|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
(a) You might get stung by a bee.
(b) You might be seen.
(c) You might catch something.
(d) You might get in trouble with the police.
2. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
(a) At a friend of hers.
(b) In a Marriott Hotel.
(c) In his grandmother's deserted apartment.
(d) At a B and B.
3. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
4. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The public library in the next town.
(d) The movies.
5. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always buy the largest loaf.
(b) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
(c) Always buy white bread.
(d) Always buy warm bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
2. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
3. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
4. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
5. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)