|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Daddy Garbage, who is Lemuel Strayhorn?
(a) An ice cream peddler.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A shoe salesman.
(d) A snowball cart owner.
2. How old is Connie's sister?
(a) Twenty nine,
(c) Twenty four.
(d) Twenty seven.
3. What does Cody's partner spell in the snow one morning?
4. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
5. What did Evie envy about Lydia?
(a) Her beauty and placid nature.
(b) Her good looks and wealth.
(c) Her abilities and her husband.
(d) Her beauty and her husband.
6. In Dog Heaven, what is "Fact Monday"?
(a) The day on which the teacher showed a movie about state history.
(b) The day on which students were tested on math facts.
(c) The day on which the teacher taught on a specific topic.
(d) The day on which students were tested on spelling words.
7. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
(a) He is shot in the back.
(b) He is shot in the head.
(c) He has a heart attack from fear.
(d) He is hit by a grenade.
8. What do most of the PFC and Spec4s carry with them?
(a) An M-79 gas-operated assault rifle.
(b) An M-79 gas-operated rifle.
(c) An M-16 gas-operated assault rifle.
(d) An M-60 rifle.
9. Where does Strayhorn find his friend John?
(a) At the cafeteria.
(b) At work in the shoe store.
(c) At the Bucket of Blood.
(d) At the Bucket of Chicken.
10. In the story Lawns, how does the narrator identify herself in the first sentence of the story?
(a) She kills.
(b) She lies.
(c) She blackmails.
(d) She steals.
11. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
(a) The Beatles.
(b) Phantom of the Opera.
(c) The Sound of Music.
12. Who gives birth at the end of Daddy Garbage?
13. Where do the narrator of Rules of the Game and her family live?
(a) In New York's Chinatown.
(b) In Chicago's Chinatown.
(c) In San Francisco's Chinatown.
(d) In China.
14. In the story Murderers, what does Melvin Bloom tell the boys on the corner one summer afternoon?
(a) The rabbi is home with his wife.
(b) The donut shop is giving away donuts.
(c) There is a craps game in the alley.
(d) Marsha Bernstein is walking toward them.
15. In Lawns, how does the narrator describe her mother?
(a) "Ms. I'm-going-to-be-perfect."
(b) "Ms. I-know-everything-and-you-don't."
(c) "Ms. Everything-will-be-alright."
(d) "Ms. America."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
2. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
3. Five years after her husband dies, with what is the priest's mother suffering?
4. What did the narrator of Rules of the Game receive at the annual church Christmas party?
5. What do both Cody and his partner drink on Sunday mornings?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)