|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Alton?
(a) The funeral director.
(b) The cemetery workers' union leader.
(c) One of the paramedics.
(d) The minister at the Lisbons' church.
2. Where is Cecilia during the majority of the party?
(a) In a corner.
(b) On the couch.
(c) On a barstool.
(d) In her bedroom.
3. Which Lisbon sister likes to sunbathe in a bikini?
4. What does Mrs. Lisbon notice about her daughter's appearance inside the casket?
(a) Her chapped lips.
(b) Her dry skin.
(c) Her bitten fingernails.
(d) Her bony knees.
5. What is Mr. Lisbon's hobby?
(c) Crossword puzzles.
6. How many times is Dominic Palazzano mentioned in Cecilia's diary?
(a) Three times.
7. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon not find Cecilia's demeanor during the party strange?
(a) She is always quiet with company.
(b) She is just as sociable as usual.
(c) She isn't feeling well.
(d) She is on drugs that made her sleepy.
8. How does Cecilia succeed in killing herself?
(a) She slits her wrists.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She impales herself on a fence.
(d) She takes sleeping pills.
9. What happens just as the paramedics arrive?
(a) It begins to rain.
(b) The Lisbons' sprinkler system goes on.
(c) The telephone rings.
(d) The ice cream truck comes down the street.
10. Which of these things is not found in Cecilia's room by Lucy Brock?
(a) A zodiac mobile.
(b) Black underwear.
(c) A Ouija board.
(d) Tarot cards.
11. Where does Dominic end up moving to?
(a) New Mexico.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
12. Which sister has her own bedroom?
13. Who leaves the party early?
(a) Diana Porter.
(b) Joe the Retard.
(c) Cecilia Lisbon.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon.
14. On what kind of "tour" is Mr. Lisbon taken on in Chapter 2?
(a) A tour of the funeral home.
(b) A tour of area cemeteries.
(c) A tour of local churches.
(d) A tour of the hospital.
15. What is Mrs. Lisbon serving at the party?
(a) Cheese and crackers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of the cemetery where Cecilia's funeral is held stands out most to the mourners?
2. How much time elapses between the first Lisbon girl's attempt at suicide and the last Lisbon girl's attempt?
3. What does Mrs. Pitzenberger think she sees in Cecilia's hand?
4. There is a rumor that which Lisbon girl has a crush on Dominic Palazzano?
5. What does the psychiatrist recommend to Cecilia's parents?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)