|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Connie's sister?
(b) Twenty four.
(c) Twenty seven.
(d) Twenty nine,
2. In Murderers, who runs the camp to which the narrator goes in New Jersey?
(b) WWII veterans.
(c) Camp counselors.
(d) Marsha Bernstein's father.
3. What do Margaret's family members learn about Dr. Sakuma?
(a) He was the teacher who inspired her to learn.
(b) He was the man who named her Many Wounds.
(c) He was the father of her children.
(d) He was her grandfather, a white man.
4. In Rules of the Game, who in the narrator's family received a chess set at the annual church Christmas party?
(a) Her aunt Jade.
(b) Her sister June.
(c) Her father Anton.
(d) Her brother Vincent.
5. In the story Lawns, how does the narrator identify herself in the first sentence of the story?
(a) She steals.
(b) She blackmails.
(c) She lies.
(d) She kills.
6. What did Evie envy about Lydia?
(a) Her beauty and her husband.
(b) Her abilities and her husband.
(c) Her beauty and placid nature.
(d) Her good looks and wealth.
7. In the story Helping, who is Vopotik?
(a) A three year old victim of suspected child abuse.
(b) The next door neighbor.
(c) Grace's supervisor.
(d) Elliot's uncle.
8. Where is Elliot's office?
(a) In the courthouse.
(b) In a medical plaza.
(c) In the university science building.
(d) In the state hospital.
9. Who is Buck in Cody's Story?
(a) Cody's dog.
(b) G.R.'s tractor trailor.
(c) G.R.'s horse.
(d) Timble's son.
10. Where does the narrator of Lawns work?
(a) In the department store in her college town.
(b) In the mailroom of her dormitory.
(c) In the bank on her college campus.
(d) In the library of her college.
11. Why does Mr. Muirhead say he always talks to young men?
(a) Becaue his wife will not let him talk to young women.
(b) Because he is fascinated with their career choices.
(c) Because he is interested in young men.
(d) Because he is bored talking to his family.
12. In Departures, according to the young seminarian, for how long do Jesuits meditate each day?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) They do not meditate.
(d) An hour.
13. What do the two men who come to visit Gunther leave with him as they go?
(a) Twenty thousand dollars in cash.
(b) Their Mercedes.
(c) A check for good-faith money for the movie.
(d) Their standard poodle George.
14. Who does Lemuel Strayhorn ask to help him with his and Daddy Garbage's discovery?
(a) John Mathers.
(b) John French.
(c) John Fargone.
(d) John Smith.
15. In the story Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds?
(a) A Native American woman whose son wants to walk on the moon.
(b) A Native American woman who is dying.
(c) A Native American woman who runs a counseling center.
(d) A Native American woman who believes she lives on the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
2. What color is Arnold's car?
3. What lie does Blankenship tell everyone?
4. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
5. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)