|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show does Robert and his hosts end up watching on television?
(a) A show about automobiles.
(b) A show about dog training.
(c) A show about cathedrals.
(d) A show about boating.
2. In the story White Horse, who arrives in the light green Mercedes to help the horse?
(a) A vet.
(b) A doctor.
(c) No one.
(d) A businessman.
3. What did Michael remember hearing as a child from the open window in his room?
(a) The Kubiacs fighting.
(b) The discussions in the Kubiac's apartment.
(c) His parents singing.
(d) The sound of the traffic on the street.
4. In the story Murderers, what does Melvin Bloom tell the boys on the corner one summer afternoon?
(a) The donut shop is giving away donuts.
(b) The rabbi is home with his wife.
(c) There is a craps game in the alley.
(d) Marsha Bernstein is walking toward them.
5. What unusual injury befalls Terrence Weber in Emergency?
(a) His wife stabs him in the eye.
(b) His wife stabs him in the stomach.
(c) His wife stabs him in the leg.
(d) His wife stabs him in the heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In All the Way in Flagstaff, what does William want to do when he grows up?
2. What does the priest say to his mother when he sees her?
3. In River of Names, who is the narrator's lover?
4. What happens to Quadberry in the VIetnam war?
5. What does Lenny in Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta give the protagonist before he leaves?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)