|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody's partner spell in the snow one morning?
2. In Aunt Granny Lith, what does Nomey give Beth to wear?
(a) A piece of moley root.
(b) A gold necklace.
(c) A chain or garlic.
(d) A new dress.
3. Why is Grace angry with Elliot throughout the story?
(a) Elliot has invited his uncle to live with them.
(b) Elliot is stealing drugs.
(c) Elliot is having an affair.
(d) Elliot is drinking again.
4. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
(a) Of tuberculosis.
(b) Of a brain tumor.
(c) Of cancer.
(d) Of pneumonia.
5. In The Things They Carried, what does First Lieutenant Jimmy Cross carry with him in Vietnam?
(a) Letters from his sister Marion.
(b) Letters from his mother.
(c) Letters from his girlfriend Martha.
(d) Letters from his girlfriend Marie.
6. What does the priest say to his mother when he sees her?
(a) "I will kiss you on the cheek but do not touch me."
(b) "Do not kiss me in public, it is embarrassing."
(c) "It is too noisy out here to talk."
(d) "Let us go inside for a hug and a kiss."
7. In the story Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds?
(a) A Native American woman who is dying.
(b) A Native American woman who runs a counseling center.
(c) A Native American woman who believes she lives on the moon.
(d) A Native American woman whose son wants to walk on the moon.
8. What do most of the PFC and Spec4s carry with them?
(a) An M-16 gas-operated assault rifle.
(b) An M-79 gas-operated assault rifle.
(c) An M-60 rifle.
(d) An M-79 gas-operated rifle.
9. Who does Lemuel Strayhorn ask to help him with his and Daddy Garbage's discovery?
(a) John Mathers.
(b) John Fargone.
(c) John French.
(d) John Smith.
10. What color is Arnold's car?
11. What does the narrator of Men Under Water do for a living?
(a) He is an experienced playwriter.
(b) He is poet.
(c) He is an actor.
(d) He is a handyman and general helper.
12. How does Sparky Smith die?
(a) He falls off a cliff.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is hit by a car.
13. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
(a) He has a heart attack from fear.
(b) He is hit by a grenade.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) He is shot in the back.
14. Who is Daddy Garbage?
(a) A dog.
(b) The main character of the story.
(c) An old man.
(d) A horse.
15. What do Margaret's family members learn about Dr. Sakuma?
(a) He was the man who named her Many Wounds.
(b) He was the father of her children.
(c) He was her grandfather, a white man.
(d) He was the teacher who inspired her to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Acid Rain?
2. How old is Connie in Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
3. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
4. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
5. In Cody's Story, who is Cody's partner?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)