|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story White Horse, who arrives in the light green Mercedes to help the horse?
(a) No one.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A vet.
2. What does Ad Magic give to the young boy with the performing monkey?
(a) His hat.
(b) HIs sweater.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) All of his change.
3. What do Nick and Karen do on Sundays?
(a) They drove to the country.
(b) They jogged or practiced basketball.
(c) They slept late and read the paper all afternoon.
(d) They jogged or worked out in a gym.
4. How old is the new county school teacher in Wickedness?
(a) Twenty five.
(d) Thirty nine.
5. What happens to Quadberry in the VIetnam war?
(a) He is injured in a car crash.
(b) He is injured by a bomb.
(c) He is injured flying a combat jet.
(d) He is injured in a tank explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Testimony of Pilot, who is Lillian?
2. In The Fat Girl, what did Louise's mother start talking to her about when Louise was eight years old?
3. What kind of car does the narrator of Rock Springs steal?
4. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
5. What does the older son in Minor Heroism do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story Minor Heroism, who is Bryan, and what about him bothers his father?
2. Who is speaking in Girl, and to who is she directing her instructions?
3. Who is Petra in Ann Beattie's story "A Vintage Thunderbird"?
4. In the story Wickedness, what happens in Nebraska on the twelfth of January, 1888? How does this affect the townspeople?
5. In the story Chopin in Winter, what do Michael and Dzia-Dzia talk about at night and why?
6. Why does Delores kill her husband Michael in Scott Bradfield's story "The Darling"?
7. In Carol Bly's story "Talk of Heroes," who is Willi Varig?
8. What happens to Ad Magic in the beginning of A White Horse, and how do the people he is with react to his situation?
9. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where are Beth and her companion going for their romantic weekend, and how does the narrator describe the apartment?
10. What picture do the narrator of Catherdraland Robert draw and why?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)