|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the boys in Murderers see from their perch on the water tank?
(a) The Miracle Mile.
(b) MIchigan Avenue.
(c) The New Jersey Turnpike.
(d) The Brooklyn Navy Yard.
2. At dinner, how does Jane introduce herself and Danica to the couple at their table?
(a) As Crystal and Clara, twin sisters.
(b) As Carrin and Clara, twin gymnasts.
(c) As Cathy and Carra, acrobats.
(d) As Jane and Danica, musical talents.
3. Who is in the car with Arnold when he comes to Connie's house?
(a) No one.
(b) Connie's sister June.
(c) HIs friend Ellie.
(d) Connie's friend Alice.
4. Where does the narrator of Lawns work?
(a) In the department store in her college town.
(b) In the mailroom of her dormitory.
(c) In the library of her college.
(d) In the bank on her college campus.
5. Why is Grace angry with Elliot throughout the story?
(a) Elliot has invited his uncle to live with them.
(b) Elliot is drinking again.
(c) Elliot is having an affair.
(d) Elliot is stealing drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Margaret explain her grandmother's wedding dress is?
2. Why does Mr. Muirhead say he always talks to young men?
3. What does Cody's partner spell in the snow one morning?
4. In the story Dog Heaven, what game does the narrator play with Sparky Smith?
5. In Dog Heaven, who is Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does the narrator of Lawns finally reveal to her boyfriend and her mother? How do they react?
2. Who does Strayhorn immediately find to help him figure out what to do with the dead baby and why?
3. In the story Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been, who is Arnold French, and how does he strike up a conversation with Connie?
4. In Cody's Story, who are Cody and G.R.? What do they do for a living and where?
5. Who is the narrator of Lawns, and what is her crime?
6. What are some of the superstitious things the soldiers carry with them, and what is the most unusual of them?
7. In Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds and what is happening to her as the story opens? Who is taking care of her?
8. Why does Daniel not want the narrator of Home to see his back?
9. How do the boys in Murderers get caught on their misadventure, and what happens to them?
10. How does Casey know Aunt Granny Lith, and what does he do when he sees her again?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)