|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grænlendinga Saga, Chapters 5 - 6, Thorvald Explores Vinland, Thorstein Eiriksson Dies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Bjarni to lose his bearings at sea?
(a) An inexperienced crew.
(c) Damaged instruments.
(d) Heavy fog and northerly winds.
2. What happens to Tyrkir?
(a) He gets separated from the other men.
(b) He gets into a fight with Leif and leaves by himself.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He hears strange sounds and follows them.
3. Who tries to join Leif Eiriksson in his journey but was injured at the last moment?
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) A Christian missionary.
4. What is Iceland like when Eirik the Red arrives there?
(a) A shipping port.
(c) Occupied by enemies.
(d) Already well settled.
5. How is Tyrkir described?
(a) Large, strong, and oafish.
(b) Puny, shifty eyed, and clever with his hands.
(c) Small, easily frightened, and learned.
(d) Sickly, clever, and traitorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men wish to stop at this land?
2. How do Thorstein and his men spend the summer?
3. What drives Thorvald and his men to shore the second summer?
4. How many men and ships return to Vinland with Thorvald?
5. What causes a fight between Eirik and Thorgest?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)