Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Murderers, what does Melvin Bloom tell the boys on the corner one summer afternoon?
2. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
3. In Murderers, what music could the boys hear from their vantage point?
4. What do Connie and Arnold find they are both listening to on the radio at the same time?
5. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
Essay Topic 1
In his story The Things They Carried, Tim O'Brien differentials between the physical things the soldiers carried on their backs and those they carry in their hearts and minds. Contrast and compare the physical and emotional things the men carried and how each affect a soldier.
Essay Topic 2
What unusual literary device does Jamaica Kincaid use in her story Girl? Why and how does this device succeed in this piece?
Essay Topic 3
Susan Power entitled her story about Margaret Many Wounds' death Moonwalk. Why did she use this title? How does the title mean more than one thing in the context of the story?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)