|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the story The First Day take place?
(a) In September at the start of the school year.
(b) In mid-winter at the start of the new school term.
(c) In January at the start of the new year.
(d) In early summer at the start of summer camp.
2. What can the boys in Murderers see from their perch on the water tank?
(a) The Miracle Mile.
(b) MIchigan Avenue.
(c) The New Jersey Turnpike.
(d) The Brooklyn Navy Yard.
3. In River of Names, what does the narrator's lover accuse her of?
(a) An interest in other families.
(b) Being unfaithful.
(c) A poor attitude toward marriage.
(d) A fascination with violence.
4. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
(a) Read the Sunday paper.
(b) Go to a museum.
(c) Take a long walk.
(d) Return home.
5. What instrument does Quadberry in Testimony of Pilot play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The drums.
(c) The clarinet.
(d) The saxophone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Arnold's car?
2. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
3. How does the protagonist in Tall Tales from the Mekong Deltareact when Lenny shows up at her house unannounced?
4. How old is the new county school teacher in Wickedness?
5. What does the priest say to his mother when he sees her?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)