|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Testimony of Pilot, what does Radcleve do to Quadberry?
(a) Throws a rock in his face.
(b) Throws a lit firecracker in his face.
(c) Trips him goign down the stairs.
(d) Beats him up.
2. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
3. Who does Louise marry when she is thin?
4. What happens to Quadberry in the VIetnam war?
(a) He is injured in a car crash.
(b) He is injured flying a combat jet.
(c) He is injured in a tank explosion.
(d) He is injured by a bomb.
5. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(a) Her first marriage.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her favorite books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the older son in Minor Heroism do for a living?
2. What do Michael and Delores first find they have in common?
3. What did Michael remember hearing as a child from the open window in his room?
4. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
5. Where are the narrator and his passengers going in the story Rock Springs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What picture do the narrator of Catherdraland Robert draw and why?
2. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where are Beth and her companion going for their romantic weekend, and how does the narrator describe the apartment?
3. In the story The First Day, where are the mother and child going at the opening of the story? Why is this an important day?
4. Where does Magic find the white horse, in what condition is the horse, and who does he call for help?
5. In the story Minor Heroism, who is Bryan, and what about him bothers his father?
6. How does the narrator of Testimony of Pilot lose his hearing?
7. What memory does Bryan relate in the third part of the story Minor Heroism?
8. How does the woman in The Darling meet Lenny?
9. In The Fat Girl, what is the secret that follows Louise from high school to college?
10. How does Dzia-Dzia describe Chopin's death?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)