|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lawns by Mona Simpson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Moonwalk, who is Margaret Many Wounds?
(a) A Native American woman who believes she lives on the moon.
(b) A Native American woman who runs a counseling center.
(c) A Native American woman whose son wants to walk on the moon.
(d) A Native American woman who is dying.
2. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always buy white bread.
(b) Always buy the largest loaf.
(c) Always buy warm bread.
(d) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
3. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
(a) They make their plan for their movie.
(b) They drink until they pass out.
(c) They take a nap in the sun.
(d) They go diving in the swimming pool.
4. What kind of epilepsy does Ad Magic have?
(a) Temporal-lobe epilepsy.
(b) Mild epilepsy.
(c) Congenital epilepsy.
(d) Grand mal epilepsy.
5. Why do Gunther and the narrator show up at Otis and Luke's' house?
(a) To repair the washing machine.
(b) To repair the broken stove.
(c) To repair the broken windows.
(d) To repair the three broken toilets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Talk of Heroes, Who is Willi Varig?
2. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
3. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
4. For the most part, what is one thing the narrator say determines what the soldiers carried with them?
5. Where does Margaret explain her grandmother's wedding dress is?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)