|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lawns by Mona Simpson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Acid Rain?
(a) A rock band who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(b) A group of college students who rent Gunther's apartment.
(c) An actress who rents one of Gunther's houses.
(d) A environmental awareness club.
2. In Testimony of Pilot, how does Lillian die?
(a) She contracts cancer and dies within a year.
(b) She dies in a car crash.
(c) A bomb explodes in a plane on which she is a stewardess.
(d) She is murdered in her apartment.
3. In the story Emergency, how long has the narrator been working in the emergency room when his story begins?
(a) About a year.
(b) About six months.
(c) About three weeks.
(d) About three months.
4. In White Horse, who does the white horse belong to?
(a) He wandered into town without an owner.
(b) He belongs to the restaurant owner.
(c) He is a retired circus horse.
(d) He belongs to the bus driver.
5. In The Things They Carried, what are some of things the soldiers carry for personal use?
(a) Safety pins, pith helmets, rubber boots, and clean underwear.
(b) Socks, shoes and fresh clothing.
(c) Radios, batteries, alarm clocks and hats.
(d) Paper and pens, spools of wire, and nail clippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of Men Under Water do for a living?
2. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
3. Who becomes deaf playing drums in a band in the story Testimony of Pilot?
4. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
5. Where does the narrator, Cheryl and Edna spend the night when their car breaks down?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)