|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Buck in Cody's Story?
(a) G.R.'s tractor trailor.
(b) G.R.'s horse.
(c) Cody's dog.
(d) Timble's son.
2. Where are Jane's parents drinking on the train?
(a) The Starlight Lounge.
(b) The Stargazers Lounge.
(c) The Starstruck Lounge.
(d) The Starlit Room.
3. In the story Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds?
(a) A Native American woman whose son wants to walk on the moon.
(b) A Native American woman who is dying.
(c) A Native American woman who believes she lives on the moon.
(d) A Native American woman who runs a counseling center.
4. What happens to Cody as he turns to go home from his nap on the rocks?
(a) He slips and falls to the rocks below.
(b) He yells to G.R. and starts an avalanche.
(c) He trips over a tree root and nearly falls.
(d) He slips and slides toward the edge of the summit.
5. Five years after her husband dies, with what is the priest's mother suffering?
6. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
(a) To move her.
(b) To love her.
(c) To kill her.
(d) To marry her.
7. Where do the narrator of Rules of the Game and her family live?
(a) In China.
(b) In Chicago's Chinatown.
(c) In New York's Chinatown.
(d) In San Francisco's Chinatown.
8. In the story Dog Heaven, what game does the narrator play with Sparky Smith?
9. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
(a) Of pneumonia.
(b) Of a brain tumor.
(c) Of cancer.
(d) Of tuberculosis.
10. Who does Lemuel Strayhorn ask to help him with his and Daddy Garbage's discovery?
(a) John Fargone.
(b) John Mathers.
(c) John French.
(d) John Smith.
11. At dinner, how does Jane introduce herself and Danica to the couple at their table?
(a) As Carrin and Clara, twin gymnasts.
(b) As Cathy and Carra, acrobats.
(c) As Jane and Danica, musical talents.
(d) As Crystal and Clara, twin sisters.
12. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
(d) The Bible.
13. In Murderers, what music could the boys hear from their vantage point?
(a) A rumba.
(c) A symphony.
(d) Rock music.
14. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
(a) Life Magazine.
(b) Time Magazine.
(d) Seventeen Magazine.
15. What gender does Beth believe her baby to be?
(a) A girl.
(b) Both: she think she has twins.
(c) A boy.
(d) She does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Daddy Garbage?
2. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
3. In Rules of the Game, who in the narrator's family received a chess set at the annual church Christmas party?
4. In Aunt Granny Lith, what does Nomey give Beth to wear?
5. In Dog Heaven, who is Duke?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)