|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ad Magic give to the young boy with the performing monkey?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) All of his change.
(c) His hat.
(d) HIs sweater.
2. What Neil Young song does Georgie sing as he preps Mr. Weber?
(a) Southern Man.
(b) Cowgirl in the Sand.
(c) Cinnamon Girl.
(d) Sail Away.
3. In the story Chopin in Winter, who is the first person in Mrs. Kubiac's family to graduate from high school and attend college?
(a) Her daughter Marcy.
(b) Her daughter Marion.
(c) Her son Martin.
(d) Her son Matthew.
4. In Minor Heroism, what happens between father and son one New Year's Eve that shocks the father?
(a) His son told him he was getting married.
(b) His son knocked him to the ground.
(c) In anger the father hit his son.
(d) In frsutration the father called his son names.
5. Where do Irene and the children move when they leave Flagstaff?
(a) Miami, Florida.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(d) Nashville, Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
2. What unusual injury befalls Terrence Weber in Emergency?
3. What does Lenny in Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta give the protagonist before he leaves?
4. Who becomes deaf playing drums in a band in the story Testimony of Pilot?
5. What is Michael working on when he sits at the kitchen table in the evenings?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story The First Day, where are the mother and child going at the opening of the story? Why is this an important day?
2. In the story Chopin in Winter, what do Michael and Dzia-Dzia talk about at night and why?
3. In the story Rock Springs, how do Edna, Cheryl and the narrator end up in Rock Springs?
4. Where does Magic find the white horse, in what condition is the horse, and who does he call for help?
5. How does the woman in The Darling meet Lenny?
6. In Testimony of Pilot, how does Quadberry get the scar over his right eye?
7. Who are the main characters in River of Names, and how are they different from each other?
8. How does Dzia-Dzia describe Chopin's death?
9. In Carol Bly's story "Talk of Heroes," who is Willi Varig?
10. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where are Beth and her companion going for their romantic weekend, and how does the narrator describe the apartment?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)