Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Michael and Delores first find they have in common?
(a) They both loved Italian food.
(b) They both were married twice before.
(c) They both have cats.
(d) They both own guns.
2. After the accident, where does Ad Magic encounter the white horse?
(a) On the beach of the Arabian Sea.
(b) On the race track outside the restaurant.
(c) In front of the New Zealand Cafe.
(d) With the boy and the monkey.
3. In Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta, where is the protagonist going when she first meets Lenny?
(a) To work.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the grocery.
(d) To her AA meeting.
4. What show does Robert and his hosts end up watching on television?
(a) A show about automobiles.
(b) A show about dog training.
(c) A show about boating.
(d) A show about cathedrals.
5. Where does the narrator, Cheryl and Edna spend the night when their car breaks down?
(a) A Marriott.
(b) A Day's Inn.
(c) A Ramada.
(d) A Super 8.
6. When did Emily first meet Willi Varig?
(a) Ten years after WWII.
(b) Twenty years before the birth of their child.
(c) In hgih school.
(d) Two years after they were married.
7. In what condition does Varig arrive at Tusend Hjem on the night of the meeting?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is unable to speak English.
(c) He is alone and afraid.
(d) He is exhausted.
8. In All the Way in Flagstaff, what does William want to do when he grows up?
(a) Become a firefighter.
(b) Become a priest.
(c) Become a doctor.
(d) Become a teacher.
9. In Minor Heroism, who is posing in the famous picture with the narrator's father?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Betty Grable.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) The Andrews Sisters.
10. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
(a) He tells his father to throw it away.
(b) He tells his father to keep it.
(c) He tells his father to give it back to him.
(d) He tells his father to put it up on the wall.
11. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
12. What is Michael working on when he sits at the kitchen table in the evenings?
(a) His penmanship.
(b) His science.
(c) His math.
(d) His art.
13. How does the protagonist in Tall Tales from the Mekong Deltareact when Lenny shows up at her house unannounced?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is curious.
(d) She is thrilled.
14. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(a) Her first marriage.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her favorite books.
15. What does Ad Magic give to the young boy with the performing monkey?
(a) HIs sweater.
(b) His hat.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) All of his change.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Georgie pick up hitchhiking on the side of the road?
2. What does Georgie hit when he is driving around with the narrator after their shifts?
3. How old is the new county school teacher in Wickedness?
4. What does the father in the story Minor Heroism do for a living?
5. What did Michael remember hearing as a child from the open window in his room?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)