|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator of Lawns fall in love with the second time she sees him?
2. Who does the narrator meet observing a chess game in the park one afternoon in Rules of the Game?
(a) Sin Lee.
(b) Lau Po.
(c) John Trumble.
(d) Max Reinhardt.
3. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
(b) Life Magazine.
(c) Seventeen Magazine.
(d) Time Magazine.
4. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A wounded child.
(d) A dead baby.
5. What happens to Cody as he turns to go home from his nap on the rocks?
(a) He slips and falls to the rocks below.
(b) He trips over a tree root and nearly falls.
(c) He yells to G.R. and starts an avalanche.
(d) He slips and slides toward the edge of the summit.
6. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(b) Because he is very hairy.
(c) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(d) Because of his deformity.
7. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
8. Where are Jane's parents drinking on the train?
(a) The Starstruck Lounge.
(b) The Starlit Room.
(c) The Stargazers Lounge.
(d) The Starlight Lounge.
9. Where do Sparky Smith and the narrator attend school?
(a) Lewiston-Porter Central School.
(b) Lewis and Clark Central School.
(c) Lewis and Clark Expedition Junior HIgh.
(d) Lewiston-Porter Junior High School.
10. How are the characters in Trains traveling to Florida?
(a) By car.
(b) By bus.
(c) By boat.
(d) By train.
11. In the story Dog Heaven, what game does the narrator play with Sparky Smith?
12. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
(a) They drink until they pass out.
(b) They go diving in the swimming pool.
(c) They take a nap in the sun.
(d) They make their plan for their movie.
13. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
(a) She is a school counselor.
(b) She is a math tutor.
(c) She is a second grade teacher.
(d) She is a tutor for remedial reading students.
14. Why does Mr. Muirhead say he always talks to young men?
(a) Because he is interested in young men.
(b) Becaue his wife will not let him talk to young women.
(c) Because he is fascinated with their career choices.
(d) Because he is bored talking to his family.
15. How old is Connie's sister?
(a) Twenty seven.
(c) Twenty nine,
(d) Twenty four.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the story Murderers set?
2. What lie does Blankenship tell everyone?
3. In the story Lawns, how does the narrator identify herself in the first sentence of the story?
4. In the story Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds?
5. In The Things They Carried, what are some of things the soldiers carry for personal use?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)