|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leif names the second land that he and his crew land on after a natural resource on it. What resource is this?
(a) A fresh water spring.
(b) The woods.
(c) Wide grasslands.
2. Who does Bjarni travel to see "some time later" after sighting the land to the west?
(a) Freydis, Eirik's daughter.
(b) Earl Eirik in Norway.
(c) The Thorsness Assembly.
(d) Eirik the Red.
3. What was the land like that Thorvald and his men see to the west?
(a) Attractive and forested.
(b) All of the above.
(d) White sandy beaches and many islands.
4. What does Gudrid see that no one else sees?
(a) A chestnut haired woman in a close fitting tunic.
(b) More natives gathering in the distance.
(c) The ghost of her husband Thorstein.
(d) A vision into the future.
5. Which of the following best describes the sentiment between Freydis and the brothers in Vinland?
(a) General ill will.
(b) Distrust and fear.
(c) Business and formality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aud do to the men that she brings to Iceland?
2. What does Tyrkir find?
3. What does Freydis ask of one of the brothers?
4. Who is Freydis?
5. Where do Thorvald and his men moor the boat and wander on shore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between the natives and Thorvald and his crew? Describe the encounter.
2. Explain what happened to Aud's husband and son.
3. What does the prophecy told to Gudrid tell her about her future?
4. Explain why Eirik chose the name Greenland.
5. Explain the entire affair of Eirik and the bench-boards.
6. How do Leif and his men find grapes? Describe the incident.
7. Who is Thorir and what happens to him?
8. Where do Karlsefni and Gudrid travel? What becomes of them?
9. Explain who Aud brings to Iceland with her, who they were, and what happened once they arrived in Iceland.
10. What does the saga of Gudrid's Ancestry tell us about Aud's faith and what she does to practice it?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)