|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
2. What does Ad Magic have in his mouth when the bus crashes?
(b) A cigar.
(c) A horsehound lozenge.
(d) A lollypop.
3. What does the older son in Minor Heroism do for a living?
(a) He is an attorney.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a school teacher.
(d) He is a college professor.
4. In White Horse, who does the white horse belong to?
(a) He belongs to the bus driver.
(b) He wandered into town without an owner.
(c) He is a retired circus horse.
(d) He belongs to the restaurant owner.
5. What is Georgie's job at the hospital?
(a) He is a practical nurse.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a janitor.
(d) He is an orderly.
6. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Washington, D.C.
7. Who are Louise's two girl friends in high school?
(a) Jessica and Marie.
(b) Jean and Melanie.
(c) Joan and Harriet.
(d) Joan and Marjorie.
8. What happens to Quadberry in the VIetnam war?
(a) He is injured flying a combat jet.
(b) He is injured by a bomb.
(c) He is injured in a tank explosion.
(d) He is injured in a car crash.
9. In the story Rock Springs, what animal does Edna win in a bet?
(a) A tarantula.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A spider monkey.
(d) A goat.
10. What is the young girl carrying with her on the first day?
(a) A purse, a lunchbox, and a brush.
(b) A pencil, a pencil sharpener, and a small composition notebook.
(c) A lunchbox, a jacket, and a notebook.
(d) A cot, a blanket, and a notebook.
11. In Minor Heroism, who is posing in the famous picture with the narrator's father?
(a) Betty Grable.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) The Andrews Sisters.
12. In All the Way in Flagstaff, what does William want to do when he grows up?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Become a doctor.
(c) Become a firefighter.
(d) Become a teacher.
13. What two children are left at the school house with the teacher during the blizzard?
(a) Johan and Alma Lindquist.
(b) John and Annie Lendorff.
(c) Jacob and Annie Smithson.
(d) Jason and Alice Meyer.
14. In what condition does Varig arrive at Tusend Hjem on the night of the meeting?
(a) He is unable to speak English.
(b) He is exhausted.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is alone and afraid.
15. In Minor Heroism, where in the house does Bryan sit and draw his pictures?
(a) On the living room table.
(b) At his father's desk.
(c) On the floor of his room.`
(d) At the dining room table.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
2. Who becomes deaf playing drums in a band in the story Testimony of Pilot?
3. What show does Robert and his hosts end up watching on television?
4. What color was the vintage Thunderbird?
5. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)