|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
2. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
(a) She is a math tutor.
(b) She is a tutor for remedial reading students.
(c) She is a second grade teacher.
(d) She is a school counselor.
3. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
(a) Eat so that no one around you is disgusted.
(b) Eat alone so as to have some quiet time.
(c) Eat so that you get the most food.
(d) Eat quickly so as to resume your duties.
4. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
5. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
(a) Okra smells bad.
(b) Okra trees harbor red ants.
(c) Okra has deep roots.
(d) Okra attracts deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
2. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
3. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
4. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
5. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)