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She doesn't care.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is angry.
15. Who finds Cecilia's body first?
(a) Cecilia's sisters.
(b) Mr. Lisbon.
(c) Paul Baldino.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cecilia first attempt suicide?
2. What feature of the cemetery where Cecilia's funeral is held stands out most to the mourners?
3. What does Mr. Lisbon show the boys during the party?
4. Which Lisbon sister used a depilatory wax?
5. What does Mr. Lisbon say was Cecilia's state of mind the day she killed herself?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)