|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because of his deformity.
(b) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(c) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(d) Because he is very hairy.
2. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
(c) Roy Rogers Cafeteria.
(d) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
3. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
4. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(a) Her first marriage.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her favorite books.
5. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
2. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
3. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
4. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
5. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)