|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapter 5 - 6, Leif Discovers Vinland, Thorstein Eiriksson Dies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the fight with Thorgest?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Eirik is sentenced to outlawry.
(c) Eirik hides and then flees the island.
(d) Thorgest scours the country looking for Eirik.
2. What drives Thorvald and his men to shore the second summer?
(a) A fierce gale.
(c) The sighting of a human settlement.
(d) The need for lumber.
3. What religious affiliation does Aud practice?
(b) She refused to practice.
4. Who gives the prophecy about Gudrid?
(a) Thorstein the Black.
(b) Thorstein's corpse.
(c) A goddess in Gudrid's dream.
(d) The native seer.
5. What happens to the brothers and their men?
(a) They skraelings kill them.
(b) They die from a disease.
(c) Freydis has her husband Thorvard kill them.
(d) They fight amonst themselves and leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels with Thorbjorn to Greenland?
2. What does Freydis tell people in Greenland happened to the brothers?
3. How does Eirik find Greenland?
4. Who goes on the next exploration of Vinland in Eirik's saga?
5. Why do Eirik and Thorvald leave Norway?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)