|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, “I don’t want to do anything but look and listen and smell; what else is there to do”?
2. What have Peter and Wendy had for dinner at the carnival?
(a) Bread and butter
(b) They have not had dinner yet
(c) They have had protein smoothies
(d) Hot dogs and strawberry ice cream
3. To whom does the item belong?
4. What does the found item smell like?
(a) Cigarette smoke
(b) Hot grass and lion
(c) Rain and ferns
(d) Old cheese and meat
5. Who says, “It’s just that the nursery is different now than it was before”?
(a) The wife
(b) The husband
(c) Peter Hadley
(d) The psychologist
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family plan on going for vacation?
2. Who threatens George?
3. Who says the following: “But nothing’s too good for our children”?
4. Who is the author of The Veldt?
5. What is the problem that Lydia is beginning to feel with the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lydia think is wrong with her life?
2. Why does Lydia “bolt and run”?
3. How does Peter accidentally confess that they have, in fact, been conjuring Africa?
4. Why does Lydia want George to look at the nursery?
5. What do they see when they all walk into the nursery together so that George can prove Africa is in there?
6. How long does he think the children have been conjuring Africa? What had he noticed, but not paid attention to?
7. Why does Lydia want George to lock up the nursery?
8. What does Lydia believe the lions have just been doing? How does she know this?
9. George says that his children treat him as if he were the offspring. Provide examples of this sentiment from the text.
10. Why aren’t Wendy and Peter at dinner?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)