Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Murderers, what does Melvin Bloom tell the boys on the corner one summer afternoon?
2. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
3. In Murderers, what music could the boys hear from their vantage point?
4. What do Connie and Arnold find they are both listening to on the radio at the same time?
5. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
In her short story, Tan describes "invisible strength." How does MeiMei interpret the concept of invisible strength? What does she accomplish using this concept? What other female in another story uses what could be called invisible strength and how is it similar to MeiMei's?
Based on the plot of the story and the main character, why do you think Scott Bradfield names his story "The Darling"?
Chose three female characters from any of the short stories in the book. Discuss what these three women have in common with each other, and how they are different from each other. Include the ways in which the woman are victims and of what or whom.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)