|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Blankenship tell everyone?
(a) He is a Vietnam veteran.
(b) He is a published author.
(c) He is an idiot savant.
(d) He is Einstein's great grandson.
2. In Aunt Granny Lith, what does Nomey give Beth to wear?
(a) A chain or garlic.
(b) A gold necklace.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A piece of moley root.
3. What can the boys in Murderers see from their perch on the water tank?
(a) The Miracle Mile.
(b) MIchigan Avenue.
(c) The Brooklyn Navy Yard.
(d) The New Jersey Turnpike.
4. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
5. What do Margaret's family members learn about Dr. Sakuma?
(a) He was the man who named her Many Wounds.
(b) He was the father of her children.
(c) He was the teacher who inspired her to learn.
(d) He was her grandfather, a white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Aunt Granny Lith, when did Casey's first wife die?
2. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
3. In Murderers, who runs the camp to which the narrator goes in New Jersey?
4. Who dies on the day of the narrator's story in Murderers?
5. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Casey know Aunt Granny Lith, and what does he do when he sees her again?
2. Where is the priest going at the end of Departures, and where has he been? How is he traveling?
3. In the story Home, what does the narrator's mother say to her to convince the narrator to move in with her for awhile? What help does she offer her daughter in the move?
4. In the story Helping, who are Elliot and Grace and what do they do for a living? How are their jobs similar and how are they different?
5. Who is the main character of Departures? How old is he when the story opens? Where is he going?
6. In Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds and what is happening to her as the story opens? Who is taking care of her?
7. In Rules of the Game, what is Meimei's mother's "chang"?
8. Who is the narrator of Lawns, and what is her crime?
9. In the story Daddy Garbage, how does Strayhorn discover the baby in the box?
10. What questions does Danica ask Jane's father near the end of the train trip, and how does he respond?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)