|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Lisbon say was Cecilia's state of mind the day she killed herself?
(a) Pleased about the upcoming party.
(c) Angry about having to help with the party.
(d) Very sad.
2. In what room do the girls hold their first party?
(a) The patio.
(b) The living room.
(c) The basement.
(d) The kitchen.
3. Why are the neighborhood children kept from the funeral?
(a) To protect their minds from being contaminated by the tragedy.
(b) The children are supposed to be in school.
(c) The Lisbons request that only adults attend.
(d) There isn't enough room in the church.
4. Who files past Cecilia's open casket?
(a) The entire Lisbon family.
(b) All of the mourners.
(c) Cecilia's sisters.
(d) Cecilia's parents.
5. What is Cecilia doing as she goes up and down the stairs before the party?
(a) Changing her hairdo.
(b) Trying on different outfits.
(c) Trying on different shoes.
(d) Looking for her favorite necklace.
6. Whose late arrival gives life to the party?
(a) Jeff Maldrum.
(c) Sammy "the Shark" Baldino.
(d) Dominic Palazzano.
7. Which of the following drawings is not found in Cecilia's diary?
(a) Eggs hatching.
(b) Whales spouting blood.
8. Which sister interrupts one of the boys in his search through their bathroom?
9. What feature of the cemetery where Cecilia's funeral is held stands out most to the mourners?
(a) It's well-tended.
(b) It's sunny.
(c) It's flat.
(d) It's crowded.
10. What reassuring noise do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon hear as the girls get ready for the party?
(a) Loud disco music.
(b) The girls arguing with one another.
(d) Cecilia's bracelets jangling.
11. Which boy is known as the brainy one?
(a) David Barker.
(b) Kevin Head.
(c) Chase Buell.
(d) Tim Winer.
12. Who finds Cecilia after her first suicide attempt?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon.
(b) Paul Baldino.
(c) Lux Lisbon.
(d) Peter Sissen.
13. Which girl has a secret stash of makeup under the bathroom sink?
14. In what is Cecilia buried?
(a) Her nightgown.
(b) The wedding dress she always wore.
(c) A blue flowered dress.
(d) A beige dress with a lace collar.
15. Where is Cecilia during the majority of the party?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) On the couch.
(c) On a barstool.
(d) In a corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music does Cecilia like to listen to?
2. What is found hanging from a crucifix in one of the girls' rooms?
3. There is one boy that the rest of the group of boys are afraid of. Who is he?
4. Which Lisbon girl has a chipped tooth?
5. There is a rumor that which Lisbon girl has a crush on Dominic Palazzano?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)