|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because he is very hairy.
(b) Because of his deformity.
(c) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(d) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
2. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
(a) "How did you get up there by yourself?"
(b) "Is it true that your whole life passes before your eyes?"
(c) "Were you as frightened as you thought you would be?"
(d) "What were you doing up there with all the ice?"
3. Who are Evie and Lydia?
(a) Margaret's granddaughters.
(b) Margaret's daughters.
(c) Margaret's sisters.
(d) Margaret's best friends.
4. Where do the narrator of Rules of the Game and her family live?
(a) In Chicago's Chinatown.
(b) In San Francisco's Chinatown.
(c) In China.
(d) In New York's Chinatown.
5. What does the narrator of Men Under Water do for a living?
(a) He is poet.
(b) He is an actor.
(c) He is a handyman and general helper.
(d) He is an experienced playwriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Departures, according to the young seminarian, for how long do Jesuits meditate each day?
2. In Lawns, how does the narrator describe her mother?
3. How old is Connie in Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
4. In the story Murderers, what does Melvin Bloom tell the boys on the corner one summer afternoon?
5. At dinner, how does Jane introduce herself and Danica to the couple at their table?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)