|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Eirik requests his possessions back from Thorgest?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Two of Thorgest's sons and several other men were killed.
(c) Eirik went to get them when they were not returned.
(d) A fight broke out.
2. Who tries to join Leif Eiriksson in his journey but was injured at the last moment?
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) A Christian missionary.
3. What do Eirik's slaves do that caused problems?
(a) Steal sheep.
(b) Proposition the neighbor's daughter.
(c) Threaten passerbys.
(d) Start a landslide.
4. Where do Thorstein and his men first land on their trip?
(a) The island Markland.
(b) Lysufjord on Greenland.
(c) At Thorvald's grave.
(d) The houses that Leif built.
5. What do Leif and his crew do when their ship becomes grounded at low tide near the shore of a new land?
(a) Dig a trench to float the boat.
(b) Observe the land from a distance until high tide returned.
(c) Impatiently run ashore to explore.
(d) Remove supplies and abandon the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freydis tell people in Greenland happened to the brothers?
2. What is the result of the trouble the slaves started?
3. What is Aud's full title?
4. What does Aud have erected at Kross Hills?
5. Which of the following best describes the sentiment between Freydis and the brothers in Vinland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eirik know to look for Greenland? What did he do when he found it?
2. Explain the entire affair of Eirik and the bench-boards.
3. Why was Bjarni determined to reach Greenland? What did he do there when he did?
4. Describe the woman that Gudrid sees and the discourse between them.
5. Describe the interactions the settlers have with the natives.
6. What kind of person is Freydis? Give examples.
7. Who is Thorir and what happens to him?
8. How does Leif become aware of Freydis' behavior on Vinland and what does he do about it?
9. What does the saga of Gudrid's Ancestry tell us about Aud's faith and what she does to practice it?
10. Describe the land that Thorvald and his men reported seeing all up and down the coast.
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)