|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Georgie pick up hitchhiking on the side of the road?
(a) A young man AWOL from the army trying to get to Canada.
(b) A young man running from the police.
(c) A young woman who has been shot.
(d) A young woman escaping a horrible husband.
2. In the story Rock Springs, what animal does Edna win in a bet?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A tarantula.
(c) A spider monkey.
(d) A goat.
3. In Talk of Heroes, Who is Willi Varig?
(a) The director of the church.
(b) A Vietnam veteran.
(c) A famous Norwegian war hero.
(d) Emily's husband.
4. What is Michael working on when he sits at the kitchen table in the evenings?
(a) His science.
(b) His math.
(c) His penmanship.
(d) His art.
5. In All the Way in Flagstaff, what does William want to do when he grows up?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Become a teacher.
(c) Become a doctor.
(d) Become a firefighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
2. In Testimony of Pilot, how does Lillian die?
3. Who is Little Duke?
4. As A Vintage Thunderbird opens, who are the people driving from Virginia to New York?
5. What happens to Quadberry in the VIetnam war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the mother in the story The First Day ask the woman at Walker Jones School and why?
2. How does Dzia-Dzia describe Chopin's death?
3. What picture do the narrator of Catherdraland Robert draw and why?
4. What happens to Ad Magic in the beginning of A White Horse, and how do the people he is with react to his situation?
5. In Testimony of Pilot, how does Quadberry get the scar over his right eye?
6. What story does Edna tell the narrator of Rock Springs about her pet, a monkey?
7. Who is Hattie Benedict in Wickedness, and how does she survive the blizzard?
8. In the story Cathedral, who is Robert and how does he enter the story?
9. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where are Beth and her companion going for their romantic weekend, and how does the narrator describe the apartment?
10. Who is speaking in Girl, and to who is she directing her instructions?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)