|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Daddy Garbage?
(a) A dog.
(b) An old man.
(c) A horse.
(d) The main character of the story.
2. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
(b) Seventeen Magazine.
(c) Life Magazine.
(d) Time Magazine.
3. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The movies.
(b) The public library in the next town.
(c) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
(d) The grocery store.
4. In Murderers, who runs the camp to which the narrator goes in New Jersey?
(a) Marsha Bernstein's father.
(b) WWII veterans.
(c) Camp counselors.
5. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
(a) Her sister called her and told her to go visit their mother.
(b) Her father asked her to come take care of her mother.
(c) She ran out of money and was not in love with anyone.
(d) Her mother is dying of Parkinson's disease.
6. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
(a) They make their plan for their movie.
(b) They drink until they pass out.
(c) They go diving in the swimming pool.
(d) They take a nap in the sun.
7. What can the boys in Murderers see from their perch on the water tank?
(a) The New Jersey Turnpike.
(b) MIchigan Avenue.
(c) The Brooklyn Navy Yard.
(d) The Miracle Mile.
8. Why does Mr. Muirhead say he always talks to young men?
(a) Because he is fascinated with their career choices.
(b) Because he is interested in young men.
(c) Becaue his wife will not let him talk to young women.
(d) Because he is bored talking to his family.
9. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
(a) A wounded child.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A dead baby.
(d) A puppy.
10. Who is Buck in Cody's Story?
(a) Cody's dog.
(b) G.R.'s horse.
(c) G.R.'s tractor trailor.
(d) Timble's son.
11. In the story Helping, who is Vopotik?
(a) Grace's supervisor.
(b) Elliot's uncle.
(c) The next door neighbor.
(d) A three year old victim of suspected child abuse.
12. Who dies on the day of the narrator's story in Murderers?
(a) Arnold Bloom.
(b) Harold Cohen.
(c) Melvin Bloom.
(d) Marsha Bernstein.
13. In the story Helping, what do both Elliot and Grace do for a living?
(a) They are both lawyers.
(b) One is an artist, the other a scientists.
(c) One is a social worker, the other is a lawyer.
(d) They are both psychiatrists.
14. In the story Rules of Invisible Strength, what is invisible strength?
(a) A superhero's powers.
(b) Muscle toning and strength.
(c) A strategy for winning arguments and respect from others.
(d) Religious instruction.
15. In Aunt Granny Lith, what does Nomey give Beth to wear?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A piece of moley root.
(c) A chain or garlic.
(d) A gold necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator of Lawns fall in love with the second time she sees him?
2. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
3. How old is Connie in Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
4. In The Things They Carried, what are some of things the soldiers carry for personal use?
5. In Departures, according to the young seminarian, for how long do Jesuits meditate each day?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)