|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Cathedral, who is Robert?
(a) The wife's uncle.
(b) The wife's grandfather.
(c) The wife's blind friend.
(d) The wife's brother.
2. Who are Louise's two girl friends in high school?
(a) Joan and Marjorie.
(b) Joan and Harriet.
(c) Jean and Melanie.
(d) Jessica and Marie.
3. In what condition does Varig arrive at Tusend Hjem on the night of the meeting?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is unable to speak English.
(c) He is exhausted.
(d) He is alone and afraid.
4. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
(a) Mild epilepsy.
(b) Congenital epilepsy.
(c) Temporal-lobe epilepsy.
(d) Grand mal epilepsy.
5. What is Georgie's job at the hospital?
(a) He is a practical nurse.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a janitor.
(d) He is an orderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In White Horse, who does the white horse belong to?
2. Who is telling the story of the first day?
3. What do Nick and Karen do on Sundays?
4. What two children are left at the school house with the teacher during the blizzard?
5. In the story Wickedness, where does Ainslie Classen find shelter in the blizzard?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story Murderers, who do the young boys want to see when they climb up onto the water tower, and why?
2. In the story Rock Springs, how do Edna, Cheryl and the narrator end up in Rock Springs?
3. Who is the main character of Departures? How old is he when the story opens? Where is he going?
4. What news does the narrator receive about Sparky Smith shortly after her move from Fort Niagara?
5. In The Fat Girl, what is the secret that follows Louise from high school to college?
6. In Men Under Water, who is the narrator's wife, and how does she feel about him working for Gunther? What does the narrator do for a living?
7. In the story Helping, who are Elliot and Grace and what do they do for a living? How are their jobs similar and how are they different?
8. Who is speaking in Girl, and to who is she directing her instructions?
9. Who does Strayhorn immediately find to help him figure out what to do with the dead baby and why?
10. In the story Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been, who is Arnold French, and how does he strike up a conversation with Connie?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)