|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home by Jayne Anne Phillips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Home, what record does the narrator buy for her mother to enjoy?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) Phantom of the Opera.
(d) The Beatles.
2. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where does the couple go for dinner on their weekend?
(a) Roy Rogers Cafeteria.
(b) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
3. Why is the couple in A Romantic Weekend going away for the weekend?
(a) To mountain climb.
(b) To ride bikes.
(c) To go to museums.
(d) To pick up the man's wife's car.
4. In the story A Romantic Weekend, where is the couple in the story going for the weekend?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Washington, D.C.
5. In the story Girl, why does the speaker say not to pick other people's flowers?
(a) You might catch something.
(b) You might get in trouble with the police.
(c) You might be seen.
(d) You might get stung by a bee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the couple stay for the weekend in A Romantic Weekend?
2. In Home, why does Daniel not want the narrator to see his back?
3. In the story Girl, on what day does the speaker tell the girl to wash clothes?
4. In the story Home, why does the narrator come home to live with her mother?
5. What does the couple decide to do after their first night together on their romantic weekend?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)