|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lawns by Mona Simpson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ad Magic have in his mouth when the bus crashes?
(b) A horsehound lozenge.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A lollypop.
2. In Cathedral, who is Robert?
(a) The wife's grandfather.
(b) The wife's blind friend.
(c) The wife's brother.
(d) The wife's uncle.
3. In White Horse, who does the white horse belong to?
(a) He belongs to the restaurant owner.
(b) He is a retired circus horse.
(c) He wandered into town without an owner.
(d) He belongs to the bus driver.
4. What happens to Cody as he turns to go home from his nap on the rocks?
(a) He slips and slides toward the edge of the summit.
(b) He yells to G.R. and starts an avalanche.
(c) He slips and falls to the rocks below.
(d) He trips over a tree root and nearly falls.
5. Where do Gunther and the narrator meet in the morning?
(a) The Wonderland Diner.
(b) The Shrek Diner.
(c) The Peter Pan Diner.
(d) The Stubborn Spoon Diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert call the husband?
2. In the story Lawns, how does the narrator identify herself in the first sentence of the story?
3. In the story Emergency, how long has the narrator been working in the emergency room when his story begins?
4. In Testimony of Pilot, how does Lillian die?
5. In Talk of Heroes, Who is Willi Varig?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)