|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
(a) Pictures of thin women.
(d) Books on dieting.
2. What unusual injury befalls Terrence Weber in Emergency?
(a) His wife stabs him in the leg.
(b) His wife stabs him in the stomach.
(c) His wife stabs him in the eye.
(d) His wife stabs him in the heart.
3. In Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta, where is the protagonist going when she first meets Lenny?
(a) To the grocery.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To work.
(d) To her AA meeting.
4. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
(a) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
(d) Roy Rogers Cafeteria.
5. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The First Day, what does the mother say when she finds her daughter cannot attend Seaton?
2. What does Lenny in Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta give the protagonist before he leaves?
3. What happens to Quadberry in the VIetnam war?
4. In the story Testimony of Pilot, what does Radcleve do to Quadberry?
5. In All the Way in Flagstaff, what does William want to do when he grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Delores kill her husband Michael in Scott Bradfield's story "The Darling"?
2. In A Romantic Weekend, how long do Beth and her companion stay in Washington,D.C. and how do they return home? Why did they actually make the trip?
3. In the story Rock Springs, how do Edna, Cheryl and the narrator end up in Rock Springs?
4. In the story The First Day, where are the mother and child going at the opening of the story? Why is this an important day?
5. Where do the narrator of Emergency and his friend Georgie work and for how long? What do they do there?
6. Who is speaking in Girl, and to who is she directing her instructions?
7. How does the narrator of Testimony of Pilot lose his hearing?
8. What happens to Ad Magic in the beginning of A White Horse, and how do the people he is with react to his situation?
9. Where does Magic find the white horse, in what condition is the horse, and who does he call for help?
10. In Carol Bly's story "Talk of Heroes," who is Willi Varig?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)