|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rock Springs by Richard Ford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator, Cheryl and Edna spend the night when their car breaks down?
(a) A Ramada.
(b) A Super 8.
(c) A Day's Inn.
(d) A Marriott.
2. Where are the narrator and his passengers going in the story Rock Springs?
(a) To Oregon.
(b) To Florida.
(c) To Connecticut.
(d) To Louisiana.
3. What is Walter's problem?
(a) He is dying of cancer.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He is losing his memory.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
4. In Cathedral, who is Robert?
(a) The wife's uncle.
(b) The wife's grandfather.
(c) The wife's blind friend.
(d) The wife's brother.
5. What does Lenny in Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta give the protagonist before he leaves?
(a) A diamond bracelet.
(b) A drink and a cigarette.
(c) A box of Swiss chocolates.
(d) A new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Chopin in Winter, who is the first person in Mrs. Kubiac's family to graduate from high school and attend college?
2. Who are Louise's two girl friends in high school?
3. What did Louise sneak out of the kitchen when she was a young child?
4. In River of Names, who is the narrator's lover?
5. Whose music does Dzia-Dzia hear while he sits at the other end of the kitchen table from Michael?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)