|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what is Cecilia buried?
(a) Her nightgown.
(b) A beige dress with a lace collar.
(c) A blue flowered dress.
(d) The wedding dress she always wore.
2. What prompts Lux to write all over her binder and her underwear?
(a) Hearing a new song she loved.
(b) Seeing a boy with his shirt off.
(c) Stroking a whale.
(d) Watching a movie with her favorite actor.
3. Which sister has her own bedroom?
4. How much time elapses between the first Lisbon girl's attempt at suicide and the last Lisbon girl's attempt?
(a) Thirteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two years.
5. Which boy is the only one who has been allowed into the Lisbon home?
(a) Peter Sissen.
(b) Dominic Palazzolo.
(c) Paul Baldino.
(d) Joe Larson.
6. Who finds Cecilia after her first suicide attempt?
(a) Lux Lisbon.
(b) Peter Sissen.
(c) Mrs. Lisbon.
(d) Paul Baldino.
7. In what room do the girls hold their first party?
(a) The basement.
(b) The patio.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
8. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon not find Cecilia's demeanor during the party strange?
(a) She is always quiet with company.
(b) She is on drugs that made her sleepy.
(c) She isn't feeling well.
(d) She is just as sociable as usual.
9. Which Lisbon sister used a depilatory wax?
10. How does Cecilia succeed in killing herself?
(a) She slits her wrists.
(b) She takes sleeping pills.
(c) She impales herself on a fence.
(d) She hangs herself.
11. Who, in the boys' collective memory, has died recently?
(a) A grandmother.
(b) Family dogs.
(c) A great-uncle.
(d) A town librarian.
12. When, according to the boys, had "the majority of the dying" occurred?
(a) During the Vietnam War.
(b) During a major influenza epidemic.
(c) During the Korean War.
(d) During World War II.
13. What major event has never happened in the town during the boys' lifetimes?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A flood.
(c) A parade.
(d) A funeral.
14. What is Cecilia holding when she is taken to the hospital?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A picture of the Virgin Mary.
(c) A book.
(d) A stuffed animal.
15. What accessory is Cecilia wearing at the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Cecilia's major subjects near the end of the diary?
2. What does Mrs. Lisbon notice about her daughter's appearance inside the casket?
3. Where is Dominic from?
4. What reassuring noise do Mr. and Mrs. Lisbon hear as the girls get ready for the party?
5. There is a rumor that which Lisbon girl has a crush on Dominic Palazzano?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)