|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day by Edward P. Jones.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgie hit when he is driving around with the narrator after their shifts?
(a) A pregnant rabbit.
(b) A truck.
(c) A deer.
(d) A cow.
2. In River of Names, who is the narrator's lover?
3. In the story Emergency, how long has the narrator been working in the emergency room when his story begins?
(a) About three weeks.
(b) About six months.
(c) About a year.
(d) About three months.
4. Who is telling the story of the first day?
(a) The narrator looking back on the first day of kindergarten.
(b) The mother looking back on taking her child to school.
(c) The teacher taking in a new student to her classroom.
(d) The narrator looking back on the first day of summer camp.
5. When does the story The First Day take place?
(a) In early summer at the start of summer camp.
(b) In mid-winter at the start of the new school term.
(c) In September at the start of the school year.
(d) In January at the start of the new year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Louise's close friend in college?
2. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
3. In Minor Heroism, what happens between father and son one New Year's Eve that shocks the father?
4. What is the young girl carrying with her on the first day?
5. What do Robert and the husband end up doing at the end of the television show?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)