|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert call the husband?
2. What instrument does Quadberry in Testimony of Pilot play?
(a) The clarinet.
(b) The saxophone.
(c) The drums.
(d) The violin.
3. In Cathedral, who is Robert?
(a) The wife's grandfather.
(b) The wife's uncle.
(c) The wife's blind friend.
(d) The wife's brother.
4. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
(a) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
(d) Roy Rogers Cafeteria.
6. In The First Day, what does the mother say when she finds her daughter cannot attend Seaton?
(a) "One person can't ruin the plan."
(b) "One answer ain't the end."
(c) "One monkey don't stop no show."
(d) "One choice jsut brings another."
7. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
(a) How to do it, and how to catch it.
(b) Why good girls do not do it.
(c) Why not to do it.
(d) How to do it, and how to get out of the way.
8. How old is the new county school teacher in Wickedness?
(a) Thirty nine.
(b) Twenty five.
9. In All the Way in Flagstaff, what does William want to do when he grows up?
(a) Become a firefighter.
(b) Become a priest.
(c) Become a teacher.
(d) Become a doctor.
10. Who is telling the story of the first day?
(a) The narrator looking back on the first day of summer camp.
(b) The narrator looking back on the first day of kindergarten.
(c) The mother looking back on taking her child to school.
(d) The teacher taking in a new student to her classroom.
11. What is Walter's problem?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is losing his memory.
(c) He is dying of cancer.
(d) He is having an affair.
12. In River of Names, what is the narrator certain she does not want to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Have children.
(c) Go back to college.
(d) Tell stories.
13. Who does Louise marry when she is thin?
14. What does the older son in Minor Heroism do for a living?
(a) He is a school teacher.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is an attorney.
(d) He is a college professor.
15. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
(a) Take a long walk.
(b) Return home.
(c) Read the Sunday paper.
(d) Go to a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie hit when he is driving around with the narrator after their shifts?
2. In the story Testimony of Pilot, what does Radcleve do to Quadberry?
3. What do Nick and Karen do on Sundays?
4. In River of Names, who is the narrator's lover?
5. What does the husband in Cathedral find disconcerting about Robert?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)