|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
(a) Of a brain tumor.
(b) Of tuberculosis.
(c) Of cancer.
(d) Of pneumonia.
2. Who are Evie and Lydia?
(a) Margaret's daughters.
(b) Margaret's granddaughters.
(c) Margaret's best friends.
(d) Margaret's sisters.
3. In The Things They Carried, what does First Lieutenant Jimmy Cross carry with him in Vietnam?
(a) Letters from his girlfriend Marie.
(b) Letters from his sister Marion.
(c) Letters from his girlfriend Martha.
(d) Letters from his mother.
4. In Cody's Story, who is Cody's partner?
(a) G.R. Thompson.
(b) G.R. Tailer.
(c) G.R. Treshman.
(d) G.R. Trimble
5. How are the characters in Trains traveling to Florida?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) By boat.
(d) By bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
2. In the story Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds?
3. In The Things They Carried, what are some of things the soldiers carry for personal use?
4. Who does the narrator meet observing a chess game in the park one afternoon in Rules of the Game?
5. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspiration does Gunther in Men Under Water get about his next screenplay after visiting Acid Rain? Who does he find waiting for him at his home when he and the narrator pull up to his house?
2. In Men Under Water, who is the narrator's wife, and how does she feel about him working for Gunther? What does the narrator do for a living?
3. In the story Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been, who is Arnold French, and how does he strike up a conversation with Connie?
4. In the short story Train, who are the two little girls on the train, how old are they, and where are they going?
5. What does G.R. ask Cody after he hears Cody's story of his near accident off the mountain that day?
6. In the story Murderers, who do the young boys want to see when they climb up onto the water tower, and why?
7. Why does Daniel not want the narrator of Home to see his back?
8. Before she dies, what story does Margaret tell Evie and Lydia that change their lives?
9. Who is Vopotik in the story Helping?
10. In the story Daddy Garbage, how does Strayhorn discover the baby in the box?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)