|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Georgie's job at the hospital?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a janitor.
(c) He is a practical nurse.
(d) He is an orderly.
2. In the story Emergency, how long has the narrator been working in the emergency room when his story begins?
(a) About six months.
(b) About three months.
(c) About three weeks.
(d) About a year.
3. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always buy white bread.
(b) Always buy the largest loaf.
(c) Always buy warm bread.
(d) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
4. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
5. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(a) Her favorite books.
(b) Her first marriage.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
2. When does the story The First Day take place?
3. What does Ad Magic have in his mouth when the bus crashes?
4. What show does Robert and his hosts end up watching on television?
5. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory does Bryan relate in the third part of the story Minor Heroism?
2. Why does Delores kill her husband Michael in Scott Bradfield's story "The Darling"?
3. How do the boys in Murderers get caught on their misadventure, and what happens to them?
4. Where are the soldiers stationed in The Things They Carried, and who are the main characters?
5. In the story Murderers, who do the young boys want to see when they climb up onto the water tower, and why?
6. Who is the main character of Departures? How old is he when the story opens? Where is he going?
7. Who is Vopotik in the story Helping?
8. In the story Cathedral, who is Robert and how does he enter the story?
9. Who is the narrator of Lawns, and what is her crime?
10. In Men Under Water, who is the narrator's wife, and how does she feel about him working for Gunther? What does the narrator do for a living?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)