|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
(a) Take a long walk.
(b) Go to a museum.
(c) Read the Sunday paper.
(d) Return home.
2. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
(a) To mountain climb.
(b) To go to museums.
(c) To pick up the man's wife's car.
(d) To ride bikes.
3. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(b) Because of his deformity.
(c) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(d) Because he is very hairy.
4. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
5. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
(b) Always buy the largest loaf.
(c) Always buy white bread.
(d) Always buy warm bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
2. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
3. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
4. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
5. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)