|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapter 5 - 6, Leif Discovers Vinland, Thorstein Eiriksson Dies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aud Do in Orkney after she hears of the death of Thorstein the Red?
(a) Gives away his daughter, Groa, in marriage.
(b) Raises her grandchildren.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Seeks vengence for her husband's death.
2. Which of the following best characterizes the natural resources and weather on the land that Leif and his men explore?
(a) Few and cold.
(b) Abundant and mild.
(c) Sufficient and tolerable.
(d) Sparse and changeable.
3. What happens to the brothers and their men?
(a) They fight amonst themselves and leave.
(b) They skraelings kill them.
(c) They die from a disease.
(d) Freydis has her husband Thorvard kill them.
4. What is the land like that Bjarni sees first?
(a) Wooded with low hills.
(b) Heavily populated.
(c) Mountainous and icy.
(d) Desolate and bare.
5. What arrangement does Karlsefni make with Leif regarding the houses in Vinland?
(a) Leif gives him the houses on the condition that the settlement is named after him.
(b) Leif is willing to lend Karlsefni the houses, but not give them.
(c) Karlsefni can use them until Leif arrives again.
(d) Karlsefni buys the houses from Leif.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to further explore Vinland?
2. What drives Thorvald and his men to shore the second summer?
3. What does Gudrid see that no one else sees?
4. Who gives Gudrid the prophecy about her future?
5. What is different about the trip Karlsefni makes to Vinland from the previous ones?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)