|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of Men Under Water do for a living?
(a) He is poet.
(b) He is an experienced playwriter.
(c) He is an actor.
(d) He is a handyman and general helper.
2. Where do Gunther and the narrator meet in the morning?
(a) The Stubborn Spoon Diner.
(b) The Wonderland Diner.
(c) The Peter Pan Diner.
(d) The Shrek Diner.
3. In Dog Heaven, what is "Fact Monday"?
(a) The day on which the teacher showed a movie about state history.
(b) The day on which the teacher taught on a specific topic.
(c) The day on which students were tested on spelling words.
(d) The day on which students were tested on math facts.
4. Who is Blankenship?
(a) A psychiartist.
(b) A law partner.
(c) A petty thief who seeks Elliot's help.
(d) A fellow scientist at the university.
5. What do most of the PFC and Spec4s carry with them?
(a) An M-79 gas-operated rifle.
(b) An M-16 gas-operated assault rifle.
(c) An M-60 rifle.
(d) An M-79 gas-operated assault rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Connie and Arnold find they are both listening to on the radio at the same time?
2. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
3. Why is Grace angry with Elliot throughout the story?
4. Where does Strayhorn find his friend John?
5. Where does the narrator of Lawns go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Rules of the Game, what is Meimei's mother's "chang"?
2. In the story Murderers, who do the young boys want to see when they climb up onto the water tower, and why?
3. Where are the soldiers stationed in The Things They Carried, and who are the main characters?
4. What news does the narrator receive about Sparky Smith shortly after her move from Fort Niagara?
5. In the story Home, what does the narrator's mother say to her to convince the narrator to move in with her for awhile? What help does she offer her daughter in the move?
6. In Men Under Water, who is the narrator's wife, and how does she feel about him working for Gunther? What does the narrator do for a living?
7. In the story Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been, who is Arnold French, and how does he strike up a conversation with Connie?
8. Why does Daniel not want the narrator of Home to see his back?
9. What does G.R. ask Cody after he hears Cody's story of his near accident off the mountain that day?
10. In the story Helping, who are Elliot and Grace and what do they do for a living? How are their jobs similar and how are they different?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)