|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day by Edward P. Jones.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes deaf playing drums in a band in the story Testimony of Pilot?
(a) The narrator's younger brother.
(b) Lillian's brother.
(d) The narrator of the story.
2. What is Walter's problem?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He is dying of cancer.
(d) He is losing his memory.
3. What Neil Young song does Georgie sing as he preps Mr. Weber?
(a) Sail Away.
(b) Cowgirl in the Sand.
(c) Cinnamon Girl.
(d) Southern Man.
4. What does Robert call the husband?
5. What does the husband in Cathedral find disconcerting about Robert?
(a) Robert is over seven feet tall.
(b) Robert is only twenty years old.
(c) Robert is blind.
(d) Robert is a paraplegic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What show does Robert and his hosts end up watching on television?
2. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
3. What does the father in the story Minor Heroism do for a living?
4. What color was the vintage Thunderbird?
5. In River of Names, what does the narrator's lover accuse her of?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)