|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Helping, what do both Elliot and Grace do for a living?
(a) They are both lawyers.
(b) They are both psychiatrists.
(c) One is a social worker, the other is a lawyer.
(d) One is an artist, the other a scientists.
2. Where does Strayhorn find his friend John?
(a) At the cafeteria.
(b) At the Bucket of Blood.
(c) At the Bucket of Chicken.
(d) At work in the shoe store.
3. Who does the narrator of Lawns fall in love with the second time she sees him?
4. In the story Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds?
(a) A Native American woman who is dying.
(b) A Native American woman who believes she lives on the moon.
(c) A Native American woman who runs a counseling center.
(d) A Native American woman whose son wants to walk on the moon.
5. In the story Trains, how old are Danica and Jane?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
6. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
7. For the most part, what is one thing the narrator say determines what the soldiers carried with them?
(c) Medical requirements.
8. In Departures, according to the young seminarian, for how long do Jesuits meditate each day?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) They do not meditate.
(d) An hour.
9. Who is Blankenship?
(a) A law partner.
(b) A psychiartist.
(c) A fellow scientist at the university.
(d) A petty thief who seeks Elliot's help.
10. In The Things They Carried, what does First Lieutenant Jimmy Cross carry with him in Vietnam?
(a) Letters from his sister Marion.
(b) Letters from his girlfriend Martha.
(c) Letters from his mother.
(d) Letters from his girlfriend Marie.
11. How old is Connie in Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
12. In the story Murderers, what does Melvin Bloom tell the boys on the corner one summer afternoon?
(a) The donut shop is giving away donuts.
(b) The rabbi is home with his wife.
(c) Marsha Bernstein is walking toward them.
(d) There is a craps game in the alley.
13. Who is Daddy Garbage?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) The main character of the story.
(d) An old man.
14. What can the boys in Murderers see from their perch on the water tank?
(a) The Miracle Mile.
(b) MIchigan Avenue.
(c) The Brooklyn Navy Yard.
(d) The New Jersey Turnpike.
15. Who does the narrator meet observing a chess game in the park one afternoon in Rules of the Game?
(a) Max Reinhardt.
(b) John Trumble.
(c) Lau Po.
(d) Sin Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
2. Where is Elliot's office?
3. Who is Danica writing a postcard to about which that Jane criticizes her?
4. How old is Connie's sister?
5. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)