|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
(a) Of tuberculosis.
(b) Of a brain tumor.
(c) Of pneumonia.
(d) Of cancer.
2. Where does the narrator of Lawns work?
(a) In the department store in her college town.
(b) In the bank on her college campus.
(c) In the mailroom of her dormitory.
(d) In the library of her college.
3. In Rules of the Game, who in the narrator's family received a chess set at the annual church Christmas party?
(a) Her brother Vincent.
(b) Her sister June.
(c) Her father Anton.
(d) Her aunt Jade.
4. Where does the narrator of Lawns go to college?
5. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
(a) To kill her.
(b) To move her.
(c) To love her.
(d) To marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Murderers, what does Melvin Bloom tell the boys on the corner one summer afternoon?
2. In Aunt Granny Lith, when did Casey's first wife die?
3. How does Sparky Smith die?
4. In the story Trains, how old are Danica and Jane?
5. What happens to Cody as he turns to go home from his nap on the rocks?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story Home, what does the narrator's mother say to her to convince the narrator to move in with her for awhile? What help does she offer her daughter in the move?
2. In the story Daddy Garbage, how does Strayhorn discover the baby in the box?
3. What secret does the narrator of Lawns finally reveal to her boyfriend and her mother? How do they react?
4. In the story Helping, who are Elliot and Grace and what do they do for a living? How are their jobs similar and how are they different?
5. Where is the priest going at the end of Departures, and where has he been? How is he traveling?
6. Why does Daniel not want the narrator of Home to see his back?
7. In Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds and what is happening to her as the story opens? Who is taking care of her?
8. In the story Rules of the Game, who is Lau Fo?
9. Before she dies, what story does Margaret tell Evie and Lydia that change their lives?
10. What questions does Danica ask Jane's father near the end of the train trip, and how does he respond?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)