|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always buy the largest loaf.
(b) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
(c) Always buy warm bread.
(d) Always buy white bread.
2. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
(a) Eat alone so as to have some quiet time.
(b) Eat so that you get the most food.
(c) Eat so that no one around you is disgusted.
(d) Eat quickly so as to resume your duties.
3. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
(a) Her father asked her to come take care of her mother.
(b) Her mother is dying of Parkinson's disease.
(c) Her sister called her and told her to go visit their mother.
(d) She ran out of money and was not in love with anyone.
4. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
5. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The public library in the next town.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The movies.
(d) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
2. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
3. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
4. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
5. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)