|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rock Springs by Richard Ford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Louise marry when she is thin?
2. What does the husband in Cathedral find disconcerting about Robert?
(a) Robert is over seven feet tall.
(b) Robert is blind.
(c) Robert is only twenty years old.
(d) Robert is a paraplegic.
3. What kind of car does the narrator of Rock Springs steal?
(a) A grey Continental.
(b) A black Cadillac.
(c) A cranberry Mercedes.
(d) A white Corvette.
4. In Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta, where is the protagonist going when she first meets Lenny?
(a) To work.
(b) To her AA meeting.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the grocery.
5. In the story Rock Springs, what animal does Edna win in a bet?
(a) A tarantula.
(b) A goat.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A spider monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Darling, what is Dolores Starr's unusual occupation?
2. Where does the narrator, Cheryl and Edna spend the night when their car breaks down?
3. What is Michael working on when he sits at the kitchen table in the evenings?
4. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
5. Who is Little Duke?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)