|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Cody's Story, who is Cody's partner?
(a) G.R. Trimble
(b) G.R. Thompson.
(c) G.R. Treshman.
(d) G.R. Tailer.
2. Why does Aunt Granny Lith haunt Casey in his marriage?
(a) When he was a child, he asked her to marry him.
(b) She was his second wife.
(c) Her daughter was Casey's first wife.
(d) She was his first wife.
3. How does Sparky Smith die?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He falls off a cliff.
(d) He is shot.
4. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
(a) Her father asked her to come take care of her mother.
(b) She ran out of money and was not in love with anyone.
(c) Her sister called her and told her to go visit their mother.
(d) Her mother is dying of Parkinson's disease.
5. Why does Mr. Muirhead say he always talks to young men?
(a) Because he is fascinated with their career choices.
(b) Because he is interested in young men.
(c) Because he is bored talking to his family.
(d) Becaue his wife will not let him talk to young women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Margaret's family members learn about Dr. Sakuma?
2. In Aunt Granny Lith, what does Nomey give Beth to wear?
3. In the story Rules of Invisible Strength, what is invisible strength?
4. Who is Daddy Garbage?
5. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before she dies, what story does Margaret tell Evie and Lydia that change their lives?
2. What secret does the narrator of Lawns finally reveal to her boyfriend and her mother? How do they react?
3. In the story Murderers, who do the young boys want to see when they climb up onto the water tower, and why?
4. How does Casey know Aunt Granny Lith, and what does he do when he sees her again?
5. In the story Rules of the Game, who is Lau Fo?
6. In Men Under Water, who is the narrator's wife, and how does she feel about him working for Gunther? What does the narrator do for a living?
7. In the short story Aunt Granny Lith, who is Aunt Granny Lith?
8. In the story Dog Heaven, who is Sparky Smith and what game does he and the narrator play together?
9. Who is the main character of Departures? How old is he when the story opens? Where is he going?
10. In the story Home, what does the narrator's mother say to her to convince the narrator to move in with her for awhile? What help does she offer her daughter in the move?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)