|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Minor Heroism by Allan Gurganus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Minor Heroism, who is posing in the famous picture with the narrator's father?
(a) Betty Grable.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) The Andrews Sisters.
2. In what condition does Varig arrive at Tusend Hjem on the night of the meeting?
(a) He is alone and afraid.
(b) He is unable to speak English.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is exhausted.
3. Where are the narrator and his passengers going in the story Rock Springs?
(a) To Connecticut.
(b) To Oregon.
(c) To Florida.
(d) To Louisiana.
4. In Minor Heroism, what happens between father and son one New Year's Eve that shocks the father?
(a) In frsutration the father called his son names.
(b) His son knocked him to the ground.
(c) In anger the father hit his son.
(d) His son told him he was getting married.
5. Who is Little Duke?
(a) Edna's uncle.
(b) The narrator's daughter's dog.
(c) A stray cat.
(d) The name of the restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
2. What color was the vintage Thunderbird?
3. What does the husband in Cathedral find disconcerting about Robert?
4. What does Louise have hidden in the back of her closet behind her stuffed animals?
5. In the story Rock Springs, what animal does Edna win in a bet?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)