|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always buy the largest loaf.
(b) Always buy white bread.
(c) Always buy warm bread.
(d) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
2. What do Robert and the husband end up doing at the end of the television show?
(a) Calling out for a pizza.
(b) Going to sleep.
(c) Drawing a picture together.
(d) Eating blueberry pie.
3. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
(b) Books on dieting.
(c) Pictures of thin women.
4. What unusual injury befalls Terrence Weber in Emergency?
(a) His wife stabs him in the leg.
(b) His wife stabs him in the heart.
(c) His wife stabs him in the stomach.
(d) His wife stabs him in the eye.
5. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
(a) Okra has deep roots.
(b) Okra trees harbor red ants.
(c) Okra attracts deer.
(d) Okra smells bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the accident, where does Ad Magic encounter the white horse?
2. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
3. What does Ad Magic give to the young boy with the performing monkey?
4. Who is telling the story of the first day?
5. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story Emergency, who is Terrence Weber? What unusual thing has happened to him?
2. In the story All the Way in Flagstaff, Arizona, what does Walter keep hidden in the wheel well of the spare tire in the car? Why?
3. What happens to Ad Magic in the beginning of A White Horse, and how do the people he is with react to his situation?
4. Who is Petra in Ann Beattie's story "A Vintage Thunderbird"?
5. In Testimony of Pilot, how does Quadberry get the scar over his right eye?
6. In A Romantic Weekend, how long do Beth and her companion stay in Washington,D.C. and how do they return home? Why did they actually make the trip?
7. What picture do the narrator of Catherdraland Robert draw and why?
8. In Carol Bly's story "Talk of Heroes," who is Willi Varig?
9. In the story Minor Heroism, who is Bryan, and what about him bothers his father?
10. How does the woman in The Darling meet Lenny?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)