|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapter 5 - 6, Leif Discovers Vinland, Thorstein Eiriksson Dies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size crew does Leif Eiriksson take with him?
(a) Thirty five men.
(b) Four ships, abundantly manned.
(c) A barely sufficient skeleton crew.
(d) Just himself and two close friends.
2. What does Sigrid see in her vision?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The corpses of herself and Thorstein Eriksson.
(c) A line of corpses outside the house.
(d) Gardi trying to flog others with a whip.
3. What does Leif Eiriksson do with the news of the land sighted to the west?
(a) He visits Bjarni and buys his ship.
(b) He is made a retainer at Earl Eiriks courst and ordered to explore.
(c) He starts building his own boat, despite prostestations.
(d) He and a crew still his father's ship and leave to explore.
4. What is Eirik sentenced with by the Thorsness Assembly?
(d) Five years of exploration service for the king.
5. Where does Eirik propose to go when he leaves Iceland?
(a) To take revenge.
(b) He is set to sea with no guide or plan.
(c) Back to Norway.
(d) To explore land sighted to the west.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the prophecy, where will Gudrid go on pilgrimage?
2. Who is Karlsefni?
3. Which of the following best describes the sentiment between Freydis and the brothers in Vinland?
4. What does Freydis tell people in Greenland happened to the brothers?
5. What religious affiliation does Aud practice?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)