|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
2. In the story Helping, who is Vopotik?
3. What did the narrator of Rules of the Game receive at the annual church Christmas party?
4. In The Things They Carried, what are some of things the soldiers carry for personal use?
5. What lie does Blankenship tell everyone?
Essay Topic 1
In Cathedral, the husband and Robert are very different people. Robert is blind and the husband is not, but that is not the most important different between them. How do these characters exchange sight in the evening they spend together? How does the evening change both men?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Ad Magic? How does his name give important information about who he is and what he does with his life? How does his affliction blur the lines of reality and fantasy for Ad Magic?
Essay Topic 3
The Fat Girl chronicles the story of a young woman with an eating disorder. How does Louise suffer at the hands of those who wish to help her? Discuss her relationships with her mother, her college roommate, and her husband in your essay.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)