|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is telling the story of the first day?
(a) The mother looking back on taking her child to school.
(b) The teacher taking in a new student to her classroom.
(c) The narrator looking back on the first day of kindergarten.
(d) The narrator looking back on the first day of summer camp.
2. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(b) Her family.
(c) Her favorite books.
(d) Her first marriage.
3. In Departures, according to the young seminarian, for how long do Jesuits meditate each day?
(a) An hour.
(b) They do not meditate.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
4. What does the mother in The First Day ask for help in doing?
(a) Filling out registration forms.
(b) Locating the bathrooms.
(c) Locating the lunchroom.
(d) Finding the bookstore.
5. In the story Testimony of Pilot, what does Radcleve do to Quadberry?
(a) Trips him goign down the stairs.
(b) Throws a rock in his face.
(c) Beats him up.
(d) Throws a lit firecracker in his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Minor Heroism, where in the house does Bryan sit and draw his pictures?
2. Who is Louise's close friend in college?
3. What do Connie and Arnold find they are both listening to on the radio at the same time?
4. In Cathedral, who is Robert?
5. When did Emily first meet Willi Varig?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)