|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show does Robert and his hosts end up watching on television?
(a) A show about automobiles.
(b) A show about cathedrals.
(c) A show about dog training.
(d) A show about boating.
2. How does the protagonist in Tall Tales from the Mekong Deltareact when Lenny shows up at her house unannounced?
(a) She is thrilled.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is curious.
(d) She is nervous.
3. When did Emily first meet Willi Varig?
(a) In hgih school.
(b) Twenty years before the birth of their child.
(c) Ten years after WWII.
(d) Two years after they were married.
4. What is Walter's problem?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is losing his memory.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He is dying of cancer.
5. In All the Way in Flagstaff, what does William want to do when he grows up?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Become a priest.
(c) Become a teacher.
(d) Become a firefighter.
6. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
(c) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
(d) Roy Rogers Cafeteria.
7. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
(a) You might get stung by a bee.
(b) You might be seen.
(c) You might get in trouble with the police.
(d) You might catch something.
8. What unusual injury befalls Terrence Weber in Emergency?
(a) His wife stabs him in the stomach.
(b) His wife stabs him in the leg.
(c) His wife stabs him in the eye.
(d) His wife stabs him in the heart.
9. Where does Hattie Benedict move after the blizzard?
(a) Raleigh, North Carolina.
(b) Oakland, California.
(c) Seattle, Washington
(d) Sarasota, Florida.
10. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
(a) Return home.
(b) Take a long walk.
(c) Go to a museum.
(d) Read the Sunday paper.
11. In River of Names, what does the narrator's lover accuse her of?
(a) Being unfaithful.
(b) A poor attitude toward marriage.
(c) An interest in other families.
(d) A fascination with violence.
12. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
(a) Grand mal epilepsy.
(b) Temporal-lobe epilepsy.
(c) Mild epilepsy.
(d) Congenital epilepsy.
13. What does the husband in Cathedral find disconcerting about Robert?
(a) Robert is only twenty years old.
(b) Robert is a paraplegic.
(c) Robert is over seven feet tall.
(d) Robert is blind.
14. In the story Chopin in Winter, who is the first person in Mrs. Kubiac's family to graduate from high school and attend college?
(a) Her son Martin.
(b) Her daughter Marion.
(c) Her daughter Marcy.
(d) Her son Matthew.
15. What do Robert and the husband end up doing at the end of the television show?
(a) Calling out for a pizza.
(b) Going to sleep.
(c) Eating blueberry pie.
(d) Drawing a picture together.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Emergency, how long has the narrator been working in the emergency room when his story begins?
2. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
3. Who is Little Duke?
4. After the accident, where does Ad Magic encounter the white horse?
5. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)