|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
2. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
3. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
(a) In his grandmother's deserted apartment.
(b) At a friend of hers.
(c) At a B and B.
(d) In a Marriott Hotel.
4. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always buy white bread.
(b) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
(c) Always buy the largest loaf.
(d) Always buy warm bread.
5. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
(a) Okra trees harbor red ants.
(b) Okra has deep roots.
(c) Okra smells bad.
(d) Okra attracts deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
2. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
3. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
4. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
5. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)