|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daddy Garbage by John Edgar Wideman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lawns, how does the narrator describe her mother?
(a) "Ms. Everything-will-be-alright."
(b) "Ms. I'm-going-to-be-perfect."
(c) "Ms. America."
(d) "Ms. I-know-everything-and-you-don't."
2. Who are Louise's two girl friends in high school?
(a) Joan and Harriet.
(b) Jessica and Marie.
(c) Jean and Melanie.
(d) Joan and Marjorie.
3. In Murderers, what music could the boys hear from their vantage point?
(b) A symphony.
(c) A rumba.
(d) Rock music.
4. Why is Grace angry with Elliot throughout the story?
(a) Elliot is drinking again.
(b) Elliot is stealing drugs.
(c) Elliot has invited his uncle to live with them.
(d) Elliot is having an affair.
5. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
(a) You might get stung by a bee.
(b) You might catch something.
(c) You might be seen.
(d) You might get in trouble with the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
2. Who are Evie and Lydia?
3. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
4. In the story The First Day, what time does the mother tell her daughter she will pick her up?
5. In Rules of the Game, who in the narrator's family received a chess set at the annual church Christmas party?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)