|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT something the boys get Joe to do?
(b) Wiggle his ears.
(c) Call heads or tails for a coin flip.
2. Who finds Cecilia's body first?
(a) Paul Baldino.
(b) Mrs. Lisbon.
(c) Mr. Lisbon.
(d) Cecilia's sisters.
3. Who files past Cecilia's open casket?
(a) Cecilia's sisters.
(b) Cecilia's parents.
(c) All of the mourners.
(d) The entire Lisbon family.
4. What is Mr. Lisbon's hobby?
(d) Crossword puzzles.
5. How many times is Dominic Palazzano mentioned in Cecilia's diary?
(d) Three times.
6. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon not find Cecilia's demeanor during the party strange?
(a) She is just as sociable as usual.
(b) She is always quiet with company.
(c) She is on drugs that made her sleepy.
(d) She isn't feeling well.
7. What does Cecilia do after leaving the party before going upstairs?
(a) She watches a TV program.
(b) She drinks some pear juice.
(c) She writes a note for her family.
(d) She eats a cookie.
8. Who leaves the party early?
(a) Cecilia Lisbon.
(b) Diana Porter.
(c) Mrs. Lisbon.
(d) Joe the Retard.
9. Who is Mr. Alton?
(a) The cemetery workers' union leader.
(b) One of the paramedics.
(c) The funeral director.
(d) The minister at the Lisbons' church.
10. What major event has never happened in the town during the boys' lifetimes?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A flood.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A parade.
11. What garment does Cecilia always wear?
(a) Her father's sweater.
(b) An old wedding dress.
(c) A floral scarf.
(d) A flannel nightgown.
12. How much time elapses between the first Lisbon girl's attempt at suicide and the last Lisbon girl's attempt?
(a) Two years.
(b) Thirteen months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three weeks.
13. On what kind of "tour" is Mr. Lisbon taken on in Chapter 2?
(a) A tour of local churches.
(b) A tour of area cemeteries.
(c) A tour of the funeral home.
(d) A tour of the hospital.
14. Why are no bodies being buried during Chapter 2?
(a) No one had died.
(b) Everyone was being cremated.
(c) Cemetery workers were on strike.
(d) The ground was frozen.
15. What feature of the cemetery where Cecilia's funeral is held stands out most to the mourners?
(a) It's flat.
(b) It's sunny.
(c) It's crowded.
(d) It's well-tended.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boy is known as the brainy one?
2. Where are the scars Cecilia tried to hide?
3. How does Cecilia first attempt suicide?
4. What do the paramedics do first upon arriving at the Lisbon house?
5. What does Mr. Lisbon show the boys during the party?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)