|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Cecilia's asking to leave the party?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is angry.
2. Who is Mr. Alton?
(a) The funeral director.
(b) The cemetery workers' union leader.
(c) One of the paramedics.
(d) The minister at the Lisbons' church.
3. How many times is Dominic Palazzano mentioned in Cecilia's diary?
(b) Three times.
4. Which Lisbon girl is thought of as "the weird sister"?
5. Which boy is the only one who has been allowed into the Lisbon home?
(a) Joe Larson.
(b) Paul Baldino.
(c) Dominic Palazzolo.
(d) Peter Sissen.
6. What do the paramedics do first upon arriving at the Lisbon house?
(a) Give sedatives to Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon.
(b) Saw off the stake on which Cecilia is impaled.
(c) Use shock paddles to restart Cecilia's heart.
(d) Attempt to give Cecilia mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
7. On what kind of "tour" is Mr. Lisbon taken on in Chapter 2?
(a) A tour of the funeral home.
(b) A tour of local churches.
(c) A tour of the hospital.
(d) A tour of area cemeteries.
8. What prompts Lux to write all over her binder and her underwear?
(a) Stroking a whale.
(b) Seeing a boy with his shirt off.
(c) Hearing a new song she loved.
(d) Watching a movie with her favorite actor.
9. Which sister interrupts one of the boys in his search through their bathroom?
10. From where do the boys watch the paramedics arrive at the Lisbon house?
(a) The Lisbons' porch.
(b) Mr. Larson's Oldsmobile.
(c) The roof of the neighbors' house.
(d) The Lisbons' yard.
11. How do people know that Cecilia has attempted suicide a second time?
(a) One of her sisters finds her.
(b) They hear her fall.
(c) They hear her scream.
(d) They see it happen.
12. Who leaves the party early?
(a) Cecilia Lisbon.
(b) Diana Porter.
(c) Mrs. Lisbon.
(d) Joe the Retard.
13. What does Cecilia do for the majority of the afternoon on the day she died?
(a) She takes a bath.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) She helps decorate the house.
(d) She reads a magazine.
14. How does Cecilia first attempt suicide?
(a) Jumping out of her window.
(b) Taking sleeping pills.
(c) Hanging herself.
(d) Slitting her wrists.
15. Who takes Cecilia's diary from the Lisbon house?
(a) The plumber.
(b) The plumber's assistant.
(c) The chimney sweep.
(d) The electrician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pitzenberger think she sees in Cecilia's hand?
2. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon not find Cecilia's demeanor during the party strange?
3. Where is Dominic from?
4. What garment does Cecilia always wear?
5. Which of the Lisbon girls is the last to attempt suicide?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)