|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Things They Carried, what does First Lieutenant Jimmy Cross carry with him in Vietnam?
(a) Letters from his sister Marion.
(b) Letters from his girlfriend Martha.
(c) Letters from his girlfriend Marie.
(d) Letters from his mother.
2. Who is Buck in Cody's Story?
(a) Timble's son.
(b) Cody's dog.
(c) G.R.'s horse.
(d) G.R.'s tractor trailor.
3. Where does the narrator of Lawns work?
(a) In the bank on her college campus.
(b) In the library of her college.
(c) In the mailroom of her dormitory.
(d) In the department store in her college town.
4. Where does Beth tell Casey he has to go by himself the evening of the full moon?
(a) To the doctor to get a check up.
(b) To Flatgap and into the log.
(c) To Flatgap to make a bonfire.
(d) To town to get a crib.
5. Who does the narrator of Lawns fall in love with the second time she sees him?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Helping, who is Vopotik?
2. How old is Connie in Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
3. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
4. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
5. What did Evie envy about Lydia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the soldiers stationed in The Things They Carried, and who are the main characters?
2. In Cody's Story, who are Cody and G.R.? What do they do for a living and where?
3. What questions does Danica ask Jane's father near the end of the train trip, and how does he respond?
4. Who is Vopotik in the story Helping?
5. In the story Murderers, who do the young boys want to see when they climb up onto the water tower, and why?
6. How do the boys in Murderers get caught on their misadventure, and what happens to them?
7. In Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds and what is happening to her as the story opens? Who is taking care of her?
8. How does Connie's mother treat her?
9. In the short story Train, who are the two little girls on the train, how old are they, and where are they going?
10. In Rules of the Game, what is Meimei's mother's "chang"?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)