|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Chopin in Winter, who is the first person in Mrs. Kubiac's family to graduate from high school and attend college?
(a) Her son Matthew.
(b) Her daughter Marcy.
(c) Her daughter Marion.
(d) Her son Martin.
2. What instrument does Quadberry in Testimony of Pilot play?
(a) The saxophone.
(b) The clarinet.
(c) The drums.
(d) The violin.
3. Where does the narrator, Cheryl and Edna spend the night when their car breaks down?
(a) A Marriott.
(b) A Ramada.
(c) A Super 8.
(d) A Day's Inn.
4. What happens to Quadberry in the VIetnam war?
(a) He is injured in a car crash.
(b) He is injured flying a combat jet.
(c) He is injured by a bomb.
(d) He is injured in a tank explosion.
5. Who are Louise's two girl friends in high school?
(a) Joan and Marjorie.
(b) Joan and Harriet.
(c) Jessica and Marie.
(d) Jean and Melanie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Testimony of Pilot, who is Lillian?
2. Who dies on the day of the narrator's story in Murderers?
3. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
4. In the story Wickedness, where does Ainslie Classen find shelter in the blizzard?
5. In Minor Heroism, who is posing in the famous picture with the narrator's father?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)