|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rock Springs by Richard Ford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Louise's two girl friends in high school?
(a) Joan and Harriet.
(b) Jean and Melanie.
(c) Joan and Marjorie.
(d) Jessica and Marie.
2. What does the husband in Cathedral find disconcerting about Robert?
(a) Robert is a paraplegic.
(b) Robert is only twenty years old.
(c) Robert is blind.
(d) Robert is over seven feet tall.
3. What did Louise sneak out of the kitchen when she was a young child?
(a) Her mother's diet pills.
(b) Peanut butter sandwiches.
(c) Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Diet cola.
4. In the story Chopin in Winter, who is the first person in Mrs. Kubiac's family to graduate from high school and attend college?
(a) Her daughter Marion.
(b) Her daughter Marcy.
(c) Her son Matthew.
(d) Her son Martin.
5. In River of Names, who is the narrator's lover?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator, Cheryl and Edna spend the night when their car breaks down?
2. In River of Names, what does the narrator's lover accuse her of?
3. What kind of car does the narrator of Rock Springs steal?
4. In The Fat Girl, what did Louise's mother start talking to her about when Louise was eight years old?
5. In River of Names, what is the narrator certain she does not want to do?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)