|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody's partner spell in the snow one morning?
2. In Rules of the Game, who in the narrator's family received a chess set at the annual church Christmas party?
(a) Her brother Vincent.
(b) Her father Anton.
(c) Her aunt Jade.
(d) Her sister June.
3. Who is in the car with Arnold when he comes to Connie's house?
(a) No one.
(b) HIs friend Ellie.
(c) Connie's friend Alice.
(d) Connie's sister June.
4. What did Evie envy about Lydia?
(a) Her good looks and wealth.
(b) Her abilities and her husband.
(c) Her beauty and her husband.
(d) Her beauty and placid nature.
5. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because he is very hairy.
(b) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(c) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(d) Because of his deformity.
6. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A wounded child.
(d) A dead baby.
7. Where does the narrator of Lawns go to college?
8. In The Things They Carried, what are some of things the soldiers carry for personal use?
(a) Radios, batteries, alarm clocks and hats.
(b) Socks, shoes and fresh clothing.
(c) Safety pins, pith helmets, rubber boots, and clean underwear.
(d) Paper and pens, spools of wire, and nail clippers.
9. What can the boys in Murderers see from their perch on the water tank?
(a) The Miracle Mile.
(b) The Brooklyn Navy Yard.
(c) MIchigan Avenue.
(d) The New Jersey Turnpike.
10. Who does the narrator of Lawns fall in love with the second time she sees him?
11. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
(c) The Bible.
12. Who gives birth at the end of Daddy Garbage?
13. For the most part, what is one thing the narrator say determines what the soldiers carried with them?
(c) Medical requirements.
14. Where do the narrator of Dog Heaven and her family live?
(a) Fort Denison.
(b) Fort Hood.
(c) Fort Bragg.
(d) Fort Niagra.
15. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
(a) Her sister called her and told her to go visit their mother.
(b) Her mother is dying of Parkinson's disease.
(c) She ran out of money and was not in love with anyone.
(d) Her father asked her to come take care of her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lawns, how does the narrator describe her mother?
2. How old is Connie in Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
3. In Departures, according to the young seminarian, for how long do Jesuits meditate each day?
4. How are the characters in Trains traveling to Florida?
5. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)