|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) Seventeen Magazine.
(c) Life Magazine.
2. What does the priest say to his mother when he sees her?
(a) "I will kiss you on the cheek but do not touch me."
(b) "Let us go inside for a hug and a kiss."
(c) "It is too noisy out here to talk."
(d) "Do not kiss me in public, it is embarrassing."
3. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
(a) "What were you doing up there with all the ice?"
(b) "Were you as frightened as you thought you would be?"
(c) "Is it true that your whole life passes before your eyes?"
(d) "How did you get up there by yourself?"
4. What is Acid Rain?
(a) An actress who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(b) A environmental awareness club.
(c) A group of college students who rent Gunther's apartment.
(d) A rock band who rents one of Gunther's houses.
5. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
(a) She is a school counselor.
(b) She is a tutor for remedial reading students.
(c) She is a second grade teacher.
(d) She is a math tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the boys in Murderers see from their perch on the water tank?
2. In the story Rules of Invisible Strength, what is invisible strength?
3. Why does Mr. Muirhead say he always talks to young men?
4. In the story Lawns, how does the narrator identify herself in the first sentence of the story?
5. In Rules of the Game, who in the narrator's family received a chess set at the annual church Christmas party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Lawns, and what is her crime?
2. What are some of the superstitious things the soldiers carry with them, and what is the most unusual of them?
3. In the short story Train, who are the two little girls on the train, how old are they, and where are they going?
4. How does Connie's mother treat her?
5. What questions does Danica ask Jane's father near the end of the train trip, and how does he respond?
6. In Cody's Story, who are Cody and G.R.? What do they do for a living and where?
7. Before she dies, what story does Margaret tell Evie and Lydia that change their lives?
8. In the story Rules of the Game, who is Lau Fo?
9. In the short story Aunt Granny Lith, who is Aunt Granny Lith?
10. What does G.R. ask Cody after he hears Cody's story of his near accident off the mountain that day?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)