|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gunther and the narrator meet in the morning?
(a) The Stubborn Spoon Diner.
(b) The Shrek Diner.
(c) The Wonderland Diner.
(d) The Peter Pan Diner.
2. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
3. How old is Connie in Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
4. Where does Margaret explain her grandmother's wedding dress is?
(a) The Walker Art Museum in Minneapolis.
(b) The Metropolitan Museum in New York.
(c) The Field Museum in Chicago.
(d) The St. Louis Art Museum.
5. In Murderers, who runs the camp to which the narrator goes in New Jersey?
(a) Camp counselors.
(c) WWII veterans.
(d) Marsha Bernstein's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
2. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
3. In Departures, according to the young seminarian, for how long do Jesuits meditate each day?
4. In The Things They Carried, what does First Lieutenant Jimmy Cross carry with him in Vietnam?
5. What does the priest say to his mother when he sees her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys in Murderers get caught on their misadventure, and what happens to them?
2. Who is Vopotik in the story Helping?
3. What are some of the superstitious things the soldiers carry with them, and what is the most unusual of them?
4. How does Connie's mother treat her?
5. What does G.R. ask Cody after he hears Cody's story of his near accident off the mountain that day?
6. Where are the soldiers stationed in The Things They Carried, and who are the main characters?
7. In the short story Train, who are the two little girls on the train, how old are they, and where are they going?
8. What secret does the narrator of Lawns finally reveal to her boyfriend and her mother? How do they react?
9. In Men Under Water, who is the narrator's wife, and how does she feel about him working for Gunther? What does the narrator do for a living?
10. In the story Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been, who is Arnold French, and how does he strike up a conversation with Connie?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)