|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
(a) Her father asked her to come take care of her mother.
(b) Her sister called her and told her to go visit their mother.
(c) She ran out of money and was not in love with anyone.
(d) Her mother is dying of Parkinson's disease.
2. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
(b) Always buy warm bread.
(c) Always buy white bread.
(d) Always buy the largest loaf.
3. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
4. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
(a) Read the Sunday paper.
(b) Return home.
(c) Take a long walk.
(d) Go to a museum.
5. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The movies.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The public library in the next town.
(d) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
2. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
3. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
4. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
5. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)