|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
(a) You might get in trouble with the police.
(b) You might be seen.
(c) You might catch something.
(d) You might get stung by a bee.
2. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
(a) She is a math tutor.
(b) She is a tutor for remedial reading students.
(c) She is a school counselor.
(d) She is a second grade teacher.
3. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
4. In A Romantic Weekend, what does the woman want to talk about after dinner?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her favorite books.
(d) Her first marriage.
5. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
2. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
3. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
4. What instructions does the speaker give in The Girl about eating?
5. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)