|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because he is very hairy.
(b) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(c) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(d) Because of his deformity.
2. Who is in the car with Arnold when he comes to Connie's house?
(a) No one.
(b) HIs friend Ellie.
(c) Connie's friend Alice.
(d) Connie's sister June.
3. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
(a) He is shot in the back.
(b) He has a heart attack from fear.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) He is hit by a grenade.
4. Five years after her husband dies, with what is the priest's mother suffering?
5. In Dog Heaven, who is Duke?
(a) The mascot.
(b) The principal.
(c) The dog.
(d) The janitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At dinner, how does Jane introduce herself and Danica to the couple at their table?
2. What does Cody's partner spell in the snow one morning?
3. What did Evie envy about Lydia?
4. Where does the narrator of Lawns work?
5. In Murderers, what music could the boys hear from their vantage point?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Strayhorn immediately find to help him figure out what to do with the dead baby and why?
2. In the story Rules of the Game, who is Lau Fo?
3. How does Connie's mother treat her?
4. What inspiration does Gunther in Men Under Water get about his next screenplay after visiting Acid Rain? Who does he find waiting for him at his home when he and the narrator pull up to his house?
5. Before she dies, what story does Margaret tell Evie and Lydia that change their lives?
6. What news does the narrator receive about Sparky Smith shortly after her move from Fort Niagara?
7. Where are the soldiers stationed in The Things They Carried, and who are the main characters?
8. Where is the priest going at the end of Departures, and where has he been? How is he traveling?
9. In Cody's Story, who are Cody and G.R.? What do they do for a living and where?
10. In Men Under Water, who is the narrator's wife, and how does she feel about him working for Gunther? What does the narrator do for a living?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)