Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Michael and Delores first find they have in common?
(a) They both loved Italian food.
(b) They both were married twice before.
(c) They both have cats.
(d) They both own guns.
2. After the accident, where does Ad Magic encounter the white horse?
(a) On the beach of the Arabian Sea.
(b) On the race track outside the restaurant.
(c) In front of the New Zealand Cafe.
(d) With the boy and the monkey.
3. In Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta, where is the protagonist going when she first meets Lenny?
(a) To work.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the grocery.
(d) To her AA meeting.
4. What show does Robert and his hosts end up watching on television?
(a) A show about automobiles.
(b) A show about dog training.
(c) A show about boating.
(d) A show about cathedrals.
5. Where does the narrator, Cheryl and Edna spend the night when their car breaks down?
(a) A Marriott.
(b) A Day's Inn.
(c) A Ramada.
(d) A Super 8.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Emily first meet Willi Varig?
2. In what condition does Varig arrive at Tusend Hjem on the night of the meeting?
3. In All the Way in Flagstaff, what does William want to do when he grows up?
4. In Minor Heroism, who is posing in the famous picture with the narrator's father?
5. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Delores kill her husband Michael in Scott Bradfield's story "The Darling"?
2. How does Connie's mother treat her?
3. In the story Cathedral, who is Robert and how does he enter the story?
4. Where are the soldiers stationed in The Things They Carried, and who are the main characters?
5. Where does Magic find the white horse, in what condition is the horse, and who does he call for help?
6. In the story Minor Heroism, who is Bryan, and what about him bothers his father?
7. What secret does the narrator of Lawns finally reveal to her boyfriend and her mother? How do they react?
8. In the story Dog Heaven, who is Sparky Smith and what game does he and the narrator play together?
9. How does Casey know Aunt Granny Lith, and what does he do when he sees her again?
10. In the story Wickedness, what happens in Nebraska on the twelfth of January, 1888? How does this affect the townspeople?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)