|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lydia bolt and run?
(a) George tells her to
(b) The lions are coming at them
(c) Someone is ringing the front doorbell
(d) She is suddenly too hot and very thirsty
2. Who is the author of The Veldt?
(a) Daniel Quinn
(b) Ray Bradbury
(c) Vladimir Nabokov
(d) Raymond Carver
3. When George and David enter the nursery, what are the lions doing?
4. Complete the sentence: “…the walls began to ________ and recede into __________distance…”?
(a) Shimmer / blinding
(b) Talk / far
(c) Argue / dark
(d) Purr / crystalline
5. What does the nursery transform into as George and Lydia are inspecting it?
(a) A tropical jungle
(b) The Sahara Desert
(c) An African veldt
(d) The Grand Canyon
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the wallet?
2. How does the nursery create scenes?
3. What are the children doing when Dr. McClean arrives?
4. What have Peter and Wendy had for dinner at the carnival?
5. Where are the lions going?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lydia propose to change her feelings of worthlessness?
2. How does Dr. McClean say the nursery feels?
3. Where are George and Lydia Hadley?
4. What does George find of his in the corner where the lions where feeding?
5. How long does he think the children have been conjuring Africa? What had he noticed, but not paid attention to?
6. How does the nursery change once George and Lydia enter?
7. Explain the following quote: “And again George Hadley was filled with admiration for the mechanical genius who had conceived this room. A miracle of efficiency selling for an absurdly low price. Every home should have one.”
8. Explain how the nursery reflects the children’s psyches.
9. What does Lydia believe the lions have just been doing? How does she know this?
10. Why does Lydia want George to look at the nursery?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)