|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapter 5 - 6, Leif Discovers Vinland, Thorstein Eiriksson Dies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thorkel prepare for Thorbjorg before her arrival?
(a) An informal social greeting time.
(b) A feast.
(c) A service.
(d) A high seat with a cushion.
2. Why is Thorbjorg invited to the feast at Herjolfsness.
(a) To determine when the famine would end.
(b) To bless the food.
(c) Because she is very popular.
(d) To arrange matches.
3. Why does Thorstein wish to return to Vinland?
(a) To acquire a stock of lumber.
(b) None of the above.
(c) To fetch Thorvald's body.
(d) To make more wine from the grapes.
4. What does Bjarni do when he hears Herjolf has moved to Greenland?
(a) Assumes his rank and position in Iceland.
(b) Immediately sets off there in his ship.
(c) Prepares a mass emigration to follow.
(d) Takes men to bring him back to Iceland.
5. What is the general consensus about Freydis after her trip to Vinland?
(a) She is plagued by misfortune.
(b) She earned the title of explorer.
(c) No one thinks anything but ill of her and her family.
(d) She can command ship like a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Thorstein and his men spend the summer?
2. What does Leif Eiriksson do with the news of the land sighted to the west?
3. After her time in Orkney, where does Aud go?
4. What is Thorbjorn's reaction when he hears of the potential match for Gudrid?
5. Where do Thorvald and his men moor the boat and wander on shore?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)