Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Murderers, what does Melvin Bloom tell the boys on the corner one summer afternoon?
(a) The donut shop is giving away donuts.
(b) There is a craps game in the alley.
(c) The rabbi is home with his wife.
(d) Marsha Bernstein is walking toward them.
2. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A dead baby.
(d) A wounded child.
3. In Murderers, what music could the boys hear from their vantage point?
(a) A symphony.
(b) A rumba.
(c) Rock music.
4. What do Connie and Arnold find they are both listening to on the radio at the same time?
(a) Rolling Stones.
(b) Bobby King.
(d) Bob Dylan.
5. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
(a) "Were you as frightened as you thought you would be?"
(b) "How did you get up there by yourself?"
(c) "Is it true that your whole life passes before your eyes?"
(d) "What were you doing up there with all the ice?"
6. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
(a) They make their plan for their movie.
(b) They take a nap in the sun.
(c) They go diving in the swimming pool.
(d) They drink until they pass out.
7. What do the two men who come to visit Gunther leave with him as they go?
(a) Their standard poodle George.
(b) Twenty thousand dollars in cash.
(c) A check for good-faith money for the movie.
(d) Their Mercedes.
8. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
(b) The Bible.
9. In the story Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds?
(a) A Native American woman who is dying.
(b) A Native American woman who believes she lives on the moon.
(c) A Native American woman who runs a counseling center.
(d) A Native American woman whose son wants to walk on the moon.
10. Where does Margaret explain her grandmother's wedding dress is?
(a) The Field Museum in Chicago.
(b) The Metropolitan Museum in New York.
(c) The Walker Art Museum in Minneapolis.
(d) The St. Louis Art Museum.
11. Why does Aunt Granny Lith haunt Casey in his marriage?
(a) Her daughter was Casey's first wife.
(b) She was his first wife.
(c) She was his second wife.
(d) When he was a child, he asked her to marry him.
12. Where does Beth tell Casey he has to go by himself the evening of the full moon?
(a) To Flatgap and into the log.
(b) To town to get a crib.
(c) To Flatgap to make a bonfire.
(d) To the doctor to get a check up.
13. Who dies on the day of the narrator's story in Murderers?
(a) Marsha Bernstein.
(b) Harold Cohen.
(c) Melvin Bloom.
(d) Arnold Bloom.
14. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
15. In Daddy Garbage, who is Lemuel Strayhorn?
(a) A shoe salesman.
(b) A policeman.
(c) An ice cream peddler.
(d) A snowball cart owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
2. Who does the narrator meet observing a chess game in the park one afternoon in Rules of the Game?
3. Where is Elliot's office?
4. Who are Evie and Lydia?
5. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)