|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Cecilia's body first?
(a) Mr. Lisbon.
(b) Paul Baldino.
(c) Mrs. Lisbon.
(d) Cecilia's sisters.
2. Who, in the boys' collective memory, has died recently?
(a) A grandmother.
(b) A town librarian.
(c) Family dogs.
(d) A great-uncle.
3. What is found hanging from a crucifix in one of the girls' rooms?
(b) A brassiere.
(d) A scarf.
4. How does Cecilia succeed in killing herself?
(a) She slits her wrists.
(b) She takes sleeping pills.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She impales herself on a fence.
5. How much time elapses between the first Lisbon girl's attempt at suicide and the last Lisbon girl's attempt?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) Thirteen months.
6. What kind of music does Cecilia like to listen to?
(a) Classical pieces.
(b) Rock music.
(c) Bluegrass music.
(d) Celtic singers.
7. What does Cecilia do after leaving the party before going upstairs?
(a) She writes a note for her family.
(b) She eats a cookie.
(c) She drinks some pear juice.
(d) She watches a TV program.
8. What does Cecilia do for the majority of the afternoon on the day she died?
(a) She takes a bath.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) She reads a magazine.
(d) She helps decorate the house.
9. There is a rumor that which Lisbon girl has a crush on Dominic Palazzano?
10. How do people know that Cecilia has attempted suicide a second time?
(a) They hear her scream.
(b) One of her sisters finds her.
(c) They hear her fall.
(d) They see it happen.
11. Which sister interrupts one of the boys in his search through their bathroom?
12. What is Mr. Lisbon's profession?
(b) Public relations executive.
(d) High school math teacher.
13. From where do the boys watch the paramedics arrive at the Lisbon house?
(a) The Lisbons' yard.
(b) The roof of the neighbors' house.
(c) Mr. Larson's Oldsmobile.
(d) The Lisbons' porch.
14. Which of the Lisbon girls is the first to attempt suicide?
15. Which boy is known as the brainy one?
(a) David Barker.
(b) Kevin Head.
(c) Chase Buell.
(d) Tim Winer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister has her own bedroom?
2. Who is Mr. Alton?
3. What does Dominic do to prove his love?
4. Which of the Lisbon girls is the last to attempt suicide?
5. Who takes Cecilia's diary from the Lisbon house?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)