|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
2. Where does the narrator of Lawns work?
3. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
4. In the story Dog Heaven, what game does the narrator play with Sparky Smith?
5. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys in Murderers get caught on their misadventure, and what happens to them?
2. Where is the priest going at the end of Departures, and where has he been? How is he traveling?
3. In Cody's Story, who are Cody and G.R.? What do they do for a living and where?
4. In the story Helping, who are Elliot and Grace and what do they do for a living? How are their jobs similar and how are they different?
5. Who is the narrator of Lawns, and what is her crime?
6. In the story Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been, who is Arnold French, and how does he strike up a conversation with Connie?
7. How does Casey know Aunt Granny Lith, and what does he do when he sees her again?
8. In Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds and what is happening to her as the story opens? Who is taking care of her?
9. In Men Under Water, who is the narrator's wife, and how does she feel about him working for Gunther? What does the narrator do for a living?
10. What does G.R. ask Cody after he hears Cody's story of his near accident off the mountain that day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the title "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" mean in relation to the main character Connie?
Essay Topic 2
In Cathedral, the husband and Robert are very different people. Robert is blind and the husband is not, but that is not the most important different between them. How do these characters exchange sight in the evening they spend together? How does the evening change both men?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author portray nature and the forces of nature in the story Wickedness?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)