|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Louise's two girl friends in high school?
(a) Joan and Harriet.
(b) Jean and Melanie.
(c) Jessica and Marie.
(d) Joan and Marjorie.
2. What did Louise sneak out of the kitchen when she was a young child?
(a) Her mother's diet pills.
(b) Peanut butter sandwiches.
(c) Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Diet cola.
3. Where do Irene and the children move when they leave Flagstaff?
(a) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(b) Nashville, Tennessee.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Miami, Florida.
4. In Minor Heroism, where in the house does Bryan sit and draw his pictures?
(a) At his father's desk.
(b) At the dining room table.
(c) On the living room table.
(d) On the floor of his room.`
5. In The First Day, what does the mother say when she finds her daughter cannot attend Seaton?
(a) "One person can't ruin the plan."
(b) "One monkey don't stop no show."
(c) "One answer ain't the end."
(d) "One choice jsut brings another."
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
2. What unusual injury befalls Terrence Weber in Emergency?
3. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
4. In Talk of Heroes, Who is Willi Varig?
5. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What picture do the narrator of Catherdraland Robert draw and why?
2. What are some of the things the speaker in Girl encourages the young girl to learn how to do in the home?
3. In Carol Bly's story "Talk of Heroes," who is Willi Varig?
4. In the story Emergency, who is Terrence Weber? What unusual thing has happened to him?
5. How does the narrator of Testimony of Pilot lose his hearing?
6. In Testimony of Pilot, how does Quadberry get the scar over his right eye?
7. What happens to Ad Magic in the beginning of A White Horse, and how do the people he is with react to his situation?
8. In the story Minor Heroism, who is Bryan, and what about him bothers his father?
9. Who does the mother in the story The First Day ask the woman at Walker Jones School and why?
10. In the story Cathedral, who is Robert and how does he enter the story?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)