|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day by Edward P. Jones.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In River of Names, what does the narrator's lover accuse her of?
(a) Being unfaithful.
(b) An interest in other families.
(c) A fascination with violence.
(d) A poor attitude toward marriage.
2. Where does Hattie Benedict and the two children find shelter during the blizzard?
(a) In a haystack.
(b) In a pig sty.
(c) In an automobile.
(d) In a wooden house.
3. Who does Louise marry when she is thin?
4. When does the story The First Day take place?
(a) In mid-winter at the start of the new school term.
(b) In early summer at the start of summer camp.
(c) In January at the start of the new year.
(d) In September at the start of the school year.
5. What does Lenny in Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta give the protagonist before he leaves?
(a) A box of Swiss chocolates.
(b) A new car.
(c) A drink and a cigarette.
(d) A diamond bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
2. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
3. What did Michael remember hearing as a child from the open window in his room?
4. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
5. What does Georgie hit when he is driving around with the narrator after their shifts?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)