|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
(a) Okra smells bad.
(b) Okra attracts deer.
(c) Okra trees harbor red ants.
(d) Okra has deep roots.
2. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The public library in the next town.
(c) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
(d) The movies.
3. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
(a) At a friend of hers.
(b) At a B and B.
(c) In his grandmother's deserted apartment.
(d) In a Marriott Hotel.
4. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
(a) Phantom of the Opera.
(c) The Sound of Music.
(d) The Beatles.
5. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because of his deformity.
(b) Because he is very hairy.
(c) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(d) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
2. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
3. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
4. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
5. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)