|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
2. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The public library in the next town.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
(d) The movies.
4. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
(a) At a B and B.
(b) In a Marriott Hotel.
(c) At a friend of hers.
(d) In his grandmother's deserted apartment.
5. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
(a) She is a math tutor.
(b) She is a school counselor.
(c) She is a tutor for remedial reading students.
(d) She is a second grade teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
2. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
3. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
4. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
5. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)