|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Minor Heroism by Allan Gurganus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Fat Girl, what did Louise's mother start talking to her about when Louise was eight years old?
(a) Attending high school.
(b) Watching her weight.
(c) Attending college.
(d) Her career.
2. In Talk of Heroes, Who is Willi Varig?
(a) A famous Norwegian war hero.
(b) A Vietnam veteran.
(c) The director of the church.
(d) Emily's husband.
3. In what condition does Varig arrive at Tusend Hjem on the night of the meeting?
(a) He is exhausted.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is alone and afraid.
(d) He is unable to speak English.
4. What do Nick and Karen do on Sundays?
(a) They jogged or worked out in a gym.
(b) They jogged or practiced basketball.
(c) They drove to the country.
(d) They slept late and read the paper all afternoon.
5. What does Bryan tell his father to do with the picture he has drawn?
(a) He tells his father to throw it away.
(b) He tells his father to put it up on the wall.
(c) He tells his father to keep it.
(d) He tells his father to give it back to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the narrator and his passengers going in the story Rock Springs?
2. What color was the vintage Thunderbird?
3. What kind of car does the narrator of Rock Springs steal?
4. In Rock Springs, what is the narrator's daughter's name?
5. In Minor Heroism, where in the house does Bryan sit and draw his pictures?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)