Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Murderers, who runs the camp to which the narrator goes in New Jersey?
(b) Marsha Bernstein's father.
(c) WWII veterans.
(d) Camp counselors.
2. Who does Louise marry when she is thin?
3. In Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta, where is the protagonist going when she first meets Lenny?
(a) To the grocery.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To her AA meeting.
(d) To work.
4. What is Walter's problem?
(a) He is losing his memory.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He is dying of cancer.
(d) He is having an affair.
5. Who is telling the story of the first day?
(a) The mother looking back on taking her child to school.
(b) The teacher taking in a new student to her classroom.
(c) The narrator looking back on the first day of kindergarten.
(d) The narrator looking back on the first day of summer camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lenny in Tall Tales from the Mekong Delta give the protagonist before he leaves?
2. What does the husband in Cathedral find disconcerting about Robert?
3. What instrument does Quadberry in Testimony of Pilot play?
4. With whom does Delores finally have a child?
5. In the story Emergency, how long has the narrator been working in the emergency room when his story begins?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)