|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
(a) In a haystack.
(b) In an automobile.
(c) In a wooden house.
(d) In a pig sty.
2. What Neil Young song does Georgie sing as he preps Mr. Weber?
(a) Cinnamon Girl.
(b) Cowgirl in the Sand.
(c) Sail Away.
(d) Southern Man.
3. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
(a) Okra smells bad.
(b) Okra trees harbor red ants.
(c) Okra has deep roots.
(d) Okra attracts deer.
4. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
(a) Eat so that no one around you is disgusted.
(b) Eat alone so as to have some quiet time.
(c) Eat so that you get the most food.
(d) Eat quickly so as to resume your duties.
5. How old is the new county school teacher in Wickedness?
(a) Thirty nine.
(c) Twenty five.
6. Where does Hattie Benedict move after the blizzard?
(a) Raleigh, North Carolina.
(b) Sarasota, Florida.
(c) Seattle, Washington
(d) Oakland, California.
7. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. In Cathedral, who is Robert?
(a) The wife's uncle.
(b) The wife's grandfather.
(c) The wife's brother.
(d) The wife's blind friend.
9. In Minor Heroism, who is posing in the famous picture with the narrator's father?
(a) Betty Grable.
(b) The Andrews Sisters.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Audrey Hepburn.
10. Where do Irene and the children move when they leave Flagstaff?
(a) Miami, Florida.
(b) Nashville, Tennessee.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) New Orleans, Louisiana.
11. In the story White Horse, who arrives in the light green Mercedes to help the horse?
(a) A doctor.
(b) No one.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A vet.
12. What did Michael remember hearing as a child from the open window in his room?
(a) The Kubiacs fighting.
(b) The discussions in the Kubiac's apartment.
(c) The sound of the traffic on the street.
(d) His parents singing.
13. Where does the narrator, Cheryl and Edna spend the night when their car breaks down?
(a) A Super 8.
(b) A Day's Inn.
(c) A Marriott.
(d) A Ramada.
14. What does Robert call the husband?
15. What kind of car does the narrator of Rock Springs steal?
(a) A white Corvette.
(b) A grey Continental.
(c) A cranberry Mercedes.
(d) A black Cadillac.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Minor Heroism, where in the house does Bryan sit and draw his pictures?
2. In Minor Heroism, what happens between father and son one New Year's Eve that shocks the father?
3. After the accident, where does Ad Magic encounter the white horse?
4. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
5. What does the father in the story Minor Heroism do for a living?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)