|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two men who come to visit Gunther leave with him as they go?
2. Who does Lemuel Strayhorn ask to help him with his and Daddy Garbage's discovery?
3. Where is Elliot's office?
4. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
5. In Aunt Granny Lith, what does Nomey give Beth to wear?
Essay Topic 1
In the story Minor Heroism, from whose point of view is the story told? How is point of view, or voice, used to enrich the story? Discuss and use examples.
Essay Topic 2
In the story Lawn, the narrator steals from the mail room of her dormitory. In her life, she has had a great deal stolen from her. Discuss what the narrator steals and why, and then what has been stolen from her and why. Can she ever be compensated for what has been stolen from her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What unusual literary device does Jamaica Kincaid use in her story Girl? Why and how does this device succeed in this piece?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)