|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Connie's sister?
(a) Twenty seven.
(b) Twenty nine,
(d) Twenty four.
2. Who dies on the day of the narrator's story in Murderers?
(a) Harold Cohen.
(b) Arnold Bloom.
(c) Marsha Bernstein.
(d) Melvin Bloom.
3. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
(a) He is shot in the back.
(b) He is shot in the head.
(c) He is hit by a grenade.
(d) He has a heart attack from fear.
4. What did Evie envy about Lydia?
(a) Her beauty and her husband.
(b) Her abilities and her husband.
(c) Her good looks and wealth.
(d) Her beauty and placid nature.
5. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
(a) They make their plan for their movie.
(b) They take a nap in the sun.
(c) They drink until they pass out.
(d) They go diving in the swimming pool.
6. In the story Helping, what do both Elliot and Grace do for a living?
(a) They are both psychiatrists.
(b) They are both lawyers.
(c) One is an artist, the other a scientists.
(d) One is a social worker, the other is a lawyer.
7. Where is the story Murderers set?
(a) In Newark.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Miami.
(d) In Chicago.
8. In Daddy Garbage, who is Lemuel Strayhorn?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A snowball cart owner.
(c) A shoe salesman.
(d) An ice cream peddler.
9. Why is Grace angry with Elliot throughout the story?
(a) Elliot has invited his uncle to live with them.
(b) Elliot is having an affair.
(c) Elliot is drinking again.
(d) Elliot is stealing drugs.
10. What color is Arnold's car?
11. In Cody's Story, who is Cody's partner?
(a) G.R. Thompson.
(b) G.R. Treshman.
(c) G.R. Tailer.
(d) G.R. Trimble
12. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
(a) Time Magazine.
(c) Seventeen Magazine.
(d) Life Magazine.
13. In the story Trains, how old are Danica and Jane?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Eight years old.
14. Who is in the car with Arnold when he comes to Connie's house?
(a) No one.
(b) Connie's friend Alice.
(c) HIs friend Ellie.
(d) Connie's sister June.
15. How old is the priest in Departures when he goes by train to his family's home after six years away?
(a) Twenty five.
(b) Twenty one.
(d) Fifty five.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
2. Where does the narrator of Lawns work?
3. What is Acid Rain?
4. Where do the narrator of Dog Heaven and her family live?
5. Who does the narrator meet observing a chess game in the park one afternoon in Rules of the Game?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)