|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dominic from?
2. Who takes Cecilia's diary from the Lisbon house?
(a) The chimney sweep.
(b) The plumber's assistant.
(c) The plumber.
(d) The electrician.
3. Which boy is known as the brainy one?
(a) David Barker.
(b) Tim Winer.
(c) Chase Buell.
(d) Kevin Head.
4. Who, in the boys' collective memory, has died recently?
(a) A grandmother.
(b) Family dogs.
(c) A great-uncle.
(d) A town librarian.
5. Who files past Cecilia's open casket?
(a) The entire Lisbon family.
(b) Cecilia's parents.
(c) All of the mourners.
(d) Cecilia's sisters.
6. What does Paul say the concrete tree stump in his yard is?
(a) A safe.
(b) A barbecue.
(c) The entrance to a secret tunnel.
(d) A fountain.
7. What major event has never happened in the town during the boys' lifetimes?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A flood.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A parade.
8. Which girl has a secret stash of makeup under the bathroom sink?
9. What does Mr. Lisbon show the boys during the party?
(a) The girls' bronzed baby shoes.
(b) An autographed baseball.
(c) Old photographs.
(d) His tools.
10. What is Cecilia holding when she is taken to the hospital?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A book.
(d) A picture of the Virgin Mary.
11. On whom does Dominic Palazzano have a crush?
(a) Diana Porter.
(b) Lux Lisbon.
(c) Amy Schraff.
(d) Cecilia Lisbon.
12. Where do the boys congregate after changing out of their party clothes?
(a) Mr. Larson's Oldsmobile.
(b) The Lisbons' yard.
(c) Chase Buell's roof.
(d) Paul Baldino's home.
13. Where does Dominic end up moving to?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New Mexico.
(d) New Hampshire.
14. What happens just as the paramedics arrive?
(a) The ice cream truck comes down the street.
(b) It begins to rain.
(c) The telephone rings.
(d) The Lisbons' sprinkler system goes on.
15. What does Mr. Lisbon find Cecilia doing in preparation for the party?
(a) Baking cookies.
(b) Hanging streamers.
(d) Tying balloons to the ceiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Cecilia's major subjects near the end of the diary?
2. Where is Mr. Lisbon's razor found?
3. Which of these things is not found in Cecilia's room by Lucy Brock?
4. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Cecilia's asking to leave the party?
5. How much time elapses between the first Lisbon girl's attempt at suicide and the last Lisbon girl's attempt?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)