|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
(a) "What were you doing up there with all the ice?"
(b) "Were you as frightened as you thought you would be?"
(c) "How did you get up there by yourself?"
(d) "Is it true that your whole life passes before your eyes?"
2. Where is Elliot's office?
(a) In the state hospital.
(b) In the courthouse.
(c) In a medical plaza.
(d) In the university science building.
3. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
(a) They burns down Than Khe.
(b) They recruit the men from Than Khe.
(c) They leave Lavender's belongings in Than Khe.
(d) They evacuate women and children from Than Khe.
4. Where do Gunther and the narrator meet in the morning?
(a) The Shrek Diner.
(b) The Wonderland Diner.
(c) The Peter Pan Diner.
(d) The Stubborn Spoon Diner.
5. What color is Arnold's car?
6. Where does Margaret explain her grandmother's wedding dress is?
(a) The Walker Art Museum in Minneapolis.
(b) The St. Louis Art Museum.
(c) The Field Museum in Chicago.
(d) The Metropolitan Museum in New York.
7. Who does the narrator meet observing a chess game in the park one afternoon in Rules of the Game?
(a) Lau Po.
(b) Sin Lee.
(c) John Trumble.
(d) Max Reinhardt.
8. In The Things They Carried, what are some of things the soldiers carry for personal use?
(a) Paper and pens, spools of wire, and nail clippers.
(b) Socks, shoes and fresh clothing.
(c) Safety pins, pith helmets, rubber boots, and clean underwear.
(d) Radios, batteries, alarm clocks and hats.
9. In Dog Heaven, what is "Fact Monday"?
(a) The day on which the teacher showed a movie about state history.
(b) The day on which students were tested on spelling words.
(c) The day on which the teacher taught on a specific topic.
(d) The day on which students were tested on math facts.
10. In Aunt Granny Lith, what does Nomey give Beth to wear?
(a) A gold necklace.
(b) A chain or garlic.
(c) A piece of moley root.
(d) A new dress.
11. Who is Danica writing a postcard to about which that Jane criticizes her?
(a) Jim her boyfriend.
(b) Jim the mailman.
(c) Jim her dog.
(d) Jim the next door neighbor.
12. What do Margaret's family members learn about Dr. Sakuma?
(a) He was the teacher who inspired her to learn.
(b) He was her grandfather, a white man.
(c) He was the man who named her Many Wounds.
(d) He was the father of her children.
13. Who is Blankenship?
(a) A law partner.
(b) A petty thief who seeks Elliot's help.
(c) A fellow scientist at the university.
(d) A psychiartist.
14. Where do Sparky Smith and the narrator attend school?
(a) Lewis and Clark Expedition Junior HIgh.
(b) Lewis and Clark Central School.
(c) Lewiston-Porter Central School.
(d) Lewiston-Porter Junior High School.
15. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The movies.
(c) The public library in the next town.
(d) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lawns, what room has the narrator reserved at the hotel?
2. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
3. In the story Helping, who is Vopotik?
4. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
5. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)