Short Answer Key
Grænlendinga Saga, Chapters 1 - 2, Eirik Explores Greenland, Bjarni Sights Land to the West
1. Who is Thorvald?
The father of Eirik the Red.
2. Why do Eirik and Thorvald leave Norway?
Because of some killings.
3. Who is Leif?
The son of Eirik the Red.
4. What is Iceland like when Eirik the Red arrives there?
Already well settled.
5. What causes a fight between Eirik and Thorgest?
6. What is Eirik sentenced with by the Thorsness Assembly?
7. Where does Eirik propose to go when he leaves Iceland?
To explore land sighted to the west.
8. What does Eirik do when he finds Greenland?
Explores it and name places for three years.
9. Why does Eirik name the land he discovered "Greenland"?
To attract people there.
10. Which of the following best describes Bjarni?
All of the above.
11. What does Herjolf...
This section contains 2,672 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)