|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cecilia during the majority of the party?
(a) On the couch.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) On a barstool.
(d) In a corner.
2. What do the paramedics do first upon arriving at the Lisbon house?
(a) Attempt to give Cecilia mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
(b) Use shock paddles to restart Cecilia's heart.
(c) Give sedatives to Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon.
(d) Saw off the stake on which Cecilia is impaled.
3. How does Cecilia first attempt suicide?
(a) Hanging herself.
(b) Slitting her wrists.
(c) Jumping out of her window.
(d) Taking sleeping pills.
4. Which Lisbon girl is thought of as "the weird sister"?
5. What does Mrs. Lisbon notice about her daughter's appearance inside the casket?
(a) Her bitten fingernails.
(b) Her chapped lips.
(c) Her dry skin.
(d) Her bony knees.
6. What kind of music does Cecilia like to listen to?
(a) Bluegrass music.
(b) Celtic singers.
(c) Rock music.
(d) Classical pieces.
7. How does Cecilia succeed in killing herself?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She takes sleeping pills.
(c) She impales herself on a fence.
(d) She slits her wrists.
8. Which of the following drawings is not found in Cecilia's diary?
(b) Whales spouting blood.
(d) Eggs hatching.
9. Who files past Cecilia's open casket?
(a) Cecilia's sisters.
(b) Cecilia's parents.
(c) All of the mourners.
(d) The entire Lisbon family.
10. Where are the scars Cecilia tried to hide?
(a) On her wrists.
(b) On her neck.
(c) On her legs.
(d) On her face.
11. Which boy is the only one who has been allowed into the Lisbon home?
(a) Paul Baldino.
(b) Dominic Palazzolo.
(c) Joe Larson.
(d) Peter Sissen.
12. What feature of the cemetery where Cecilia's funeral is held stands out most to the mourners?
(a) It's flat.
(b) It's crowded.
(c) It's well-tended.
(d) It's sunny.
13. What happens just as the paramedics arrive?
(a) The ice cream truck comes down the street.
(b) The telephone rings.
(c) The Lisbons' sprinkler system goes on.
(d) It begins to rain.
14. Which Lisbon sister used a depilatory wax?
15. What does Paul say the concrete tree stump in his yard is?
(a) A fountain.
(b) The entrance to a secret tunnel.
(c) A safe.
(d) A barbecue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which girl has a secret stash of makeup under the bathroom sink?
2. Who finds Cecilia's body first?
3. Which of these things is not found in Cecilia's room by Lucy Brock?
4. Why are the neighborhood children kept from the funeral?
5. How many times is Dominic Palazzano mentioned in Cecilia's diary?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)