Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Murderers, what does Melvin Bloom tell the boys on the corner one summer afternoon?
2. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
3. In Murderers, what music could the boys hear from their vantage point?
4. What do Connie and Arnold find they are both listening to on the radio at the same time?
5. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
Alcohol is a theme in some of the stories in this collection. Compare the drinking and the effect drinking has on these characters and their close relationships: Walter in All The Way To Flagstaff, Arizona; Willi Vorig in Talk of Heroes, and Lenny in Tall Tales From the Mekong Delta.
In his Introduction, Tobias Wolff quotes Kafka as saying literature is like an axe with which to break "the frozen sea within us." What did Kafka mean by this? What two stories in the collection had this affect on you and why?
In the story Minor Heroism, from whose point of view is the story told? How is point of view, or voice, used to enrich the story? Discuss and use examples.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)