|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
(a) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
(d) Roy Rogers Cafeteria.
2. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
(a) Her sister called her and told her to go visit their mother.
(b) Her mother is dying of Parkinson's disease.
(c) Her father asked her to come take care of her mother.
(d) She ran out of money and was not in love with anyone.
3. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
4. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The public library in the next town.
(b) The movies.
(c) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
(d) The grocery store.
5. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
(a) How to do it, and how to get out of the way.
(b) How to do it, and how to catch it.
(c) Why good girls do not do it.
(d) Why not to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
2. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
3. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
4. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
5. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)