|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people know that Cecilia has attempted suicide a second time?
(a) One of her sisters finds her.
(b) They see it happen.
(c) They hear her scream.
(d) They hear her fall.
2. Which boy is the only one who has been allowed into the Lisbon home?
(a) Dominic Palazzolo.
(b) Joe Larson.
(c) Paul Baldino.
(d) Peter Sissen.
3. What does Mrs. Pitzenberger think she sees in Cecilia's hand?
(a) A book.
(b) A cup of punch.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A suitcase.
4. Which Lisbon girl is thought of as "the weird sister"?
5. In what room do the girls hold their first party?
(a) The basement.
(b) The living room.
(c) The patio.
(d) The kitchen.
6. Who, in the boys' collective memory, has died recently?
(a) A grandmother.
(b) A town librarian.
(c) A great-uncle.
(d) Family dogs.
7. Which girl has a secret stash of makeup under the bathroom sink?
8. What does Cecilia do for the majority of the afternoon on the day she died?
(a) She takes a bath.
(b) She reads a magazine.
(c) She helps decorate the house.
(d) She takes a nap.
9. Where are the scars Cecilia tried to hide?
(a) On her legs.
(b) On her wrists.
(c) On her face.
(d) On her neck.
10. When, according to the boys, had "the majority of the dying" occurred?
(a) During the Korean War.
(b) During a major influenza epidemic.
(c) During the Vietnam War.
(d) During World War II.
11. How does Cecilia first attempt suicide?
(a) Jumping out of her window.
(b) Hanging herself.
(c) Taking sleeping pills.
(d) Slitting her wrists.
12. On what kind of "tour" is Mr. Lisbon taken on in Chapter 2?
(a) A tour of the funeral home.
(b) A tour of the hospital.
(c) A tour of area cemeteries.
(d) A tour of local churches.
13. Where does Dominic end up moving to?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
(d) New Mexico.
14. What is found hanging from a crucifix in one of the girls' rooms?
(b) A brassiere.
(d) A scarf.
15. Which sister has her own bedroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Lisbon sister used a depilatory wax?
2. What does Mr. Lisbon find Cecilia doing in preparation for the party?
3. What is Mrs. Lisbon serving at the party?
4. Who takes Cecilia's diary from the Lisbon house?
5. Where is Dominic from?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)