|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
(a) In a wooden house.
(b) In a haystack.
(c) In a pig sty.
(d) In an automobile.
2. What do Nick and Karen do on Sundays?
(a) They drove to the country.
(b) They jogged or worked out in a gym.
(c) They slept late and read the paper all afternoon.
(d) They jogged or practiced basketball.
3. Who does Louise marry when she is thin?
4. What does Ad Magic have in his mouth when the bus crashes?
(a) A cigar.
(c) A horsehound lozenge.
(d) A lollypop.
5. Where do Irene and the children move when they leave Flagstaff?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Miami, Florida.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) New Orleans, Louisiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
2. Where does Hattie Benedict move after the blizzard?
3. Who is telling the story of the first day?
4. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
5. What does the father in the story Minor Heroism do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What picture do the narrator of Catherdraland Robert draw and why?
2. Where does Magic find the white horse, in what condition is the horse, and who does he call for help?
3. In the story All the Way in Flagstaff, Arizona, what does Walter keep hidden in the wheel well of the spare tire in the car? Why?
4. How does the narrator of Testimony of Pilot lose his hearing?
5. In Carol Bly's story "Talk of Heroes," who is Willi Varig?
6. Who does the mother in the story The First Day ask the woman at Walker Jones School and why?
7. In Testimony of Pilot, how does Quadberry get the scar over his right eye?
8. Who is Hattie Benedict in Wickedness, and how does she survive the blizzard?
9. What happens to Ad Magic in the beginning of A White Horse, and how do the people he is with react to his situation?
10. In The Fat Girl, what is the secret that follows Louise from high school to college?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)