|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lawns, what room has the narrator reserved at the hotel?
(a) The Washington Room.
(b) The Bridal Suite.
(c) The Penthouse.
(d) The Annex Room.
2. Who is Daddy Garbage?
(a) The main character of the story.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) An old man.
3. Why does Mr. Muirhead say he always talks to young men?
(a) Because he is interested in young men.
(b) Because he is fascinated with their career choices.
(c) Becaue his wife will not let him talk to young women.
(d) Because he is bored talking to his family.
4. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
(a) They make their plan for their movie.
(b) They go diving in the swimming pool.
(c) They drink until they pass out.
(d) They take a nap in the sun.
5. What do both Cody and his partner drink on Sunday mornings?
(b) Orange juice.
6. In the story Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds?
(a) A Native American woman who believes she lives on the moon.
(b) A Native American woman whose son wants to walk on the moon.
(c) A Native American woman who runs a counseling center.
(d) A Native American woman who is dying.
7. Who is Danica writing a postcard to about which that Jane criticizes her?
(a) Jim the mailman.
(b) Jim her boyfriend.
(c) Jim the next door neighbor.
(d) Jim her dog.
8. What is Acid Rain?
(a) An actress who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(b) A environmental awareness club.
(c) A rock band who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(d) A group of college students who rent Gunther's apartment.
9. What gender does Beth believe her baby to be?
(a) She does not know.
(b) Both: she think she has twins.
(c) A girl.
(d) A boy.
10. What do the two men who come to visit Gunther leave with him as they go?
(a) Their Mercedes.
(b) Twenty thousand dollars in cash.
(c) Their standard poodle George.
(d) A check for good-faith money for the movie.
11. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(b) Because of his deformity.
(c) Because he is very hairy.
(d) Because he believes it is bad luck.
12. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
(a) A dead baby.
(b) A wounded child.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) A puppy.
13. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
(a) They recruit the men from Than Khe.
(b) They evacuate women and children from Than Khe.
(c) They leave Lavender's belongings in Than Khe.
(d) They burns down Than Khe.
14. What lie does Blankenship tell everyone?
(a) He is a published author.
(b) He is a Vietnam veteran.
(c) He is an idiot savant.
(d) He is Einstein's great grandson.
15. In Dog Heaven, who is Duke?
(a) The dog.
(b) The mascot.
(c) The janitor.
(d) The principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator of Dog Heaven and her family live?
2. In Lawns, how does the narrator describe her mother?
3. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
4. In Dog Heaven, what is "Fact Monday"?
5. In Daddy Garbage, who is Lemuel Strayhorn?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)