|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
(a) He tells his father to throw it away.
(b) He tells his father to give it back to him.
(c) He tells his father to keep it.
(d) He tells his father to put it up on the wall.
2. What do Michael and Delores first find they have in common?
(a) They both have cats.
(b) They both were married twice before.
(c) They both own guns.
(d) They both loved Italian food.
3. In The Things They Carried, what are some of things the soldiers carry for personal use?
(a) Safety pins, pith helmets, rubber boots, and clean underwear.
(b) Radios, batteries, alarm clocks and hats.
(c) Socks, shoes and fresh clothing.
(d) Paper and pens, spools of wire, and nail clippers.
4. When does the story The First Day take place?
(a) In January at the start of the new year.
(b) In mid-winter at the start of the new school term.
(c) In early summer at the start of summer camp.
(d) In September at the start of the school year.
5. Who does Georgie pick up hitchhiking on the side of the road?
(a) A young man AWOL from the army trying to get to Canada.
(b) A young woman escaping a horrible husband.
(c) A young woman who has been shot.
(d) A young man running from the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Neil Young song does Georgie sing as he preps Mr. Weber?
2. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
3. In River of Names, who is the narrator's lover?
4. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
5. What two children are left at the school house with the teacher during the blizzard?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)