Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Little Duke?
(a) Edna's uncle.
(b) A stray cat.
(c) The name of the restaurant.
(d) The narrator's daughter's dog.
2. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
(a) Roy Rogers Cafeteria.
(b) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
3. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
(a) In an automobile.
(b) In a pig sty.
(c) In a haystack.
(d) In a wooden house.
4. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
(a) You might be seen.
(b) You might catch something.
(c) You might get in trouble with the police.
(d) You might get stung by a bee.
5. Whose music does Dzia-Dzia hear while he sits at the other end of the kitchen table from Michael?
(a) Piano music.
(b) Harp music.
(c) Fiddle music.
(d) Rock music.
6. What is Walter's problem?
(a) He is dying of cancer.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He is losing his memory.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
7. What is the young girl carrying with her on the first day?
(a) A pencil, a pencil sharpener, and a small composition notebook.
(b) A purse, a lunchbox, and a brush.
(c) A lunchbox, a jacket, and a notebook.
(d) A cot, a blanket, and a notebook.
8. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
(a) To pick up the man's wife's car.
(b) To ride bikes.
(c) To go to museums.
(d) To mountain climb.
9. When did Emily first meet Willi Varig?
(a) In hgih school.
(b) Two years after they were married.
(c) Ten years after WWII.
(d) Twenty years before the birth of their child.
10. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
(a) She is a murderer.
(b) She is a detective.
(c) She is a sky diver.
(d) She is a zoo keeper.
11. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
(a) Okra attracts deer.
(b) Okra trees harbor red ants.
(c) Okra smells bad.
(d) Okra has deep roots.
12. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) Los Angeles.
13. What Neil Young song does Georgie sing as he preps Mr. Weber?
(a) Southern Man.
(b) Cinnamon Girl.
(c) Cowgirl in the Sand.
(d) Sail Away.
14. In The First Day, what does the mother say when she finds her daughter cannot attend Seaton?
(a) "One monkey don't stop no show."
(b) "One choice jsut brings another."
(c) "One answer ain't the end."
(d) "One person can't ruin the plan."
15. In Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta, where is the protagonist going when she first meets Lenny?
(a) To work.
(b) To her AA meeting.
(c) To the grocery.
(d) To the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In River of Names, what is the narrator certain she does not want to do?
2. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
3. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
4. Where do Irene and the children move when they leave Flagstaff?
5. Who is telling the story of the first day?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)