|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Muirhead say he always talks to young men?
(a) Because he is interested in young men.
(b) Because he is fascinated with their career choices.
(c) Becaue his wife will not let him talk to young women.
(d) Because he is bored talking to his family.
2. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
3. What do Margaret's family members learn about Dr. Sakuma?
(a) He was the man who named her Many Wounds.
(b) He was her grandfather, a white man.
(c) He was the teacher who inspired her to learn.
(d) He was the father of her children.
4. Who is Blankenship?
(a) A psychiartist.
(b) A petty thief who seeks Elliot's help.
(c) A law partner.
(d) A fellow scientist at the university.
5. In Lawns, how does the narrator describe her mother?
(a) "Ms. America."
(b) "Ms. I-know-everything-and-you-don't."
(c) "Ms. I'm-going-to-be-perfect."
(d) "Ms. Everything-will-be-alright."
6. Where is the story Murderers set?
(a) In New York.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) In Newark.
(d) In Miami.
7. In the story Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds?
(a) A Native American woman who is dying.
(b) A Native American woman who runs a counseling center.
(c) A Native American woman whose son wants to walk on the moon.
(d) A Native American woman who believes she lives on the moon.
8. Who are Evie and Lydia?
(a) Margaret's granddaughters.
(b) Margaret's best friends.
(c) Margaret's daughters.
(d) Margaret's sisters.
9. Who is in the car with Arnold when he comes to Connie's house?
(a) HIs friend Ellie.
(b) Connie's sister June.
(c) No one.
(d) Connie's friend Alice.
10. How does Sparky Smith die?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He falls off a cliff.
11. In Rules of the Game, who in the narrator's family received a chess set at the annual church Christmas party?
(a) Her aunt Jade.
(b) Her father Anton.
(c) Her brother Vincent.
(d) Her sister June.
12. In the story Rules of Invisible Strength, what is invisible strength?
(a) Religious instruction.
(b) Muscle toning and strength.
(c) A strategy for winning arguments and respect from others.
(d) A superhero's powers.
13. What gender does Beth believe her baby to be?
(a) Both: she think she has twins.
(b) A boy.
(c) A girl.
(d) She does not know.
14. In the story Helping, who is Vopotik?
(a) A three year old victim of suspected child abuse.
(b) Elliot's uncle.
(c) The next door neighbor.
(d) Grace's supervisor.
15. How old is Connie's sister?
(a) Twenty four.
(c) Twenty nine,
(d) Twenty seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator of Rules of the Game and her family live?
2. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
3. Where do the narrator of Dog Heaven and her family live?
4. Who is Daddy Garbage?
5. In Murderers, what music could the boys hear from their vantage point?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)