|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
(a) Phantom of the Opera.
(b) The Sound of Music.
(d) The Beatles.
2. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
(a) Eat so that you get the most food.
(b) Eat quickly so as to resume your duties.
(c) Eat so that no one around you is disgusted.
(d) Eat alone so as to have some quiet time.
3. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
(a) In a Marriott Hotel.
(b) At a B and B.
(c) At a friend of hers.
(d) In his grandmother's deserted apartment.
4. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Washington, D.C.
5. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
(a) Okra has deep roots.
(b) Okra smells bad.
(c) Okra attracts deer.
(d) Okra trees harbor red ants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
2. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
3. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
4. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
5. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)