|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nick and Karen do on Sundays?
(a) They jogged or worked out in a gym.
(b) They jogged or practiced basketball.
(c) They drove to the country.
(d) They slept late and read the paper all afternoon.
2. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
(a) How to do it, and how to catch it.
(b) Why good girls do not do it.
(c) Why not to do it.
(d) How to do it, and how to get out of the way.
3. What unusual injury befalls Terrence Weber in Emergency?
(a) His wife stabs him in the stomach.
(b) His wife stabs him in the eye.
(c) His wife stabs him in the leg.
(d) His wife stabs him in the heart.
4. In The First Day, what does the mother say when she finds her daughter cannot attend Seaton?
(a) "One person can't ruin the plan."
(b) "One choice jsut brings another."
(c) "One monkey don't stop no show."
(d) "One answer ain't the end."
5. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
(a) He tells his father to put it up on the wall.
(b) He tells his father to keep it.
(c) He tells his father to give it back to him.
(d) He tells his father to throw it away.
6. Who becomes deaf playing drums in a band in the story Testimony of Pilot?
(a) Lillian's brother.
(b) The narrator of the story.
(c) The narrator's younger brother.
7. What kind of car does the narrator of Rock Springs steal?
(a) A grey Continental.
(b) A black Cadillac.
(c) A cranberry Mercedes.
(d) A white Corvette.
8. Who is telling the story of the first day?
(a) The teacher taking in a new student to her classroom.
(b) The narrator looking back on the first day of kindergarten.
(c) The narrator looking back on the first day of summer camp.
(d) The mother looking back on taking her child to school.
9. What do Robert and the husband end up doing at the end of the television show?
(a) Drawing a picture together.
(b) Calling out for a pizza.
(c) Eating blueberry pie.
(d) Going to sleep.
10. When did Emily first meet Willi Varig?
(a) Twenty years before the birth of their child.
(b) In hgih school.
(c) Two years after they were married.
(d) Ten years after WWII.
11. In the story White Horse, who arrives in the light green Mercedes to help the horse?
(a) A businessman.
(b) A vet.
(c) No one.
(d) A doctor.
12. What is Walter's problem?
(a) He is losing his memory.
(b) He is dying of cancer.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
13. After the accident, where does Ad Magic encounter the white horse?
(a) On the beach of the Arabian Sea.
(b) In front of the New Zealand Cafe.
(c) With the boy and the monkey.
(d) On the race track outside the restaurant.
14. In River of Names, who is the narrator's lover?
15. When does the story The First Day take place?
(a) In September at the start of the school year.
(b) In January at the start of the new year.
(c) In mid-winter at the start of the new school term.
(d) In early summer at the start of summer camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dzia-Dzia?
2. In Cathedral, who is Robert?
3. Who is Little Duke?
4. In Minor Heroism, who is posing in the famous picture with the narrator's father?
5. In the story Emergency, how long has the narrator been working in the emergency room when his story begins?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)