|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does the narrator of Rock Springs steal?
(a) A black Cadillac.
(b) A grey Continental.
(c) A cranberry Mercedes.
(d) A white Corvette.
2. Whose music does Dzia-Dzia hear while he sits at the other end of the kitchen table from Michael?
(a) Fiddle music.
(b) Harp music.
(c) Piano music.
(d) Rock music.
3. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
(a) She is a zoo keeper.
(b) She is a detective.
(c) She is a murderer.
(d) She is a sky diver.
4. Where did Mrs. Kubiac go to try and find her daughter?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. Who is Louise's close friend in college?
6. What did Michael remember hearing as a child from the open window in his room?
(a) His parents singing.
(b) The Kubiacs fighting.
(c) The discussions in the Kubiac's apartment.
(d) The sound of the traffic on the street.
7. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
(a) Grand mal epilepsy.
(b) Mild epilepsy.
(c) Temporal-lobe epilepsy.
(d) Congenital epilepsy.
8. What is Michael working on when he sits at the kitchen table in the evenings?
(a) His art.
(b) His math.
(c) His science.
(d) His penmanship.
9. What does the older son in Minor Heroism do for a living?
(a) He is a school teacher.
(b) He is an attorney.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a college professor.
10. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
(a) In a pig sty.
(b) In a haystack.
(c) In an automobile.
(d) In a wooden house.
11. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
12. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(b) Her first marriage.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her favorite books.
13. What does the mother in The First Day ask for help in doing?
(a) Locating the bathrooms.
(b) Locating the lunchroom.
(c) Finding the bookstore.
(d) Filling out registration forms.
14. What does the husband in Cathedral find disconcerting about Robert?
(a) Robert is blind.
(b) Robert is only twenty years old.
(c) Robert is a paraplegic.
(d) Robert is over seven feet tall.
15. Who is Dzia-Dzia?
(a) Michael's sister.
(b) Michael's grandfather.
(c) Michael's uncle.
(d) Michael's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie hit when he is driving around with the narrator after their shifts?
2. In Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta, where is the protagonist going when she first meets Lenny?
3. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
4. What do Nick and Karen do on Sundays?
5. In the story Rock Springs, what animal does Edna win in a bet?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)