|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Little Duke?
(a) The narrator's daughter's dog.
(b) Edna's uncle.
(c) The name of the restaurant.
(d) A stray cat.
2. In Minor Heroism, where in the house does Bryan sit and draw his pictures?
(a) On the floor of his room.`
(b) On the living room table.
(c) At the dining room table.
(d) At his father's desk.
3. What is Michael working on when he sits at the kitchen table in the evenings?
(a) His penmanship.
(b) His art.
(c) His science.
(d) His math.
4. What does the husband in Cathedral find disconcerting about Robert?
(a) Robert is only twenty years old.
(b) Robert is a paraplegic.
(c) Robert is over seven feet tall.
(d) Robert is blind.
5. Where do Irene and the children move when they leave Flagstaff?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) Miami, Florida.
6. What does Ad Magic give to the young boy with the performing monkey?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) His hat.
(c) All of his change.
(d) HIs sweater.
7. In River of Names, what is the narrator certain she does not want to do?
(a) Have children.
(b) Get married.
(c) Tell stories.
(d) Go back to college.
8. Who does Louise marry when she is thin?
9. Who is telling the story of the first day?
(a) The narrator looking back on the first day of kindergarten.
(b) The mother looking back on taking her child to school.
(c) The teacher taking in a new student to her classroom.
(d) The narrator looking back on the first day of summer camp.
10. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
11. What did Michael remember hearing as a child from the open window in his room?
(a) The sound of the traffic on the street.
(b) His parents singing.
(c) The Kubiacs fighting.
(d) The discussions in the Kubiac's apartment.
12. What does Robert call the husband?
13. What show does Robert and his hosts end up watching on television?
(a) A show about automobiles.
(b) A show about dog training.
(c) A show about cathedrals.
(d) A show about boating.
14. In The Fat Girl, what did Louise's mother start talking to her about when Louise was eight years old?
(a) Attending high school.
(b) Watching her weight.
(c) Attending college.
(d) Her career.
15. Who are Louise's two girl friends in high school?
(a) Jessica and Marie.
(b) Joan and Harriet.
(c) Jean and Melanie.
(d) Joan and Marjorie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Robert and the husband end up doing at the end of the television show?
2. In the story White Horse, who arrives in the light green Mercedes to help the horse?
3. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
4. In the story Wickedness, where does Ainslie Classen find shelter in the blizzard?
5. In Cathedral, who is Robert?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)