|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daddy Garbage by John Edgar Wideman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louise sneak out of the kitchen when she was a young child?
(a) Peanut butter sandwiches.
(b) Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
(c) Her mother's diet pills.
(d) Diet cola.
2. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
(a) She is a school counselor.
(b) She is a math tutor.
(c) She is a tutor for remedial reading students.
(d) She is a second grade teacher.
3. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
(b) The Beatles.
(c) The Sound of Music.
(d) Phantom of the Opera.
4. In Lawns, what room has the narrator reserved at the hotel?
(a) The Penthouse.
(b) The Washington Room.
(c) The Annex Room.
(d) The Bridal Suite.
5. In River of Names, what is the narrator certain she does not want to do?
(a) Go back to college.
(b) Get married.
(c) Tell stories.
(d) Have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Louise's close friend in college?
2. In Rules of the Game, what magazine features an article about the narrator?
3. Why is Grace angry with Elliot throughout the story?
4. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
5. Where are the narrator and his passengers going in the story Rock Springs?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)