|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Helping, who is Vopotik?
(a) The next door neighbor.
(b) Grace's supervisor.
(c) A three year old victim of suspected child abuse.
(d) Elliot's uncle.
2. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) Phantom of the Opera.
(c) The Beatles.
3. How old is Connie in Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
4. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
(a) She ran out of money and was not in love with anyone.
(b) Her sister called her and told her to go visit their mother.
(c) Her mother is dying of Parkinson's disease.
(d) Her father asked her to come take care of her mother.
5. Where does Strayhorn find his friend John?
(a) At the Bucket of Chicken.
(b) At the Bucket of Blood.
(c) At work in the shoe store.
(d) At the cafeteria.
6. What gender does Beth believe her baby to be?
(a) A boy.
(b) Both: she think she has twins.
(c) She does not know.
(d) A girl.
7. Who is Daddy Garbage?
(a) A horse.
(b) The main character of the story.
(c) An old man.
(d) A dog.
8. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
(a) "What were you doing up there with all the ice?"
(b) "Is it true that your whole life passes before your eyes?"
(c) "Were you as frightened as you thought you would be?"
(d) "How did you get up there by yourself?"
9. In Daddy Garbage, who is Lemuel Strayhorn?
(a) A shoe salesman.
(b) A policeman.
(c) An ice cream peddler.
(d) A snowball cart owner.
10. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
(b) The public library in the next town.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The movies.
11. Who is Buck in Cody's Story?
(a) Timble's son.
(b) G.R.'s horse.
(c) G.R.'s tractor trailor.
(d) Cody's dog.
12. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
13. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
(a) She is a second grade teacher.
(b) She is a math tutor.
(c) She is a tutor for remedial reading students.
(d) She is a school counselor.
14. What does the narrator of Men Under Water do for a living?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is an experienced playwriter.
(c) He is a handyman and general helper.
(d) He is poet.
15. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
(a) They leave Lavender's belongings in Than Khe.
(b) They recruit the men from Than Khe.
(c) They burns down Than Khe.
(d) They evacuate women and children from Than Khe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rules of the Game, who in the narrator's family received a chess set at the annual church Christmas party?
2. What happens to Cody as he turns to go home from his nap on the rocks?
3. Where does Margaret explain her grandmother's wedding dress is?
4. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
5. How does Sparky Smith die?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)