|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Neil Young song does Georgie sing as he preps Mr. Weber?
(a) Cowgirl in the Sand.
(b) Southern Man.
(c) Sail Away.
(d) Cinnamon Girl.
2. In the story White Horse, who arrives in the light green Mercedes to help the horse?
(a) No one.
(b) A vet.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A doctor.
3. In Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta, where is the protagonist going when she first meets Lenny?
(a) To her AA meeting.
(b) To work.
(c) To the grocery.
(d) To the movies.
4. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
(a) To mountain climb.
(b) To pick up the man's wife's car.
(c) To go to museums.
(d) To ride bikes.
5. In Minor Heroism, what happens between father and son one New Year's Eve that shocks the father?
(a) In anger the father hit his son.
(b) His son knocked him to the ground.
(c) In frsutration the father called his son names.
(d) His son told him he was getting married.
6. What is the young girl carrying with her on the first day?
(a) A purse, a lunchbox, and a brush.
(b) A cot, a blanket, and a notebook.
(c) A pencil, a pencil sharpener, and a small composition notebook.
(d) A lunchbox, a jacket, and a notebook.
7. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
(a) Okra trees harbor red ants.
(b) Okra has deep roots.
(c) Okra smells bad.
(d) Okra attracts deer.
8. Who becomes deaf playing drums in a band in the story Testimony of Pilot?
(a) The narrator of the story.
(b) Lillian's brother.
(c) The narrator's younger brother.
9. In The Fat Girl, what did Louise's mother start talking to her about when Louise was eight years old?
(a) Attending college.
(b) Her career.
(c) Attending high school.
(d) Watching her weight.
10. After the accident, where does Ad Magic encounter the white horse?
(a) With the boy and the monkey.
(b) On the beach of the Arabian Sea.
(c) In front of the New Zealand Cafe.
(d) On the race track outside the restaurant.
11. What does Ad Magic give to the young boy with the performing monkey?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) His hat.
(c) HIs sweater.
(d) All of his change.
12. Who is Dzia-Dzia?
(a) Michael's mother.
(b) Michael's uncle.
(c) Michael's sister.
(d) Michael's grandfather.
13. What do Robert and the husband end up doing at the end of the television show?
(a) Drawing a picture together.
(b) Going to sleep.
(c) Calling out for a pizza.
(d) Eating blueberry pie.
14. What color was the vintage Thunderbird?
15. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
(a) He tells his father to keep it.
(b) He tells his father to put it up on the wall.
(c) He tells his father to give it back to him.
(d) He tells his father to throw it away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hattie Benedict move after the blizzard?
2. What does Georgie hit when he is driving around with the narrator after their shifts?
3. In the story Testimony of Pilot, what does Radcleve do to Quadberry?
4. In Minor Heroism, who is posing in the famous picture with the narrator's father?
5. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)