|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 9 - 11, Thorhall Breaks Away, Karlsefni Goes South, The Skrælings Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Karlsefni and his men meet the natives?
(a) They stared at each other and then the natives left.
(b) Karlsefni took them prisoner.
(c) They fought, and several of Karlsefni's men are killed.
(d) Gudrid started converting them to Christianity.
2. What does Gudrid do for Thorbjorg?
(a) Help set up her tools.
(b) Encourage people to attend.
3. What washes up on the shore over the winter when they are hungry?
(a) A whale.
(b) An abandoned ship.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Six sea lions.
4. What do Leif and his crew decide to do regarding their discovery of this land?
(a) Take samples of the resources and return to Greenland.
(b) Leave part of the crew to explore while the other part returns to Greenland to report.
(c) Build houses, spend the winter, and explore.
(d) Name it after Earl Eirik.
5. What arrangement does Karlsefni make with Leif regarding the houses in Vinland?
(a) Karlsefni buys the houses from Leif.
(b) Leif is willing to lend Karlsefni the houses, but not give them.
(c) Karlsefni can use them until Leif arrives again.
(d) Leif gives him the houses on the condition that the settlement is named after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the clothes of the prophetess Thorbjorg?
2. What nickname is Leif given upon his return to Greenland?
3. How many ships and men travel with Karlsefni to Greenland?
4. Who gives the prophecy about Gudrid?
5. What does Bjarni do when he hears Herjolf has moved to Greenland?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)