|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lawns by Mona Simpson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Louise marry when she is thin?
2. What do Nick and Karen do on Sundays?
(a) They drove to the country.
(b) They slept late and read the paper all afternoon.
(c) They jogged or worked out in a gym.
(d) They jogged or practiced basketball.
3. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
(a) They drink until they pass out.
(b) They take a nap in the sun.
(c) They go diving in the swimming pool.
(d) They make their plan for their movie.
4. Who are Louise's two girl friends in high school?
(a) Jessica and Marie.
(b) Joan and Marjorie.
(c) Joan and Harriet.
(d) Jean and Melanie.
5. In White Horse, who does the white horse belong to?
(a) He belongs to the bus driver.
(b) He belongs to the restaurant owner.
(c) He wandered into town without an owner.
(d) He is a retired circus horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Fat Girl, what did Louise's mother start talking to her about when Louise was eight years old?
2. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
3. Where does the narrator of Lawns work?
4. What do Connie and Arnold find they are both listening to on the radio at the same time?
5. In what condition does Varig arrive at Tusend Hjem on the night of the meeting?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)