|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
(a) Okra smells bad.
(b) Okra trees harbor red ants.
(c) Okra attracts deer.
(d) Okra has deep roots.
2. Where does Hattie Benedict move after the blizzard?
(a) Raleigh, North Carolina.
(b) Sarasota, Florida.
(c) Seattle, Washington
(d) Oakland, California.
3. What color is Arnold's car?
4. In Testimony of Pilot, who is Lillian?
(a) Quadberry's girlfriend.
(b) Radcleve's sister.
(c) The narrator's mother.
(d) A girl the narrator of the story has a crush on in college.
5. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
2. In River of Names, who is the narrator's lover?
3. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
4. In Murderers, who runs the camp to which the narrator goes in New Jersey?
5. In The Things They Carried, how does Ted Lavendar die?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)