|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the woman when she begins to cry?
(a) The belly of the compound
(b) The cemetery
(c) The doorway of the main house
(d) The opening of the pantry
2. What do the slaves do each morning while awaiting transport?
(a) Eat, bathe and dance
(b) Eat, then work on the repairs to the fort
(c) Eat then go to the mines
(d) Eat then go to the fields
3. What is the prevalent smell during March at the home of Joaquim's family?
4. How many passengers are on board the canoe that takes Francisco to shore?
5. What event did Mama Wewe celebrate in 1953?
(a) Her one hundredth birthday
(b) The birth of her fourth child
(c) The birth of her one hundredth great-grandchild
(d) Her one hundredth anniversary
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is under a glass dome on the mantle of Mama Wewe's home?
2. What color is the cat Francisco's first wife is often seen with?
3. What is Francisco's wife carrying when he meets her for the first time?
4. What color are the shutters on Francisco's childhood home?
5. What does one family member say a cowrie shell was used for in the United States?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)