|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
2. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The movies.
(b) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The public library in the next town.
3. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
(b) Always buy white bread.
(c) Always buy warm bread.
(d) Always buy the largest loaf.
4. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
(a) Eat so that no one around you is disgusted.
(b) Eat alone so as to have some quiet time.
(c) Eat so that you get the most food.
(d) Eat quickly so as to resume your duties.
5. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
(a) You might be seen.
(b) You might get in trouble with the police.
(c) You might get stung by a bee.
(d) You might catch something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
2. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
3. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
4. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
5. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)