|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day by Edward P. Jones.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Chopin in Winter, who is the first person in Mrs. Kubiac's family to graduate from high school and attend college?
(a) Her daughter Marcy.
(b) Her daughter Marion.
(c) Her son Matthew.
(d) Her son Martin.
2. In River of Names, what does the narrator's lover accuse her of?
(a) Being unfaithful.
(b) A poor attitude toward marriage.
(c) An interest in other families.
(d) A fascination with violence.
3. In River of Names, what is the narrator certain she does not want to do?
(a) Tell stories.
(b) Go back to college.
(c) Get married.
(d) Have children.
4. When did Emily first meet Willi Varig?
(a) In hgih school.
(b) Two years after they were married.
(c) Twenty years before the birth of their child.
(d) Ten years after WWII.
5. What did Louise sneak out of the kitchen when she was a young child?
(a) Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
(b) Peanut butter sandwiches.
(c) Diet cola.
(d) Her mother's diet pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the new county school teacher in Wickedness?
2. In the story Testimony of Pilot, what does Radcleve do to Quadberry?
3. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
4. What is the young girl carrying with her on the first day?
5. Who is Louise's close friend in college?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)