|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
(a) Read the Sunday paper.
(b) Return home.
(c) Go to a museum.
(d) Take a long walk.
2. In All the Way in Flagstaff, what does William want to do when he grows up?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Become a priest.
(c) Become a firefighter.
(d) Become a teacher.
3. In Minor Heroism, who is posing in the famous picture with the narrator's father?
(a) Betty Grable.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) The Andrews Sisters.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
4. In the story Emergency, how long has the narrator been working in the emergency room when his story begins?
(a) About a year.
(b) About three months.
(c) About six months.
(d) About three weeks.
5. What does the father in the story Minor Heroism do for a living?
(a) He is an insurance salesman.
(b) He is a desk sergeant.
(c) He is a used car dealer.
(d) He is an attorney.
Short Answer Questions
1. As A Vintage Thunderbird opens, who are the people driving from Virginia to New York?
2. What is Georgie's job at the hospital?
3. Who becomes deaf playing drums in a band in the story Testimony of Pilot?
4. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
5. With whom does Delores finally have a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. In The Fat Girl, what is the secret that follows Louise from high school to college?
2. In the story Chopin in Winter, what do Michael and Dzia-Dzia talk about at night and why?
3. Who is Petra in Ann Beattie's story "A Vintage Thunderbird"?
4. In the story Cathedral, who is Robert and how does he enter the story?
5. What memory does Bryan relate in the third part of the story Minor Heroism?
6. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where are Beth and her companion going for their romantic weekend, and how does the narrator describe the apartment?
7. What are some of the things the speaker in Girl encourages the young girl to learn how to do in the home?
8. In A Romantic Weekend, how long do Beth and her companion stay in Washington,D.C. and how do they return home? Why did they actually make the trip?
9. In Carol Bly's story "Talk of Heroes," who is Willi Varig?
10. In the story Emergency, who is Terrence Weber? What unusual thing has happened to him?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)