|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator of Lawns fall in love with the second time she sees him?
2. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
(a) They drink until they pass out.
(b) They take a nap in the sun.
(c) They make their plan for their movie.
(d) They go diving in the swimming pool.
3. Where does the narrator of Lawns go to college?
4. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
(a) "Were you as frightened as you thought you would be?"
(b) "What were you doing up there with all the ice?"
(c) "How did you get up there by yourself?"
(d) "Is it true that your whole life passes before your eyes?"
5. In the story Rules of Invisible Strength, what is invisible strength?
(a) A strategy for winning arguments and respect from others.
(b) Muscle toning and strength.
(c) Religious instruction.
(d) A superhero's powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of Men Under Water do for a living?
2. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
3. Who does Lemuel Strayhorn ask to help him with his and Daddy Garbage's discovery?
4. Who is Danica writing a postcard to about which that Jane criticizes her?
5. Where is the story Murderers set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspiration does Gunther in Men Under Water get about his next screenplay after visiting Acid Rain? Who does he find waiting for him at his home when he and the narrator pull up to his house?
2. How does Casey know Aunt Granny Lith, and what does he do when he sees her again?
3. Where are the soldiers stationed in The Things They Carried, and who are the main characters?
4. How does Connie's mother treat her?
5. In Cody's Story, who are Cody and G.R.? What do they do for a living and where?
6. In Rules of the Game, what is Meimei's mother's "chang"?
7. What news does the narrator receive about Sparky Smith shortly after her move from Fort Niagara?
8. In the story Daddy Garbage, how does Strayhorn discover the baby in the box?
9. Why does Daniel not want the narrator of Home to see his back?
10. What are some of the superstitious things the soldiers carry with them, and what is the most unusual of them?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)