|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At dinner, how does Jane introduce herself and Danica to the couple at their table?
2. Where are Jane's parents drinking on the train?
3. What gender does Beth believe her baby to be?
4. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
5. In The Things They Carried, what does First Lieutenant Jimmy Cross carry with him in Vietnam?
Essay Topic 1
In his story The Things They Carried, Tim O'Brien differentials between the physical things the soldiers carried on their backs and those they carry in their hearts and minds. Contrast and compare the physical and emotional things the men carried and how each affect a soldier.
Essay Topic 2
In the story Dog Heaven, the author has created two children and a dog who live in a work of adults involved in the military. The narrator therefore focuses the story on the elements of childhood most recognized by people growing up. Discuss three of those elements and how they help the reader to relate to the story and to the narrator as a child.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Ad Magic? How does his name give important information about who he is and what he does with his life? How does his affliction blur the lines of reality and fantasy for Ad Magic?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)