|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
(b) Roy Rogers Cafeteria.
(c) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
2. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
(a) At a friend of hers.
(b) In his grandmother's deserted apartment.
(c) In a Marriott Hotel.
(d) At a B and B.
3. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
(a) She ran out of money and was not in love with anyone.
(b) Her father asked her to come take care of her mother.
(c) Her mother is dying of Parkinson's disease.
(d) Her sister called her and told her to go visit their mother.
4. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
(b) The Sound of Music.
(c) Phantom of the Opera.
(d) The Beatles.
5. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always buy warm bread.
(b) Always buy white bread.
(c) Always buy the largest loaf.
(d) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
2. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
3. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
4. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
5. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)