|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story Francisco tells his twin daughters that makes them scream?
2. How many ships are commissioned by Francisco, either privately or with partners?
3. How old was Jijibou when she married Francisco?
4. Why are the slaves amazed to see Francisco work on the repairs to the fort?
5. What sound does Francisco hear from the home of the doctor's wife that makes him stop to listen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Francisco come to be involved in the slave trade? What is it that forces his partners out of the trade?
Essay Topic 2
There are two instances in which the characters of the book are faced with a disease. Compare the two situations, including the characters involved.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Joaquim. What kind of person is he? What do his actions say about him?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)