|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Minor Heroism by Allan Gurganus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Minor Heroism, where in the house does Bryan sit and draw his pictures?
(a) On the floor of his room.`
(b) On the living room table.
(c) At his father's desk.
(d) At the dining room table.
2. In Talk of Heroes, Who is Willi Varig?
(a) Emily's husband.
(b) The director of the church.
(c) A Vietnam veteran.
(d) A famous Norwegian war hero.
3. What did Louise sneak out of the kitchen when she was a young child?
(a) Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
(b) Diet cola.
(c) Her mother's diet pills.
(d) Peanut butter sandwiches.
4. Who does Louise marry when she is thin?
5. In The Fat Girl, what did Louise's mother start talking to her about when Louise was eight years old?
(a) Watching her weight.
(b) Attending college.
(c) Attending high school.
(d) Her career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the older son in Minor Heroism do for a living?
2. In what condition does Varig arrive at Tusend Hjem on the night of the meeting?
3. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
4. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
5. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)