|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Cody as he turns to go home from his nap on the rocks?
(a) He trips over a tree root and nearly falls.
(b) He slips and slides toward the edge of the summit.
(c) He yells to G.R. and starts an avalanche.
(d) He slips and falls to the rocks below.
2. Where does the narrator of Lawns work?
(a) In the department store in her college town.
(b) In the mailroom of her dormitory.
(c) In the bank on her college campus.
(d) In the library of her college.
3. Where do the narrator of Dog Heaven and her family live?
(a) Fort Bragg.
(b) Fort Denison.
(c) Fort Niagra.
(d) Fort Hood.
4. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
(a) Of a brain tumor.
(b) Of pneumonia.
(c) Of tuberculosis.
(d) Of cancer.
5. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
(a) A wounded child.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A dead baby.
(d) A bag of money.
6. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
(a) "What were you doing up there with all the ice?"
(b) "Is it true that your whole life passes before your eyes?"
(c) "How did you get up there by yourself?"
(d) "Were you as frightened as you thought you would be?"
7. Where is the story Murderers set?
(a) In Newark.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Chicago.
(d) In Miami.
8. In the story Dog Heaven, what game does the narrator play with Sparky Smith?
9. Who does the narrator of Lawns fall in love with the second time she sees him?
10. Who is Daddy Garbage?
(a) An old man.
(b) The main character of the story.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
11. What is Acid Rain?
(a) A group of college students who rent Gunther's apartment.
(b) A rock band who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(c) An actress who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(d) A environmental awareness club.
12. Who is Blankenship?
(a) A psychiartist.
(b) A petty thief who seeks Elliot's help.
(c) A law partner.
(d) A fellow scientist at the university.
13. Who is in the car with Arnold when he comes to Connie's house?
(a) HIs friend Ellie.
(b) Connie's sister June.
(c) Connie's friend Alice.
(d) No one.
14. In Lawns, how does the narrator describe her mother?
(a) "Ms. Everything-will-be-alright."
(b) "Ms. America."
(c) "Ms. I-know-everything-and-you-don't."
(d) "Ms. I'm-going-to-be-perfect."
15. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
2. In The Things They Carried, what are some of things the soldiers carry for personal use?
3. How does Sparky Smith die?
4. Why do Gunther and the narrator show up at Otis and Luke's' house?
5. In the story Rules of Invisible Strength, what is invisible strength?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)