|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found hanging from a crucifix in one of the girls' rooms?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A brassiere.
2. Where do the boys congregate after changing out of their party clothes?
(a) Paul Baldino's home.
(b) The Lisbons' yard.
(c) Chase Buell's roof.
(d) Mr. Larson's Oldsmobile.
3. What does Dominic do to prove his love?
(a) He serenades her.
(b) He fights another boy.
(c) He buys her expensive jewelry.
(d) He jumps off the roof of his house.
4. Which of these is NOT something the boys get Joe to do?
(a) Wiggle his ears.
(b) Call heads or tails for a coin flip.
5. What do the paramedics do first upon arriving at the Lisbon house?
(a) Use shock paddles to restart Cecilia's heart.
(b) Give sedatives to Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon.
(c) Attempt to give Cecilia mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
(d) Saw off the stake on which Cecilia is impaled.
6. Who finds Cecilia after her first suicide attempt?
(a) Lux Lisbon.
(b) Paul Baldino.
(c) Peter Sissen.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon.
7. What is Cecilia holding when she is taken to the hospital?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A book.
(d) A picture of the Virgin Mary.
8. Where does Dominic end up moving to?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
(c) New Mexico.
(d) New Hampshire.
9. What is Cecilia doing as she goes up and down the stairs before the party?
(a) Trying on different outfits.
(b) Looking for her favorite necklace.
(c) Changing her hairdo.
(d) Trying on different shoes.
10. What does Mrs. Lisbon notice about her daughter's appearance inside the casket?
(a) Her dry skin.
(b) Her bitten fingernails.
(c) Her bony knees.
(d) Her chapped lips.
11. Which Lisbon sister used a depilatory wax?
12. Which Lisbon sister likes to sunbathe in a bikini?
13. What major event has never happened in the town during the boys' lifetimes?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A flood.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A parade.
14. Who files past Cecilia's open casket?
(a) Cecilia's sisters.
(b) The entire Lisbon family.
(c) Cecilia's parents.
(d) All of the mourners.
15. What does Mrs. Pitzenberger think she sees in Cecilia's hand?
(a) A cup of punch.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boy is the only one who has been allowed into the Lisbon home?
2. In what is Cecilia buried?
3. Which girl has a secret stash of makeup under the bathroom sink?
4. Who leaves the party early?
5. What is Mr. Lisbon's hobby?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)