|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the neighborhood children kept from the funeral?
(a) To protect their minds from being contaminated by the tragedy.
(b) There isn't enough room in the church.
(c) The Lisbons request that only adults attend.
(d) The children are supposed to be in school.
2. What do the girls attempt to save from certain death?
(a) The elm tree in their yard.
(b) A stray cat.
(c) An injured bird.
(d) A raccoon.
3. Where do the neighbors suspect the Lisbons are getting their food from?
(a) A friend does their grocery shopping.
(b) Their well-stocked bomb shelter.
(c) Regular grocery deliveries.
(d) Mrs. Lisbon goes shopping regularly.
4. What does Trip ask Mr. Lisbon during fourth period?
(a) For permission to marry Lux.
(b) For help with his science homework.
(c) For a college recommendation.
(d) For permission to take Lux to Homecoming.
5. Where does Trip finally make contact with Lux?
(a) In the parking lot.
(b) At lunchtime.
(c) At Assembly.
(d) During math class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Old Mrs. Karafilis live?
2. What health issue is Lux discovered to have while in the hospital?
3. How long before her death does Cecilia begin writing her diary?
4. What do Lux and Julie do instead of going to class?
5. Who visits Lux in the hospital?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)