|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator of Rules of the Game and her family live?
(a) In San Francisco's Chinatown.
(b) In New York's Chinatown.
(c) In Chicago's Chinatown.
(d) In China.
2. What did Evie envy about Lydia?
(a) Her beauty and placid nature.
(b) Her good looks and wealth.
(c) Her abilities and her husband.
(d) Her beauty and her husband.
3. What lie does Blankenship tell everyone?
(a) He is a Vietnam veteran.
(b) He is Einstein's great grandson.
(c) He is an idiot savant.
(d) He is a published author.
4. How are the characters in Trains traveling to Florida?
(a) By car.
(b) By bus.
(c) By boat.
(d) By train.
5. What is Acid Rain?
(a) A rock band who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(b) An actress who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(c) A environmental awareness club.
(d) A group of college students who rent Gunther's apartment.
6. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
(c) The Bible.
7. In Lawns, how does the narrator describe her mother?
(a) "Ms. I-know-everything-and-you-don't."
(b) "Ms. Everything-will-be-alright."
(c) "Ms. America."
(d) "Ms. I'm-going-to-be-perfect."
8. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
(a) Of a brain tumor.
(b) Of pneumonia.
(c) Of cancer.
(d) Of tuberculosis.
9. Why is Grace angry with Elliot throughout the story?
(a) Elliot has invited his uncle to live with them.
(b) Elliot is drinking again.
(c) Elliot is having an affair.
(d) Elliot is stealing drugs.
10. In the story Helping, who is Vopotik?
(a) A three year old victim of suspected child abuse.
(b) Elliot's uncle.
(c) The next door neighbor.
(d) Grace's supervisor.
11. In Aunt Granny Lith, when did Casey's first wife die?
(a) The day after their child was born.
(b) A month after the wedding.
(c) The day after the wedding.
(d) Six years after they were married.
12. Where do the narrator of Dog Heaven and her family live?
(a) Fort Bragg.
(b) Fort Denison.
(c) Fort Niagra.
(d) Fort Hood.
13. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
(a) He is shot in the head.
(b) He is shot in the back.
(c) He is hit by a grenade.
(d) He has a heart attack from fear.
14. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The movies.
(b) The public library in the next town.
(c) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
(d) The grocery store.
15. For the most part, what is one thing the narrator say determines what the soldiers carried with them?
(d) Medical requirements.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dog Heaven, what is "Fact Monday"?
2. Where does Margaret explain her grandmother's wedding dress is?
3. In Daddy Garbage, who is Lemuel Strayhorn?
4. Where does the narrator of Lawns work?
5. At dinner, how does Jane introduce herself and Danica to the couple at their table?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)