|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator, Cheryl and Edna spend the night when their car breaks down?
(a) A Marriott.
(b) A Ramada.
(c) A Day's Inn.
(d) A Super 8.
2. When does the story Wickedness take place?
(a) In the mid twentieth century.
(b) In the late nineteenth century.
(c) In the late eighteenth century.
(d) In the early twentieth century.
3. What is Walter's problem?
(a) He is dying of cancer.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He is losing his memory.
4. Who is telling the story of the first day?
(a) The mother looking back on taking her child to school.
(b) The teacher taking in a new student to her classroom.
(c) The narrator looking back on the first day of kindergarten.
(d) The narrator looking back on the first day of summer camp.
5. In Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta, where is the protagonist going when she first meets Lenny?
(a) To the grocery.
(b) To work.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To her AA meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does the narrator of Rock Springs steal?
2. What did Louise sneak out of the kitchen when she was a young child?
3. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
4. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
5. What did Michael remember hearing as a child from the open window in his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hattie Benedict in Wickedness, and how does she survive the blizzard?
2. What are some of the things the speaker in Girl encourages the young girl to learn how to do in the home?
3. In Testimony of Pilot, how does Quadberry get the scar over his right eye?
4. In the story Wickedness, what happens in Nebraska on the twelfth of January, 1888? How does this affect the townspeople?
5. In the story The Fat Girl,When Louise examines herself in a mirror, what parts of her body does she like? What parts does she hate?
6. How does the narrator of Testimony of Pilot lose his hearing?
7. In The Fat Girl, what is the secret that follows Louise from high school to college?
8. In the story The First Day, where are the mother and child going at the opening of the story? Why is this an important day?
9. Why does Delores kill her husband Michael in Scott Bradfield's story "The Darling"?
10. In the story Rock Springs, how do Edna, Cheryl and the narrator end up in Rock Springs?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)