|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daddy Garbage discover in an alley?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A dead baby.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) A wounded child.
2. Five years after her husband dies, with what is the priest's mother suffering?
3. In the story Rules of Invisible Strength, what is invisible strength?
(a) Religious instruction.
(b) Muscle toning and strength.
(c) A superhero's powers.
(d) A strategy for winning arguments and respect from others.
4. Why does Aunt Granny Lith haunt Casey in his marriage?
(a) She was his first wife.
(b) She was his second wife.
(c) When he was a child, he asked her to marry him.
(d) Her daughter was Casey's first wife.
5. Who is Daddy Garbage?
(a) A horse.
(b) The main character of the story.
(c) A dog.
(d) An old man.
6. What color is Arnold's car?
7. Who dies on the day of the narrator's story in Murderers?
(a) Melvin Bloom.
(b) Arnold Bloom.
(c) Marsha Bernstein.
(d) Harold Cohen.
8. In the story Trains, how old are Danica and Jane?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Eight years old.
9. Where are Jane's parents drinking on the train?
(a) The Starlight Lounge.
(b) The Stargazers Lounge.
(c) The Starlit Room.
(d) The Starstruck Lounge.
10. What happens to Cody as he turns to go home from his nap on the rocks?
(a) He yells to G.R. and starts an avalanche.
(b) He trips over a tree root and nearly falls.
(c) He slips and slides toward the edge of the summit.
(d) He slips and falls to the rocks below.
11. Who is Blankenship?
(a) A law partner.
(b) A fellow scientist at the university.
(c) A petty thief who seeks Elliot's help.
(d) A psychiartist.
12. What question does G.R. ask Cody after hearing the story of what happened to Cody after his nap on the rocks?
(a) "Is it true that your whole life passes before your eyes?"
(b) "What were you doing up there with all the ice?"
(c) "How did you get up there by yourself?"
(d) "Were you as frightened as you thought you would be?"
13. What does the priest read while he is sitting at his mother's death bed?
(a) The Bible.
14. Where do Sparky Smith and the narrator attend school?
(a) Lewis and Clark Central School.
(b) Lewiston-Porter Central School.
(c) Lewis and Clark Expedition Junior HIgh.
(d) Lewiston-Porter Junior High School.
15. In the story Dog Heaven, what game does the narrator play with Sparky Smith?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Acid Rain?
2. Why does Mr. Muirhead say he always talks to young men?
3. In The Things They Carried, what does First Lieutenant Jimmy Cross carry with him in Vietnam?
4. What gender does Beth believe her baby to be?
5. In Murderers, what music could the boys hear from their vantage point?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)