|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sparky Smith die?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He falls off a cliff.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He drowns.
2. In the story Dog Heaven, what game does the narrator play with Sparky Smith?
3. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
(a) Phantom of the Opera.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Sound of Music.
4. What can the boys in Murderers see from their perch on the water tank?
(a) The New Jersey Turnpike.
(b) MIchigan Avenue.
(c) The Brooklyn Navy Yard.
(d) The Miracle Mile.
5. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
(a) They leave Lavender's belongings in Than Khe.
(b) They recruit the men from Than Khe.
(c) They evacuate women and children from Than Khe.
(d) They burns down Than Khe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator of Lawns fall in love with the second time she sees him?
2. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
3. In the story Helping, what do both Elliot and Grace do for a living?
4. What did the narrator of Rules of the Game receive at the annual church Christmas party?
5. What color is Arnold's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story Dog Heaven, who is Sparky Smith and what game does he and the narrator play together?
2. In Cody's Story, who are Cody and G.R.? What do they do for a living and where?
3. What questions does Danica ask Jane's father near the end of the train trip, and how does he respond?
4. Why does Daniel not want the narrator of Home to see his back?
5. Who is the narrator of Lawns, and what is her crime?
6. How does Casey know Aunt Granny Lith, and what does he do when he sees her again?
7. In the story Rules of the Game, who is Lau Fo?
8. What inspiration does Gunther in Men Under Water get about his next screenplay after visiting Acid Rain? Who does he find waiting for him at his home when he and the narrator pull up to his house?
9. Who is the main character of Departures? How old is he when the story opens? Where is he going?
10. In the story Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been, who is Arnold French, and how does he strike up a conversation with Connie?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)