|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daddy Garbage by John Edgar Wideman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
(a) She is a second grade teacher.
(b) She is a math tutor.
(c) She is a tutor for remedial reading students.
(d) She is a school counselor.
2. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
3. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
(a) How to do it, and how to get out of the way.
(b) Why not to do it.
(c) How to do it, and how to catch it.
(d) Why good girls do not do it.
4. In the story Lawns, how does the narrator identify herself in the first sentence of the story?
(a) She blackmails.
(b) She lies.
(c) She kills.
(d) She steals.
5. Who are Evie and Lydia?
(a) Margaret's sisters.
(b) Margaret's granddaughters.
(c) Margaret's daughters.
(d) Margaret's best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
2. Who does the narrator of Lawns fall in love with the second time she sees him?
3. Who does Connie meet in the drive-in restaurant at night?
4. In The First Day, what does the mother say when she finds her daughter cannot attend Seaton?
5. What do the two men who come to visit Gunther leave with him as they go?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)