|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Walter's problem?
(a) He is losing his memory.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He is dying of cancer.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
2. Whose music does Dzia-Dzia hear while he sits at the other end of the kitchen table from Michael?
(a) Rock music.
(b) Piano music.
(c) Harp music.
(d) Fiddle music.
3. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
(a) Eat alone so as to have some quiet time.
(b) Eat so that you get the most food.
(c) Eat so that no one around you is disgusted.
(d) Eat quickly so as to resume your duties.
4. In River of Names, what does the narrator's lover accuse her of?
(a) A fascination with violence.
(b) An interest in other families.
(c) A poor attitude toward marriage.
(d) Being unfaithful.
5. What two children are left at the school house with the teacher during the blizzard?
(a) Jacob and Annie Smithson.
(b) John and Annie Lendorff.
(c) Jason and Alice Meyer.
(d) Johan and Alma Lindquist.
6. What does the mother in The First Day ask for help in doing?
(a) Locating the bathrooms.
(b) Filling out registration forms.
(c) Finding the bookstore.
(d) Locating the lunchroom.
7. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
(a) In his grandmother's deserted apartment.
(b) In a Marriott Hotel.
(c) At a friend of hers.
(d) At a B and B.
8. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
9. When did Emily first meet Willi Varig?
(a) In hgih school.
(b) Two years after they were married.
(c) Twenty years before the birth of their child.
(d) Ten years after WWII.
10. What is the young girl carrying with her on the first day?
(a) A purse, a lunchbox, and a brush.
(b) A lunchbox, a jacket, and a notebook.
(c) A cot, a blanket, and a notebook.
(d) A pencil, a pencil sharpener, and a small composition notebook.
11. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
(a) In an automobile.
(b) In a wooden house.
(c) In a haystack.
(d) In a pig sty.
12. In the story White Horse, who arrives in the light green Mercedes to help the horse?
(a) A vet.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) No one.
13. In the story The First Day, what time does the mother tell her daughter she will pick her up?
14. What does the older son in Minor Heroism do for a living?
(a) He is a college professor.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a school teacher.
(d) He is an attorney.
15. What happens to Quadberry in the VIetnam war?
(a) He is injured in a car crash.
(b) He is injured flying a combat jet.
(c) He is injured by a bomb.
(d) He is injured in a tank explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Little Duke?
2. In River of Names, what is the narrator certain she does not want to do?
3. What instrument does Quadberry in Testimony of Pilot play?
4. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
5. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)