|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. McClean state as one of the original uses of the nursery?
(a) So that we could study patterns left on the walls by the child’s mind, study at our leisure and help the child
(b) To entertain the children
(c) To fill their minds with knowledge of the world
(d) To watch the children so that the adults may live their lives
2. From whose perspective is the story told?
(a) Lydia Hadley’s
(b) David McClean’s
(c) Peter Hadley’s
(d) George Hadley’s
3. What concerns George?
(a) George is concerned that Lydia doesn’t have enough to do in the house
(b) George is concerned that they don’t have enough money to pay their bills
(c) George is concerned that his children don’t come home for dinner
(d) George is concerned that the lions were killing and eating, which means that for this to happen his children had thought of death
4. What does Peter admit to?
(a) Sneaking out of the house
(b) Conjuring up Africa
(c) Re-programming the house systems
(d) Secretly taking the trip to New York
5. What does Dr. McClean say children prefer?
6. What does the nursery transform into as George and Lydia are inspecting it?
(a) An African veldt
(b) The Sahara Desert
(c) A tropical jungle
(d) The Grand Canyon
7. Where are the lions going?
(a) To eat
(b) To the watering hole
(c) To hunt
(d) To bed down for night time
8. What trembles as if “something had jumped against it”?
(a) The entire house
(b) Lydia’s heart
(c) The dining room table
(d) The door to the nursery
9. What are their bedrooms called?
(d) Slumber rooms
10. What are the children doing when Dr. McClean arrives?
(a) Playing video games on the wall TVs in the living room
(b) Eating lunch in what looks like an open glade in the nursery
(c) Having a formal dinner in the dinging room
(d) Napping in their beds
11. Who says, “It’s just that the nursery is different now than it was before”?
(a) The psychologist
(b) The husband
(c) The wife
(d) Peter Hadley
12. How many children are there in the family?
13. Dinner is being prepared for a family of ________.
14. How do the children tell their parents that they won’t be home for dinner?
(a) They called on a cellular phone
(b) They just come home late
(c) They “televised” home to say they’d be late
(d) They transported an image of themselves
15. What has happened to the parents at the end of the story?
(a) George and Lydia pack up their children and leave the house forever
(b) George and Lydia have been killed by lions by the will of their children
(c) Nothing happens, because despite Dr.McClean’s suggestions no changes are made
(d) The parents take the family on a vacation to Iowa
Short Answer Questions
1. What do George and Lydia hear while they are lying in bed?
2. What is flying overhead?
3. What doesn’t Dr. McClean think “feels good”?
4. What does the found item smell like?
5. What does Dr.McClean say that George has become?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)