|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
(a) Eat quickly so as to resume your duties.
(b) Eat so that you get the most food.
(c) Eat alone so as to have some quiet time.
(d) Eat so that no one around you is disgusted.
2. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
3. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
(a) You might get stung by a bee.
(b) You might be seen.
(c) You might catch something.
(d) You might get in trouble with the police.
4. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(a) Her family.
(c) Her favorite books.
(d) Her first marriage.
5. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
(a) To mountain climb.
(b) To pick up the man's wife's car.
(c) To ride bikes.
(d) To go to museums.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
2. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
3. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
4. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
5. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)