|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lawns by Mona Simpson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of Men Under Water do for a living?
(a) He is poet.
(b) He is an actor.
(c) He is an experienced playwriter.
(d) He is a handyman and general helper.
2. What does Lieutenant Jimmy Cross and his men do after Lavender is taken away by the chopper?
(a) They recruit the men from Than Khe.
(b) They evacuate women and children from Than Khe.
(c) They leave Lavender's belongings in Than Khe.
(d) They burns down Than Khe.
3. What did Louise sneak out of the kitchen when she was a young child?
(a) Peanut butter sandwiches.
(b) Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
(c) Diet cola.
(d) Her mother's diet pills.
4. What do both Cody and his partner drink on Sunday mornings?
(d) Orange juice.
5. As A Vintage Thunderbird opens, who are the people driving from Virginia to New York?
(a) Mick and Susan.
(b) Nick and Karen.
(c) Mick and Karen.
(d) Nick and Lauren.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Georgie pick up hitchhiking on the side of the road?
2. Where does the narrator, Cheryl and Edna spend the night when their car breaks down?
3. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
4. In The Things They Carried, what does First Lieutenant Jimmy Cross carry with him in Vietnam?
5. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)