|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Rock Springs, what animal does Edna win in a bet?
(a) A goat.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A tarantula.
(d) A spider monkey.
2. Who is Dzia-Dzia?
(a) Michael's grandfather.
(b) Michael's uncle.
(c) Michael's mother.
(d) Michael's sister.
3. What show does Robert and his hosts end up watching on television?
(a) A show about cathedrals.
(b) A show about boating.
(c) A show about dog training.
(d) A show about automobiles.
4. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
(a) How to do it, and how to catch it.
(b) Why not to do it.
(c) How to do it, and how to get out of the way.
(d) Why good girls do not do it.
5. Who does Georgie pick up hitchhiking on the side of the road?
(a) A young man running from the police.
(b) A young woman who has been shot.
(c) A young man AWOL from the army trying to get to Canada.
(d) A young woman escaping a horrible husband.
6. In Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta, where is the protagonist going when she first meets Lenny?
(a) To work.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To her AA meeting.
(d) To the grocery.
7. What does Ad Magic have in his mouth when the bus crashes?
(a) A cigar.
(c) A horsehound lozenge.
(d) A lollypop.
8. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
(a) Grand mal epilepsy.
(b) Mild epilepsy.
(c) Congenital epilepsy.
(d) Temporal-lobe epilepsy.
9. What kind of car does the narrator of Rock Springs steal?
(a) A white Corvette.
(b) A black Cadillac.
(c) A cranberry Mercedes.
(d) A grey Continental.
10. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
11. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(b) Her favorite books.
(c) Her first marriage.
(d) Her family.
12. In the story The First Day, what time does the mother tell her daughter she will pick her up?
13. What does Georgie hit when he is driving around with the narrator after their shifts?
(a) A cow.
(b) A pregnant rabbit.
(c) A truck.
(d) A deer.
14. With whom does Delores finally have a child?
(a) Dr. Dorin.
(b) Dr. Weinstein.
(c) Mr. Sebastian.
15. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
(b) Roy Rogers Cafeteria.
(d) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Walter's problem?
2. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
3. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
4. What did Michael remember hearing as a child from the open window in his room?
5. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)