|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
(a) Of cancer.
(b) Of a brain tumor.
(c) Of pneumonia.
(d) Of tuberculosis.
2. At dinner, how does Jane introduce herself and Danica to the couple at their table?
(a) As Crystal and Clara, twin sisters.
(b) As Jane and Danica, musical talents.
(c) As Carrin and Clara, twin gymnasts.
(d) As Cathy and Carra, acrobats.
3. Where does Margaret explain her grandmother's wedding dress is?
(a) The St. Louis Art Museum.
(b) The Metropolitan Museum in New York.
(c) The Walker Art Museum in Minneapolis.
(d) The Field Museum in Chicago.
4. Who are Evie and Lydia?
(a) Margaret's best friends.
(b) Margaret's sisters.
(c) Margaret's granddaughters.
(d) Margaret's daughters.
5. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
(a) "How did you get up there by yourself?"
(b) "What were you doing up there with all the ice?"
(c) "Were you as frightened as you thought you would be?"
(d) "Is it true that your whole life passes before your eyes?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Helping, what do both Elliot and Grace do for a living?
2. Why do Gunther and the narrator show up at Otis and Luke's' house?
3. Who is Buck in Cody's Story?
4. What lie does Blankenship tell everyone?
5. Who gives birth at the end of Daddy Garbage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before she dies, what story does Margaret tell Evie and Lydia that change their lives?
2. How does Casey know Aunt Granny Lith, and what does he do when he sees her again?
3. Who does Strayhorn immediately find to help him figure out what to do with the dead baby and why?
4. What are some of the superstitious things the soldiers carry with them, and what is the most unusual of them?
5. Where are the soldiers stationed in The Things They Carried, and who are the main characters?
6. What news does the narrator receive about Sparky Smith shortly after her move from Fort Niagara?
7. Why does Daniel not want the narrator of Home to see his back?
8. In Cody's Story, who are Cody and G.R.? What do they do for a living and where?
9. In the story Helping, who are Elliot and Grace and what do they do for a living? How are their jobs similar and how are they different?
10. In the story Daddy Garbage, how does Strayhorn discover the baby in the box?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)