|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Cecilia after her first suicide attempt?
(a) Peter Sissen.
(b) Lux Lisbon.
(c) Mrs. Lisbon.
(d) Paul Baldino.
2. What is Mr. Lisbon's hobby?
(b) Crossword puzzles.
3. On whom does Dominic Palazzano have a crush?
(a) Diana Porter.
(b) Amy Schraff.
(c) Cecilia Lisbon.
(d) Lux Lisbon.
4. From where do the boys watch the paramedics arrive at the Lisbon house?
(a) The roof of the neighbors' house.
(b) The Lisbons' yard.
(c) Mr. Larson's Oldsmobile.
(d) The Lisbons' porch.
5. Who leaves the party early?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon.
(b) Diana Porter.
(c) Joe the Retard.
(d) Cecilia Lisbon.
6. Where is Cecilia during the majority of the party?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) On a barstool.
(c) In a corner.
(d) On the couch.
7. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Cecilia's asking to leave the party?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is sad.
(d) She is angry.
8. Where is Mr. Lisbon's razor found?
(a) In the toilet.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) In the sink.
(d) In the medicine cabinet.
9. There is a rumor that which Lisbon girl has a crush on Dominic Palazzano?
10. How much time elapses between the first Lisbon girl's attempt at suicide and the last Lisbon girl's attempt?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Thirteen months.
(d) Six months.
11. How long before her death does Cecilia begin writing her diary?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Nine months.
12. What does Cecilia do after leaving the party before going upstairs?
(a) She eats a cookie.
(b) She watches a TV program.
(c) She drinks some pear juice.
(d) She writes a note for her family.
13. Why are the neighborhood children kept from the funeral?
(a) The children are supposed to be in school.
(b) The Lisbons request that only adults attend.
(c) To protect their minds from being contaminated by the tragedy.
(d) There isn't enough room in the church.
14. What does Mr. Lisbon say was Cecilia's state of mind the day she killed herself?
(a) Angry about having to help with the party.
(b) Very sad.
(d) Pleased about the upcoming party.
15. What kind of music does Cecilia like to listen to?
(a) Bluegrass music.
(b) Classical pieces.
(c) Rock music.
(d) Celtic singers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Alton?
2. What is Cecilia doing as she goes up and down the stairs before the party?
3. Why are no bodies being buried during Chapter 2?
4. What does Mrs. Pitzenberger think she sees in Cecilia's hand?
5. Which of the Lisbon girls is the first to attempt suicide?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)