|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the prophecy, where will Gudrid go on pilgrimage?
(a) Thorvald's grave.
2. Where do the men bury Thorvald?
(a) At sea.
(b) At the houses that Leif built.
(c) Krossaness, the place he thought suitable for a home.
(d) In Greenland.
3. What is Aud's full title?
(a) Aud the Deep Minded.
(b) Aud the Red.
(c) Aud the White.
(d) Aud the Beautiful.
4. What is Iceland like when Eirik the Red arrives there?
(a) Occupied by enemies.
(b) Already well settled.
(d) A shipping port.
5. What was the land like that Thorvald and his men see to the west?
(a) All of the above.
(c) White sandy beaches and many islands.
(d) Attractive and forested.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bjarni spend the rest of his days?
2. What is the result of the trouble the slaves started?
3. What happens to Tyrkir?
4. Who is Karlsefni?
5. What happens between Thorgest and Eirik when Eirik returns to Iceland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Karlsefni and Gudrid travel? What becomes of them?
2. Why was Bjarni determined to reach Greenland? What did he do there when he did?
3. Describe the land that Thorvald and his men reported seeing all up and down the coast.
4. What does Eirik do when he reaches Greenland? How long?
5. What circumstances caused Eirik the Red to leave Iceland?
6. Describe the circumstances of Bjarni's discovery of new lands to the west.
7. What does the prophecy told to Gudrid tell her about her future?
8. What does the saga of Gudrid's Ancestry tell us about Aud's faith and what she does to practice it?
9. What do we know about the emigration from Iceland to Greenland?
10. Describe the events surrounding Thorstein's death.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)