|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Aunt Granny Lith, when did Casey's first wife die?
2. Where do Gunther and the narrator meet in the morning?
3. In the story Trains, how old are Danica and Jane?
4. In the story Rules of Invisible Strength, what is invisible strength?
5. In his dream, what does the priest see the soldier do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story Dog Heaven, who is Sparky Smith and what game does he and the narrator play together?
2. In the story Helping, who are Elliot and Grace and what do they do for a living? How are their jobs similar and how are they different?
3. Who is Vopotik in the story Helping?
4. In the story Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been, who is Arnold French, and how does he strike up a conversation with Connie?
5. In Men Under Water, who is the narrator's wife, and how does she feel about him working for Gunther? What does the narrator do for a living?
6. In the short story Aunt Granny Lith, who is Aunt Granny Lith?
7. Why does Daniel not want the narrator of Home to see his back?
8. In Cody's Story, who are Cody and G.R.? What do they do for a living and where?
9. How does Connie's mother treat her?
10. In the story Rules of the Game, who is Lau Fo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Danica asks Mr. Muirhead, in the story Train, whether she and Jane will be friends forever, how does he respond? Why does he know these things about his daughter, and likewise know Danica is not like his daughter?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Ad Magic? How does his name give important information about who he is and what he does with his life? How does his affliction blur the lines of reality and fantasy for Ad Magic?
Essay Topic 3
Based on the plot of the story and the main character, why do you think Scott Bradfield names his story "The Darling"?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)