|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
(a) In his grandmother's deserted apartment.
(b) At a B and B.
(c) At a friend of hers.
(d) In a Marriott Hotel.
2. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(a) Her first marriage.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her favorite books.
3. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
(a) Why good girls do not do it.
(b) How to do it, and how to catch it.
(c) How to do it, and how to get out of the way.
(d) Why not to do it.
4. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
5. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(b) Because of his deformity.
(c) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(d) Because he is very hairy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
2. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
3. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
4. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
5. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)