|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person do both the narrator and her mother of Home think about simultaneously?
2. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
(b) The Sound of Music.
(c) Phantom of the Opera.
(d) The Beatles.
3. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
(c) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
(d) Roy Rogers Cafeteria.
5. What does the narrator of the story Home do for a living while she is living with her mother?
(a) She is a tutor for remedial reading students.
(b) She is a school counselor.
(c) She is a math tutor.
(d) She is a second grade teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker in Girl teach about spitting up in the air?
2. In the story The Girl, why does the speaker suggest growing okra far away from the house?
3. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
4. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
5. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)