|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ad Magic have in his mouth when the bus crashes?
(a) A lollypop.
(b) A horsehound lozenge.
(c) A cigar.
2. What did Louise sneak out of the kitchen when she was a young child?
(a) Her mother's diet pills.
(b) Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
(c) Peanut butter sandwiches.
(d) Diet cola.
3. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
(a) Eat alone so as to have some quiet time.
(b) Eat quickly so as to resume your duties.
(c) Eat so that no one around you is disgusted.
(d) Eat so that you get the most food.
4. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
(a) Read the Sunday paper.
(b) Take a long walk.
(c) Return home.
(d) Go to a museum.
5. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
(a) You might get stung by a bee.
(b) You might catch something.
(c) You might be seen.
(d) You might get in trouble with the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
2. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
3. Whose music does Dzia-Dzia hear while he sits at the other end of the kitchen table from Michael?
4. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
5. What does the older son in Minor Heroism do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story Minor Heroism, who is Bryan, and what about him bothers his father?
2. Who are the main characters in River of Names, and how are they different from each other?
3. In Testimony of Pilot, how does Quadberry get the scar over his right eye?
4. In The Fat Girl, what is the secret that follows Louise from high school to college?
5. In the story The First Day, where are the mother and child going at the opening of the story? Why is this an important day?
6. In the story Wickedness, what happens in Nebraska on the twelfth of January, 1888? How does this affect the townspeople?
7. What memory does Bryan relate in the third part of the story Minor Heroism?
8. Where do the narrator of Emergency and his friend Georgie work and for how long? What do they do there?
9. In the story Rock Springs, how do Edna, Cheryl and the narrator end up in Rock Springs?
10. How does Dzia-Dzia describe Chopin's death?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)