|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day by Edward P. Jones.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual injury befalls Terrence Weber in Emergency?
(a) His wife stabs him in the heart.
(b) His wife stabs him in the stomach.
(c) His wife stabs him in the eye.
(d) His wife stabs him in the leg.
2. In Talk of Heroes, Who is Willi Varig?
(a) Emily's husband.
(b) A famous Norwegian war hero.
(c) A Vietnam veteran.
(d) The director of the church.
3. When does the story Wickedness take place?
(a) In the late nineteenth century.
(b) In the late eighteenth century.
(c) In the early twentieth century.
(d) In the mid twentieth century.
4. Who is telling the story of the first day?
(a) The teacher taking in a new student to her classroom.
(b) The narrator looking back on the first day of kindergarten.
(c) The mother looking back on taking her child to school.
(d) The narrator looking back on the first day of summer camp.
5. What is Michael working on when he sits at the kitchen table in the evenings?
(a) His penmanship.
(b) His art.
(c) His science.
(d) His math.
Short Answer Questions
1. In River of Names, what does the narrator's lover accuse her of?
2. Who is Louise's close friend in college?
3. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
4. What does Lenny in Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta give the protagonist before he leaves?
5. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)