|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth at the end of Daddy Garbage?
2. Who is Blankenship?
(a) A petty thief who seeks Elliot's help.
(b) A law partner.
(c) A psychiartist.
(d) A fellow scientist at the university.
3. At dinner, how does Jane introduce herself and Danica to the couple at their table?
(a) As Crystal and Clara, twin sisters.
(b) As Cathy and Carra, acrobats.
(c) As Carrin and Clara, twin gymnasts.
(d) As Jane and Danica, musical talents.
4. Why do Gunther and the narrator show up at Otis and Luke's' house?
(a) To repair the three broken toilets.
(b) To repair the washing machine.
(c) To repair the broken stove.
(d) To repair the broken windows.
5. Who dies on the day of the narrator's story in Murderers?
(a) Harold Cohen.
(b) Arnold Bloom.
(c) Marsha Bernstein.
(d) Melvin Bloom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Trains, how old are Danica and Jane?
2. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
3. Where does Beth tell Casey he has to go by himself the evening of the full moon?
4. In his dream, what does the priest see the soldier do?
5. In Lawns, what room has the narrator reserved at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Rules of the Game, what is Meimei's mother's "chang"?
2. In the story Home, what does the narrator's mother say to her to convince the narrator to move in with her for awhile? What help does she offer her daughter in the move?
3. What questions does Danica ask Jane's father near the end of the train trip, and how does he respond?
4. What news does the narrator receive about Sparky Smith shortly after her move from Fort Niagara?
5. Who is Vopotik in the story Helping?
6. Who does Strayhorn immediately find to help him figure out what to do with the dead baby and why?
7. Who is the main character of Departures? How old is he when the story opens? Where is he going?
8. How do the boys in Murderers get caught on their misadventure, and what happens to them?
9. Who is the narrator of Lawns, and what is her crime?
10. In Men Under Water, who is the narrator's wife, and how does she feel about him working for Gunther? What does the narrator do for a living?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)