|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daddy Garbage by John Edgar Wideman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
(a) You might catch something.
(b) You might get in trouble with the police.
(c) You might be seen.
(d) You might get stung by a bee.
2. What does Georgie hit when he is driving around with the narrator after their shifts?
(a) A truck.
(b) A pregnant rabbit.
(c) A cow.
(d) A deer.
3. What does the husband in Cathedral find disconcerting about Robert?
(a) Robert is only twenty years old.
(b) Robert is over seven feet tall.
(c) Robert is blind.
(d) Robert is a paraplegic.
4. What did Louise sneak out of the kitchen when she was a young child?
(a) Her mother's diet pills.
(b) Diet cola.
(c) Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Peanut butter sandwiches.
5. In Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta, where is the protagonist going when she first meets Lenny?
(a) To her AA meeting.
(b) To work.
(c) To the grocery.
(d) To the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator of Rules of the Game receive at the annual church Christmas party?
2. Where does the narrator of Lawns work?
3. What does the priest say to his mother when he sees her?
4. In the story Helping, what do both Elliot and Grace do for a living?
5. In Murderers, who runs the camp to which the narrator goes in New Jersey?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)