|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the vintage Thunderbird?
2. What is Michael working on when he sits at the kitchen table in the evenings?
(a) His math.
(b) His penmanship.
(c) His science.
(d) His art.
3. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
(a) She is a murderer.
(b) She is a detective.
(c) She is a sky diver.
(d) She is a zoo keeper.
4. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
5. In the story Rock Springs, what animal does Edna win in a bet?
(a) A goat.
(b) A spider monkey.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A tarantula.
6. What does Georgie hit when he is driving around with the narrator after their shifts?
(a) A deer.
(b) A truck.
(c) A cow.
(d) A pregnant rabbit.
7. Who becomes deaf playing drums in a band in the story Testimony of Pilot?
(b) The narrator's younger brother.
(c) The narrator of the story.
(d) Lillian's brother.
8. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
(a) You might get stung by a bee.
(b) You might be seen.
(c) You might catch something.
(d) You might get in trouble with the police.
9. What do Nick and Karen do on Sundays?
(a) They jogged or worked out in a gym.
(b) They drove to the country.
(c) They jogged or practiced basketball.
(d) They slept late and read the paper all afternoon.
10. After the accident, where does Ad Magic encounter the white horse?
(a) On the race track outside the restaurant.
(b) On the beach of the Arabian Sea.
(c) With the boy and the monkey.
(d) In front of the New Zealand Cafe.
11. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
12. Who are Louise's two girl friends in high school?
(a) Jessica and Marie.
(b) Joan and Harriet.
(c) Jean and Melanie.
(d) Joan and Marjorie.
13. What does the mother in The First Day ask for help in doing?
(a) Finding the bookstore.
(b) Locating the lunchroom.
(c) Locating the bathrooms.
(d) Filling out registration forms.
14. What does Ad Magic have in his mouth when the bus crashes?
(b) A lollypop.
(c) A horsehound lozenge.
(d) A cigar.
15. Whose music does Dzia-Dzia hear while he sits at the other end of the kitchen table from Michael?
(a) Harp music.
(b) Rock music.
(c) Fiddle music.
(d) Piano music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the narrator and his passengers going in the story Rock Springs?
2. When did Emily first meet Willi Varig?
3. How old is the new county school teacher in Wickedness?
4. In River of Names, what is the narrator certain she does not want to do?
5. Who does Georgie pick up hitchhiking on the side of the road?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)