|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sparky Smith die?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He falls off a cliff.
(d) He is hit by a car.
2. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
3. In Lawns, what room has the narrator reserved at the hotel?
(a) The Bridal Suite.
(b) The Annex Room.
(c) The Penthouse.
(d) The Washington Room.
4. What do the two men who come to visit Gunther leave with him as they go?
(a) Their Mercedes.
(b) Their standard poodle George.
(c) A check for good-faith money for the movie.
(d) Twenty thousand dollars in cash.
5. In Murderers, who runs the camp to which the narrator goes in New Jersey?
(a) WWII veterans.
(c) Camp counselors.
(d) Marsha Bernstein's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dog Heaven, what is "Fact Monday"?
2. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
3. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
4. Who does the narrator of Lawns fall in love with the second time she sees him?
5. Who is Danica writing a postcard to about which that Jane criticizes her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions does Danica ask Jane's father near the end of the train trip, and how does he respond?
2. What secret does the narrator of Lawns finally reveal to her boyfriend and her mother? How do they react?
3. In Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds and what is happening to her as the story opens? Who is taking care of her?
4. In Men Under Water, who is the narrator's wife, and how does she feel about him working for Gunther? What does the narrator do for a living?
5. Who is the narrator of Lawns, and what is her crime?
6. How do the boys in Murderers get caught on their misadventure, and what happens to them?
7. Where is the priest going at the end of Departures, and where has he been? How is he traveling?
8. Who does Strayhorn immediately find to help him figure out what to do with the dead baby and why?
9. How does Connie's mother treat her?
10. In Rules of the Game, what is Meimei's mother's "chang"?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)