|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lawns by Mona Simpson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Minor Heroism, where in the house does Bryan sit and draw his pictures?
(a) On the living room table.
(b) At his father's desk.
(c) On the floor of his room.`
(d) At the dining room table.
2. Where are the narrator and his passengers going in the story Rock Springs?
(a) To Florida.
(b) To Oregon.
(c) To Louisiana.
(d) To Connecticut.
3. What does the older son in Minor Heroism do for a living?
(a) He is a college professor.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is an attorney.
(d) He is a school teacher.
4. Who does Louise marry when she is thin?
5. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
(a) Okra smells bad.
(b) Okra has deep roots.
(c) Okra attracts deer.
(d) Okra trees harbor red ants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
2. In Cathedral, who is Robert?
3. How does Charles Bad Holy MacLeod die?
4. What do both Cody and his partner drink on Sunday mornings?
5. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)