|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual injury befalls Terrence Weber in Emergency?
(a) His wife stabs him in the stomach.
(b) His wife stabs him in the leg.
(c) His wife stabs him in the heart.
(d) His wife stabs him in the eye.
2. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
(a) In an automobile.
(b) In a pig sty.
(c) In a haystack.
(d) In a wooden house.
3. Where does Hattie Benedict move after the blizzard?
(a) Raleigh, North Carolina.
(b) Seattle, Washington
(c) Sarasota, Florida.
(d) Oakland, California.
4. What Neil Young song does Georgie sing as he preps Mr. Weber?
(a) Cinnamon Girl.
(b) Southern Man.
(c) Cowgirl in the Sand.
(d) Sail Away.
5. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(b) Her family.
(c) Her first marriage.
(d) Her favorite books.
6. What is Michael working on when he sits at the kitchen table in the evenings?
(a) His math.
(b) His science.
(c) His art.
(d) His penmanship.
7. What is Walter's problem?
(a) He is losing his memory.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He is dying of cancer.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
8. To whom was Robert married?
9. As A Vintage Thunderbird opens, who are the people driving from Virginia to New York?
(a) Nick and Karen.
(b) Nick and Lauren.
(c) Mick and Susan.
(d) Mick and Karen.
10. In River of Names, who is the narrator's lover?
11. What show does Robert and his hosts end up watching on television?
(a) A show about cathedrals.
(b) A show about dog training.
(c) A show about boating.
(d) A show about automobiles.
12. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
13. Who is Little Duke?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) The name of the restaurant.
(c) Edna's uncle.
(d) The narrator's daughter's dog.
14. What is the young girl carrying with her on the first day?
(a) A purse, a lunchbox, and a brush.
(b) A pencil, a pencil sharpener, and a small composition notebook.
(c) A cot, a blanket, and a notebook.
(d) A lunchbox, a jacket, and a notebook.
15. In the story Testimony of Pilot, what does Radcleve do to Quadberry?
(a) Trips him goign down the stairs.
(b) Throws a rock in his face.
(c) Throws a lit firecracker in his face.
(d) Beats him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father in the story Minor Heroism do for a living?
2. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
3. In White Horse, who does the white horse belong to?
4. After the accident, where does Ad Magic encounter the white horse?
5. What kind of car does the narrator of Rock Springs steal?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)