|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lawns by Mona Simpson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show does Robert and his hosts end up watching on television?
(a) A show about cathedrals.
(b) A show about boating.
(c) A show about dog training.
(d) A show about automobiles.
2. What do Gunther and the narrator do in the back yard when the men have left?
(a) They go diving in the swimming pool.
(b) They take a nap in the sun.
(c) They make their plan for their movie.
(d) They drink until they pass out.
3. In White Horse, who does the white horse belong to?
(a) He belongs to the restaurant owner.
(b) He is a retired circus horse.
(c) He wandered into town without an owner.
(d) He belongs to the bus driver.
4. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
(a) He tells his father to keep it.
(b) He tells his father to throw it away.
(c) He tells his father to give it back to him.
(d) He tells his father to put it up on the wall.
5. What do the two men who come to visit Gunther leave with him as they go?
(a) A check for good-faith money for the movie.
(b) Twenty thousand dollars in cash.
(c) Their Mercedes.
(d) Their standard poodle George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of Men Under Water do for a living?
2. Who is Louise's close friend in college?
3. How old is Connie in Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
4. As A Vintage Thunderbird opens, who are the people driving from Virginia to New York?
5. In the story Rock Springs, what animal does Edna win in a bet?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)