|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
(d) The Bible.
2. What do both Cody and his partner drink on Sunday mornings?
(a) Orange juice.
3. In the story Helping, what do both Elliot and Grace do for a living?
(a) One is an artist, the other a scientists.
(b) They are both lawyers.
(c) They are both psychiatrists.
(d) One is a social worker, the other is a lawyer.
4. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
(a) To love her.
(b) To move her.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To kill her.
5. What happens to Cody as he turns to go home from his nap on the rocks?
(a) He slips and falls to the rocks below.
(b) He slips and slides toward the edge of the summit.
(c) He trips over a tree root and nearly falls.
(d) He yells to G.R. and starts an avalanche.
6. What do the two men who come to visit Gunther leave with him as they go?
(a) A check for good-faith money for the movie.
(b) Their standard poodle George.
(c) Their Mercedes.
(d) Twenty thousand dollars in cash.
7. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
(a) He has a heart attack from fear.
(b) He is shot in the head.
(c) He is hit by a grenade.
(d) He is shot in the back.
8. Where is the story Murderers set?
(a) In Chicago.
(b) In Miami.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Newark.
9. Why does Aunt Granny Lith haunt Casey in his marriage?
(a) She was his first wife.
(b) When he was a child, he asked her to marry him.
(c) She was his second wife.
(d) Her daughter was Casey's first wife.
10. What does Cody's partner spell in the snow one morning?
11. In Murderers, who runs the camp to which the narrator goes in New Jersey?
(a) WWII veterans.
(b) Marsha Bernstein's father.
(d) Camp counselors.
12. How does Sparky Smith die?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He falls off a cliff.
13. In the story Dog Heaven, what game does the narrator play with Sparky Smith?
14. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
(a) Of pneumonia.
(b) Of cancer.
(c) Of a brain tumor.
(d) Of tuberculosis.
15. Where is Elliot's office?
(a) In the courthouse.
(b) In the university science building.
(c) In the state hospital.
(d) In a medical plaza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Danica writing a postcard to about which that Jane criticizes her?
2. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
3. Where does Margaret explain her grandmother's wedding dress is?
4. How old is the priest in Departures when he goes by train to his family's home after six years away?
5. Who is Daddy Garbage?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)