|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At dinner, how does Jane introduce herself and Danica to the couple at their table?
(a) As Cathy and Carra, acrobats.
(b) As Jane and Danica, musical talents.
(c) As Carrin and Clara, twin gymnasts.
(d) As Crystal and Clara, twin sisters.
2. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
(a) They make their plan for their movie.
(b) They drink until they pass out.
(c) They go diving in the swimming pool.
(d) They take a nap in the sun.
3. Why do Gunther and the narrator show up at Otis and Luke's' house?
(a) To repair the broken stove.
(b) To repair the washing machine.
(c) To repair the three broken toilets.
(d) To repair the broken windows.
4. Where does Margaret explain her grandmother's wedding dress is?
(a) The Field Museum in Chicago.
(b) The St. Louis Art Museum.
(c) The Walker Art Museum in Minneapolis.
(d) The Metropolitan Museum in New York.
5. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) Life Magazine.
(d) Seventeen Magazine.
6. In the story Rules of Invisible Strength, what is invisible strength?
(a) Religious instruction.
(b) A superhero's powers.
(c) A strategy for winning arguments and respect from others.
(d) Muscle toning and strength.
7. In Daddy Garbage, who is Lemuel Strayhorn?
(a) A snowball cart owner.
(b) A shoe salesman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) An ice cream peddler.
8. Who are Evie and Lydia?
(a) Margaret's best friends.
(b) Margaret's daughters.
(c) Margaret's sisters.
(d) Margaret's granddaughters.
9. In the story Helping, who is Vopotik?
(a) A three year old victim of suspected child abuse.
(b) The next door neighbor.
(c) Elliot's uncle.
(d) Grace's supervisor.
10. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because of his deformity.
(b) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(c) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(d) Because he is very hairy.
11. What gender does Beth believe her baby to be?
(a) A boy.
(b) Both: she think she has twins.
(c) A girl.
(d) She does not know.
12. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
13. In Lawns, what room has the narrator reserved at the hotel?
(a) The Washington Room.
(b) The Penthouse.
(c) The Bridal Suite.
(d) The Annex Room.
14. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
(a) He is hit by a grenade.
(b) He is shot in the back.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) He has a heart attack from fear.
15. How old is Connie in Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies on the day of the narrator's story in Murderers?
2. In Cody's Story, who is Cody's partner?
3. What do the two men who come to visit Gunther leave with him as they go?
4. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
5. How are the characters in Trains traveling to Florida?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)