|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Francisco during the drought?
(a) One year, seven months
2. Which of the following is the professor NOT wearing on the day Mama Wewe met him for the first time?
(a) A jacket with lots of pockets
(b) A bowler hat
(d) A veil
3. What does the young girl say is wrong with Mama Wewe?
(a) She's grieving for Francisco
(b) She won't eat
(c) She's been poisoned
(d) She's had a heart attack
4. How many days pass during which the professor could not come to shore because of bad weather?
5. Why do the other boys make fun of Cesario?
(a) Becuase of his name
(b) Because of his limp and crossed eyes
(c) Because of his dark curly hair and brown eyes
(d) Because of his blond hair and green eyes
6. When did Mama Wewe fall in love with the professor?
(a) In 1998
(b) She'd never loved him
(c) When she was nineteen
(d) Exactly ninety-eight years ago
7. What musical instrument is being played as the memorial event takes place?
8. What event did Mama Wewe celebrate in 1953?
(a) Her one hundredth birthday
(b) The birth of her one hundredth great-grandchild
(c) The birth of her fourth child
(d) Her one hundredth anniversary
9. What color is the plaque with Dom Francisco's memorial information?
10. What is Francisco de Silva's Brazilian name?
(a) Dom Francisco
(b) Don de Silva
(c) Don Siverado
(d) Dom Franklin
11. How long would Manuelzinho remain with Francisco and his mother before leaving?
(a) He never leaves
(b) About a month
(c) About a year
(d) About a week
12. What color is the cat Francisco's first wife is often seen with?
13. What fruit is on a plate near Mama Wewe?
14. What condition is placed on the family holding the memorial event?
(a) That they wear masks so they don't spread the flu
(b) That they listen to a specific broadcast
(c) That they pay in advance for the use of the church
(d) That they pay homage to the military leaders
15. How did Mama Benz make the trip from the memorial event?
(a) In a Mercedes
(b) By boat
(c) By carriage
(d) By foot
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the walls of the Coutinhos' plantation?
2. What is significant about the trunks of the mango trees Mama Wewe passes as she walks with the professor?
3. How many tears does Francisco say he sheds for his mother?
4. What color is Rosemary da Silva's dress?
5. What year does Francisco land in Ouidah?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)