|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the boys in Murderers see from their perch on the water tank?
(a) The Miracle Mile.
(b) The Brooklyn Navy Yard.
(c) The New Jersey Turnpike.
(d) MIchigan Avenue.
2. Who is Danica writing a postcard to about which that Jane criticizes her?
(a) Jim her dog.
(b) Jim her boyfriend.
(c) Jim the next door neighbor.
(d) Jim the mailman.
3. In the story Helping, who is Vopotik?
(a) A three year old victim of suspected child abuse.
(b) Grace's supervisor.
(c) Elliot's uncle.
(d) The next door neighbor.
4. What did the narrator of Rules of the Game receive at the annual church Christmas party?
(a) A doll.
(b) A chess set.
(c) A box of Life Savers.
(d) A Bible.
5. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) A dead baby.
(c) A wounded child.
(d) A puppy.
6. Where does Strayhorn find his friend John?
(a) At the Bucket of Chicken.
(b) At the Bucket of Blood.
(c) At work in the shoe store.
(d) At the cafeteria.
7. What do most of the PFC and Spec4s carry with them?
(a) An M-16 gas-operated assault rifle.
(b) An M-60 rifle.
(c) An M-79 gas-operated rifle.
(d) An M-79 gas-operated assault rifle.
8. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
(b) The Bible.
9. Who does Lemuel Strayhorn ask to help him with his and Daddy Garbage's discovery?
(a) John Fargone.
(b) John Mathers.
(c) John French.
(d) John Smith.
10. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
(a) They evacuate women and children from Than Khe.
(b) They leave Lavender's belongings in Than Khe.
(c) They burns down Than Khe.
(d) They recruit the men from Than Khe.
11. Five years after her husband dies, with what is the priest's mother suffering?
12. What happens to Cody as he turns to go home from his nap on the rocks?
(a) He yells to G.R. and starts an avalanche.
(b) He slips and falls to the rocks below.
(c) He trips over a tree root and nearly falls.
(d) He slips and slides toward the edge of the summit.
13. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The public library in the next town.
(c) The movies.
(d) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
14. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
(a) Of pneumonia.
(b) Of tuberculosis.
(c) Of cancer.
(d) Of a brain tumor.
15. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of Men Under Water do for a living?
2. Who does the narrator meet observing a chess game in the park one afternoon in Rules of the Game?
3. In Lawns, how does the narrator describe her mother?
4. Where do Gunther and the narrator meet in the morning?
5. How does Sparky Smith die?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)