|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator of Lawns go to college?
2. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
3. What can the boys in Murderers see from their perch on the water tank?
(a) The Brooklyn Navy Yard.
(b) The New Jersey Turnpike.
(c) MIchigan Avenue.
(d) The Miracle Mile.
4. Where do Gunther and the narrator meet in the morning?
(a) The Shrek Diner.
(b) The Peter Pan Diner.
(c) The Stubborn Spoon Diner.
(d) The Wonderland Diner.
5. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
(a) Time Magazine.
(c) Life Magazine.
(d) Seventeen Magazine.
6. How does Sparky Smith die?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He falls off a cliff.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) He drowns.
7. In Aunt Granny Lith, what does Nomey give Beth to wear?
(a) A gold necklace.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A piece of moley root.
(d) A chain or garlic.
8. What do Connie and Arnold find they are both listening to on the radio at the same time?
(a) Rolling Stones.
(b) Bob Dylan.
(c) Bobby King.
9. Where do the narrator of Dog Heaven and her family live?
(a) Fort Hood.
(b) Fort Bragg.
(c) Fort Niagra.
(d) Fort Denison.
10. In Departures, according to the young seminarian, for how long do Jesuits meditate each day?
(a) An hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) They do not meditate.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
11. What does the priest say to his mother when he sees her?
(a) "It is too noisy out here to talk."
(b) "Do not kiss me in public, it is embarrassing."
(c) "Let us go inside for a hug and a kiss."
(d) "I will kiss you on the cheek but do not touch me."
12. Where do Sparky Smith and the narrator attend school?
(a) Lewiston-Porter Central School.
(b) Lewis and Clark Central School.
(c) Lewiston-Porter Junior High School.
(d) Lewis and Clark Expedition Junior HIgh.
13. What does the narrator of Men Under Water do for a living?
(a) He is a handyman and general helper.
(b) He is poet.
(c) He is an experienced playwriter.
(d) He is an actor.
14. In Murderers, what music could the boys hear from their vantage point?
(a) A rumba.
(b) Rock music.
(d) A symphony.
15. In Aunt Granny Lith, when did Casey's first wife die?
(a) The day after their child was born.
(b) The day after the wedding.
(c) A month after the wedding.
(d) Six years after they were married.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Daddy Garbage, who is Lemuel Strayhorn?
2. In The Things They Carried, what are some of things the soldiers carry for personal use?
3. In Cody's Story, who is Cody's partner?
4. Who is in the car with Arnold when he comes to Connie's house?
5. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)