|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Testimony of Pilot, what does Radcleve do to Quadberry?
(a) Trips him goign down the stairs.
(b) Throws a rock in his face.
(c) Beats him up.
(d) Throws a lit firecracker in his face.
2. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
3. In Minor Heroism, what happens between father and son one New Year's Eve that shocks the father?
(a) In frsutration the father called his son names.
(b) In anger the father hit his son.
(c) His son told him he was getting married.
(d) His son knocked him to the ground.
4. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
(a) Take a long walk.
(b) Read the Sunday paper.
(c) Return home.
(d) Go to a museum.
5. What do Nick and Karen do on Sundays?
(a) They jogged or practiced basketball.
(b) They slept late and read the paper all afternoon.
(c) They drove to the country.
(d) They jogged or worked out in a gym.
6. What does Ad Magic give to the young boy with the performing monkey?
(a) All of his change.
(b) HIs sweater.
(c) His hat.
(d) Twenty dollars.
7. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
(a) She is a murderer.
(b) She is a detective.
(c) She is a sky diver.
(d) She is a zoo keeper.
8. Where do Irene and the children move when they leave Flagstaff?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Miami, Florida.
(c) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(d) Nashville, Tennessee.
9. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always buy the largest loaf.
(b) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
(c) Always buy warm bread.
(d) Always buy white bread.
10. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
(a) To go to museums.
(b) To pick up the man's wife's car.
(c) To mountain climb.
(d) To ride bikes.
11. What is Michael working on when he sits at the kitchen table in the evenings?
(a) His math.
(b) His art.
(c) His penmanship.
(d) His science.
12. What do Robert and the husband end up doing at the end of the television show?
(a) Calling out for a pizza.
(b) Eating blueberry pie.
(c) Going to sleep.
(d) Drawing a picture together.
13. When does the story Wickedness take place?
(a) In the early twentieth century.
(b) In the late nineteenth century.
(c) In the late eighteenth century.
(d) In the mid twentieth century.
14. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
15. Who is telling the story of the first day?
(a) The teacher taking in a new student to her classroom.
(b) The narrator looking back on the first day of kindergarten.
(c) The narrator looking back on the first day of summer camp.
(d) The mother looking back on taking her child to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Minor Heroism, where in the house does Bryan sit and draw his pictures?
2. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
3. In the story The First Day, what time does the mother tell her daughter she will pick her up?
4. What does the mother in The First Day ask for help in doing?
5. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)