|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Evie and Lydia?
(a) Margaret's sisters.
(b) Margaret's granddaughters.
(c) Margaret's daughters.
(d) Margaret's best friends.
2. In his dream, what does the priest see the soldier do?
(a) Take his turn and win the game.
(b) Take his turn and hand the dice to him.
(c) Walk away holding the dice.
(d) Die before he can throw the dice.
3. Who does the narrator meet observing a chess game in the park one afternoon in Rules of the Game?
(a) John Trumble.
(b) Sin Lee.
(c) Max Reinhardt.
(d) Lau Po.
4. What is Acid Rain?
(a) A environmental awareness club.
(b) A group of college students who rent Gunther's apartment.
(c) A rock band who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(d) An actress who rents one of Gunther's houses.
5. Where is Elliot's office?
(a) In a medical plaza.
(b) In the state hospital.
(c) In the university science building.
(d) In the courthouse.
6. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
(a) Of tuberculosis.
(b) Of cancer.
(c) Of a brain tumor.
(d) Of pneumonia.
7. Who is Buck in Cody's Story?
(a) Timble's son.
(b) G.R.'s horse.
(c) G.R.'s tractor trailor.
(d) Cody's dog.
8. In the story Rules of Invisible Strength, what is invisible strength?
(a) A strategy for winning arguments and respect from others.
(b) Religious instruction.
(c) A superhero's powers.
(d) Muscle toning and strength.
9. In the story Lawns, how does the narrator identify herself in the first sentence of the story?
(a) She kills.
(b) She lies.
(c) She steals.
(d) She blackmails.
10. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(b) Because of his deformity.
(c) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(d) Because he is very hairy.
11. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
(b) The Sound of Music.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) Phantom of the Opera.
12. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
13. In Rules of the Game, who in the narrator's family received a chess set at the annual church Christmas party?
(a) Her sister June.
(b) Her brother Vincent.
(c) Her aunt Jade.
(d) Her father Anton.
14. Where do Gunther and the narrator meet in the morning?
(a) The Wonderland Diner.
(b) The Peter Pan Diner.
(c) The Shrek Diner.
(d) The Stubborn Spoon Diner.
15. How old is the priest in Departures when he goes by train to his family's home after six years away?
(a) Twenty five.
(c) Fifty five.
(d) Twenty one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lawns, what room has the narrator reserved at the hotel?
2. Where do Sparky Smith and the narrator attend school?
3. Why is Grace angry with Elliot throughout the story?
4. Who does the narrator of Lawns fall in love with the second time she sees him?
5. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)