|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cecilia holding when she is taken to the hospital?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A picture of the Virgin Mary.
(c) A stuffed animal.
(d) A book.
2. Which Lisbon girl has a chipped tooth?
3. Who finds Cecilia after her first suicide attempt?
(a) Mrs. Lisbon.
(b) Peter Sissen.
(c) Lux Lisbon.
(d) Paul Baldino.
4. Why are no bodies being buried during Chapter 2?
(a) Everyone was being cremated.
(b) The ground was frozen.
(c) Cemetery workers were on strike.
(d) No one had died.
5. In what is Cecilia buried?
(a) A beige dress with a lace collar.
(b) Her nightgown.
(c) The wedding dress she always wore.
(d) A blue flowered dress.
6. Who finds Cecilia's body first?
(a) Paul Baldino.
(b) Cecilia's sisters.
(c) Mr. Lisbon.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon.
7. What does Mrs. Lisbon notice about her daughter's appearance inside the casket?
(a) Her bitten fingernails.
(b) Her chapped lips.
(c) Her bony knees.
(d) Her dry skin.
8. Whose late arrival gives life to the party?
(a) Dominic Palazzano.
(b) Sammy "the Shark" Baldino.
(c) Jeff Maldrum.
9. What is found hanging from a crucifix in one of the girls' rooms?
(c) A scarf.
(d) A brassiere.
10. What is Mrs. Lisbon serving at the party?
(b) Cheese and crackers.
11. What is Mrs. Lisbon's reaction to Cecilia's asking to leave the party?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She doesn't care.
(d) She is surprised.
12. Which boy is the only one who has been allowed into the Lisbon home?
(a) Peter Sissen.
(b) Dominic Palazzolo.
(c) Joe Larson.
(d) Paul Baldino.
13. What is Cecilia doing as she goes up and down the stairs before the party?
(a) Trying on different shoes.
(b) Trying on different outfits.
(c) Changing her hairdo.
(d) Looking for her favorite necklace.
14. Which Lisbon girl is thought of as "the weird sister"?
15. On whom does Dominic Palazzano have a crush?
(a) Amy Schraff.
(b) Cecilia Lisbon.
(c) Diana Porter.
(d) Lux Lisbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boy is known as the brainy one?
2. Where are the scars Cecilia tried to hide?
3. Which sister interrupts one of the boys in his search through their bathroom?
4. Why are the neighborhood children kept from the funeral?
5. What does Paul say the concrete tree stump in his yard is?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)