|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the question the family wants answered before Mama Wewe dies?
(a) Who is your father?
(b) What is the secret to long life?
(c) Where did our family originate?
(d) Where are the papers?
2. What color is the jumpsuit worn by the photographer, Cyriaque Cabochichi?
3. Where is Mama Wewe lying?
(a) A couch
(b) The grave of Francisco
(c) A bed
(d) The floor
4. Which of the following was NOT one of the fates that befell the family?
(a) Burning of several houses after a roasting nut caught on fire
(b) A mudslide collapsing one wall of the compound
(c) Loss of revenue from the slave trade
(d) Damage from a tornado
5. Where does the family head after the memorial event?
(a) A Portuguese sail boat
(b) A Portuguese restaurant
(c) The Portuguese Chapel
(d) The Portuguese Fort
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of the man who tends the family's cattle?
2. What job is Francisco given at the Coutinhos' plantation?
3. What happens to the man who gets his hand caught in a press on the farm?
4. Hhow many rooms are there in Francisco's childhood home?
5. How long would Manuelzinho remain with Francisco and his mother before leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the twins?
2. What plan is concocted to get the twins and their stepmother out of Ouidah and what happens to that plan?
3. Why is it that the king and Francisco clash over the king's cruelty to the slaves?
4. Who is Dr. Ferraez and what was he like?
5. How is Mama Wewe related to the Da Silva family?
6. What impact does Joaquim's mother have on Francisco's life?
7. Describe Francisco's physical state just before his death.
8. It's noted that Francisco's mother is "filled with rage." Why is she battling this rage?
9. Who are Umbelina and Leocadia and what are their roles in the life of their father?
10. What kind of young man does Isodoro turn out to be and what happens to him?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)