|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day by Edward P. Jones.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nick and Karen do on Sundays?
(a) They drove to the country.
(b) They jogged or practiced basketball.
(c) They slept late and read the paper all afternoon.
(d) They jogged or worked out in a gym.
2. What is the young girl carrying with her on the first day?
(a) A purse, a lunchbox, and a brush.
(b) A lunchbox, a jacket, and a notebook.
(c) A pencil, a pencil sharpener, and a small composition notebook.
(d) A cot, a blanket, and a notebook.
3. Who is Dzia-Dzia?
(a) Michael's grandfather.
(b) Michael's mother.
(c) Michael's uncle.
(d) Michael's sister.
4. Where do Irene and the children move when they leave Flagstaff?
(a) Miami, Florida.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
5. What Neil Young song does Georgie sing as he preps Mr. Weber?
(a) Sail Away.
(b) Cowgirl in the Sand.
(c) Southern Man.
(d) Cinnamon Girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two children are left at the school house with the teacher during the blizzard?
2. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
3. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
4. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
5. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)