|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Gunther and the narrator show up at Otis and Luke's' house?
(a) To repair the washing machine.
(b) To repair the broken stove.
(c) To repair the broken windows.
(d) To repair the three broken toilets.
2. In River of Names, what does the narrator's lover accuse her of?
(a) Being unfaithful.
(b) A fascination with violence.
(c) A poor attitude toward marriage.
(d) An interest in other families.
3. Whose music does Dzia-Dzia hear while he sits at the other end of the kitchen table from Michael?
(a) Piano music.
(b) Harp music.
(c) Fiddle music.
(d) Rock music.
4. In The Things They Carried, what are some of things the soldiers carry for personal use?
(a) Socks, shoes and fresh clothing.
(b) Paper and pens, spools of wire, and nail clippers.
(c) Safety pins, pith helmets, rubber boots, and clean underwear.
(d) Radios, batteries, alarm clocks and hats.
5. In Departures, according to the young seminarian, for how long do Jesuits meditate each day?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) They do not meditate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Things They Carried, what does First Lieutenant Jimmy Cross carry with him in Vietnam?
2. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
3. What instrument does Quadberry in Testimony of Pilot play?
4. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
5. In Talk of Heroes, Who is Willi Varig?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)