|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
(a) To mountain climb.
(b) To ride bikes.
(c) To go to museums.
(d) To pick up the man's wife's car.
2. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because he is very hairy.
(b) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(c) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(d) Because of his deformity.
3. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
4. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
(b) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
(d) Roy Rogers Cafeteria.
5. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) Phantom of the Opera.
(d) The Beatles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
2. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
3. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
4. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
5. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)