|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lawns by Mona Simpson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Gunther and the narrator show up at Otis and Luke's' house?
(a) To repair the broken stove.
(b) To repair the broken windows.
(c) To repair the three broken toilets.
(d) To repair the washing machine.
2. What does the father in the story Minor Heroism do for a living?
(a) He is a desk sergeant.
(b) He is a used car dealer.
(c) He is an insurance salesman.
(d) He is an attorney.
3. Where does Margaret explain her grandmother's wedding dress is?
(a) The Walker Art Museum in Minneapolis.
(b) The Metropolitan Museum in New York.
(c) The Field Museum in Chicago.
(d) The St. Louis Art Museum.
4. In Testimony of Pilot, who is Lillian?
(a) The narrator's mother.
(b) Quadberry's girlfriend.
(c) Radcleve's sister.
(d) A girl the narrator of the story has a crush on in college.
5. What do both Cody and his partner drink on Sunday mornings?
(a) Orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
2. What instrument does Quadberry in Testimony of Pilot play?
3. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
4. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
5. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)