|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accessory is Cecilia wearing at the party?
2. What is Mr. Lisbon's hobby?
(d) Crossword puzzles.
3. Which girl has a secret stash of makeup under the bathroom sink?
4. In what room do the girls hold their first party?
(a) The living room.
(b) The patio.
(c) The basement.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Who takes Cecilia's diary from the Lisbon house?
(a) The electrician.
(b) The plumber.
(c) The chimney sweep.
(d) The plumber's assistant.
6. How does Cecilia first attempt suicide?
(a) Taking sleeping pills.
(b) Slitting her wrists.
(c) Hanging herself.
(d) Jumping out of her window.
7. Which of the Lisbon girls is the last to attempt suicide?
8. What prompts Lux to write all over her binder and her underwear?
(a) Stroking a whale.
(b) Watching a movie with her favorite actor.
(c) Hearing a new song she loved.
(d) Seeing a boy with his shirt off.
9. How do people know that Cecilia has attempted suicide a second time?
(a) They hear her scream.
(b) They see it happen.
(c) They hear her fall.
(d) One of her sisters finds her.
10. Which of these is NOT something the boys get Joe to do?
(a) Wiggle his ears.
(c) Call heads or tails for a coin flip.
11. What garment does Cecilia always wear?
(a) A flannel nightgown.
(b) An old wedding dress.
(c) Her father's sweater.
(d) A floral scarf.
12. Which boy is known as the brainy one?
(a) David Barker.
(b) Kevin Head.
(c) Tim Winer.
(d) Chase Buell.
13. Where do the boys congregate after changing out of their party clothes?
(a) Paul Baldino's home.
(b) Chase Buell's roof.
(c) The Lisbons' yard.
(d) Mr. Larson's Oldsmobile.
14. What kind of music does Cecilia like to listen to?
(a) Bluegrass music.
(b) Celtic singers.
(c) Rock music.
(d) Classical pieces.
15. Who finds Cecilia's body first?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon.
(b) Paul Baldino.
(c) Cecilia's sisters.
(d) Mr. Lisbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reassuring noise do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon hear as the girls get ready for the party?
2. Which Lisbon girl is thought of as "the weird sister"?
3. Why are no bodies being buried during Chapter 2?
4. What does Cecilia do for the majority of the afternoon on the day she died?
5. What is Cecilia doing as she goes up and down the stairs before the party?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)