|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 9 - 11, Thorhall Breaks Away, Karlsefni Goes South, The Skrælings Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leif find in Vinland?
(a) Gold, sheep, and wild game.
(b) Towns and ports.
(c) Gold and lumber.
(d) Wild wheat, vines, and maples.
2. Where do Karlsefni and his men spend the next winter?
(a) In the houses Leif built.
(b) At an abandoned native settlement.
(c) In houses they build near the lake.
(d) On the ship.
3. Who is Freydis?
(a) A seer and a witch.
(b) The arrogant daughter of Eirik the Red.
(c) The wife of Herjolf.
(d) The first victim of the plague.
4. How does Freydis get left behind?
(a) She wants to stay and fight the natives.
(b) She refuses to leave the safety of the ship.
(c) She is pregnant and can't keep up when they flee.
(d) She claims the natives are friendly.
5. What happens after the fight with Thorgest?
(a) Thorgest scours the country looking for Eirik.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Eirik hides and then flees the island.
(d) Eirik is sentenced to outlawry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Leif and his crew decide to do regarding their discovery of this land?
2. What happens when Eirik requests his possessions back from Thorgest?
3. What happens on the trip to Greenland?
4. What does Tyrkir find?
5. What is the nature of the Christmas feast Eirik the Red served Karlsefni and company?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)