|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Acid Rain?
(a) An actress who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(b) A environmental awareness club.
(c) A rock band who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(d) A group of college students who rent Gunther's apartment.
2. Who does the narrator meet observing a chess game in the park one afternoon in Rules of the Game?
(a) Sin Lee.
(b) Max Reinhardt.
(c) Lau Po.
(d) John Trumble.
3. How does Sparky Smith die?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He falls off a cliff.
4. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
(a) He has a heart attack from fear.
(b) He is shot in the head.
(c) He is shot in the back.
(d) He is hit by a grenade.
5. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(b) Because of his deformity.
(c) Because he is very hairy.
(d) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
6. How old is Connie in Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
7. What do the two men who come to visit Gunther leave with him as they go?
(a) A check for good-faith money for the movie.
(b) Their standard poodle George.
(c) Twenty thousand dollars in cash.
(d) Their Mercedes.
8. In Aunt Granny Lith, when did Casey's first wife die?
(a) The day after their child was born.
(b) Six years after they were married.
(c) A month after the wedding.
(d) The day after the wedding.
9. In Aunt Granny Lith, what does Nomey give Beth to wear?
(a) A chain or garlic.
(b) A gold necklace.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A piece of moley root.
10. Where is Elliot's office?
(a) In a medical plaza.
(b) In the state hospital.
(c) In the university science building.
(d) In the courthouse.
11. Why does Aunt Granny Lith haunt Casey in his marriage?
(a) She was his second wife.
(b) When he was a child, he asked her to marry him.
(c) She was his first wife.
(d) Her daughter was Casey's first wife.
12. At dinner, how does Jane introduce herself and Danica to the couple at their table?
(a) As Carrin and Clara, twin gymnasts.
(b) As Jane and Danica, musical talents.
(c) As Crystal and Clara, twin sisters.
(d) As Cathy and Carra, acrobats.
13. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
14. Why do Gunther and the narrator show up at Otis and Luke's' house?
(a) To repair the three broken toilets.
(b) To repair the broken stove.
(c) To repair the broken windows.
(d) To repair the washing machine.
15. Who gives birth at the end of Daddy Garbage?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dog Heaven, who is Duke?
2. What does the priest say to his mother when he sees her?
3. Who is Buck in Cody's Story?
4. What did Aunt Granny Lith ask Casey to do?
5. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)