|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
(a) She ran out of money and was not in love with anyone.
(b) Her mother is dying of Parkinson's disease.
(c) Her sister called her and told her to go visit their mother.
(d) Her father asked her to come take care of her mother.
2. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(a) Her favorite books.
(c) Her first marriage.
(d) Her family.
3. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
(a) She is a math tutor.
(b) She is a school counselor.
(c) She is a second grade teacher.
(d) She is a tutor for remedial reading students.
4. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
(a) Because of his deformity.
(b) Because of his wounds from Vietnam.
(c) Because he believes it is bad luck.
(d) Because he is very hairy.
5. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
(a) How to do it, and how to catch it.
(b) How to do it, and how to get out of the way.
(c) Why good girls do not do it.
(d) Why not to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
2. What advise does the speaker in Girl give about bread?
3. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
4. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
5. Where does the narrator of the story Home go on Saturdays?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)