|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
(a) Why good girls do not do it.
(b) How to do it, and how to get out of the way.
(c) Why not to do it.
(d) How to do it, and how to catch it.
2. How old is the new county school teacher in Wickedness?
(a) Thirty nine.
(b) Twenty five.
3. Who becomes deaf playing drums in a band in the story Testimony of Pilot?
(a) The narrator of the story.
(b) The narrator's younger brother.
(c) Lillian's brother.
4. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. What is Michael working on when he sits at the kitchen table in the evenings?
(a) His penmanship.
(b) His art.
(c) His math.
(d) His science.
6. In River of Names, what does the narrator's lover accuse her of?
(a) A fascination with violence.
(b) A poor attitude toward marriage.
(c) An interest in other families.
(d) Being unfaithful.
7. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
(a) She is a detective.
(b) She is a zoo keeper.
(c) She is a murderer.
(d) She is a sky diver.
8. What is Georgie's job at the hospital?
(a) He is an orderly.
(b) He is a janitor.
(c) He is a practical nurse.
(d) He is a doctor.
9. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
(a) In a Marriott Hotel.
(b) At a friend of hers.
(c) At a B and B.
(d) In his grandmother's deserted apartment.
10. What do Robert and the husband end up doing at the end of the television show?
(a) Going to sleep.
(b) Eating blueberry pie.
(c) Drawing a picture together.
(d) Calling out for a pizza.
11. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her first marriage.
(d) Her favorite books.
12. What did Louise sneak out of the kitchen when she was a young child?
(a) Her mother's diet pills.
(b) Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
(c) Peanut butter sandwiches.
(d) Diet cola.
13. Where are the narrator and his passengers going in the story Rock Springs?
(a) To Oregon.
(b) To Connecticut.
(c) To Louisiana.
(d) To Florida.
14. What does Robert call the husband?
15. When did Emily first meet Willi Varig?
(a) In hgih school.
(b) Twenty years before the birth of their child.
(c) Two years after they were married.
(d) Ten years after WWII.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ad Magic give to the young boy with the performing monkey?
2. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
3. In River of Names, what is the narrator certain she does not want to do?
4. What instrument does Quadberry in Testimony of Pilot play?
5. In The Fat Girl, what did Louise's mother start talking to her about when Louise was eight years old?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)