|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the characters in Trains traveling to Florida?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By boat.
2. Why do Gunther and the narrator show up at Otis and Luke's' house?
(a) To repair the broken windows.
(b) To repair the broken stove.
(c) To repair the washing machine.
(d) To repair the three broken toilets.
3. Who are Evie and Lydia?
(a) Margaret's granddaughters.
(b) Margaret's best friends.
(c) Margaret's daughters.
(d) Margaret's sisters.
4. In Lawns, what room has the narrator reserved at the hotel?
(a) The Penthouse.
(b) The Bridal Suite.
(c) The Annex Room.
(d) The Washington Room.
5. Who is in the car with Arnold when he comes to Connie's house?
(a) Connie's sister June.
(b) Connie's friend Alice.
(c) HIs friend Ellie.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
2. What does Cody's partner spell in the snow one morning?
3. What is Acid Rain?
4. How does Sparky Smith die?
5. In Daddy Garbage, who is Lemuel Strayhorn?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story Murderers, who do the young boys want to see when they climb up onto the water tower, and why?
2. In the story Home, what does the narrator's mother say to her to convince the narrator to move in with her for awhile? What help does she offer her daughter in the move?
3. Where is the priest going at the end of Departures, and where has he been? How is he traveling?
4. In the story Daddy Garbage, how does Strayhorn discover the baby in the box?
5. In Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds and what is happening to her as the story opens? Who is taking care of her?
6. Where are the soldiers stationed in The Things They Carried, and who are the main characters?
7. In the short story Aunt Granny Lith, who is Aunt Granny Lith?
8. In the short story Train, who are the two little girls on the train, how old are they, and where are they going?
9. What inspiration does Gunther in Men Under Water get about his next screenplay after visiting Acid Rain? Who does he find waiting for him at his home when he and the narrator pull up to his house?
10. Who is the main character of Departures? How old is he when the story opens? Where is he going?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)