|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In All the Way in Flagstaff, what does William want to do when he grows up?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Become a priest.
(c) Become a teacher.
(d) Become a firefighter.
2. Who does Georgie pick up hitchhiking on the side of the road?
(a) A young man running from the police.
(b) A young woman who has been shot.
(c) A young man AWOL from the army trying to get to Canada.
(d) A young woman escaping a horrible husband.
3. In Talk of Heroes, Who is Willi Varig?
(a) Emily's husband.
(b) A famous Norwegian war hero.
(c) The director of the church.
(d) A Vietnam veteran.
4. In Minor Heroism, what happens between father and son one New Year's Eve that shocks the father?
(a) His son knocked him to the ground.
(b) In frsutration the father called his son names.
(c) In anger the father hit his son.
(d) His son told him he was getting married.
5. What does Georgie hit when he is driving around with the narrator after their shifts?
(a) A cow.
(b) A pregnant rabbit.
(c) A truck.
(d) A deer.
6. After the accident, where does Ad Magic encounter the white horse?
(a) With the boy and the monkey.
(b) On the race track outside the restaurant.
(c) On the beach of the Arabian Sea.
(d) In front of the New Zealand Cafe.
7. In River of Names, what does the narrator's lover accuse her of?
(a) A fascination with violence.
(b) An interest in other families.
(c) A poor attitude toward marriage.
(d) Being unfaithful.
8. In River of Names, what is the narrator certain she does not want to do?
(a) Tell stories.
(b) Go back to college.
(c) Get married.
(d) Have children.
9. What Neil Young song does Georgie sing as he preps Mr. Weber?
(a) Southern Man.
(b) Cinnamon Girl.
(c) Sail Away.
(d) Cowgirl in the Sand.
10. What is Walter's problem?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is dying of cancer.
(c) He is losing his memory.
(d) He is having an affair.
11. Where does Hattie Benedict move after the blizzard?
(a) Sarasota, Florida.
(b) Seattle, Washington
(c) Raleigh, North Carolina.
(d) Oakland, California.
12. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
13. In the story Rock Springs, what animal does Edna win in a bet?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A tarantula.
(c) A goat.
(d) A spider monkey.
14. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
(a) Congenital epilepsy.
(b) Grand mal epilepsy.
(c) Temporal-lobe epilepsy.
(d) Mild epilepsy.
15. To whom was Robert married?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Minor Heroism, who is posing in the famous picture with the narrator's father?
2. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
3. What does the father in the story Minor Heroism do for a living?
4. In the story Wickedness, where does Ainslie Classen find shelter in the blizzard?
5. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)