|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Delores finally have a child?
(a) Dr. Dorin.
(b) Mr. Sebastian.
(c) Dr. Weinstein.
2. In what condition does Varig arrive at Tusend Hjem on the night of the meeting?
(a) He is unable to speak English.
(b) He is exhausted.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is alone and afraid.
3. In Minor Heroism, what happens between father and son one New Year's Eve that shocks the father?
(a) His son told him he was getting married.
(b) In anger the father hit his son.
(c) In frsutration the father called his son names.
(d) His son knocked him to the ground.
4. What does Georgie hit when he is driving around with the narrator after their shifts?
(a) A deer.
(b) A truck.
(c) A pregnant rabbit.
(d) A cow.
5. What does the older son in Minor Heroism do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a college professor.
(c) He is an attorney.
(d) He is a school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
2. Where does Hattie Benedict move after the blizzard?
3. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
4. In Cathedral, who is Robert?
5. In Testimony of Pilot, how does Lillian die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the main characters in River of Names, and how are they different from each other?
2. What are some of the things the speaker in Girl encourages the young girl to learn how to do in the home?
3. In Carol Bly's story "Talk of Heroes," who is Willi Varig?
4. What happens to Ad Magic in the beginning of A White Horse, and how do the people he is with react to his situation?
5. Who is Hattie Benedict in Wickedness, and how does she survive the blizzard?
6. Where does Magic find the white horse, in what condition is the horse, and who does he call for help?
7. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where are Beth and her companion going for their romantic weekend, and how does the narrator describe the apartment?
8. What memory does Bryan relate in the third part of the story Minor Heroism?
9. In the story The First Day, where are the mother and child going at the opening of the story? Why is this an important day?
10. In the story Chopin in Winter, what do Michael and Dzia-Dzia talk about at night and why?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)