|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the vintage Thunderbird?
2. In what condition does Varig arrive at Tusend Hjem on the night of the meeting?
(a) He is unable to speak English.
(b) He is alone and afraid.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is exhausted.
3. Who does Georgie pick up hitchhiking on the side of the road?
(a) A young man running from the police.
(b) A young man AWOL from the army trying to get to Canada.
(c) A young woman escaping a horrible husband.
(d) A young woman who has been shot.
4. Who is telling the story of the first day?
(a) The narrator looking back on the first day of kindergarten.
(b) The mother looking back on taking her child to school.
(c) The narrator looking back on the first day of summer camp.
(d) The teacher taking in a new student to her classroom.
5. What happens to Quadberry in the VIetnam war?
(a) He is injured in a car crash.
(b) He is injured in a tank explosion.
(c) He is injured flying a combat jet.
(d) He is injured by a bomb.
6. In the story Emergency, how long has the narrator been working in the emergency room when his story begins?
(a) About six months.
(b) About a year.
(c) About three weeks.
(d) About three months.
7. Who becomes deaf playing drums in a band in the story Testimony of Pilot?
(b) The narrator's younger brother.
(c) The narrator of the story.
(d) Lillian's brother.
8. What does Robert call the husband?
9. In the story Rock Springs, what animal does Edna win in a bet?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A spider monkey.
(c) A tarantula.
(d) A goat.
10. How old is the new county school teacher in Wickedness?
(b) Twenty five.
(d) Thirty nine.
11. In Minor Heroism, where in the house does Bryan sit and draw his pictures?
(a) At the dining room table.
(b) On the floor of his room.`
(c) At his father's desk.
(d) On the living room table.
12. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
(a) Why not to do it.
(b) How to do it, and how to catch it.
(c) Why good girls do not do it.
(d) How to do it, and how to get out of the way.
13. In Minor Heroism, what happens between father and son one New Year's Eve that shocks the father?
(a) In anger the father hit his son.
(b) In frsutration the father called his son names.
(c) His son knocked him to the ground.
(d) His son told him he was getting married.
14. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
(a) In an automobile.
(b) In a haystack.
(c) In a wooden house.
(d) In a pig sty.
15. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
(a) He tells his father to keep it.
(b) He tells his father to put it up on the wall.
(c) He tells his father to give it back to him.
(d) He tells his father to throw it away.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
2. Who does Louise marry when she is thin?
3. To whom was Robert married?
4. In the story Chopin in Winter, who is the first person in Mrs. Kubiac's family to graduate from high school and attend college?
5. What does the older son in Minor Heroism do for a living?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)