|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does the narrator of Rock Springs steal?
(a) A black Cadillac.
(b) A white Corvette.
(c) A grey Continental.
(d) A cranberry Mercedes.
2. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
(a) Books on dieting.
(c) Pictures of thin women.
3. What did Michael remember hearing as a child from the open window in his room?
(a) The sound of the traffic on the street.
(b) His parents singing.
(c) The Kubiacs fighting.
(d) The discussions in the Kubiac's apartment.
4. In the story Emergency, how long has the narrator been working in the emergency room when his story begins?
(a) About six months.
(b) About a year.
(c) About three weeks.
(d) About three months.
5. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
6. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
(a) She is a murderer.
(b) She is a detective.
(c) She is a zoo keeper.
(d) She is a sky diver.
7. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
(a) Mild epilepsy.
(b) Congenital epilepsy.
(c) Grand mal epilepsy.
(d) Temporal-lobe epilepsy.
8. In River of Names, what is the narrator certain she does not want to do?
(a) Have children.
(b) Tell stories.
(c) Go back to college.
(d) Get married.
9. Where do Irene and the children move when they leave Flagstaff?
(a) Nashville, Tennessee.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(d) Miami, Florida.
10. Where does the narrator, Cheryl and Edna spend the night when their car breaks down?
(a) A Super 8.
(b) A Ramada.
(c) A Marriott.
(d) A Day's Inn.
11. In the story Chopin in Winter, who is the first person in Mrs. Kubiac's family to graduate from high school and attend college?
(a) Her son Martin.
(b) Her daughter Marion.
(c) Her daughter Marcy.
(d) Her son Matthew.
12. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
(a) Eat so that no one around you is disgusted.
(b) Eat quickly so as to resume your duties.
(c) Eat alone so as to have some quiet time.
(d) Eat so that you get the most food.
13. In Minor Heroism, what happens between father and son one New Year's Eve that shocks the father?
(a) In anger the father hit his son.
(b) His son told him he was getting married.
(c) His son knocked him to the ground.
(d) In frsutration the father called his son names.
14. Who is Louise's close friend in college?
15. In the story Rock Springs, what animal does Edna win in a bet?
(a) A spider monkey.
(b) A tarantula.
(c) A goat.
(d) A kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert call the husband?
2. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
3. In Talk of Heroes, Who is Willi Varig?
4. What color was the vintage Thunderbird?
5. As A Vintage Thunderbird opens, who are the people driving from Virginia to New York?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)