|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
(a) A wounded child.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A dead baby.
(d) A puppy.
2. What happens to Cody as he turns to go home from his nap on the rocks?
(a) He slips and falls to the rocks below.
(b) He slips and slides toward the edge of the summit.
(c) He yells to G.R. and starts an avalanche.
(d) He trips over a tree root and nearly falls.
3. How old is Connie's sister?
(a) Twenty nine,
(b) Twenty four.
(c) Twenty seven.
4. Who does Lemuel Strayhorn ask to help him with his and Daddy Garbage's discovery?
(a) John Smith.
(b) John Fargone.
(c) John French.
(d) John Mathers.
5. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Evie envy about Lydia?
2. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
3. Who gives birth at the end of Daddy Garbage?
4. What does the priest say to his mother when he sees her?
5. What can the boys in Murderers see from their perch on the water tank?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story Murderers, who do the young boys want to see when they climb up onto the water tower, and why?
2. What questions does Danica ask Jane's father near the end of the train trip, and how does he respond?
3. What secret does the narrator of Lawns finally reveal to her boyfriend and her mother? How do they react?
4. Who is Vopotik in the story Helping?
5. In Cody's Story, who are Cody and G.R.? What do they do for a living and where?
6. What inspiration does Gunther in Men Under Water get about his next screenplay after visiting Acid Rain? Who does he find waiting for him at his home when he and the narrator pull up to his house?
7. In the story Home, what does the narrator's mother say to her to convince the narrator to move in with her for awhile? What help does she offer her daughter in the move?
8. In the story Rules of the Game, who is Lau Fo?
9. How do the boys in Murderers get caught on their misadventure, and what happens to them?
10. Who is the narrator of Lawns, and what is her crime?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)