|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chpater Five, pages 111-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who tends cattle for Francisco's mother?
2. What does the young girl say is wrong with Mama Wewe?
(a) She won't eat
(b) She's had a heart attack
(c) She's grieving for Francisco
(d) She's been poisoned
3. What is significant about the trunks of the mango trees Mama Wewe passes as she walks with the professor?
(a) They've been whitewashed
(b) They have handholds for climbing
(c) They have names carved in them
(d) They've been sawed off
4. Who wins the game between the professor and Mama Wewe's brother, Antonio?
(b) The professor
(d) It's a tie
5. How does Francisco know what time it is?
(a) From the sun and the constellations
(b) By the actions of those around him
(c) From his watch
(d) He asks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joaquim say his mother did following her husband's death?
2. How did Tupuitapera get its name?
3. What does Mama Wewe put in Cesario's hand before he's buried?
4. How many ships are commissioned by Francisco, either privately or with partners?
5. What do the Da Silva boys wear until they are about seven years old?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)