|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because of his deformity.
(b) Because he is very hairy.
(c) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(d) Because he believes it is bad luck.
2. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
(a) She is a tutor for remedial reading students.
(b) She is a second grade teacher.
(c) She is a school counselor.
(d) She is a math tutor.
3. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
(a) Okra trees harbor red ants.
(b) Okra has deep roots.
(c) Okra attracts deer.
(d) Okra smells bad.
4. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
5. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(a) Her favorite books.
(b) Her first marriage.
(c) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
2. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
3. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
4. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
5. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)