|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lydia’s initial solution?
(a) To get rid of the machines
(b) To tear the room down
(c) To lock the nursery for a few days until her nerves are settled
(d) To do nothing; the children will throw a fit
2. Who does George think is spoiled?
(a) Max and Ruby
(b) All of them, the entire family
(d) Peter and Wendy
3. What is on the wallet?
(a) A green goo that is undecipherable
(b) Drops of saliva, chew marks, and smears of blood
(c) Bits of grass, water and mud
(d) Nothing; it is clean
4. How much did they pay for their home?
5. How do the children react to the nursery being turned off?
(a) They try to blackmail their parents into turning it back on
(b) They scream and cry, and throw a tantrum
(c) They act indifferent, as if they don’t care
(d) They threaten their parents with violence
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does George laugh at Lydia?
2. How old are the children?
3. How many children are there in the family?
4. What doesn’t Dr. McClean think “feels good”?
5. What does Dr. McClean suggest George and Lydia do to change the path they’re on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lydia notice about George as well?
2. Why is George hesitant to lock up the nursery? What does he fear?
3. What does George hear just as he enters the nursery (for the second time in the story)?
4. Describe the sensory experience of the nursery. What senses does the nursery appeal to? Use a description from the text as an example.
5. How do Wendy and Peter tell their parents that they will be late for dinner?
6. What does David McClean find on the floor of the nursery?
7. How does Peter accidentally confess that they have, in fact, been conjuring Africa?
8. Explain Dr.McClean’s comment that children prefer santas over scrooges.
9. In the past, what has David McClean noticed about the nursery?
10. What is odd about the children when Dr.McClean arrives?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)