|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(b) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(c) Because of his deformity.
(d) Because he is very hairy.
2. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The public library in the next town.
(c) The movies.
(d) The Veterans of Foreign Wars rummage sales.
3. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
(a) Always buy white bread.
(b) Always squeeze it so you know it is fresh.
(c) Always buy warm bread.
(d) Always buy the largest loaf.
4. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(a) Her first marriage.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her favorite books.
5. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
(a) To ride bikes.
(b) To mountain climb.
(c) To go to museums.
(d) To pick up the man's wife's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
2. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
3. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
4. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
5. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)